BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Read this first ––> http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html

Quoted:
Read this.  I did not write it, I picked it up somewhere on the web.  Possibly here.

KNIFE FIGHTING POINTS
Ten Points About The Fighting Knife

1). The knife is always with you, even in places where the gun cannot go.

2). It becomes the first line of weaponry when the pistol is not available by choice, policy, inaccessibility or loss.

3). If things have gotten bad enough to need the knife, the use of the knife should be aggressive, brutal and terminal, and not "defensive".

4). There is a place for using a knife against the unarmed adversary if that adversary is younger, stronger or faster than you are...or more numerous.

5). There is a place for keeping them away with your edge, but there is also a place for closing and stabbing.

6). A knife worthy of combat carry should facilitate stabbing and be simple and instictive to use.

7). The more complicated and complex a knife is, and the more elaborate its system of use, the less desirable it is.

8). Conversely, the simpler the knife and the system and more gross motor dependant it is, the better it will do in a fight.

9). A fixed blade is more desirable than a folder, but a folder may be required in some applications. If a folder is used, the lock should be robust and not technically clever.

10). Learn to be violent with your knife

Ten Attributes To Select Your Fighting Knife

1). Sharp as hell and pointy as f***, you can't stab anyone or cut anyone with a dull round nosed blade. If this sounds vulgar, it is. There is nothing dainty about ramming a 3" piece of steel into a man's thrioat and tiwsting it as he fights to get it out.

2). Point in line with the handle. Upswept blades may be the acme of the knifemaker artist, but they suck eggs for ramming through a clavicle.

3). Long enough...but not too long. We hear that about lots of things.

4). Rough handle. Either G-10 or rough designed zytel handles. When you stab another man, his juices will get all over your blade and hand.

5). Solid lock. Liner locks suck. I don't care how graceful or cool they are...they suck. Axis lock as seen with benchmade or with Cold Steel is the way to go, or with an old style lockback design.

6). Solid opening method. This being 2009, and the "Wave" concept being as old as the pyramids now....a combat blade should have a wave feature if it is a folder.

7). Good steel. That does NOT mean stainless. I don't give an airborne fornication about stains on my knife...I WANT IT SHARP!

8). Again, if a folder, it needs a movable clip so operators may carry it as desired. The more I work on this Killing-focused system, the more I am liking reverse grip - edge in. That means for a righty, you carry point up- blade forward.

9). It must be cost-effective. Notice I did not say CHEAP. Cheap knives are for fags. Cost-effective means that if I decide to ditch it, I will not be heart broken to lose my special one-of-a-kind....nor will that special one-of-a-kind be tied to me.

10). There should be a boatload of them out there in society....like Glocks. Thus you cannot be identified or tied to the gear you use.

If some of this stuff sounds like it comes from the world of the criminal rather than the world of the law abiding good guy, it does. One does not go to a clean shaven altar boy to learn to cut a throat.

Ten Points About Using The Knife In A Fight

1). A fighting is knife is fueled by rage and ferocity, not by cleverness and showmanship. I recall seeing CWS go ape (or was it AMOK) on a knife expert we brought in one year. The best the very clever and artistic knife expert could do was match CWS stab for stab. But that was after CWS had stabbed him three or four times.

2). Learn to stab....HARD

3). Learn to hold the knife in a way that you will not lose it when you STAB HARD.

4). Since few of us go about with a 10" bowie, learn your targets. You may not be able to behead an attacker, but you can in fact rip out his jugular even with a 2" box cutter.

5). Footwork gets you off the line of the attack, but also gets you close enough to STAB HIM HARD.

6). The instant you pull steel your intent should be to stick it in his neck and rip it out a different way, and not to spar, fend, or ask him to stay back.

7). The grip area of your knife MUST be rough enough to stay in your hand if your hand is covered with blood (hopefully not yours).

8). The point must be in line with your stab. A Cold Steel Scimitar of a Spyderco Chinook do not have this, but a Cold Steel AK-47 and a Spyderco Endura do.

9). To train it, each knife must have an identical trainer (dulled knife) and a wooden/rubberized trainer (like Nok's). The identical trainer is used for technical and access drills. The wooden type trainer is used for attacking the heavy bag or the stabbing post.

