BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2012 9:06:36 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
super tactical roll down the hill
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't watch it because work stuff is hogging my bandwidth for a few hours, but it looks like the ending scenes from Proof of Life.

Awesome stuff.

IMFDB says that the 249 gunner was an actual 249 gunner who was on the production's security detail.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have absolutely no idea how realistic it is, but pound for pound that cut is one of the best action sequences out there.
Its been discussed before here that a lot of what happens makes sense as far as reaity is concerned (while im sure a lot of it does not)

for example in the opening scene the first guy gets aced with the blade from a multi tool as opposed to a 18 inch rambo knife which is probably how something like that would actually go down.

also the tactics of overwatch with the SAW and what not, initiating the ambush using something with an open bolt and belt fed, claymores all that fun stuff all makes pretty good sense.

also fwiw that youtube scene is edited a little bit, theres some stuff missing from the version I have.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
That's about how it'd play out with such a small team.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow. I have to see that movie.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I like how the camera looks down the sights of the SAW
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Slow movie. The end is the best part. Not a bad movie all in all though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to use it as a reference for SAW gunners, as I thought it had the best SAW gunner perspective of any movie, despite the copious use of FULL AUTO by the guys with M4A1's, and the sentry take-out scene with a multi-tool, rolling down the hill during covert approach of the objective, etc.

Ronin is the next SAW gunner scene that sticks out to me, when De Niro provides supporting fire in an urban setting, for breaking contact with vehicles IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Totally bogus.  I didn't see any MagPul gear, and not a single pair of 5.11 pants.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You just saw 80% of what is worth watching in it, the exfil from that compound being the other 20%.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Totally bogus.  I didn't see any MagPul gear, and not a single pair of 5.11 pants.  

I don't think Magpul and 5.11 were in existence then ... this movie was made pre-tacticool stuff. No AR optics, no rails.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#12]
IMHO, the last frag at hooch seemed too potent, while claymore on trail
was wimpier than it should have been.

needed more smoke and bush rake.

No, I have NOT done that...
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#13]
The closing credits sequence of that movie is also beautiful, with Van Morrison playing over sweeping aerial photography of some Ecuadoran city.

And there are some other good moments here and there.

But be warned, much of the movie consists of watching a very liberal Meg Ryan act out in histrionic fits.

Also, IMFDB notes this map, which does not at all look like something anyone from Hollywood would ever come up with:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top