Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/6/2012 7:59:42 PM EDT
I guess I grew up old school because I see no reason any animals should be allowed in to any stores. Unless of course it is a service animal. I was in Lowes this afternoon and some guy and his wife had brought in their little yapper on a leash. Well as I came to the end of the isle they had their back to me looking at something on the shelf. I look down just as I pass the dog and it proceeds to piss directly on the corner of the cardboard end cap .

I said excuse me . They looked at me and I pointed at the piss puddle forming on the floor. I just kept on walking but I heard them scolding the dog as I walked away.

Sorry but I for one am sick of how our society has turned to a bunch of tards when it comes to animals. Keep the fuckers at home or in your car.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Petco is the only place it's acceptable to take a dog.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I agree!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even then, some people have no business taking a dog out in public. Much less own one.

Service dog or pet food run...know how to (and have trained) to handle your dog in public.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife takes me to the store once in a while...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Was that you today?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Tractor supply also. A lot of feed and grain places also think it's fine.

A well behaved pet is fine in most places.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I guess I grew up old school because I see no reason any animals should be allowed in to any stores. Unless of course it is a service animal. I was in Lowes this afternoon and some guy and his wife had brought in their little yapper on a leash. Well as I came to the end of the isle they had their back to me looking at something on the shelf. I look down just as I pass the dog and it proceeds to piss directly on the corner of the cardboard end cap .

I said excuse me . They looked at me and I pointed at the piss puddle forming on the floor. I just kept on walking but I heard them scolding the dog as I walked away.

Sorry but I for one am sick of how our society has turned to a bunch of tards when it comes to animals. Keep the fuckers at home or in your car.

I agree, and what the fuck is it with Loews and dog waste? I was in Loews last Monday and almost stepped in dog shit. What the fuck? Keep your fucking stupid dog at home.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This. I actually saw an attention whore with a minature pony in petsmart. A damn pony no shit. It was clip clopping around the store. I have no idea what she brought it there in. There were no horse trailers in the parking lot and the store was 50 miles from anything resembling horse country.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at Home Depot last night and saw two different couples with dogs there.  I don't get it either why some feel it's perfectly acceptable.

A couple of months ago while I was at the Post Office the clerk made a woman holding a lap dog take it outside.  When I left I noticed a 'no dog' sign on the door.  I was surprised that they actually enforced it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Personally I will only only take my pets to stores that allow them - mainly pet stores.
I understand that some people don't like, appreciate, or are even allergic to animals so I respect a businesses decision to keep animals out.
But I do respect and encourage store owners to openly accept and encourage assist animals.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. I actually saw an attention whore with a minature pony in petsmart. A damn pony no shit. It was clip clopping around the store. I have no idea what she brought it there in. There were no horse trailers in the parking lot and the store was 50 miles from anything resembling horse country.

Miniature horses actually make good service animals.  Serious.  Google it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tractor supply also. A lot of feed and grain places also think it's fine.

A well behaved pet is fine in most places.

Yep.
My old pooch was expected to walk in to the TSC, grain elevator feed store, tractor shop, and a couple gun shops with me.
Socializing some breeds requires periodic association with strangers outside of the home as well.

There is a limit though. Lowes or Wal-Mart and that sort of thing? Nope, I'll pass. Some dumbass might make a stupid move, and get rightfully bit, and the poor pooch will pay for doing his job.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess I'm really old school, and think that if you want to make the rules for a business, you should be its owner.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I guess I'm really old school, and think that if you want to make the rules for a business, you should be its owner.

There's an idea!

(AND I enjoy your avatar lots.)

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#15]
When I worked at a retail computer store, some asshole brought an English Bulldog in with him and walked straight to the service counter. The damn thing was slobbering everywhere (the friendliest dog I knew as a child was a bulldog, but damn do they drool!). He then preceded to argue with me and everyone else in the store (including the manager) that someone there had told him over the phone that we could perform a service we did not offer. After about 30 minutes of listening to his tardspeak, I asked him what store he thought he was in and he named the one across the street. When I pointed this out, he swore at us some more and left without an apology. He didn't even clean up the saliva that his dog left all over the floor.

The people that brought dogs in were almost always "not all there" mentally. Most of them were women in their early 20s who acted like they weren't doing anything unusual. The only exception I can remember was a Mexican guy with a tiny Chihuahua in his jacket pocket.

The owners never put up a "No Dogs" sign on any of their locations because they thought it would be common sense...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly think that is a huge part of why people take their pets in to any establishment .  They just seem to love it when someone pays attention to or asks a question about their pet. Very odd.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Black people ride their horses to the convenient store all the time here. They tie up on the poles out front and I have done it as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I've seen far more destruction and poor behavior from people's shitty little kids.

Dogs don't bother me. I've never seen one jump on a display BMX bike and tear through the isles.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I dunno, I kinda of dig it - around here is verydog friendly and I have been invited in with my dog (40lb. shep mix)
to shops that don't even outwardly permit dogs. She loves the attention, gets plenty of social experience (and treats!)

