Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Probably because black culture has exponentially rewarded/promoted criminal behavior over the last 10 25 - 30 years.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohh, oh, I know! I know! Pick me!

Yes, Skillshot? You have something to add?

It's the white's fault. We make the poorer black man feel inferior and he is forced to express himself by rebelling against white society and its laws. If we can bring equality to society, we can right many of the wrongs of the past. The best way to start would be a flat tax of 50% on all white wealth to be spread around to the blacks. I think everyone would be better off that way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably because black culture has exponentially rewarded/promoted criminal behavior over the last 10 25 - 30 years.

Fixed it for you.

No, you are absolutely correct....I was just trying to parallel the thread topic.  But I agree completely.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
What a waste of money.

I will tell them exactly what's going on for free.

It all revolves around culture.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Well OP, look on the bright side.  You're crime indexes are down

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2011001/article/11523/c-g/desc/desc02-eng.htm

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What a waste of money.

What changed in the last 10 years?
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Because they put the third one in jail?
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I had relatives in Nova Scotia.Real salt of the earth folks.
When talk of race came up though you would have thought you were in the old south.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Half of the Africans in our town are Doctors. Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bill Cosby tried explaining it to them, but they didn't want to hear it. It's not the color, it's the culture.

Yeah... Gotta agree.
Most of our black inmates are fucked up gangsta types... Stupid as can be.
For all the whining they do about being discriminated against they're the ones who act out in the most racist ways.
They try to cordon off areas as "blacks only" or they gang up on whitey for all sorts of stoopid shit.
It's funny how the black inmates think they gave or try to have some sort of connection or advanced status with our black officers..
Big surprise when they find out they don't. Lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Happened to see a fb friend commenting on one of her fb friend's posts about calling cops on this local father....

He posted this pic, as typical discipline and did not see what the outrage & reporting to police was about...

I'm wondering if it's just a cultural difference that I don't understand fully.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a waste of money.

What changed in the last 10 years?

Increased acceptance of that behavior by the culture as well as increased population due to "welfare culture"....coupled with the economy sucking balls.  It adds up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Happened to see a fb friend commenting on one of her fb friend's posts about calling cops on this local father....

He posted this pic, as typical discipline and did not see what the outrage & reporting to police was about...

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd407/BigIron-TheRocket/330947_307163849323973_100000910807859_930237_1605846468_o.jpg

Wow, someone posted that?

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a theory.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a few things, these days culture is reason #1 why work hard when kids are making 1k a day selling dope? Or a former drug dealer is at the top of the pop charts. #2 Most countries are not getting the cream of the crop. I am all for helping people but some of the folks come from wars and did things in them that make ours look like candy land. Folks have got to start fixing their own countries. North America has to raise the bar for immigration.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Have ya'll had a lot of immigration?

True fact:  The #1 flight from Mexico City to any destination in the world the last few years has been Calgary, AB.  

They board the plane going on a "vacation" and claim "amnesty" or "political persecution" when they get here.  

Well, that doesn't answer our original question.  Do ya'll get a lot of Somalians doing the same thing?

Yeah, you bet.

Canada tends to take in anyone that "flees" a country in which they "may face persecution".

Allot of Middle East (Egypt, Lebanon), Africans (Somalis in particular), and Asians.

Our pacific seaboard is basically owned by rich Chinese. The middle of the country is owned by whites/natives and the East coast is a bunch of saltwater Hutterites.    

Interesting. I recently read a piece that stated the chicom economy was unstable and might implode. There was a man who had married a chinese woman and had lived there for some years. He said china was like living in a two door house. The front door was for visitors and you greeted them with a smile and some chitchat. The back door was for friends and relatives and there you got down to brass tacks. Westerners including diplomats and government types, came, entered the "front door", stayed a short time and left thinking they had gained insight into china.

He then said that every rich chicom had an exit strategy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd407/BigIron-TheRocket/330947_307163849323973_100000910807859_930237_1605846468_o.jpg

Yeah that's fucked up. I mean really, really, really fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#19]
At least in the US I blame LBJ and his ' war on poverty ' for destroying the black nuclear family. Spill over across the border perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 2:57:34 AM EDT
[#20]
It's a mystery. Better call Scooby Doo!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ohh, oh, I know! I know! Pick me!

Yes, Skillshot? You have something to add?

