Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2012 8:49:08 PM EDT
Her 31st is coming up shortly.  She won't even hint as to what she might like to have.  The only thing I can think of that won't break the bank, that she's been wanting for a while is to have her window's tinted. Crappy gift?  I figure that and some flowers might cut it.  

Help a guy out with some idea's!
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You're screwed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You're screwed.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're screwed.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]

It's a TRAP !!!

LD
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're screwed.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy what you can afford. Be thoughtful.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're screwed.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
First reply and all that
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't help you. Mine buys her own and I wrap it.
I haven't bought a crappy present for her in years, I always get it right.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
According to Zails. "I don't want anything" translated is: I want diamonds.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me help you...

Jewelry

This is the way it works, they get jewelry... You get a shirt.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do you guys say I'm screwed.  Heck, she might even be surprised this go round.  Before when she's said "nothing" that's what she got and she doesn't get bent out of shape about it. It doesn't feel right though.  I want to get her something nice/thoughtful.  She's due in Sept with our second son.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Does she like her car? If so then windows tinted and an auto detail.

Get her a card and a $20 mix of spring flowers anyway with any gift.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell yeah, get her windows tinted!  Especially with her being pregnant and soon to be toting around a newborn.  She'll need all the extra cooling help she can get!  

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Does she have a decent watch?
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hell yeah, get her windows tinted!  Especially with her being pregnant and soon to be toting around a newborn.  She'll need all the extra cooling help she can get!  

She's been dropping hints about it for oh, the last 4 years since we moved to SE GA. We're in KY now and she mentioned something about it the other day. I think that's what I'm gonna do for her. Plus, I won't have to tint the rear windows with that cutesy blue tint they sell at baby's R us.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

yes, bought her one a few years ago since she didn't have one.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, bought her one a few years ago since she didn't have one.

I think you're good on the tint.

It's not a 5 or an 0, no big thang.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Poke into her browser history. Look at her Amazon recommendations.

Look for any catalogs she gets in the mail. Get the newspaper still? Does she go through the advertisements? What does she linger on?

If there truly is nothing she wants, take her out for a night on the town. Some sort of live performance, and a nice dinner. Figure if there's somewhere nice you can take a walk, or if there actually is a downtown that has the carriage rides etc. OATT's intel she just dropped is good. Some sort of "last hurrah" before the baby comes kind of an evening out. Get the first kid parked with the grandparents or some family friends for the night.

Some places have a spa package for pregnant women.

Women want to know that you're thinking about them.

"Nothing" is often code for, "I want time and attention. Not something that comes in a box."
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#20]
No sense wasting $ when she says she doesn't want anything. Get her a new SnapOn socket set or something. She'll love it for sure because it was from you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#21]
HA HA sucks to be you
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Get her a blouse and a dildo, that way if she doesn't like the blouse she can go fuck herself.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]
They play the "nothing" card for a present to test to see if you were listening before at some time when she mentioned it. Which was probably 7 months ago and when you were already in the middle of something.

You can always punt and get some cultured freshwater pearls.  Relatively inexpensive and the jewelry shops will usually gift-wrap for you so you don't even need to worry about that.  Then stop by the grocery store and find a card with fancy writing and rose on it in the birthday section.  While at the grocery store stop by the bakery and pickup a couple of the new-fangled fancy cupcakes that are all the rage. Done and done.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Tint the windows....

LD
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't get her anything then...though this may be the reason why I am single.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Before when she's said "nothing" that's what she got and she doesn't get bent out of shape about it.

Yet.

She's saving the "get bent out of shape" for a time that suits her the most.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#27]
She pregnant too... double screwed.  

diamonds, gold....
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Poke into her browser history. Look at her Amazon recommendations.

Look for any catalogs she gets in the mail. Get the newspaper still? Does she go through the advertisements? What does she linger on?

If there truly is nothing she wants, take her out for a night on the town. Some sort of live performance, and a nice dinner. Figure if there's somewhere nice you can take a walk, or if there actually is a downtown that has the carriage rides etc. OATT's intel she just dropped is good. Some sort of "last hurrah" before the baby comes kind of an evening out. Get the first kid parked with the grandparents or some family friends for the night.

Some places have a spa package for pregnant women.

Women want to know that you're thinking about them.

"Nothing" is often code for, "I want time and attention. Not something that comes in a box."
Well, we just moved from the GA/FL line to western KY and we don't know a soul out here.  Grandparents are 14 hours away.