10). Contrary to the advice of others, use your fighting knife for everything. From opening letters to cutting cheese or tomatoes. Handle your knife daily, keep it sharp, keep it handy. make accessing it as natural as scratching your butt.

bump.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
damn, this thread just made me order this
http://www.crkt.com/Ultima-5in-Black-Blade-Veff-Combo-Edge
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had a thread looking for a small EDC fixed blade and now I am looking at how I can carry a SOD
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
[tag] got to get something more worthy, I can see Chris Reeves shop from my house[/tag]
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
For no truly practical reason I like the Benchmade Nimravus.

Top knife.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.agrussell.com/boker-applegate-fairbairn/p/BO-AF11/

Applegate~Fairbairn the first name in fighting knives

+1000

It has a great kydex sheath that holds the blade in well but is easy to remove.  It has a belt loop.  There is also a rubber loop that goes around the handle if you want it secured even more so.  Unfortunately, there are no nice pictures showing both the knife and the sheath:

http://www.knifestuff.com/boker/applegate/bo-af11.jpg

It has everything you want in a 'fighting' knife:

. . .

2)  Blade is double edged which creates more severe wounds since it cuts on both edges on its way in and out, and it's more  
    difficult to defend against since you can't grab the blade as easily.

For fighting, I'd rather have a bowie style blade. Has more leverage for much better cutting. I think a proper bowie knife is just about perfect as a fighting knife. Except then it may not be with you when you need it, given size issues.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure they've already been suggested, but I'm gonna go with a SOG Seal Pup or a plain ole' Kabar. Maybe a tanto Kabar.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
This knife is very nice, I have SRK and I love it !!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a thread looking for a small EDC fixed blade and now I am looking at how I can carry a SOD

Good luck finding one.  The only one I found was on Ebay and I think they wanted over $200.  I'll see how the Esee 6 does.  

My EDC is the BM Barrage.  I love that knife for a folder.  I cut twine and net wrap off round bales every day and it holds an edge very well.  Hay is hell on blades.  The cheap ones won't hold an edge more than a couple days.  The BM holds a pretty decent edge for a couple weeks.

Just try not to lose it.They are a bitch to find in the snow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Randall 1-7, just a classic piece of Americana.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z120/planejanel/Photo-0147.jpg

Jane

That's a great looking knife, but I'm not responsible enough to have things that look nice.

My stuff just needs to be extra durable.  I'm not into caressing most of my stuff.  

Most of the time I try to see how long it takes to break it.

I understand.   How about a Fallkniven A-1?  Six and a quarter inches, VG-10, about a hundred and twenty-five, I think, if you shop around.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z120/planejanel/A1-web.jpg

Jane

That looks more like what I'm interested in.  I'll do some checking on it.

ETA: Does it have any serration?  That is one of the things I'm wanting on it.

I don't believe Fallkniven does serrations.  Opinions vary, of course, but many see little purpose to serrations other than cutting rope or maybe heavy cardboard.

Jane

I remember reading somewhere that cutting a throat wasn't like the movies. That the blade should be stuck into the side of the neck and worked forward and out the front, serrations being a bonus for working through everything. I read it, never done it, so who knows?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

From my experience if you get the blade in past 1/2 way, you can fulcrum the tip of the blade off the front of the spine and it will sever what you need it to.serrations or not. just make sure its sharp...it works on pigs. from my further experience..humans are a lot more fragile than pigs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I knew a southerner once who said a dull rusty knife was best for fighting with. Dullness caused more pain, and the rust would likely cause infection.

It wont do you anygood to maim a fucker so he dies 3 days after he gutted you with a razors edge...pain and infection dont win knife fights. causing the most massive amount of trauma and blood loss does.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]

I bought a Kabar...
It is damn stout...
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew a southerner once who said a dull rusty knife was best for fighting with. Dullness caused more pain, and the rust would likely cause infection.

It wont do you anygood to maim a fucker so he dies 3 days after he gutted you with a razors edge...pain and infection dont win knife fights. causing the most massive amount of trauma and blood loss does.

