Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:03:00 AM EDT
I've become very comfortable with holstering this way in denim pants (shorts). Are there kindred spirits who like it in the front?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They make holsters for a reason.  You're either going to drop the piece in a public place or shoot your cock off.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
You said Mexican carry, then you said holstering, then I got confused.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Holsters, we no need no stinking holsters!
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Holsters exist for a reason. Buy one, and cease your faggotry.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They make holsters for a reason.  You're either going to drop the piece in a public place or shoot your cock off.

Yea, but if he shoots his cock off, think of all the money and hassels it will save him down the road.

Way to be proactive.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You said Mexican carry, then you said holstering, then I got confused.

This
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Denim shorts?

With work boots, perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Going to the mailbox, taking a bag of trash to the dumpster, answering the door,  sometimes Mexican carry. Most other times I use a holster.

Myself and two buddies were at Walmart getting supplies for a hunting trip and one of the guys, a police sergeant in real life, stuck his glock down the front of his waist band to go in the store. We were at the check out and he got this wierd look on his face and whispered that his gun just fell down his pants leg. There were a lot of WTF looks from other people in line as me and the other guy got the gun out of his pants leg from the bottom with out exposing it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Just to be clear, Mexican carry means carrying without a holster, and anyone who does it is a fucking moron.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I think perhaps the OP is confused and meant "appendix iwb" carry?

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#13]

And this is why we read articles about people shooting them self in the leg or shooting a toilet.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Going to the mailbox, taking a bag of trash to the dumpster, answering the door,  sometimes Mexican carry. Most other times I use a holster.

Myself and two buddies were at Walmart getting supplies for a hunting trip and one of the guys, a police sergeant in real life, stuck his glock down the front of his waist band to go in the store. We were at the check out and he got this wierd look on his face and whispered that his gun just fell down his pants leg. There were a lot of WTF looks from other people in line as me and the other guy got the gun out of his pants leg from the bottom with out exposing it.

Your friend is a special kind of idiot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Denim shorts?

And calf length white socks.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully OP is referring to appendix carry, which works very well with a good holster.  I often carry a J frame snubby that way.

"Mexican" carry without a holster is a good way to shoot yourself in the balls or femoral artery.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I use one of these fairly often.

Raven

I suggest you get one, before you shoot your cock off.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I think maybe OP means "Appendix Carry". If that's what you mean, then yes, I AIWB. But I always cover the trigger guard area with a holster and it attaches to my belt to keep it in place. Gun is a J-Frame.

-JC
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've become very comfortable with holstering this way in denim pants (shorts). Are there kindred spirits who like it in the front?

Go ahead and email Striker w/ the paypal account you'd like to use for your legal defense/widow/orphan fund.  It will save some time later.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Depends on the gun.

1911?  No way.  Too heavy.

Sig 225?  Sure.  I've never owned a carry holster for it and carried it that way for years without incident.  Right over my buttcheek.

Only problem has been sweat and surface rust.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#21]
AIWB is a good way to carry.

Mexican carry is idiotic.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Zack holsters just cover the trigger guard of some popular pistols, and have a string that keeps the holster/gun near your belt.

Honest! Google it, and live!
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I have no idea why it's called Mexican  carry, just about  everyone I've seen doing it is a stupid white boy.

Maybe the fat rolls act like a  holster?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I do it very often.

I'm trying to use a trigger guard holster as much as possible though.

One of these deals here...

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#25]

No way man I'm totally not okay with jorts,

P.S. are they cut off jorts? are you daisy duke? This is really the only acceptable reason to wear jorts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

AIWB is a good way to carry.

Mexican carry is idiotic.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I like my junk where it is.... Low and to the right, and still attached
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#29]
In the medical community it is known as Urban Castration Syndrome, noted in the 80's for prevalenceof gansters shooting themselves when carring in front of pants sans holster. Don't know if it is contributing factor to blading at 45.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#30]
A friend of mine used to exclusively carry Mexican style. He always gave me hell for using a holster. This all changed one day when we were in the checkout line at Safeway and his Beretta 92FS made its way south, down the leg of his shorts, and clattered on the floor. Talk about awkward.

EZ
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Holy crap, if I cover up his head I could mistake him for my father on vacation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, but if he shoots his cock off, think of all the money and hassels it will save him us down the road.

Way to be proactive.

Fire off a few rounds and then "holster" your weapon. You'll figure out real quick why people use holsters.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Denim shorts?

Maybe a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off, tied in the front?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#34]
hmmm....let me get on this logic train.....