It's the white's liberals fault. We make the poorer black man feel inferior and he is forced to express himself by rebelling against white society and its laws. If we can bring equality to society, we can right many of the wrongs of the past. The best way to start would be a flat tax of 50% on all white wealth to be spread around to the blacks. I think everyone would be better off that way.

Fixed it for you. And yes I do believe that the problems of the black community have been a direct result of democrat policies since after the civil war, accelerated in the 60s with LBJ.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
At least in the US I blame LBJ and his ' war on poverty ' for destroying the black nuclear family. Spill over across the border perhaps?

Probably mostly immigrants/refugees which haven't integrated successfully into Western society.  Large enough groups of people of similar origin will group together, and don't need to make new relationships with the existing community.  It's like a little pocket of a foreign country within a city.

Not a big deal when it's a pocket of Taiwan or Italy, but it's a major problem when it's a pocket of Somalia.

Weekends in Ottawa were always interesting...
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Canada To Study Why The Black Incarceration Rate Jumped 52% Over 10 Years

Divide by zero quest. Answer would be too controversial so you must ignore the elephant in the room.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:20:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:23:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Must be a lot of racists up in Canada.

first post!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Simple. You gotta do prison time to have street cred.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome to our world Canada.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Change in sentencing laws? Blacks used to get clobbered in ny because cocaine sales were by total weight so an ounce of crack was the same as an ounce of pure cocaine and crack was more prevalent in black areas. So small time black crack dealers got sentenced like they were Scarface.

Blacks and Hispanics were still way over represented in the state prison system before crack anyways.

I know this is ignorant as fuck but seriously, they probably did something else besides selling small amounts of crack to deserve their draconian sentence.

No they didnt, I grew on long island NY, I went to school with kids that got first offense crack charges and got the book and the gavel thrown at them like they were king pins, its because they were black, sorry, racism does exist, I am not saying anyone HERE is racist, but it does lurk, a caucasin male could get 5 to 10 for some crack rock, leroy and them...... they getting 20!

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks more like, daddy doesn't want to have a bad trip, so he ties up the kid(s) so they can't bother him while hes smoke/ingesting his drug of choice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

True fact:  The #1 flight from Mexico City to any destination in the world the last few years has been Calgary, AB.  

They board the plane going on a "vacation" and claim "amnesty" or "political persecution" when they get here.  

Well, that doesn't answer our original question.  Do ya'll get a lot of Somalians doing the same thing?

Yeah, you bet.

Canada tends to take in anyone that "flees" a country in which they "may face persecution".

Allot of Middle East (Egypt, Lebanon), Africans (Somalis in particular), and Asians.

Our pacific seaboard is basically owned by rich Chinese.  The middle of the country is owned by whites/natives and the East coast is a bunch of saltwater Hutterites.  

Not so, my Alberta Redneck friend
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Change in sentencing laws? Blacks used to get clobbered in ny because cocaine sales were by total weight so an ounce of crack was the same as an ounce of pure cocaine and crack was more prevalent in black areas. So small time black crack dealers got sentenced like they were Scarface.

Blacks and Hispanics were still way over represented in the state prison system before crack anyways.

I know this is ignorant as fuck but seriously, they probably did something else besides selling small amounts of crack to deserve their draconian sentence.

No they didnt, I grew on long island NY, I went to school with kids that got first offense crack charges and got the book and the gavel thrown at them like they were king pins, its because they were black, sorry, racism does exist, I am not saying anyone HERE is racist, but it does lurk, a caucasin male could get 5 to 10 for some crack rock, leroy and them...... they getting 20!

White's should get the books too.

That said, I'm sure your friends are no loss to society.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#32]
This is not politically correct to say...

African-American culture is broken.  Honest members of that race understand this, and are disgusted by it.

Values are not taught.  Material gain–– by any means–– is routinely taught by many.
The notion that if you need or want something, it is not wrong to TAKE it is routinely taught.
Morality is about what can be proven in a court of law, NOT whether or not it happened.
If you can say something is racist, you no longer have to defend your position, and you are automatically right, and the others' position is to be utterly ignored.

I teach middle school English in a 80% minority, rural, low-income school.
Because of the Anticipatory Sets of most of my literature lessons, I have had many hours of discussions with this community on EXACTLY what is being taught in the communities.