This is kinda how I feel.  If I have to take a knife out the situation is pretty serious.  If I have to use a knife on you my goal is to kill you as quickly and brutally as possible.  I'm no martial arts guy, so it's gonna be messy and bad.  I'm not trying to punish you or change your mind.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#15]

The sling blade dude......

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
In the theme of this thread:
Navy SEAL with a knife
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow.

That is an excellent demonstration as to why I never, ever want to be involved in a knife fight with anything less than 10+ yards of separation and a loaded gun in my hand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Navy SEAL with a knife

Looks like OJ put on some weight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://graymanknives.com/grax.html

Isn't that the guy that was posing as former R-SAS?  Mike Ajax?

any more info so i can look into it

Drama on the web a few years ago. Guy was teaching man tracking for .mil. At a seminar he said he had some knife kills and drank blood from a skull in Africa and claimed to be former Rhodesian SAS.  Some guys at the seminar started checking him out due to the outlandish stories. Turns out he wasn't RSAS.

Pretty sure same guy and he was connected to Mick Strider who also turned out to be lying about his "special ops"  and combat background too.

I'll try to dig up some links.

That would be too bad.  His knives are pretty nice.  I'm not gonna do business with a "storyteller" though.  

If you find anything, let us know.  If you don't, I guess you should as well since the subject has been brought up.

A lot of the links are broken due to them being from 2001 and 2002 but there's still bits and pieces around the internet.

It's kind of convoluted to follow.

http://www.csqnsas.com/dishonour.html

Micheal Bottoms claims among other things to have eleven "knife kills", quite bizarre, whilst serving as a member of Csqn, He Isnt. Unfortuneatly Mr Bottoms has been instructing the USMC, I hate to think what he has been saying. Click HERE to read about him (link is broken. Used to go to the socnetcentral website and there was a big call out thread there.)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.tacticalforums.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000625.html

posted 04-05-2002 07:49              
Emails were sent to his "MANTRACK" addy and there has been no reply to the RSAS and myself.

The RSAS has requested me to go on record as asking Michael Eugene Bottoms a.k.a. "Mike Ajax" to cease and desist from using their name and any affiliation of the RSAS "C" Squad. The President Dan O'Sullivan has requested this and there is documentary proof.

exhibited below are proof of claims by the aforementioned individual.

picture #1

picture #2

picture #3

––––––––––––––––––
"Our own life is the instrument with which we experiment with truth."

I LOVE Humanity, I just can't stand some of the people in it....

[This message has been edited by tactec (edited 04-05-2002).]

IP: Logged

Steve
Moderator posted 04-05-2002 10:10                
Related thread here
http://www.usualsuspect.net/forums/showthread.php?s=0c2baa48f6adc1c475729101e794e0f7&threadid=2442

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518522&page=61

Quote:
PD Shooter
2 November 2001, 13:00
Mike Bottoms AKA Mike Ajax runs Mantrack Unlimited. This is the verified phony I checked out. I saw him at a symposium lately talking all kinds of wild stories. Apparently, he's been teaching Marines for years.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68317

The Mantrack name goes back to the school established by ex-RSAS squadie David Scott-Donelan. Borrowed to use as a knife model name and to carry some of the gloss of Scott-Donelan's acheivements, the original version was similar to a Strider MT-L, with "Mantrack" stamped on it, and was strictly a Japanese dealers only item. It was sold with some swag, including an autograph from non-RSAS Mike Ajax. The next iteration looked more like a BN-SS, also a limited edition knife stamped Mantrack, and was also a JMO item. Because of the very close association of the now-appropriated term Mantrack with Mike Ajax, the Ajax model also became connected to the term. Then, when Mike Ajax became the force behind Mercworx designs, and morphed into Mike Grayman, the designs and name followed along. Any use of the original Strider design by Mike was completely with permission and blessing of Mick, a good friend to Mike.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think some of the stories that he told at the below presentation is what got people questioning his credentials.  GySgt Lakis was proven to be a fake too and was one of the people vouching for Mike when his credentials were being called into question in the big socnetcentral callout thread.  

Mick Strider also vouched for him (Mike Ajax) in the call out thread and then a few years later his real background came to light (no spec ops or combat experience and discharged from the Army early) and eventually Strider's partner too Duane Dwyer (Scout Sniper poser).

