Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Final Jeopardy. The category is 'Hobbies'. Here's guest presenter DoubleFeed with our Final Jeopardy answer.
Quoted:
It is fun to (...) work so hard to do nothing in particular.

What is every hobby ever?

Wager: All of it. (appx. $50, at the moment).
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Adult MLP fetishes aren't gay; they're pedo.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
In the last couple of months someone posted an ebay link to an auction of a  My Little Pony with a "inter-course ready" anus

This would be creepy enough without knowing about that.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ybxaUuSL1rp0e3bo1_1280.jpg

Is this it?  

The more you guys get butthurt over people having a little harmless fun, the harder we're going to work at making you uncomfortable with this stuff.  It's now a game.

Yes, that's it

It's not butthurt. Do whatever the F you want. Just don't expect me (or anyone who realizes this is AT BEST just creepy) to accept it. I'm all for your liberty to enjoy a TV show for little girls, play with little girls toys, and to imagine a cartoon pony when you masturbate. However, you need to understand I have the liberty to call a "brony" a sick freak, not let them near my children, and watch them like a hawk.

Its not butthurt to call a spade a spade
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
hell I dont have anything nice to say
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the last couple of months someone posted an ebay link to an auction of a  My Little Pony with a "inter-course ready" anus

This would be creepy enough without knowing about that.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ybxaUuSL1rp0e3bo1_1280.jpg

Is this it?  
The more you guys get butthurt over people having a little harmless fun, the harder we're going to work at making you uncomfortable with this stuff.  It's now a game.

Yeah WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT SUCKING DICK IN ASS GAYNESS SHIT ASS DICK ASS DICK SHIT FUCK IS THAT

Never seen someone have a stroke at the keyboard before.

Today is full of new experiences.

Like most things though, I just don't care what folks do in their spare time for fun.  Telling them what to watch and how to act is no different than someone telling me what to shoot, what to eat, what to watch.

Assholes, the lot of them.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sure thing.
Hooray money!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT SUCKING DICK IN ASS GAYNESS SHIT ASS DICK ASS DICK SHIT FUCK IS THAT

Never seen someone have a stroke at the keyboard before.

Today is full of new experiences.

Like most things though, I just don't care what folks do in their spare time for fun.  Telling them what to watch and how to act is no different than someone telling me what to shoot, what to eat, what to watch.

Assholes, the lot of them.  

Wow, a mature answer in GD.  How refreshing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife was home sick for a week recently. She watched a bunch of weird 80s kids shows she grew up with. Star Brite (seriously, some weird crap, somebody was on serious hallucinogens.), and several other shows that were too weird to watch when I was 7.

One day I come home from work and she's watching My Little Pony. Another weird show, whatever, I'll surf arfcom or play L4D til she's done. But it was actually entertaining. More so than a lot of the crap on TV nowadays; ie American Idol/Got Talent, Law & Order "Guns-R-Bad" Unit, The Office since the funny guy left, the last 37 seasons of The Simpson's, or any show with the recent cast of SNL.

Going to conventions, collecting toys, or otherwise dedicating your life to it? Weird to the max. If I saw one of those guys near kids, I'd call the police.

The most I've gotten into any TV show is buying a Stargate patch to stick on my gunsafe opposite the M.H.I. patch. I also bought a black fishing vest and built a P90 from cardboard, to go with the Stargate patch for Halloween once. I do reserve the right to have a friend and I wear a black suit and blue latex gloves for Halloween at some point in the future. Costumes are for Halloween, and only for parties with contests.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I just asked my wife if she would divorce me if I turned Brony, which led me to wonder, does one choose to be a Brony, or are they born that way?  She wasn't sure what the fuck I was talking about.  I figured it best to leave it at that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
If you enjoyed cartoons when you were a kid, and still do,  and you like well written and amusing stories, you're at risk.

If you have watched and enjoyed such modern cartoon classics as the PowerPuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,

Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack,  and many other "modern age" animated shows,  then you are at SERIOUS risk of liking MLP:FiM.

If that's you and you don't want to get hooked, don't watch.

