Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2012 4:29:17 AM EDT
Seems they want to get to know me.  Wonder how the conversation will go?  Just approach it as a friendly talk?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
um.... For your field? Or just random, probably Amway?

Watch out for your kidneys.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]
just remember, if they came to you without your applying to them, then YOU set the pay scale.  don't be too shy to crank that price up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember that sting where the FBI sent out things to fugitives saying they'd won a car?

Yup.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm assuming it's a job you're interested in, even though you hadn't applied for it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

just remember, if they came to you without your applying to them, then YOU set the pay scale.  don't be too shy to crank that price up.

Most decidedly this.

A company I don't work for but sometimes work with had a key guy leave a year or two back due to unhappiness with his job and the people he was working for.  After a couple of months they were begging him to come back.  They really were floundering without him.  I don't know what he demanded and what they agreed to, but when he came back, he was driving a new sports car and smiled every day.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It is in my field and within my "company" - just a different division.  A few higher ups have known for a while that I am interested in moving along to something more challenging.  So, no Amway, no worries about my kidneys, etc.  Just haven't had anything like this before.  11:00EST, I'll report back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most decidedly this.

A company I don't work for but sometimes work with had a key guy leave a year or two back due to unhappiness with his job and the people he was working for.  After a couple of months they were begging him to come back.  They really were floundering without him.  I don't know what he demanded and what they agreed to, but when he came back, he was driving a new sports car and smiled every day.

Same thing at my old company, they "strongly suggested" a guy retire before they had to lay him off. He did. Turns out he was the only one who knew how to do certain key processes correctly and efficiently. They ended up offering him a full time job as a "consultant" at ~2 times his original rate plus all benefits paid for by the company.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't looking for a job when I got this one. My ex sister in law worked at man power professional and couldn't find anybody qualified to come interview for a position. She needed to make quota so she called me and asked if I would do her a favor. Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened in my professional career. I am on the fast track to taking the company over now
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It is in my field and within my "company" - just a different division.  A few higher ups have known for a while that I am interested in moving along to something more challenging.  So, no Amway, no worries about my kidneys, etc.  Just haven't had anything like this before.  11:00EST, I'll report back.
You have arrived.  It's called "being in demand" and it's a rare commodity these days.  And apparently you work for a company that actually pays attention to the people they have working for them.  That's even more rare.

Can't wait to hear your AAR.  

Tag, you're it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You have arrived.  It's called "being in demand" and it's a rare commodity these days.  And apparently you work for a company that actually pays attention to the people they have working for them.  That's even more rare.

Can't wait to hear your AAR.  

Tag, you're it.

What Jeepinstein said.

Best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll sum it up in pics, as they are worth a thousand words.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like they want you.  Make 'em pay for it
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#13]
The best jobs/assignments are the ones you don't/can't ask for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#14]
In before OP wakes up in a bathtub of ice water, missing a kidney.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Tagged for later!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Half of my real (career) positions have been at companies I targeted for applications, but in positions that I did not specifically apply for.  It is very helpful that people spread resumes around if they look promising but not a fit for the specific position they were sent to.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm almost in the same position.  Finished a co-op in first week of January and was told to call back in April to see if there were any opening.  2 weeks later, I get an call for an interview with them for a new position closer to my home.  I'm going to approach it like an interview, even though I'm talking with my old boss.

I'm kinda agreeing with the comments about asking for a bit more money.  I won't get to greedy, but I'm shooting for them get me an iPad.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Someone trying to sell you a whole life policy or long term care.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Excellent outcome.  I'm moving from Washington DC back to Colorado - and am being moved to a fuckin AWESOME position.  Actually, a position that I will get to create!  I am so excited I can't contain myself.  I moved here 5-1/2 years ago FROM CO and have been trying to get back since.  Strange way things work out.

-AA
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Excellent outcome.  I'm moving from Washington DC back to Colorado - and am being moved to a fuckin AWESOME position.  Actually, a position that I will get to create!  I am so excited I can't contain myself.  I moved here 5-1/2 years ago FROM CO and have been trying to get back since.  Strange way things work out.

-AA

Congrats.  It's fun being on top!

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

-AA

The world is indeed your oyster.  So drinks are on you this weekend?

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

-AA

kick ass.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

-AA

Congrats! Great news!
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I for one welcome our newest Amway overlord AlmostAmos
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

-AA

You get to create a position?     I certainly hope you include fast cars, cocaine and prositutes in the job description.    

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-AA

You get to create a position?     I certainly hope you include fast cars, cocaine and prositutes in the job description.    

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#27]
So since you're in the creating positions area, I'm sure you'll need an assistant.  

An assistant with a 7 figure salary, bennies, lots of vacation time, etc.

I might be available.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Good for you, man!
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

-AA

Like a Boss!

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It is in my field and within my "company" - just a different division. A few higher ups have known for a while that I am interested in moving along to something more challenging. So, no Amway, no worries about my kidneys, etc. Just haven't had anything like this before. 11:00EST, I'll report back.

My wife had one of those yesterday.

Nice to know your labor is in demand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

-AA

The world is indeed your oyster.  So drinks are on you this weekend?  

I agree. Obviously, you would not have got the job without ARFCom's good wishes!
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Meh
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

-AA

Good work!
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:40:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:03:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Good luck sir..
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Congrats on the upward move.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#38]
You will need a secretary.

Since cheerleading is a part time gig........................

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I for one welcome our newest Amway overlord AlmostAmos

Guy on my FD is in that Amway shit, he's so persistant about trying to get other people into it, that he's about to get his ass written up for it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Bump for everyone to see how a thread is supposed to be done.

He didn't make the thread 3 weeks early. He came back. He came back in a reasonable amount of time for a bunch of 13 year olds with ADD.

Congrats OP! This is why you get paid the big bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bump for everyone to see how a thread is supposed to be done.

He didn't make the thread 3 weeks early. He came back. He came back in a reasonable amount of time for a bunch of 13 year olds with ADD.

Congrats OP! This is why you get paid the big bucks.

OP, I think you have an applicant for that PR position.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top