Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had the Razr. Now I have the iPhone. Prefer the iPhone.

REALLY???

Why??? Honestly why? Like paying more money for all your apps? Prefer 3g to 4g? Like a more breakable phone? Lack of external memory? Smaller screen? ect ect ect.... DONT GET THE APPLE MAINIA FOR AN INFERIOR PROUDUCT!??@?@?@

I really dont get it... LOVE my RAZR.. Want to throw my Ipad in the trash.

For me it seems more intuitive. Just all around easier to use, FOR ME. Personal taste and all that. Don't give a shit about 4G, don't notice the difference. I know someone with a Thunderbolt. He has to charge it 4 times a day, but it has 4G and a larger viewing screen. Does that make it better?

My iPhone screen actually "feels" bigger.  I really don't notice it to be slower.  Inferior?  Hardly.

Notice how the hardcore Apple bashers constantly reference move playing, "rooting," customizing, you name it.  If you want a phone that is also a hobby, I suppose Android is the way to go.  If you want a productivity enhancing tool, look no further than iOS.

I disagree with you there.  For what it is, for me at least, Android's integration of Google products is amazing for business stuff.  Where I work, we have emails forwarded to gmail and we use google talk a lot especially when I'm out of the office or in court.  Doing stuff in gmail, using google talk, creating/editing google calender appointments is much easier on Android than ios.  Not to mention, if I forget my USB drive, and need to move a file, I can just plug in my phone and drag/drop files, unlike iOS.  

Well, there you go.  I hate g-mail as well.

Every time I get a reply to en e-mail, it's listed as "me, first name of guy who replied."  I can never find shit.  Give me the last name of the person replying, thank you, and let me sort by it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.  What language was that?  Do you realize most people don't care?

I don't think I ever "controlled media" once on my phone, whatever that means.  I made phone calls, sent e-mails, sent texts, accessed dictionaries, searched for, entered and edited contacts.  All of that is easier on the iPhone.  Enjoy your multimedia hobby toy.

English.  If you have difficulty understanding what I wrote, then you ARE better on an iPhone.

As for all the stuff you mentioned that you do, I really REALLY fail to see how they are harder on an Android device and or easier on an iPhone. I've had both, and pretty much all of those functions are so similar as to be negligible in difference.  The one big difference I enjoy on Android is editing my contacts through my Gmail account, and having the changes automatically sync to my phone.  

Apple's address book is orders of magnitude easier to use than google contacts.  Maybe that's just for those of us who can't program the clocks on our VCRs or know what half of those things were you listed.  Like I said, I have hobbies.  I don't need a new one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have the razr. Wife has the iPhone. The difference in speed is just not even comparible.

She is always waiting on shit to load, maps to paint, etc. Betwen the dual core processor and 4g, this damn razr waits for nothing.

Nb

Look pretty damn comparable to me.  Skip to 6:50

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I ever "controlled media" once on my phone, whatever that means.  I made phone calls, sent e-mails, sent texts, accessed dictionaries, searched for, entered and edited contacts.  All of that is easier on the iPhone.  Enjoy your multimedia hobby toy.

English.  If you have difficulty understanding what I wrote, then you ARE better on an iPhone.

As for all the stuff you mentioned that you do, I really REALLY fail to see how they are harder on an Android device and or easier on an iPhone. I've had both, and pretty much all of those functions are so similar as to be negligible in difference.  The one big difference I enjoy on Android is editing my contacts through my Gmail account, and having the changes automatically sync to my phone.  

Apple's address book is orders of magnitude easier to use than google contacts.  Maybe that's just for those of us who can't program the clocks on our VCRs or know what half of those things were you listed.  Like I said, I have hobbies.  I don't need a new one.

My few recollections of contacts in iOS are less than stellar, but I got out before IOS4.  The complete lack of backing up contacts (which IIRC was later done through backing up via iTunes) was a serious weak point.  Though at the time, I had a MacBook, and was able to sync through iTunes.  I do recall THAT fucking up a few times.  

I'm unfamiliar with how it works now, but I do fail to understand how anyone could think that adding or editing contacts through Gmail is difficult.  I find it stupid simple.  

I also think you may not understand what "orders of magnitude" means.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as email.. I think blackberry is still the best... Although they are lacking on EVERYTHING else in this conversation and seriously losing marketshare...

To each his own but I really prefer android and not being locked down to Apple only formats and lack of external storage.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the razr. Wife has the iPhone. The difference in speed is just not even comparible.