If you're willing to take that risk,  every episode is on youtube.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you enjoyed cartoons when you were a kid, and still do,  and you like well written and amusing stories, you're at risk.

If you have watched and enjoyed such modern cartoon classics as the PowerPuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,
Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack,  and many other "modern age" animated shows,  then you are at SERIOUS risk of liking MLP:FiM.

If that's you and you don't want to get hooked, don't watch.

If you're willing to take that risk,  every episode is on youtube.  Good luck.

I would not start with S1E1 or just any episode at random though.  There is a list of recommended 'starter' episodes for those willing to give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahahahahahaha! Reap what you have sown GD!  The Ponypocalypse has come

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
There is something not quite right about a grown man watching My Little Pony.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmph.  And my imagination in my younger years was occupied by the deeply emotional works of Frazetta and Vallejo.

Things sure have changed in the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Things sure have changed in the last 30 years.
Yep, you're way more imaginative than me, and superior in every other regard. Way to go. Here's your prize:
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is something not quite right about a grown man watching My Little Pony.  

If you were talking about G1 through G3.5 I would agree.  I have never encountered a male Brony that watched the show before G4.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dear bronies,

Thank you for ruining every forum, website, or internet community in existence with your retarded ponies. If you kept your hobbies to yourself, maybe people would hate you less.

Sincerely,
The Internet

P.S. stop ruining guns.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3817/bronyk98k.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3084/bronyenfield.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9231/bronyshotgun.jpg

Right.  That stuff has never been done before by anybody else.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I often put in 60 hours a week at a highly technical job.   I watch cartoons for maybe one hour per week.

Repairing printers is NOT that highly technical.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I gave it a shot, it was created by the woman that wrote "meet the Beat-alls" so I figured I would approach it with an open mind, yeah really not my thing.

That said, I can see where people can see more in it than just a little girls show.

I am a huge fan of Powerpuff Girls, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, much anime etc... hidden adult themes goes back to original Looney Tunes, and perfected by Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I also have a serious doubt that every Bronie is in to it just for the  layered story telling and hidden themes, sometimes people just need to shout to the world, " Fuck You, I am a special snowflake", and latching on to a "girls show" seems to work for some, shit look at the knee jerk head explosions this and the members only thread have caused.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Hole E Shit
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, my wife is a long time MLP fan.  Ever since she was a little girl.  Actually, at first she was alittle resistant to FiM since the ponies were redesigned.  However, she likes it now, so the show gets watched in our house quite often.

Honestly, I don't mind it.  That may be cause I am a Lauren Faust fan going back to Dexter's Laboratory.  Its amusing and I don't mind it.

However, I don't like it enough to think its worth going to a Con or buying pony merchandise.  My wife does collect the actually MLP toys, but she has a collection of ponies spanning back to the 80's.

The show is cool, but not anything worth geeking out over.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#23]
So, basically, I should never watch this show, since I used to watch Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory.  I'd be like a reformed heroin addict "just trying" some sweet, sweet methamphetamine?  But with fewer prospects of heterosexual relations in my future?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's make it easier for you to understand then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

So following a children's show so deeply that you use images of it as your avatars, not sarcastic.

Posting about how your father doesn't respect you, also not sarcastic.

Posting that you are a virgin on a gun board with clearly no hope on the horizon, not sarcastic.

Defending a convention where 'adult' men dress in skin tight, revealing clothing to prance around with little kids, not sarcastic.

Claiming that your male 'friends' buy you my little pony dolls sarcastically, not sarcastic.

Purporting to not want to have sex with another guy dressed as a pony because of an suspiciously detailed judgement of his outfit, sarcastic.

Got it.  You 'guys' really need to stick together, each other is about all you'll ever get  

Really dude, lighten up, you'll live longer.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's make it easier for you to understand then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

So following a children's show so deeply that you use images of it as your avatars, not sarcastic.

Posting about how your father doesn't respect you, also not sarcastic.

Posting that you are a virgin on a gun board with clearly no hope on the horizon, not sarcastic.

Defending a convention where 'adult' men dress in skin tight, revealing clothing to prance around with little kids, not sarcastic.

