Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 7/20/2012 9:04:50 PM EDT
I hope i was not the only person who saw the interview with the guy and girl that were in the movies when the shooting started. He basically said he ran out and left his girl and 2 kids behind, I know im not the only one who thinks he is nothing but a pussy.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/aurora-theater-shooting-victim-jamie-rohrs-thinking-of-his-girlfriend-and-their-children-please-let-them-get-out-alive/

If someone could make the above link hot its the full video of the interview with the coward
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hope i was not the only person who saw the interview with the guy and girl that were in the movies when the shooting started. He basically said he ran out and left his girl and 2 kids behind, I know im not the only one who thinks he is nothing but a pussy.

LINK! please

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176718/Father-left-BABY-floor-massacre-cinema––child-rescued-mother-shot-leg.html

'I look up to see if I can run. I'm ducking, dodging, turning left, turning right. ... Every time you hear a gun shot, it's like 'Oh, I'm dead.'

'I'm just disoriented after I put him down," Rohrs said. "I'm just waiting for me to hit the ground and fall down dead. You could see the gunfire and people are dropping."

He says he tried to retrieve his son but eventually jumped over the balcony and fled.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd think that, too.  As a man, it is your DUTY to look to the safety of your children.  Girlfriend not so much.  

I do lament hearing that so many fucking retards brought their small children and/or infants to a midnight showing of what has got to be (haven't seen it yet, NO SPOILERS) a very LOUD and VIOLENT movie.  Some people should be slapped.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Because staying behind and getting shot and leaving that family without a dad is so manly.

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped his family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Because staying behind and getting shot and leaving that family without a dad is so manly.

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped him family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.
I see what you're saying, but I have to ask, do you have kids?

I would do everything in my power to save my kids.

eta Not that I would bring little kids to a midnight showing of anything, ever.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
He should have picked up each kid with one hand and ran out.  Possibly stepping on his girlfriend.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped him family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.

no.
you don't leave your family.
Of course, two kids and no wife, not much of a man in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
That guy needs his man card revoked.

Why the hell were kids at the midnight showing of a violent action movie?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
He looks like a total douche.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Another person who I can't count on in an emergency.

Quick! Every man for himself!

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
In a perfect world, an usher would have mopped up the shooter's brains and everyone could resume watching the movie.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd think that, too.  As a man, it is your DUTY to look to the safety of your children.  Girlfriend not so much.  

I do lament hearing that so many fucking retards brought their small children and/or infants to a midnight showing of what has got to be (haven't seen it yet, NO SPOILERS) a very LOUD and VIOLENT movie.  Some people should be slapped.

QFT.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Pussy move.  If there's one good reason to die it's for protecting your family.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
As a father of 5 kids there is nothing i would not do to protect them or my wife. That punk ran the hell out and then he said he got in his truck and drove to the mall then tried to call his girlfried,, WHAT THE FUCK........
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There are things worse than death. The cowardice stain of leaving your children to save yourself is one of those things.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
What amazes me is the amount of people in the theater and nobody tried to stop him.  I understand fear and all that.  But witnesses are saying they were running past the shooter to get out.  Imagine if two or three people would have jumped him on the way out,  It may have ended differently.

As for the man leaving his kids behind,  I pray I would never do that in his situation,  But you don't know until it happens to you.

I would die for my kids,  no matter what. Period.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If there's one good reason to die it's for protecting your family.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are things worse than death. The cowardice stain of leaving your children to save yourself is one of those things.

We all watched that interview here in Afghanistan and were all thinking the same thing... "WTF?!?!"  I don't have kids... yet... but I know I would not be able to live with myself if I had run out like that leaving them behind.  This proves he is a guy that doesn't think and does only what is best for him.  I understand the fight or flight response, but family and loved ones trumps that flight instinct.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.
you don't leave your family.
Of course, two kids and no wife, not much of a man in the first place.

+1

About what I would expect from the sort of people I know who have a "baby mama" that they refuse to marry.

I would have had to shoot it out with the guy.  Not sure how it would go, rifle against pistol, 30 rounds against 5, body armor against polo shirt, but I'd have to shoot it out.  Maybe crimson trace grips would win the day in a dark theatre, but I hope I never have to find out.

This sort of shit is making me re-evaluate my choice of carry gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or worse losing your child and having to live knowing you could have saved them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, some people in here sure don't have very good reading comprehension, do they?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do.

Cover your kids' with your body.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or worse losing your child and having to live knowing you could have saved them.

Ayup.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It's not a matter of machismo or bravery.   A Man would help his kids escape or die trying.  That simple.  

If you ever have your own children, you'll understand.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I find it sadly ironic that this loser was at the midnight premier of a superhero movie. If you don't have the instinct protect your own children I can't see what even makes you human.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

but I think he should have at least helped him family and not ran by himself

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#27]
normally i don't believe in monday morning QBing, but that is just disgusting.  my father would charge unarmed straight into a muzzle to protect us, even now that we're all adults––i have absolutely no doubt of this (he came very, very close once on just the possibility of danger to my brother, but that's not something i'm going to discuss).  in our family, the idea of leaving someone in danger just doesn't compute.

i mean, how could you even look your kids in the eye after pulling a stunt like that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm either going down taking on the bad guy or protecting my family or both..

If I go down... Shit happens.