I enjoy her company, most people seem to brighten up upon seeing her cheery demeanor, and she's not doping around the house alone.
I trust her to behave appropriately and failure to do so results in equal discipline. So far, I have not had to go there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Around here, people take their dogs almost everywhere, except the grocery store and restaurants.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I have found that these are people who think their dogs are kids.  These are also the same people who, when in a group of people talking about their kids, pull out pictures of their dog and act like it's a human being.  A guy I work with is like this.  He talks to his wife on the phone every day and asks about "the little man" and asks if the dog misses him.  I also heard him telling another coworker that he needs to have a talk with his dog about maybe getting a little brother....  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've seen far more destruction and poor behavior from people's shitty little kids.

Dogs don't bother me. I've never seen one jump on a display BMX bike and tear through the isles.

QFTMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So is the leash she makes you wear metaphorical or real?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have found that these are people who think their dogs are kids.  These are also the same people who, when in a group of people talking about their kids, pull out pictures of their dog and act like it's a human being.  A guy I work with is like this.  He talks to his wife on the phone every day and asks about "the little man" and asks if the dog misses him.  I also heard him telling another coworker that he needs to have a talk with his dog about maybe getting a little brother....  

That's creepy fucking behavior, man. I was just having that same conversation with my son Bullet. That's him in my avatar picture.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw someone ride their horse to the mall once in the early 90's.  They tied it off up front and went inside to shop.  Never seen anything like it before or since.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ya this is what I started to bring into my OP but I did not want to create to much butthurt to those that partake in this inane behavior. I could go on and on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hell, the average dog listens and minds better than those kids.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I take my shepherd with me everywhere I go. She also comes in lots of places with me too. But she is old and very well behaved.

If I get any flack, I just tell them it's a service dog. IIRC, the 1968 american's with disability act says that it's illegal for the business to ask any additional questions once you tell them it's a service animal.  But I could be wrong on this part?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never had a problem taking my dog places. You just have to tell them to be on their best behavior.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#31]
my dog? no
Kids....only if I have to  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I've never had a problem taking my dog places. You just have to tell them to be on their best behavior.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2011/5/10/cbf222b7-cda4-4122-acf7-e202173e6f01_thumb.jpeg

http://cdniseagle07.edublogs.org/files/2010/03/capybara2-1.jpg

What round for capybara?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hospitals too.

My mom had a brown Dobie that was a therapy dog and allowed access to many places you normally wouldn't see a person with a dog.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny stuff.  I'm in the doctors office, waiting, and this older guy comes in with a fucking WOLF on a leash.  HUGE fucking wolf. While talking to the doc I mentioned the beautiful pelt that wolf would make.  He smiled and agreed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Who was the guy on here that used to put a service vest on his cat and pretend he was blind with his 'seeing eye cat'?

That was a riot!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Only to Bass Pro. They encourage it in Vegas and only there that he pees and shits every time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who was the guy on here that used to put a service vest on his cat and pretend he was blind with his 'seeing eye cat'?

That was a riot!

Piccolo
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

my wife works at a feed store and is allways telling me stories how jack asses bringing their dogs in and they piss and shit all over the store, bark uncontrollable. Dumb ass owners act like its acceptable and the leave without even cleaning it up. One stupid ass told my wife (assistant manager) that the MIN wage workers can clean it up. So she trespassed her ass.  Some people
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I only take the dog to Petco or Madigan's (a bar,) or G.B.'s (a restaurant.)  I will on occasion take her to Cooter Brown's* (another bar) if I am stopping by before they open (the owner loves dogs in general, and my dog in particular.)

ETA:  *Just as a meaningless aside, that's the bar seen in my avatar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#40]
The store I work at is pet friendly as long as they're on a leash. We let customers with pets outside know. We like selling stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes,my penis goes wherever I go
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Granted, I do live outside a small town in Texas. The guy that runs the hardware store keeps his dog behind the cash register. If I don't take my GSD with me around town people ask where he is.
The drive thru tellers at the bank give him treats and talk to him. Went to a shopping center in Plano once and as I was getting out of the truck a security guard pulls up and says I cannot leave my dog in the vehicle. It was not hot and would have been OK. I just said OK, I'll go somewhere else to spend my money and drove off.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Petco/Petsmart.

Sometimes I'll bring him into the cigar shop
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was in college there was this old guy you'd see from time to time near campus. He drove a blue 70's year model ford and he always had a Shetland pony in the cab with him and the horse rode with its head out the window.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dogs>people
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#47]
i take my dog to petsmart with me every time I go there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Petsmart and sometimes Home Depot.

My beagle rides in the cart at Home Depot, doesn't bother anyone.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do you take your dog to PetSmart?

Unless you're going there to have the dog groomed or use other on-site services.

You can't stop at other stores, do you just make a special trip?

I know it's allowed, I know you can, but I'm interested in what makes people take a special trip to PetSmart just so they can walk the dog around in the store.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I bring them to Petco/Petsmart sometimes.  Also Tractor Supply sometimes and Great Outdoor Provision Co.  I never assume that just because there is not a NO DOGS sign it's ok to bring them in.  I really only bring them in places that explicitly say PETS WELCOME.

Otherwise they stay in the car or at home.  I would bring them everywhere with me if it wasn't somewhat of a hassle being that I usually want to get in and get out as quick as possible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top