Claiming that your male 'friends' buy you my little pony dolls sarcastically, not sarcastic.

Purporting to not want to have sex with another guy dressed as a pony because of an suspiciously detailed judgement of his outfit, sarcastic.

Got it.  You 'guys' really need to stick together, each other is about all you'll ever get  

Really dude, lighten up, you'll live longer.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/218/320/99001%20-%20animated%20rarity%20spike.gif

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
If you are going to watch a cartoon then watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

This picture is a guy transmuting his own blood into a weapon

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Just Googled that.  Holy crap, you need to set aside an entire day to assimilate that genre.
Cliff Notes?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Adventure Time or bust.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Just Googled that.  Holy crap, you need to set aside an entire day to assimilate that genre.

Cliff Notes?

Two young boys try to bring their mom back to life by using Alchemy, it goes wrong and one loses his leg and arm and the other loses his whole body. The one with only one arm and one leg left drags himself over to his fathers suit of armor while bleeding out and before he passes out from blood loss he binds his brothers wandering soul to the suit of armor.

He gets high tech prosthetics called "auto mail" to replace his missing limbs they are essentially full functioning metal robotic arms. The two brothers go on a quest to restore their bodies and on route to their goal run into some really fucked up stuff, pretty much a hidden plot in their countries government that involves mass genocide. They make their new goal to flush out the traitors inside their own government. The Military splits in half, essentially those loyal to the two brothers and those loyal to the traitors and they go to civil war with the brothers in the middle.

In the middle of all of that going on there is a lot of fucked up alchemy taking place and a lot of flashbacks of atrocities done during a war that takes place before the events of the show. A lto of characters realize that things they thought were just in the past weren't.

It is amazing. Netflix has 90% of it, make sure your watching FMA Brotherhood its the one that's not censored. If you watch just FMA you won't like it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You go to hell !!!1!

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Forgot to mention this guy, he is a fuckin boss.

Colonel Roy Mustang the flame alchemist, he takes a broad sword to the chest and is left for dead. He decides he would rather keep burning people to death then die so he burns his wound closed, he uses gloves with an alchemy symbol on them to perform his fire alchemy but he loses them in his fight so he just carves them into his hands so he can catch up to the guy who stabbed them.

Once he catches up the guy who ran him through he melts the guys tongue and then he melts his eyeballs while keeping him alive.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Colonel Roy Mustang the flame alchemist, he takes a broad sword to the chest and is left for dead. He decides he would rather keep burning people to death then die so he burns his wound closed, he uses gloves with an alchemy symbol on them to perform his fire alchemy but he loses them in his fight so he just carves them into his hands so he can catch up to the guy who stabbed them.

http://www.postavy.cz/obrazky/roy-mustang-306.jpg

Once he catches up the guy who ran him through he melts the guys tongue and then he melts his eyeballs while keeping him alive.

Weeaboo
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You go to hell !!!1!

Fuck you couch, chief
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#34]
My method of repairing printers is to chuck them in the dumpster, then they're out of my life.  

What I really do is two way radio communications.  At the small end of the business, I provide walkie-talkies

to hunters, and at the large end of the business I design multi-million dollar digital trunked radio systems  to

fit specific customer's needs, and oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of them.    

The majority of my daily work consists of maintaining, adjusting, programming, and repairing a broad variety

of two-way radio products at my test and service bench.     The simplest common repairs are so simple that

anybody could do them without training, but hard component failures on the PC board require solid troubleshooting

skills plus the ability to read complex schematics,  and then when the failure is isolated, replacing the failed

components usually requires handling fine lead pitch surface mounted components that are absurdly small,

as in, small enough to get several stuck in the dirt under your fingernail and you wouldn't even know they're there.

Fortunately, the bulk of the radios I support are consistent enough that I know their usual failures and 99 percent

of the time I already know what's failed.  Every design has its weaknesses, and when you've seen hundreds or

thousands of examples going across your service bench, you soon know them all.

FMA looks like something I COULD enjoy if I wanted to put the time into it.   Maybe I'll check it out.

