Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I am not even going to watch it.
I joined the Army in 85 and was hazed and participated in hazing. Can't deal with it? Get the fuck out pussy! I want men with balls and a spine in my military.
I joined the Coast Guard in 90 and was hazed and participated in hazing. I think you know how I feel about it.

Go watch it because it was way out of line for normal hazing.  After watching it I suspect you will change your mind.  The soldier was hardly a pussy.

My son has a couple of little scars where he was pinned with his Crossed Sabers after Cav Scout OSUT and he was pounded at his SGT pinning and that is expected.  Being slammed in the chest with a big wooden mallet is way out of line, especially when the trooper was sent to the hospital for it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The way I've "heard" of it being done around us, normally the whole company lines up and smashes your chest in. Some go soft, and just shake the hand, but the big guys that do damage are always the ones that hit their hardest.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no place for "hazing" in a professional military. If the US military wants to be "professionals" then leaders need to stop stuff like this.

A firefight is enough "hazing" for your CIB.

Ranger School is enough "hazing" for your Tab.

Anyone who thinks you need anything else needs their head examined.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was going to say "Blood Wings" being smacked into your chest without the clasps on is one thing.

A MALLET?  Are you fucking Kidding me.

Concur.  Maybe it was velcro?

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I joined the Army in 85 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  Can't deal with it? Get the fuck out pussy!  I want men with balls and a spine in my military.
I joined the Coast Guard in 90 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  I think you know how I feel about it.

You don't have a clue how the human heart works, do you?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you went in as an enlisted...  You don't strike me as the college type.

College isn't going to teach you not to slam someone in the chest with a wooden mallet. You should know that from common fucking sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]

That's retarded. What kind of demented people are we dealing with who would even take pleasure in doing that to their fellow Soldiers and Marines...
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, that was extremely fucked up.  Hazing is something the weak made up to feel stronger about themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Phi Alpha Brother: Assume the positions.
(Pledges turn around and bend over.)
Randy: You want me to bend over so you can smack me with that paddle?
Brother: Yeah.
Randy: I like drinkin' and I love ridin' tricycles, but if someone hits me with a paddle I'm gonna knock 'em on their ass. I thought we were friends.
Brother: We are. But... the older brothers did it to us when we were pledges so now it's our turn to torture somebody.
Randy: If you want to get someone back why don't you paddle the guy who paddled you? Not some poor guys who didn't do anything to anyone.
(Brothers start paddling each other as Randy and the other pledges watch.)
Earl: (voiceover) Randy never thought he'd be so satisfied watching guys spank each other on the ass. But, as it turns out, he was.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets see you get promoted and the higher ups slam you with a wooden mallet you fall to the ground and have a siezer......really smart makes you yearn to be promoted again...dumbasses
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a white 1st SGT before.  Must be some hick NG unit or something.  

Ha!

eta: for those less informed, blacks have very low numbers in junior enlisted combat arms jobs, but as you go higher there are more of them.  You can speculate as to why.

My experience is different, but what do I know.  

he may have been talking abour real combat arms.

i keeed!  (sorta)
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
What do you guys thing of Wog Day ceremonies?

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a white 1st SGT before.  Must be some hick NG unit or something.  

Ha!

eta: for those less informed, blacks have very low numbers in junior enlisted combat arms jobs, but as you go higher there are more of them.  You can speculate as to why.

i keeed!  (sorta)

Meh...There are arguably more black folks in the artillery than 11 or 19 series....still, my experience has been different.  Of course, that's regular army, not the weekend warrior stuff.

not even sure what he was implying anyways
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyLsq0Xl74

It's Not Gay If You're Under Way.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I joined the Army in 85 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  Can't deal with it? Get the fuck out pussy!  I want men with balls and a spine in my military.
I joined the Coast Guard in 90 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  I think you know how I feel about it.

Watch it.  Its fucking retarded. It was not hazing.  It was assault.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Crucify that MUTHERFER.  That wasnt hazing, that was RETARDED.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a clue how the human heart works, do you?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you went in as an enlisted...  You don't strike me as the college type.

<––-college degree
<––––enlisted

Fucking ignorant...
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
What a stupid display and that asshole should be locked up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I heard the title and thought "great more liberal BS"

and then i saw the video and though "this is the stupidest thing i've ever seen"

totally could kill someone POUNDING ON THEIR CHEST WITH A GIANT MALLET!
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unless if it comes later, I just saw a bunch of PT and grab assing.  

I got to 3:00 and saw how irrelevant that video was.  Did you really think that was comparable?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

i keeed!  (sorta)

Meh...There are arguably more black folks in the artillery than 11 or 19 series....still, my experience has been different.  Of course, that's regular army, not the weekend warrior stuff.

I think his point is that in certain MOSs, minorities dominate the senior NCO corps and in others they are hard to find.