October 5, 2001 1400 - 1700

Base Theatre, Mainside, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, San Diego, CA

Join the Scout/Sniper Association members for an afternoon of educational and motivational talks and stories. Some of the most storied and well known USMC Snipers in the world will be here. Once the talks secure, we will then retire to the SNCO club next to the main gate to socialize. All the speakers as well as many experienced Snipers will be available to meet in person to chat with and ask questions. This will also be a continued time to meet with the vendors.

Our speakers include:
<snip>

Mike Ajax, former Rhodesian SAS, Bladed weapons and Mantracking instructor, regular guest speaker at 1 Mar Div S/S School

<snip>

GySgt. Gary Lakis USMCR, decorated Marine and former Special Operations Command Sniper with modern combat experience in Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo

<snip>

Wow, he is still claming to be RSAS, check out the knife mags with his knives in it. I wonder if he will let me return his knives
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#20]
My brother gave me a Ka-Bar for Christmas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Roundeye Hobbit Warrior. I'd suggest the Al MAr Warrior, but, you said you can't have nice things. Best reverse grip fighters going.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#22]

i spewed bev out my nose  well played
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Roundeye Hobbit Warrior. I'd suggest the Al MAr Warrior, but, you said you can't have nice things. Best reverse grip fighters going.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ry3vo1.jpg

I agree, there are some great knives out there.  I'm just not the guy that keeps things in display quality.  It may get left in a pack for a month or in a pickup.  I take care of my stuff, I just don't baby it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I bought this blade about two years ago and mounted it to my vest thinking it would be a great knife.  I honestly hate it.  It will not stay sharp and when filled with blood (attempted to gut a deer with it) it was slippery as hell.  If anyone wants it PM me. No sheath
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I blame this thread for making me buy a swamp rat waki and warden, and for the impending purchase of something with a 8-10" blade.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#26]
As much as I dont care for Glock, I think their field knife in a decent knife.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I blame this thread for making me buy a swamp rat waki and warden, and for the impending purchase of something with a 8-10" blade.

Let's see your sword when you get it
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS9bV5X488

Tag

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!

Tag

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I like this thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ESEE ftw

That is my choice also!

An ESEE-5 to be exact.

I bought one specifically for carrying in San Antonio because they have banned folding knives that lock open.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]
OK - I am ordering this one... small enough to carry but can be used effectively...

Jonathon McNees MUK

Another great EDC knife that wears on your belt.  The MUK or McNees Utility Knife has a 1095 blade is 3" of pure cutting surface with thumb notches an overall length of 6 1/4". Olive Drab G-10 with contoured surface and black liners, stainless tubing. It comes secured in a Kydex sheath also made by Jonathon.  Not to sound redundant, but, check out that Hamon.  I just think that is so cool.  On my test model, I could cut into the spine with a file, but not on the edge.  So, this is not for show.  It is a true Hamon.
$130.00

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought one of these almost 20 years ago when they were first imported an offered for just $49.  Blade Length: 9 1/2"  Sheath: Leather, Overall Length: 14 3/4" Blade Steel: ? Rc: 57-59  

Info from the interwebz,  "This particular model was imported for the folks at The Cutlery Shoppe by BlackJack Knives. The knives were Made for Blackjack by G. Sakai in Seki, Japan. According to Mike Stewart former CEO of BlackJack Knives only about 300 of these knives was brought into the U.S.  As far as I know the knives were only offered with a black Kraton handle that had a hardness of 75 on the durometer scale,  and a black leather sheath.  Some of the Teton Bowies were not marked with the BlackJack name and logo."

I got one of the early ones I guess as it is not marked by Blackjack.  I have carried and used this knife alot over the years.  I wish I knew the steel cause it is super tough and sharp as a razor.

It doesnt look like the modern fighters but I found one jof these in an old second hand store for a grand total of $25.  It is a beast and would chop through a car door.  The blade is some type of carbon steel from what I can tell.  My research told me it is from the 1950's and 60's from Solingen, Germany.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#35]
The ESEE hasn't showed up yet, but I used my benchmade today............To stab myself in the arm.  The hole was about an inch wide and not quite two and a half inches deep.  