She is always waiting on shit to load, maps to paint, etc. Betwen the dual core processor and 4g, this damn razr waits for nothing.

Nb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHzqqxwLJQI

hmmm... google drops tests.... Iphone breaks from a one foot drop... You can throw the RAZR against a wall.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

hmmm... google drops tests.... Iphone breaks from a one foot drop... You can throw the RAZR against a wall.

Very cheap solutions for that:

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

YES skip to 6:50 they are both running on WIFI!!!! NOT their networks! That is why they are running comprible speeds... Run them on their networks 4g vs 3g and the Droid will SMOKE the iphone.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My few recollections of contacts in iOS are less than stellar, but I got out before IOS4.  The complete lack of backing up contacts (which IIRC was later done through backing up via iTunes) was a serious weak point.  Though at the time, I had a MacBook, and was able to sync through iTunes.  I do recall THAT fucking up a few times.  

I'm unfamiliar with how it works now, but I do fail to understand how anyone could think that adding or editing contacts through Gmail is difficult.  I find it stupid simple.  

I spent the better part of the summer trying to unfuck Google contacts and make it work for me.  It was a major productivity and accountability drain.  I tried 3 or 4 aftermarket apps, all highly recommended.

I have always synched contacts Apple Address book contacts to an iPod touch since those came out - using iTunes.  I had honestly assumed Google would be easier or just as easy.  I took the phone into numerous stores, posted in numerous tech threads on the net - was always a huge pain in the ass to figure anything out.

Don't even get me started on the hardware, and the phone whose screen would lock up whenever it was plugged in, the alarm clocks that would never work right, the phantom dialing, etc.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_dXTzEAmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE78FaWO6M&feature=related

Like I said... to each his own... Put a fat ass case on an already thick and heavy iphone if you want to.. It is still thicker and heavier AND SLOWER and more restricted than my Droid.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Much rather have the glass phone then that cheap plastic android crap.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_dXTzEAmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE78FaWO6M&feature=related

Like I said... to each his own... Put a fat ass case on an already thick and heavy iphone if you want to.. It is still thicker and heavier AND SLOWER and more restricted than my Droid.

LOL did you even watch the vids?  How is a screen protector a fat case?
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent the better part of the summer trying to unfuck Google contacts and make it work for me.  It was a major productivity and accountability drain.  I tried 3 or 4 aftermarket apps, all highly recommended.

I have always synched contacts Apple Address book contacts to an iPod touch since those came out - using iTunes.  I had honestly assumed Google would be easier or just as easy.  I took the phone into numerous stores, posted in numerous tech threads on the net - was always a huge pain in the ass to figure anything out.

Don't even get me started on the hardware, and the phone whose screen would lock up whenever it was plugged in, the alarm clocks that would never work right, the phantom dialing, etc.

Never had any of those problems and i am on my 4th android phone.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never had any of those problems and i am on my 4th android phone.

Must just be cuz I'm retarded, like to carry "bricks" around with me and can't fathom what people are trying to download that is so important when not near wifi.  Maybe I will get embarrassed because I don't get the stupid joke when my friends in the car do, or don't get the memo about the flashmob time changing?  That's what I gather from the commercials, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah... Steel frame... Gorilla glas and kevlar... You can call it cheap plastic if you want...  I think you are just jealous.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

YES skip to 6:50 they are both running on WIFI!!!! NOT their networks! That is why they are running comprible speeds... Run them on their networks 4g vs 3g and the Droid will SMOKE the iphone.

Cant find a razr vs iphone 4s vid but the 4s will run agains 4G anyday on ATT network:

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I can say enough.... TO EACH HIS OWN...

Bohr_Adam it you love your iphone then more power to you... if it works for you then that is great. I think MILLIONS of people would agree with you. It is obviously a great product.

Its just not for me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... Steel frame... Gorilla glas and kevlar... You can call it cheap plastic if you want...  I think you are just jealous.

I am jealous of the big screen but it really does feel like crap scrolling vs the glass iphone screen.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

Cant find a razr vs iphone 4s vid but the 4s will run agains 4G anyday on ATT network:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEC_Y5v3Zw&feature=player_embedded

That me be true (not sure) But ATTs network is dogshit... Lets see on Verizon... I am in the EMS industry... We build both of these.. Any 4G Verizon phone SMOKES a 3G iphone... This wont be the case with the iphone 5 however... But I will still prefer Android because of Apples limitations.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

I figured I would get a reply like this, and sure, that's fine, a youtube video.

But heres the thing. I live with both daily, like, in reality, so are you going to convince me of anything with a youtube video?