11, 18, 19 and 12B world there aren't a lot of minorities in my experience.
13, 14, 42 there area  lot of minorities.  Though I am not sure that holds true for the PFAR community.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The way I've "heard" of it being done around us, normally the whole company lines up and smashes your chest in. Some go soft, and just shake the hand, but the big guys that do damage are always the ones that hit their hardest.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Only those with equivalent rank or higher.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

and then i saw the video and though "this is the stupidest thing i've ever seen"

And that is why you have rules saying all of it cannot be done, because for every 100 cases of just taping a guy on the collar when you get promoted you get one case of are you guys that fucking stupid?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is why you have rules saying all of it cannot be done, because for every 100 cases of just taping a guy on the collar when you get promoted you get one case of are you guys that fucking stupid?

so true
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Keep hazing in the barracks where it belongs

But really, a fucking giant mallet to the heart?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The homo stuff that the Navy does, actually scares me a more than a giant wooden mallet.    

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

i keeed!  (sorta)

I think his point is that in certain MOSs, minorities dominate the senior NCO corps and in others they are hard to find.

11, 18, 19 and 12B world there aren't a lot of minorities in my experience.
13, 14, 42 there area  lot of minorities.  Though I am not sure that holds true for the PFAR community.

Not sure if 14 or 42 belongs anywhere near these conversations.  What's next, aviation.

Actually, in PFAR where I am not assigned anymore, 3 of the 4(including the FSC) 1SGs are minorities.  The Bn CSM is a minority.  The BCT CSM, a 13F ranger batt guy is a minority.  Are we being invaded?  

All but one of the above are studs.  

My experience, 20 years in the artillery/recruiting/OC duty is I've had 2 minority 1SGs.  One as a a SPC, and he was a stud who got screwed over later on down the road. The other as a recruiter, and he was a tabbed 11B prior to converting.  Amusingly he is in the same school as I am.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That's retarded. What kind of demented people are we dealing with who would even take pleasure in doing that to their fellow Soldiers and Marines...
That was a fuckin cluster fuck, fuckin ADPers.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#28]
This reminded me a Soviet/ex-USSR/Russian army hazing method which is known as "pierce to the soul". Another variety of this is so called "piercing of a plywood".
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Meanwhile...back in the day....

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got buttstroked in the chest by 90 guys with M14s.  A lot of them harder than that.  
Whatever.  
Like a baseball to the chest, bad timing just messed with his heart.

The article is not clear. Did he have a seizure or a dysrythmia?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#31]
could be worse, they could have held him down and raped him like those Crazy Troop guys were doing....

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/04/army-criminal-hazing-raped-by-fellow-soldiers-042512/

how does THAT become a good idea? "Hey guys, you know what would really make these new guys part of the team? STICKING STUFF UP THEIR BUTTS!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This reminded me a Soviet/ex-USSR/Russian army hazing method which is known as "pierce to the soul". Another variety of this is so called "piercing of a plywood".

Can you elaborate please?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't know how anyone could think that was a good idea.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
could be worse, they could have held him down and raped him like those Crazy Troop guys were doing....

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/04/army-criminal-hazing-raped-by-fellow-soldiers-042512/

how does THAT become a good idea? "Hey guys, you know what would really make these new guys part of the team? STICKING STUFF UP THEIR BUTTS!"

What the blue fuck?  My initiation into my last troop consisted of drinking a shit-ton of booze and some PT...
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I see a "training accident" in that NCO's future.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got buttstroked in the chest by 90 guys with M14s.  A lot of them harder than that.  
Whatever.  

He must have.
He wasn't hit that hard, but it was right over the heart.
And he was fine, right until his heart freaked out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I see a "training accident" in that NCO's future.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted: Of course, that's regular army, not the weekend warrior stuff.

I did two active Army contracts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted: Of course, that's regular army, not the weekend warrior stuff.

I did two active Army contracts.

I've done more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't you have some studying to do?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"
Soldier should lean to the wall. Then he inhales deeply through the mouth and holds breath.
Then so called "ded" ("old-timer" or conscript who has served longer than one year) to punch to the soldier's chest.

There are also such "interesting" amusements such as "dry a crocodile", "electric chair", "punch a elk"....
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever.  

He must have.

A dysrythmia makes more sense given the context. You can send a person out of and into V-tach/V-fib with a sharp blow to the sternum. I'm guessing that calling a loss of consciousness a "seizure" was just the layman trying to explain what they observed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Don't you have some studying to do?

Actually yeah, but why do it today when I can do it at the last minute prior to PT?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"
Soldier should lean to the wall. Then he inhales deeply through the mouth and holds breath.
Then so called "ded" ("old-timer" or conscript who has served longer than one year) to punch to the soldier's chest.

There are also such "interesting" amusements such as "dry a crocodile", "electric chair", "punch a elk"....

...sodomy...
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"

...sodomy...

Sodomy is not practiced within traditions of "dedovshina" (army hazing)
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"

...sodomy...

Yet it happened quite often to conscripts in Soviet Army, маленькая девочка.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"

...sodomy...

No, not quite often. As i said, it's nothing to do with traditional hazing or non-statutory relations.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Pierce to the soul"

...sodomy...

No, not quite often. As i said, it's nothing to do with traditional hazing or non-statutory relations.

Quite often amongst regular constripts. As well as theft, abuse, and beatings.  There is a reason why babushka would cry over a young man who was conscripted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think they are stupid.  I preferred the company of women in Australia to commemorate crossing the equator.  

Once upon a time it was an extremely dangerous task to sail past the equator, but modern warships are safer than driving there.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever.  

He must have.

I thought it was a seizure because he busted his head when he collapsed
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top