I found a dead buck in the pasture this afternoon and cut his head off and was a rough skin out of his head.  I knew the way I was doing it was stupid, but figured nothing would happen.  I know, just like everyone else that stabs themselves.  

Knife went through a heavy carhart coat, two sweatshirts and about two inches of my forearm.  Sharp knives are efficient.  Didn't really bleed a lot, but had to get 5 stitches.  

Maybe I should call and see if I can cancel the ESEE 6.  I don't know what I'd have done with a "big" knife.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!

WTF! Check the vid at 3:32.

The guy is forcefully striking down onto a car hood. Imagine what would happen if he lost his grip and his hand slid down onto the blade?

My next camp fixed blade will definitely have guards.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Knife went through a heavy carhart coat, two sweatshirts and about two inches of my forearm.  Sharp knives are efficient.  Didn't really bleed a lot, but had to get 5 stitches.  

Maybe I should call and see if I can cancel the ESEE 6.  I don't know what I'd have done with a "big" knife.

Damn! That arm's gonna be sore for a few days.

I'm a lefty, if that happened to me, I'd be forced into abstinence for a week.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn! That arm's gonna be sore for a few days.

I'm a lefty, if that happened to me, I'd be forced into abstinence for a week.

I am also a lefty, primarily.  I'm pretty ambi so I do a lot with both hands.  

My wife is going to have to fill in for about a week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Navy SEAL with a knife

But seriously; thats how you fucking do it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The ESEE hasn't showed up yet, but I used my benchmade today............To stab myself in the arm.  The hole was about an inch wide and not quite two and a half inches deep.  

I found a dead buck in the pasture this afternoon and cut his head off and was a rough skin out of his head.  I knew the way I was doing it was stupid, but figured nothing would happen.  I know, just like everyone else that stabs themselves.  

Road Kill cafe?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks to the pics posted by ThePitbullofLove I had to get another one from Scrapyard Knives. Just had it delivered yesterday.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Thanks to the pics posted by ThePitbullofLove I had to get another one from Scrapyard Knives. Just had it delivered yesterday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/aScrapyard.jpg

Huzzah!  I'm an enabler!!!

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#43]
The ESEE was delivered this morning.  

I'm strangely aroused.  We'll see what I can ruin with it now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/aScrapyard.jpg

Huzzah!  I'm an enabler!!!

Yeah, I had a Dumpster Mutt that I sold like a jackass.Your pics made me want to replace it.I wanna start buying some Busses too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://graymanknives.com/grax.html

Isn't that the guy that was posing as former R-SAS?  Mike Ajax?

any more info so i can look into it

Drama on the web a few years ago. Guy was teaching man tracking for .mil. At a seminar he said he had some knife kills and drank blood from a skull in Africa and claimed to be former Rhodesian SAS.  Some guys at the seminar started checking him out due to the outlandish stories. Turns out he wasn't RSAS.

Pretty sure same guy and he was connected to Mick Strider who also turned out to be lying about his "special ops"  and combat background too.

I'll try to dig up some links.

That would be too bad.  His knives are pretty nice.  I'm not gonna do business with a "storyteller" though.  

If you find anything, let us know.  If you don't, I guess you should as well since the subject has been brought up.

A lot of the links are broken due to them being from 2001 and 2002 but there's still bits and pieces around the internet.

It's kind of convoluted to follow.

http://www.csqnsas.com/dishonour.html

Micheal Bottoms claims among other things to have eleven "knife kills", quite bizarre, whilst serving as a member of Csqn, He Isnt. Unfortuneatly Mr Bottoms has been instructing the USMC, I hate to think what he has been saying. Click HERE to read about him (link is broken. Used to go to the socnetcentral website and there was a big call out thread there.)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.tacticalforums.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000625.html

posted 04-05-2002 07:49              
Emails were sent to his "MANTRACK" addy and there has been no reply to the RSAS and myself.