TODAY - Driving down the street, I'm asking the wife where the nearest Petco is. She is using her google map to find the nearest one, which is taking for-god-damn-ever to paint the map out.The push pin is sitting in the middle of a blank screen, while it trys to download the map around it.

I'm driving in circles (stalling) in a neighborhood while she fights with this. It eventually gets to the point where I pull over, take my razr out of my pocket, google petco, instantly load it on my map, and pull back out into the street.

This is not a one-time occurence for us. Shit happens all the time. So tell me, what do you think carrys more weight for me personally? Some random guy on youtube, or sitting in the Jeep with my wife today?

NB

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am jealous of the big screen but it really does feel like crap scrolling vs the glass iphone screen.

RAZR screen is glass... (My company builds it)

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

"For dropped calls, something for which AT&T has been consistently criticized, Sprint comes out worst. Metrico claims Verizon experienced a 2.1% call failure rate while AT&T had 2.8% and Sprint was worst at 3.7%.

That me be true (not sure) But ATTs network is dogshit... Lets see on Verizon... I am in the EMS industry... We build both of these.. Any 4G Verizon phone SMOKES a 3G iphone... This wont be the case with the iphone 5 however... But I will still prefer Android because of Apples limitations.

I hear that all the time but its great ATT network is great in my error and so is Verizons, sprint is total crap.  

and this study was done with iphones only shows that ATT isnt so bad:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9221960/iPhone_4S_data_speeds_Web_browsing_fastest_on_AT_T_test_shows

"For dropped calls, something for which AT&T has been consistently criticized, Sprint comes out worst. Metrico claims Verizon experienced a 2.1% call failure rate while AT&T had 2.8% and Sprint was worst at 3.7%."
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

Are you saying a 3g device can keep up with a device on a 20mbps 4g network?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Interesting analogy...except...that "The Homer" was everything Homer WANTED in a car.  So to Homer...THAT was his dream car.  So indeed very similar to Android.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bohr_Adam it you love your iphone then more power to you... if it works for you then that is great. I think MILLIONS of people would agree with you. It is obviously a great product.

Its just not for me.

That's not what you said earlier in this thread...  

Quoted:
nice... honestly iphone folks are Obongo lovers... enough said. APPLE SUCKS ASS!

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nb

Are you saying a 3g device can keep up with a device on a 20mbps 4g network?  

Not quite but the iphone 4s has reached speeds of 14.4 not exactly slow and really in real life scenarios unless your downloading big files which most people dont on phones or you put them side x side you wont notice a difference.  The 14.4 is only on ATT hspda 3G+ network the iphone will get half the speeds on Verizon's 3G.  Its not the iphons fault that Verizons and Sprints 3G networks suck.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I gotta throw a vote in for the Galaxy Nexus.  That thing looks like a monster!  

Check out the Rezound too.  2 friends have them, love them.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just not for me.

Quoted:
nice... honestly iphone folks are Obongo lovers... enough said. APPLE SUCKS ASS!

Nice! I think it sucks ass but some people must love it because so many damn people have it!!!

But when I picture Apple users I picture some coffee shop in SanFransisco with guys with goatees and hippie glasses, drinking some kind of Vegan latte, that voted for Obongo and drive Prius's.

Might as well just hand you guns over right?

Oh shit flame on.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just not for me.

Quoted:

Nice! I think it sucks ass but some people must love it because so many damn people have it!!!

But when I picture Apple users I picture some coffee shop in SanFransisco with guys with goatees that voted for Obongo.

It's pretty congruous to the "1911 vs. Glock" argument.  One is made by a fuck-load of different maufacturers and is a gun that can be customized to an art form, the other is only made by one manufacturer, and only has one button.  

The winner in the Droid vs iPhone battle is the consumer––both are awesome.  I love my iPhone, but might look at something different when my contract is up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just not for me.

Quoted:

But when I picture Apple users I picture some coffee shop in SanFransisco with guys with goatees that voted for Obongo.

It's pretty congruous to the "1911 vs. Glock" argument.  One is made by a fuck-load of different maufacturers and is a gun that can be customized to an art form, the other is only made by one manufacturer, and only has one button.  

The winner in the Droid vs iPhone battle is the consumer––both are awesome.  I love my iPhone, but might look at something different when my contract is up.

Damn good point... Spot on.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Ha ha... I have been drinking tonight (and dont think I havent been!)

