Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

that is one of the funniest IBTL

There is no reason we can't make it to 22 pages now.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

Well let's get it moving then!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

And just who the fuck are you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

I'm the freakin King.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

I'm the freakin King.

You are grin  
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

I'm the freakin King.

How you been since leaving Burger King.  I know, DADT
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll take a dozen little necks on the half shill.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The free market goes both ways. CTD had every right to raise their prices based on panic. I have the right never to buy from them again.

BIG +1
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The free market goes both ways. CTD had every right to raise their prices based on panic. I have the right never to buy from them again.

BIG +1

And I have the right to not give a shit about either, correct?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG +1

Then why contribute! +1 to Dport.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIG +1

You most certainly do have the right not to give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIG +1

You most certainly do have the right not to give a shit.

Funny thing is, I gave a shit half an hour ago and had a beer afterward. ZING!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
and I thought this thing is dead

guess not

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

I'm the freakin King.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

lawlz

BigDozer66

I'm the freakin King.

http://www.shoopthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/burger-king-mcdonalds-kfc-reservoir.gif

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/3204257swsw.gif

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this a +1 Thread?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is this a +1 Thread?

It is now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a +1 Thread?

It is now.

Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
More on shipping. I swear I’ve been working on this post for about an hour, this is the sort of info I want to pass on to Arfcom.

Obviously shipping costs are beyond my control, but like I’ve said, it's something we do talk about here all the time. It's a constant worry. Honestly it is a constant worry, mostly not on how can we make it cheaper now, but how can we prevent it from going up in the future in case the economy does what we think it's going to do.

But there is one trick that you can use to minimize shipping costs.  Let me first explain the company’s organizational setup.  Right now we have three "Warehouses" in our system, A, B, and C.  Warehouse A is right here in Fort Worth, where I work, and is a big  CTD owned and operated warehouse with guys in the back moving around forklifts full of ammo pallets (I never get tired of gawking at pallets of 7.62 NATO in battlepacks).  Warehouse B and C are pseudonyms for major distributors (and I don't think I'm authorized to say who they are) who are listing their inventory as ours on our website.  Before the end of the year, we will have a Warehouse D, which will be another, HUGE distributor, and will also be listing all their inventory (55,000 additional items just in the first whack) on our website, as ours.  

When you order from Warehouse A, you pay the shipping that we have arranged with Fedex because they are cheapest to send literally tons of stuff every day from this location.  When you order from B or C, you pay the shipping that the distributors make us pay.  They won't sell to the public, we do, that's why we have this arrangement, but whatever they charge us for the drop shipping is what we pay them and then pass on the cost to the consumer.  

NOW, here's the trick.  If you can place an order from just one "Warehouse", you save shipping costs.  Let's say I want some AR'15 stuff.  

I want an ERGO F93 “robot foot” stock. I actually just put a FDE version of this on my latest build and it's really nice. It's $153 and ships from Warehouse C, so it's drop shipping.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2EG4925-1.html

I will also order a single FDE 20 round Pmag. It's $12 and weighs almost nothing, right?  I just added it on for the lulz. Notice is also comes from Warehouse C.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGMPI217FDE-1.html

Here is my cart with estimated shipping to Warrensburg, Missouri:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SameWarehouse.jpg

Shipping comes out to $15.49 for a stock and a Pmag.

Then I notice, hey, this Ergo F93 stock is ten bucks cheaper, I’ll buy it instead!  But it drop ships from Warehouse B.  Notice the "more buying choices" line telling you that we have two distributors who are competing with each other on our website for this stock's pricing.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/76676-1.html

I recalculate the cart thinking I’m going to save $10 and:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DifferentWarehouses.jpg

Shipping for the same two items now comes to $26.44. I’ve actually cost myself more money by ordering the stock that is ten bucks cheaper, because it comes from a different warehouse and will come in a different package. I will get one package in the mail from Warehouse B with a stock and a whole different package from Warehouse C with just the Pmag in it and nothing else, because they are drop shipping from two different distributors.  This is just a simple example with only a couple of items, and it’s a bit of a worst case scenario, but if you ordered a third item and used the third warehouse (A), you would get a third package in the mail, instead of just putting the item in the same box with the other item from B or C. Shipping would be even worse.  

