Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2011 7:59:41 PM EDT
Just saw an old Eastwood movie that showed him die in the end, and combined with the newer one that seems to be high on ARFCOM's favorites list it makes two movies I can think of that he dies in, just wondering if there are more(maybe some of his old Westerns)? Hopefully I have typed enough to avoid showing titles for people who hover over the title and see the first couple sentences-don't want to ruin movies for people who don't click in. The movies I'm talking about are The Beguiled(Wierd, fucked up movie) and, of course Gran Torino. Any more?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What was the one where he died at the end?

EDIT

Beguilded , Honky Tonk Man, and Gran Torino
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What was the one where he died at the end?

The Beguiled. It's a fucked up movie that came in a boxed set my wife gave me for Christmas(also had Play Misty For Me, Coogan's Bluff and The Eiger Sanction). Almost edges into the psychological horror category.
ETA-I see you edited while I was typing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
He was dead the entire time in Pale Rider.  Like that kid from that Bruce Willis movie.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He was dead the entire time in Pale Rider.  Like that kid from that Bruce Willis movie.
The kid was alive and Bruce was dead.

CW

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to have to rematch the movie now, evidently I wasn't paying attention if he was dead the whole time. (not being a wiseass here).

ETA: talkin bout Pale Rider
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to have to rematch the movie now, evidently I wasn't paying attention if he was dead the whole time. (not being a wiseass here).

I'm really drunk, just let it go man

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you guys might be thinking of High plains drifter
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really drunk, just let it go man

I think he was dead the entire time, too. I'm not drunk.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
High Plains Drifter he is already dead...
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's wrong.  In Pale Ride he played the Preacher.  It was High Plains Drifter, but according to an early script of the movie Eastwood played the brother of Marshall Duncan, not his ghost.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are.

Was he the soul f the guy who was whipped to death?

Woops. Beaten to it...
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are.

Was he the soul f the guy who was whipped to death?

Woops. Beaten to it...
Yea at the end the lady is at a grave of the sheriff and she says "I dont even know your name" and Clint says "yes you do" and then they show the name on the grave

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's wrong.  In Pale Ride he played the Preacher.  It was High Plains Drifter, but according to an early script of the movie Eastwood played the brother of Marshall Duncan, not his ghost.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Rider

In an audio interview, Clint Eastwood revealed that his character Preacher "is an out-and-out ghost".[2] But whereas High Plains Drifter resolves the supernatural story-line by means of a series of unfolding flash back narratives, Pale Rider does not include any such obvious clues to the nature and past of the 'Preacher'. One is left to draw one's own conclusions regarding the overall story line and its meaning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Rider

In an audio interview, Clint Eastwood revealed that his character Preacher "is an out-and-out ghost".[2] But whereas High Plains Drifter resolves the supernatural story-line by means of a series of unfolding flash back narratives, Pale Rider does not include any such obvious clues to the nature and past of the 'Preacher'. One is left to draw one's own conclusions regarding the overall story line and its meaning.

In vino veritas

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top