My brother (who is in a fairly important position with Verizon but I wont say what) just messaged me to ask what I was doing.... I said "Oh just drinking and arguing iPhone vs Android on Arfcom...."

He said "thats weird" ( a shot at me, because it is weird to be arguing this at midnight on a GUN board ) He then said "Android will always win"

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just not for me.

Quoted:

That is an extremely good analogy - up to and including the insufferably attitudes of the 1911 crowd in dismissing the Glock, and the tool versus hobby aspect.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok, I'm debating on whether to get the RAZR or the Nexus.

Someone posted that Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" is a big upgrade...in what way?
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Iphone if you're unwilling or scared to root and ROM an android and make it awesome.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What would I get?  RAZR.  Hands down.  

Why?  I like an OS I can tweak to no end. I don't want cookie-cutter-sounds-and-looks-like-everyone-else.  

Get the RAZR, and then install Tasker.  Tasker makes a smartphone into a SMART phone.

What's it do?
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#37]
With iOS 5 and the 4S, the biggest advantage Android retains is the native navigation software.  It's really good.  You have to buy an app to get the same functionality on iOS.  Not an outright deal killer, but be aware.  (In the past, Verizon has crippled any navigation software that wasn't theirs.  Not sure if this affects Android.)

iOS 5 + 4S address the other major advantages Android had: better notifications and voice transcription.  Now, the iPhone is at least on par if not superior.

Mobile flash used to be something that everyone claimed made Android a superior platform.  Now that Adobe is killing mobile Flash, it's funny to see how quickly it became a non-issue for Android supporters.  "Oh, well, Flash isn't really important" vs earlier, where it was "ZOMG Android has FLASH Apple don't Apple u sux!"

4" v. 3.5" screen hasn't been an issue for me.  Between tap-to-zoom and the Reader feature in iOS Safari which reformats web pages as screen-optimized text, the screen size has been fine.

Customization?  There's plenty of customization for things that matter in daily use.

Speed?  If you're a Sprint or Verizon customer, Android phones will be faster via mobile, and no difference via wifi.  If you're an AT&T customer, the experience will be about the same on mobile and wifi between phones.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't use my phone for work other than really checking emails, so that leaves really only web browsing on my phone while traveling as the main reason other than phone calls.

The larger screen of my Samsung Galaxy SII was the deal maker for me.  IMHO, the larger and better looking screen, along with the lighter and slimmer overall package are great.  I'm still getting used to Andriod after years of iOS.

I wish I was more of a tinkerer because I'm sure I'd be able to personalize the Android to my liking.  I just kind of charged it up, and began using it, and for a person like me, the iPhone is the best - but I would have all the benefits I listed above.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Are you talking about the screens? Many Android-based phones have Gorilla glass. My Motorola does.

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
With iOS 5 and the 4S, the biggest advantage Android retains is the native navigation software.  It's really good.  You have to buy an app to get the same functionality on iOS.  Not an outright deal killer, but be aware.  (In the past, Verizon has crippled any navigation software that wasn't theirs.  Not sure if this affects Android.)

iOS 5 + 4S address the other major advantages Android had: better notifications and voice transcription.  Now, the iPhone is at least on par if not superior.

Mobile flash used to be something that everyone claimed made Android a superior platform.  Now that Adobe is killing mobile Flash, it's funny to see how quickly it became a non-issue for Android supporters.  "Oh, well, Flash isn't really important" vs earlier, where it was "ZOMG Android has FLASH Apple don't Apple u sux!"

4" v. 3.5" screen hasn't been an issue for me.  Between tap-to-zoom and the Reader feature in iOS Safari which reformats web pages as screen-optimized text, the screen size has been fine.

Customization?  There's plenty of customization for things that matter in daily use.

Speed?  If you're a Sprint or Verizon customer, Android phones will be faster via mobile, and no difference via wifi.  If you're an AT&T customer, the experience will be about the same on mobile and wifi between phones.

Android on verizon has full google turn by turn navigation and maps.

Flash is nice to have when browsing sites that use flash.

4.3 and 4.5 in screens are great.

Verizon is adding about 15 cities a month to its 4G network.  I think At&t is finally up to 15 total.

I love the integration with google and pretty much what everyone else said.  I keep a shared google calendar with all our appointments,  kids sporting events etc.  ...easily supported and viewed on my phone and my wife's.  Google maps and nav are great.  

I have the DROID bionic.

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Someone posted that Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" is a big upgrade...in what way?

thats my question right now to, which one. friend and his wife both got razr's. his wife wanted an iphone but after trying the razr at the store went with it.  the 4.0 is the newest software. just hope the nexus comes out soon or i will get the razr.