So that’s why consolidating your orders and ordering stuff from just one warehouse, when possible, will save you shipping costs.  That’s the best I can do for arfcom right now.

And this is why I will not buy anything from you.  Sorry, but I ain't interested in doing that much work.  I will simply find another outlet with a CHEAPER and easier shipping method, (i.e., one price).  Trying to play the game you've outlined above is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't give a shit what cheaper than dirt says I will never buy anything from them again.

Their capitalization on Obama's election is inexcusable and just saying they fired the guys that did it with no proof doesn't hold any water.

Fuck cheaper than dirt

Fuck Arock

and Fuck Obama

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't give a shit what cheaper than dirt says I will never buy anything from them again.
Their capitalization on Obama's election is inexcusable and just saying they fired the guys that did it with no proof doesn't hold any water.

Fuck cheaper than dirt
Fuck Arock
and Fuck Obama

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt
Fuck Arock
and Fuck Obama

+1

I think that may be taking things a little too far.

I am willing to forgive and forget!

Just as soon as they change the name to:

WE USED TO SELL STUFF CHEAPER THAN DIRT, BUT CAPITALIZED ON THE PANIC AND TURNED ON OUR CUSTOMERS

When that happens, all is forgiven!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt

Fuck Arock

and Fuck Obama

+1

WE USED TO SELL STUFF CHEAPER THAN DIRT, BUT CAPITALIZED ON THE PANIC AND TURNED ON OUT CUSTOMERS

I hold cheaper than dirt in the same regard as I hold the brady campaign to prevent gun violence.

They will lie, cheat, scam, promote panic and hysteria basically do anything to make a buck. Pure scum in my eyes.

At work I throw their catalogs away and advise less informed people about their post Obama election antics.

I would be ashamed to work there. It would compare it to working on Ted Kennedy's staff or maybe being Rosie O'Donnell's Gynecologists.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt
Fuck Arock
and Fuck Obama

Did the guy who made that ad get fired or what?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt
Fuck Arock
and Fuck Obama

+1

WE USED TO SELL STUFF CHEAPER THAN DIRT, BUT CAPITALIZED ON THE PANIC AND TURNED ON OUT CUSTOMERS

I hold cheaper than dirt in the same regard as I hold the brady campaign to prevent gun violence.

They will lie, cheat, scam, promote panic and hysteria basically do anything to make a buck. Pure scum in my eyes.

At work I throw their catalogs away and advise less informed people about their post Obama election antics.

I would be ashamed to work there. It would compare it to working on Ted Kennedy's staff or maybe being Rosie O'Donnell's Gynecologists.

Spelunking team?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt

Fuck Arock

and Fuck Obama

Did the guy who made that ad get fired or what?

It wasn't an ad it was a screen shot off their website. Some one added the rape phone number and the anal lube for customer service but the price is correct. This was the next day after the election so it's not like they got a new shipment of ammo and the price went up on it, it was them making money off of him winning the election and the gun banning panic that followed.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck cheaper than dirt
Fuck Arock
and Fuck Obama

+1

Damn.  And I thought I got all melodramatic.

Did one of their dirty-ass boxes fall on your puppy?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#40]
CTD lost my business years ago. Simply much better options out there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Reply number 551 has to chug a half gallon of WHOLE MILK on video.

ETA mathematical correctionization.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Well its not locked yet. How many bans have been handed out?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Reply number 551 has to chug a half gallon of WHOLE MILK on video.

ETA mathematical correctionization.

as long it is not a bag of milk I am okay with that
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#44]
good on CTD for braving the unwashed masses of GD
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#45]
ibtl
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Never have I seen a more wretched combination of fellatio and bitch slaps.

It's either "I love you, you love me, we're as close as close can be!" or "I'm going to return some video tapes".
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Are the shipping prices fixed yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Well its page 11 and no lock yet.  Something smells fishy!
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Its just advertising by CTD and should be moved to their forum.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Its just advertising by CTD and should be moved to their forum.

I think you are on to something

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top