The RSAS has requested me to go on record as asking Michael Eugene Bottoms a.k.a. "Mike Ajax" to cease and desist from using their name and any affiliation of the RSAS "C" Squad. The President Dan O'Sullivan has requested this and there is documentary proof.

exhibited below are proof of claims by the aforementioned individual.

picture #1

picture #2

picture #3

––––––––––––––––––
"Our own life is the instrument with which we experiment with truth."

I LOVE Humanity, I just can't stand some of the people in it....

[This message has been edited by tactec (edited 04-05-2002).]

IP: Logged

Steve
Moderator posted 04-05-2002 10:10                
Related thread here
http://www.usualsuspect.net/forums/showthread.php?s=0c2baa48f6adc1c475729101e794e0f7&threadid=2442

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518522&page=61

Quote:
PD Shooter
2 November 2001, 13:00
Mike Bottoms AKA Mike Ajax runs Mantrack Unlimited. This is the verified phony I checked out. I saw him at a symposium lately talking all kinds of wild stories. Apparently, he's been teaching Marines for years.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68317

The Mantrack name goes back to the school established by ex-RSAS squadie David Scott-Donelan. Borrowed to use as a knife model name and to carry some of the gloss of Scott-Donelan's acheivements, the original version was similar to a Strider MT-L, with "Mantrack" stamped on it, and was strictly a Japanese dealers only item. It was sold with some swag, including an autograph from non-RSAS Mike Ajax. The next iteration looked more like a BN-SS, also a limited edition knife stamped Mantrack, and was also a JMO item. Because of the very close association of the now-appropriated term Mantrack with Mike Ajax, the Ajax model also became connected to the term. Then, when Mike Ajax became the force behind Mercworx designs, and morphed into Mike Grayman, the designs and name followed along. Any use of the original Strider design by Mike was completely with permission and blessing of Mick, a good friend to Mike.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think some of the stories that he told at the below presentation is what got people questioning his credentials.  GySgt Lakis was proven to be a fake too and was one of the people vouching for Mike when his credentials were being called into question in the big socnetcentral callout thread.  

Mick Strider also vouched for him (Mike Ajax) in the call out thread and then a few years later his real background came to light (no spec ops or combat experience and discharged from the Army early) and eventually Strider's partner too Duane Dwyer (Scout Sniper poser).

October 5, 2001 1400 - 1700

Base Theatre, Mainside, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, San Diego, CA

Join the Scout/Sniper Association members for an afternoon of educational and motivational talks and stories. Some of the most storied and well known USMC Snipers in the world will be here. Once the talks secure, we will then retire to the SNCO club next to the main gate to socialize. All the speakers as well as many experienced Snipers will be available to meet in person to chat with and ask questions. This will also be a continued time to meet with the vendors.

Our speakers include:
<snip>

Mike Ajax, former Rhodesian SAS, Bladed weapons and Mantracking instructor, regular guest speaker at 1 Mar Div S/S School

<snip>

GySgt. Gary Lakis USMCR, decorated Marine and former Special Operations Command Sniper with modern combat experience in Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo

<snip>

What's the fucking deal with these knife guys out and out lying about their military background? Both owners of Strider knives, Mick and Duane, and now I find out about "Mike" from Grayman. It's fucked up I tell you. What's more fucked up is people still buy their stuff.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
this has been with me for decades

http://i52.tinypic.com/29gbhug.jpg

Can you give some more details on this?

Bump.

Anyone have some info on this one?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#47]
A fighting knife should be a fixed blade around 4-6 inches max blade length anything more is akward in a fight I like rubberized grips anything slick will get lubed up with blood and can slip out of your hand. Stay away from serrated edges they tend to bind up on clothing and when cutting will rip and tear rather than slice. This means while it makes an ugly wound they tend to bleed less which is bad. Also you want something strong but not brittle a knife in a fight will have a lot of force on it and you want something that will bend and not break.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you give some more details on this?

Bump.

Anyone have some info on this one?

Looks like a Randall.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The knife guys must all sleep in on saturdays.

Or work.

Long WoW session after school got out last night.  They're still passed out at their mom's old sewing table face down in half a Totino's Pizza.

Sooo true...

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#50]
A good fixed blade?

This:

Gerber markII. The older ones used a high carbon alloy tool steel instead of stainless. Takes and holds a fine razor sharp edge with ease.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top