Kid is always in tow.  My wife hates the whole "pampered" thing. She is truly difficult to shop for sometimes.  You really gotta pay attention to what she lingers on because she doesn't linger long.  I will take the "time and attention" bit into consideration.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
You will never go wrong taking her for a massage, or a day at the spa. ONLY FOR HER
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#30]
lulz

Had this happen to me once. She said she wanted nothing, so she got nothing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Get her a blouse and a dildo, that way if she doesn't like the blouse she can go fuck herself.

You stay classy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You will never go wrong taking her for a massage, or a day at the spa. ONLY FOR HER

Replicate the spa at home.  With booze.  And sex.

Sure, your massage might not compare.  Your hot rocks out of the garden might not be the official approved hot rocks treatment rocks.  A lot of that shit's all in the presentation though.  

Give it a whirl.  What's the worst that could happen?  I've wound up drunk, naked, with first degree burns and covered in stinky oils in far worse contexts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait , where are the pics .

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Wait , where are the pics .

Been posted before. I lost my online account so no posty anymore till I find a new server.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're screwed.

Bullshit!

When in doubt, buy some jewerly.  It is a trap.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's been dropping hints about it for oh, the last 4 years since we moved to SE GA. We're in KY now and she mentioned something about it the other day. I think that's what I'm gonna do for her. Plus, I won't have to tint the rear windows with that cutesy blue tint they sell at baby's R us.

4 years???

Yea I'd go with the window tint.

It'll be less than $200 for the best.

I would have gone and had it done myself if it were me.

"She doesn't want anything" but for you to listen to and have consideration for her.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#37]
nexus diamond labs or diamond nexus labs ... either way - big manufactured diamond... no blood diamond... cheap and you're the hero.

goo ogle it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Deadliest trap in the arsenal!  Beware, and don't fail to act!  When WE say we want nothing, we MEAN IT. When they do, it means MOAR!
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Think of every day activities that could be upgraded. Things that can be enjoyed every day.

Like zombie salts..
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Get her a Kitchenaide Mixer and all the supplies to have her make chocolate chip cookies.  You and the little one get to eat cookies while she cleans up.  It's a win-win for everyone.

For the love of God, don't tell her I said that.  She'll either hate me or laugh.  Seriously though, how about taking her out to dinner or send her to a Spa for a massage or something??  

ETA:  Check out Bath Junkie and see if there's anything near your AO.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Get her a Kitchenaide Mixer and all the supplies to have her make chocolate chip cookies.  You and the little one get to eat cookies while she cleans up.  It's a win-win for everyone.

For the love of God, don't tell her I said that.  She'll either hate me or laugh.  Seriously though, how about taking her out to dinner or send her to a Spa for a massage or something??  

ETA:  Check out Bath Junkie and see if there's anything near your AO.

LOL, she's gonna take my cell phone and chew you out over the line.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#42]
NM.

RIF

Ya'll are young.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Get her a necklace or bracelet with your kids birthstones in it.  That should run you a little more than tint (depending on who tints your windows).  Women like shiny things and it has your kids involved.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

LOL, she's gonna take my cell phone and chew you out over the line.

So long as she's cooking the damn cookies, she can yell at me all she wants.  Make sure to give her my address so she can send me a couple of cookies!  
Tell her we said hi.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Get her a necklace or bracelet with your kids birthstones in it.  That should run you a little more than tint (depending on who tints your windows).  Women like shiny things and it has your kids involved.

Got her a white gold snowflake with a blue topaz in the middle of it for my first born (Dec Baby) so I'm already half way covered on that one. Thanks for the idea though.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
You could get her a dick in a box.
(cue team member inserting video)
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

She's already pregnant.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's already pregnant.

ETA:  I think you should name the next one "Gunner".  That way, he/she can be your little Gunners Mate.  You could call 'em "BB Guns" for short.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why do you guys say I'm screwed.  Heck, she might even be surprised this go round.  Before when she's said "nothing" that's what she got and she doesn't get bent out of shape about it. It doesn't feel right though.  I want to get her something nice/thoughtful.  She's due in Sept with our second son.

Arrange for an overnight sitter, pack a bag for her with some fun stuff ,

Then take her to dinner and surprise her with an overnight  trip to a classy hotel for the night..
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrange for an overnight sitter, pack a bag for her with some fun stuff ,

Then take her to dinner and surprise her with an overnight  trip to a classy hotel for the night..

Nice! (Borat voice)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top