That's the thing...I like animation in general.  A good story and good animation are the two things a show needs

to have in order for me to potentially like it.   Whether it's testosterone-laden war/combat/battle oriented anime

or technicolor donkeys planning a wedding party,  it's all the same to me.   I have broad tastes, a broad sense of humor,

and don't worry much about whether or not what I like meets with your approval.  

Trust me, the last thing a person SHOULD make important to his ego is whether or not his viewing habits meet

with the approval of Arfcom's general discussion participants!

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My method of repairing printers is to chuck them in the dumpster, then they're out of my life.  

What I really do is two way radio communications.  At the small end of the business, I provide walkie-talkies
to hunters, and at the large end of the business I design multi-million dollar digital trunked radio systems  to
fit specific customer's needs, and oversee the installation, configuration, and maintenance of them.    

The majority of my daily work consists of maintaining, adjusting, programming, and repairing a broad variety
of two-way radio products at my test and service bench.     The simplest common repairs are so simple that
anybody could do them without training, but hard component failures on the PC board require solid troubleshooting
skills plus the ability to read complex schematics,  and then when the failure is isolated, replacing the failed
components usually requires handling fine lead pitch surface mounted components that are absurdly small,
as in, small enough to get several stuck in the dirt under your fingernail and you wouldn't even know they're there.

Fortunately, the bulk of the radios I support are consistent enough that I know their usual failures and 99 percent
of the time I already know what's failed.  Every design has its weaknesses, and when you've seen hundreds or
thousands of examples going across your service bench, you soon know them all.

FMA looks like something I COULD enjoy if I wanted to put the time into it.   Maybe I'll check it out.

That's the thing...I like animation in general.  A good story and good animation are the two things a show needs
to have in order for me to potentially like it.   Whether it's testosterone-laden war/combat/battle oriented anime
or technicolor donkeys planning a wedding party,  it's all the same to me.   I have broad tastes, a broad sense of humor,
and don't worry much about whether or not what I like meets with your approval.  

Trust me, the last thing a person SHOULD make important to his ego is whether or not his viewing habits meet
with the approval of Arfcom's general discussion participants!

tl;dr
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.postavy.cz/obrazky/roy-mustang-306.jpg

Weeaboo

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah..
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You go to hell !!!1!

Cleaning the dirty rollers can be a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#38]
My Raptor is 20% cooler

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#39]
homos
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#41]
...and the emasculation of the American modern male continues.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
met a brony irl

fat, check
aspie as fuck, check
CS major, check
basically a faggot, check

yeahm so that was a great experience would repeat again A++++

I thought you were gay because you don't like Rick Scott.

But now I like you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
homos pedos

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Great.  "Flirtin' with Cuteness".  What a disaster.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

homos pedos

FIFY

Trolls.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
homos pedos

FIFY

Trolls.

And if being "aspie as fuck" apparently has taught me anything, there is one cure to trolls.  Either they convert, or they perish.  I do love the generalizations though.  You'd think that critical thinking would be part of a "freedom loving" website such as this, but in the end, people are still creatures of habit.  Pathetic as that may be.

+

=

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#49]
The truth of the matter is, although some people are unwilling to accept it,  is that the 4th generation show is totally separate from the earlier

three (or three and a half) generations,  and can't be compared alongside them.

Frankly, gens 1 thru 3.5 DO suck.  They hold zero appeal for anyone who isn't female and several years short of puberty.

G4, (Friendship is Magic), though, is really different.   If you could just set aside the fact that it (a) shares the name with the other previous

generations of My Little Pony, and (b) has animated talking ponies in it,  and watch it on its own merits, you'd find that it's creative, fun,

highly entertaining,  and has strong story lines that are not above the heads of the young 'uns but don't insult YOUR intelligence, either.

In fact, there's plenty of subtle stuff in the show that is clearly aimed at a more mature, sophisticated audience.

You have nothing to lose by giving it a shot.   You might even like it.  It's been known to happen.

Until and unless you do that,  your opinion that you are so willing to share is based on IGNORANCE.

CJ

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#50]
So what percentage of Bronies own windowless vans?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top