Unintended consequences?  I don't know.
Failure of parents?  Probably.  Most of my students do not even know their father.
Media teaching kids?  Without a doubt.

–– John
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a theory.

Me too. But I'm not posting it here.

-JC

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Same reason Jewish incarceration was up significantly in the 40's. Blame Canada!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually though, whitebread bought the rocks from leroy&co.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Because the Canadian  justice system "Only looks for and convicts blacks"

Obvious
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#37]
All it takes is to look at the civilizations of Africa and Europe throughout history to understand this.  There are still tribes living in huts and running around naked.

Quoted:

African-American culture is broken.  Honest members of that race understand this, and are disgusted by it.

Values are not taught.  Material gain–– by any means–– is routinely taught by many.
The notion that if you need or want something, it is not wrong to TAKE it is routinely taught.
Morality is about what can be proven in a court of law, NOT whether or not it happened.
If you can say something is racist, you no longer have to defend your position, and you are automatically right, and the others' position is to be utterly ignored.

Because of the Anticipatory Sets of most of my literature lessons, I have had many hours of discussions with this community on EXACTLY what is being taught in the communities.

Failure of parents?  Probably.  Most of my students do not even know their father.

–– John

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I have a theory.
Hmmmm....... Me to........

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

White's should get the books too.

That said, I'm sure your friends are no loss to society.

They sure aint, some of them boys dead now messing around in them streets

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually though, whitebread bought the rocks from leroy&co.

Leroy and them gots to eat to man!

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a theory.
Hmmmm....... Me to........

Me three.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't know that black Canadian culture is the same thing as black American culture. From what I can tell the black American culture is pretty unique to Americans. I've had a few friends who were black and from the Caribbean, and they absolutely did not fit in with American blacks at ALL.

My bet would be that the increase was due to foreigners, Somalis and Nigerians, in particular.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks more like, daddy doesn't want to have a bad trip, so he ties up the kid(s) so they can't bother him while hes smoke/ingesting his drug of choice.

At first, I thought my fb buddy was buddies w/ the poster, so I left a smart-ass comment.    Then realized it was a tree of people spreading the father's pic/profile/name around and calling local police & child services, etc.

I saved a snapshot of his page, it's as ghetto as you would imagine.

He had a poll on his page and all his new viewers were adding answers to his question "what's the freakiest thing you've ever done?"    They put some funny answers about turning him into police.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How much of an increase in black population has Canada had over the last ten years?

100%.  It went from 1 to 2.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you bet.

Our pacific seaboard is basically owned by rich Chinese.  The middle of the country is owned by whites/natives and the East coast is a bunch of saltwater Hutterites.  

Not so, my Alberta Redneck friend

Nah, I'm kidding.  

Hey, didn't you used to live in AB?  Maybe around the Fort Mac area?

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

–– John

Bingo.

It is a failure of parenting––particularly the fathers.  

Years ago, I was representing a young black woman.  She was in court accused of shoplifting.  I was talking with her in the courthouse hallway and she was there with her 2 year old son.  While we were talking, the toddler hauled off and slugged his mother in in the mouth with a perfectly timed punch.  And to my very great surprise, the woman did nothing.

When the boy tried to punch his mother a second time, I grabbed and held his fist and told him, "NO!"   I will never forget the absolute look of astonishment on the kid's face.  It was clear to me that he'd never had a man tell him, "no" before.

I am sure that the kid is now some other lawyer's client.  Or he might be a professional prize fighter by now.

Fluffy

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm not saying it was aliens... But it was aliens.

Really guys, end of page 2?
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#48]
They will study, massage the numbers to try and make it more PC, and come to the conclusion that whitey is to blame.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#49]

jezus. the comments on that article are worse than if it had been posted on the huffington post.

on guy actually says that there is an increase in black incarceration rates "because of handguns".

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you asking about the population increase of "black people" in Canada over the last 10 years, here it is:

The article states that the percentage of "black people" in Canada is 2.5% for the year 2011; the same percentage in 2006 and .3% higher than 10 years ago.

Black population by year
Year - Population - % of Canadian Population
662,200                       2.2
2006      783,7952.5

Wow, I honestly did not know it was that low. Seriously.

Uh, why not?
You ever try to grow cotton in British Columbia? Or sugar cane?
Not the same historical problems.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top