I fixed it for me but I agree, I can't even pretend to understand thinking any different then that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Having kids or not having kids doesn't change what I wrote.  He shouldn't have ran out without his family but in the moment, some people freak out/panic and don't think about things like that.  Not everyone is Billy Badass.

/shrug
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I love how right after such a tragedy the media had the time to get a perfect artsy fartsy angled shot

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Quoted:

You are rolling your internet eyes at the idea of this?  

You have no kids, that much is clear.

They are more important than you.  Your one job is to protect them..

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I find it sadly ironic that this loser was at the midnight premier of a superhero movie. If you don't have the instinct protect your own children I can't see what even makes you human.

that's a great point.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Having kids or not having kids doesn't change what I wrote.  He shouldn't have ran out without his family but in the moment, some people freak out/panic and don't think about things like that.  Not everyone is Billy Badass.

/shrug

You do not have to try to be "Billy Bad Ass" to try to get your family out of danger.  No one is saying this guy should have jumped up, charged into the line of fire, and tried to wrestle the guy to the ground.  However, jumping up and running as fast as you can for the exit while leaving your two kids and girlfriend behind to die is well... despicable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#35]
People do strange things when they panic. A lot of people are sheltered from stressful situations, exacerbating the issue.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If there's one good reason to die it's for protecting your family.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I would go toe to toe with an active shooter to protect SOMEONE ELSE's kids, not just my own.

But I guess I'm just old fashioned that way (and getting older, and more accepting of my own death anyway).

I'm not a "modern" guy like Rohrs, who, as far as I can tell from those pictures, looks like the better part of himself ran down his mother's leg.

ETA: As I think about it, my sig line speaks to this very issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#38]
The guy is a fucking pussy.  Leaving his kids behind.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Quoted:

They are more important than you.  

Cincy, not everyone is Billy Badass and thinks like most Arfcommers.

Most people on AR15 are going to understand that kids are more important than you in a situation like this but I'm fairly sure that everyone here understands that NOT all of the population in the world is like AR15.  This person is obviously not of the same mindset and thinking as this community is, especially with all of the LEO/.mil/guys who train on here.  Sure, we'd all like to think anyone that has children has it automatically ingrained into their brain but the fact of the matter is, they don't.  This guy obviously is one of those people that doesn't have it.  Some people's survival instincts take precedence over all other things....his survival instincts said, "gtfo out of here right now, regardless of who is with me, take care of me first."
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I know without a doubt that the majority of people feel the same way i do about this, no matter what i would not leave my family behind. His girl held it together and made sure she stayed with her kids, even after she was injured. You dont have to be a Billy Badass or anything like that, its paternal instinct to protect your family..
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Man, some people in here sure don't have very good reading comprehension, do they?

It's your fault, you started the post with an inflammatory comment.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrug

Obviously, I can't speak for every guy that ever fathered a child, but for some of us, protecting the young isn't a conscious decision.  It's instinctual.  It has nothing at all to do with being billy badass.  Instinct, like pulling your hand away from fire.

It's possible that evolution has created two different instincts.  Some guys protect their young at all costs, and some protect themselves at all cost, to breed later.   From an evolutionary standpoint, both would be valid.   Right now, the latter reaction seems more logical to you.  And it may be.  But have some children of your own, and you may just find yourself in the first group.  Or not.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/shrug

You do not have to try to be "Billy Bad Ass" to try to get your family out of danger.  No one is saying this guy should have jumped up, charged into the line of fire, and tried to wrestle the guy to the ground.  However, jumping up and running as fast as you can for the exit while leaving your two kids and girlfriend behind to die is well... despicable.

Those were his survival instincts.  If people want to call him a pussy and a coward for it, then so be it.  But not everyone is going to feel that way.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/shrug

Obviously, I can't speak for every guy that ever fathered a child, but for some of us, protecting the young isn't a conscious decision. It's instinctual.  It has nothing at all to do with being billy badass.  Instinct, like pulling your hand away from fire.

It's possible that evolution has created two different instincts.  Some guys protect their young at all costs, and some protect themselves at all cost, to breed later.  From an evolutionary standpoint, both would be valid.

The bold parts are what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Quoted:

Most people on AR15 are going to understand that kids are more important than you in a situation like this but I'm fairly sure that everyone here understands that NOT all of the population in the world is like AR15.  This person is obviously not of the same mindset and thinking as this community is, especially with all of the LEO/.mil/guys who train on here.  Sure, we'd all like to think anyone that has children has it automatically ingrained into their brain but the fact of the matter is, they don't.  This guy obviously is one of those people that doesn't have it.  Some people's survival instincts take precedence over all other things....his survival instincts said, "gtfo out of here right now, regardless of who is with me, take care of me first."

Placing yourself between your kids and harm's way is not a "Billy Badass" phenomenon, nor is it an instinct that only resides in some community of heros.

If you are a man, this is what you do; you protect your kids from harm -even if it means you die.

If you do not do this, you are not a man.  There is no debating this.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

use stupid smiles all you want, but that's exactly what you did, and its why everyone stepped over your redemption sentence.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#49]

First thing I thought of.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Quoted:

Placing yourself between your kids and harm's way is not a "Billy Badass" phenomenon, nor is it an instinct that only resides in some community of heros.

If you are a man, this is what you do; you protect your kids from harm -even if it means you die.

If you do not do this, you are not a man.

Okay.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top