User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yes, he is blind.
Yes, that means he was guided throughout the movie by the Hand of God.
Yes, that means that non-believers have a tough time figuring out this movie.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/6/2011 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you watch the movie a second time, while knowing he is blind, you will pick up on a lot of things that you didn't catch the first time around.

Great movie. It is one of my favorites.

Ima go pull it out of the rack and plug it in....good advice.

Hell I gotta stay up til atleast 4 am....not a bad way to spend 2 hours

Link Posted: 10/6/2011 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just watched it for the first time.  My question is was he blind or did he just know braile?

He just knew braile. Watch it again.

He was blind before he found the book
He was given the gift of sight at the Book Protection job offer
His sight was removed as he was dictating the words to the dude with the beard, the more he spoke, the less vision he had.

Not rocket surgery and I am an atheist.

Completely false. Watch it all again. He had to feel all around when looking for stuff. Sun had to wake him up when hitting his face. Had to kick steps and make clicking noises to find objects. VERY OBVIOUS HE WAS BLIND.

What does being an atheist have to do with anything? That's like saying I'm wearing a t shirt right now.

ELI WAS A BLIND WARRIOR IN THE BIBLE - WHY IS THIS SO HARD??

Perhaps he was working on old habits.  Also, he may have had sight only when needed like during a fight or shoot out.  I have a hard time understanding why it took him 30 years to walk across the US.  Maybe I missed something.

That was faith leading him. I totally understood why he walked...the of the line Houston said in the movie Alamo about the battlefield with no name.
In other words, he'll know where he needs to go when he gets there. yes I do believe in that I just lived it for 18 months
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Not blind. Killing the cat with his bow, shooting the M9, looking at the IPod when it was dead, not blind
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Stick to carntoons man.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If he was blind then who taught him braille? Did he learn it by fingering the signs on bathrooms, federal buildings and public libraries? And another thing, who is Eli and why did they write a book about him? Elijah was a prophet but this guy has to walk everywhere. I never saw a camel, a donkey or even a sway-backed mule anywhere in the movie. Also, if he was such a bad a$$ why was he carrying that bow made out of a canoe paddle, a G string from a Fender Stratocaster guitar and shooting arrows that were about as straight as a sidewinder snake's tail! He's got every cool firearm made except Arnold's mini-gun from Terminator 2 and no compound bow? Really, shooting a damn cat? Why not track a mountain lion or a grizzly bear and smack him up alongside the head with that damned big knife of his! Oh, no he's gotta gut shoot a skinny cat like he's some kind of great hunter! Amateur hour, my friends. Amateur hour. Next they'll make a movie called the Book of Fudd and some fool in a red plaid coat, a 30-30 Winchester, a Buck knife and a 2-wheel drive pickup truck with the "Back Off" mudflaps on it is going to scare the crap out of some Zombie horde that wants his Slim Jim's and the 12 pack of Diet Ice Tea he's got in the back. It will star Larry the Cable Guy and that fugly chick on ESPN that talks about NFL like she's a 5 year pro!

It was theorized that whatever caused the destruction also blinded him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
No shit he's blind
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just watched it for the first time.  My question is was he blind or did he just know braile?

He just knew braile. Watch it again.

He was blind before he found the book
He was given the gift of sight at the Book Protection job offer
His sight was removed as he was dictating the words to the dude with the beard, the more he spoke, the less vision he had.

Not rocket surgery and I am an atheist.

Correct, on all counts.

And the movie fucking sucked ballz.  Got to the end, "WTF lame."

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Search function.

How does a nonpaying member do a search?
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 Really, shooting a damn cat? Why not track a mountain lion or a grizzly bear and smack him up alongside the head with that damned big knife of his! Oh, no he's gotta gut shoot a skinny cat like he's some kind of great hunter! Amateur hour, my friends.  quote]

He did that because cats suck and one less is a good thing, even after SHTF.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He was blind, and guided by god.

I love that movie.

me too
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top