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#43]

If you're describing the OEM mess that many phone companies hand to you, it's a good point. It's also a good point when comparing Apple computers to OEM bundles on Windows.
However, with 10 minutes of your time you can have an Android phone running whatever the fuck you want - in most cases a much faster, more stable and slicker OS. You can't do that to the Iphone. Then, you can't add more memory to your iphone, or swap the battery out quickly on the fly, or run as many apps or utilities, or easily use the phone and its memory as mass-storage, or....well you get the idea. Plus, and this goes back early in the days of Apple Vs. everything else comparison, people compare an Iphone to Androids as if there's only one of each. There are probably close to 100 android phones on the market. How many Iphones? It's grossly simplistic to compare hardware when that's the case.
If you just take what you're given, the Apple is great. If you don't mind paying a lot, and fear looking behind the curtain, it's a solid choice.
Rooting and installing a new ROM on an android is a simple, painless procedure. When I meet people who haven't done it and curse their Android I have to wonder if they're stupid or lazy. Took me less than a half hour to read the directions, install 2 small files, and run them. Viola.
Then, with another 5 minutes you can back it all up and have it easily and completely reversible so that there is no fears of warranty issues or anything of the sort. You can un-root and put it back to OEM state simply.
I wonder how many people with strong opinions about the Android phones even attempted to make their phone better...or just took what they were given and bumbled around with it? Probably all of them...then they defended themselves with the only excuse they had "I shouldn't have to tinker with it". Yeah, well, you shouldn't have to put oil in your car or tell your wife she looks nice either but both make your life easier. Lazy and/or stupid. Because the only thing stopping you once you have an Android in your hand is reading 10 minutes of directions, installing a file or two, and having a new phone.

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#44]
So far I like the iPhone 4s I got.  Wife is moving to one today.  Figured out the iCloud stuff mostly

I did like the screen on my nephew's Samsung, a bit bigger.  IPhone camera was surprisingly good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Never owned an iphone, I loathe ipods due to itunes.  I currently own an Evo 4G on Sprint.

I'm about due for a new phone, the touchcsreen on my evo is getting really flaky, and now spinrt offers the iphone 4s IIRC.  I looked at a coworkers thursday and it seemed like a nice phone, and I;m thinking about picking one up.

The only things I do are calls, texts, email, and web browsing.  I rarely use it for slacker or pandora when I'm traveling.  If this is all I do will I really be able to tell the difference between the new crop of phones?  For my limited use which would be best?  Which of these phones being discussed has the best battery life considering the type of usage I do? (My evo is horrible on battery life when surfing the web)

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I-stuff is currently a generation behind. They made some cool stuff, but now its over priced and outdated.

This pretty much are  the facts of the whole argument
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife just got an iPhone 4s.  I have an Evo.  Playing with her phone, it's a very nice little phone but I like mine better.  The Evo allows me to set any song file I want as a ringtone.  To do so on hers, I have to go through a convoluted process in iTunes and sync her phone to get it to work.  The Evo came with two free turn-by-turn GPS programs and I DLed another free.  Hers has none and the ones that are any good seem to cost a bit.  The Android market has a shitload of free apps that I use all the time.  My screen is bigger, my camera is better.  I can expand my memory by buying a fairly cheap micro SD card.  I can change batteries without voiding the warranty.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just pick which hardware you like better. Both phones will have ICS by early 2012.

NB
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

My wife just got an iPhone 4s. I have an Evo.

my camera is better

really?

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Android on verizon has full google turn by turn navigation and maps.

Flash is nice to have when browsing sites that use flash.

4.3 and 4.5 in screens are great.

Verizon is adding about 15 cities a month to its 4G network.  I think At&t is finally up to 15 total.

I love the integration with google and pretty much what everyone else said.  I keep a shared google calendar with all our appointments,  kids sporting events etc.  ...easily supported and viewed on my phone and my wife's.  Google maps and nav are great.  

I have the DROID bionic.

Adobe has dropped development of mobile Flash, so don't count on it for the future.

Glad to hear Verizon didn't cripple Google navigation!  It's really good.

Next year will be a great year for Verizon and Apple.  I expect the iPad and iPhone will both support LTE next year.  AT&T will need to work hard to make sure their network is competitive.  Even HSDPA can match real world LTE results, but AT&T's HSDPA network isn't near where it could be.  Still, it's been fast enough for my needs.

Sprint is having serious iPhone data speed issues from what I've read.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top