Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2012 6:16:58 AM EDT
I usually use herbie style clips when a compression fitting doesn't clear; however these newer 3 slot pcie boards don't give me enough clearance, and I am having a hell of a time using worm drives once the machine heats up.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Some sort of constant tension clamp is what you're looking for; they are much better for areas that see large temperature fluctuations.  Why does does your car come with those cheap spring clamps on the radiator hoses instead of stainless steel work drive plumbing clamps?  It's not only because they are cheap but they actually work better....you can also get a worm drive clamp with constant tension spring but they are a bit bulky.

-KP
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]

I like these for other uses might come in your size.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer my hose to be clamped by a lip lock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Strange looking engine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Strange looking engine.

What he said...

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Strange looking engine.

What he said...

I don't recall saying anything about engines,
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If the fittings are ribbed, safety wire works in some apps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Oetiker clamps are pretty good if you don't need to disconnect very often (they're single-use)
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sme-240175_w.jpg

Panhead exhaust pipe clamps or Shovel intake clamps? I guess you could use them for either.  Good clamps, but I've never seen them in a smaller size.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Panhead exhaust pipe clamps or Shovel intake clamps? I guess you could use them for either.  Good clamps, but I've never seen them in a smaller size.  

5/8" od
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I like those too,  take 25psi on my car no problem,   regular worm style hose clamps just don't cut it.  The smaller version of those are usually used as fuel injection hose clamps ( automobile use ),  not sure if they come in what looks to be about a 1" size for your application.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some sort of constant tension clamp is what you're looking for; they are much better for areas that see large temperature fluctuations.  Why does does your car come with those cheap spring clamps on the radiator hoses instead of stainless steel work drive plumbing clamps?  It's not only because they are cheap but they actually work better....you can also get a worm drive clamp with constant tension spring but they are a bit bulky.

-KP

Auto parts stores sell variety boxes of those spring clamps.

Use hose clamp pliers for the bigger clamps, like the ones on your radiator hose, but I find needlenose or regular pliers work well enough (even better) for the smaller diameter clamps.  There is a trick to putting them on/off, you'll figure it out.

If you can find this kind of hose clamp plier, get it:

Makes those hard to reach hose clamps not so hard to get at.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If you were talking automotive or even aviation, wiggins clamps are the best, period, $300 each though. For computers? I couldn't tell you.

Wiggins clamps

Wiggins clamps in use
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top