- You carry a pistol occasionally stuck in your waist band because you believe that you might need it. Needing a pistol (or any weapon) indicates that you believe you may have to defend yourself or in other words fight.

- The fact that you don't "know" that you'll fight would by definition mean that said fight will be a surprise. If said fight is a surprise then one could reasonably assume that you don't know exactly what or whom you'll be fighting. or where....or when....

- The fact that you have no idea whom you'll be fighting would then indicate that you may not or more accurately, will not be fighting from the static, in that agility and speed lend them self well to surviving a lethal engagement. Get off the "X" logic....  So we have to assume that you'll maneuver, side step, attack, etc...with lethal speed to defend yourself. The gun may not yet be part of the equation.

- The other truth to be considered is that a pistol is an adjunct to the man and the man (you) does the fighting not the pistol.

- Our journey now leads us to the eternal question....can you fight with agility and speed with a pistol stuck in your waist band?  Can you you parry a surprise "bum rush" or attack and still maintain possession of the pistol?  Can you wing-chun your way out of a wrestling match, create a gap and then bring the weapon to bear with a pistol jammed into your waist band?

So...I've now convinced myself....you should be wearing a holster.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denim shorts?

Maybe a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off, tied in the front?

And one of these

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
hmmm....let me get on this logic train.....

- You carry a pistol occasionally stuck in your waist band because you believe that you might need it. Needing a pistol (or any weapon) indicates that you believe you may have to defend yourself or in other words fight.

- The fact that you don't "know" that you'll fight would by definition mean that said fight will be a surprise. If said fight is a surprise then one could reasonably assume that you don't know exactly what or whom you'll be fighting. or where....or when....

- The fact that you have no idea whom you'll be fighting would then indicate that you may not or more accurately, will not be fighting from the static, in that agility and speed lend them self well to surviving a lethal engagement. Get off the "X" logic....  So we have to assume that you'll maneuver, side step, attack, etc...with lethal speed to defend yourself. The gun may not yet be part of the equation.

- The other truth to be considered is that a pistol is an adjunct to the man and the man (you) does the fighting not the pistol.

- Our journey now leads us to the eternal question....can you fight with agility and speed with a pistol stuck in your waist band?  Can you you parry a surprise "bum rush" or attack and still maintain possession of the pistol?  Can you wing-chun your way out of a wrestling match, create a gap and then bring the weapon to bear with a pistol jammed into your waist band?

So...I've now convinced myself....you should be wearing a holster.

Actually, by that logic, you should be open-carrying in a holster at all times.

That said, I've tried carry in a holster.  With my particular gun and the way I carry it, there is little or no speed difference.  If there is no great advantage in speed for me, why should I shell out more money for a holster?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#38]
My buddy uses on of these....Clipdraw in the front of his pants.  He swears it's the greatest thing ever.  I told him he's an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#39]
In before "System Message: OP is retarded"?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What could possibly go wrong?

He was not professional enough to carry a Glock Foty, apparently. That isn't necessarily the fault of not wearing a holster.

And anyways, it doesn't say anything about Mexican-carry.  It indicates he might have been carrying it in his pocket.  Which sounds pretty dumb for a fairly sizable gun like that, but I wouldn't bat an eye at with other, smaller guns.

Method of carry is highly dependent on what you carry.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#42]
You'll shoot your cock off, Kid.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I do it sometimes. It's fun. But the downside is no round in the chamber.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do it sometimes. It's fun. But the downside is no round in the chamber.

You just have to carry something double action that requires hybrid gorilla-popeye forearms to fire the first round.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Best case you shoot your tip off.

More likely you hit your femoral and die before you can walk out of the room.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Denim shorts?

And we're OFF!

Hopefully NOT with the shorts...keep those on.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I carry in the 4 O' clock position so no cock blasting for me, but in the 12 years I have been carrying Messican, I have yet to have a problem.

folks in the gun community like to over think everything and are particularly prone to paranoid fantasies of disaster befalling them.

I will add though that in the last 6 months I have started carrying in an OWB holster because it's more comfortable to me.

fuck what the scard-y-cats think if they see it (I wear a cover shirt or jacket), and situational awareness is key to everything defense related.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Plaxico Burris fully supports the OP's fucktardedness.  

I have yet to ever hear of a single good reason to not carry in a holster.

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yeah, I do it very often.

I'm trying to use a trigger guard holster as much as possible though.

One of these deals here...

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You just have to carry something double action that requires hybrid gorilla-popeye forearms to fire the first round.

lol, yeah you've been shooting CZs it sounds like. After some practice the DA first shot is no problem.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top