Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know whats in it exactly, but when I was in middle school I'd. consume a half-gallon in one sitting –– circa 1983.

Now, not so much.  I do still enjoy it in moderation.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue Belle, in all its manifestations, is..... perfection..

Was late 70's when it just started being sold all over Texas and the first taste I had of Blue Belle was Tin Roof... Thought I'd gone to heaven!!

Try this on the vanilla... Couple of scoops in the bowl and then a couple of healthy grinds of fresh black pepper over the top. Don't knock it til you've tried it, it works verrrry well!
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
+1 for crack

I'm having some right now with nutella on top.  It's amazing stuff.

This is crack if anything is. I finally tried it a few weeks ago. Holy shit, I go through a loaf of bread in 3 days an a jar in 5.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Blue bell is OK, kinda overprocessed and usually the texture is messed up from all the shipping, but not bad.

I thought everyone knew what decent Ice cream tasted like, but it seems folks get used to the processed artificial trash and just forget..like folks that think McDonalds sells Hamburgers.

If you Ice cream nuts want to friggin pop a nut and induce a sugar coma at the same time, swing in sometime.
You'll forget about the overpriced yuppie stuff once ya get revived.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1 for crack

Holy shit.

hmmmmmmmm, must investigate this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok, I give up.  What is that roasted, kinda nutty / almost almond sorta flavor in there?

Had to hit Walgreens a minute ago, and was lured by the siren song of this stuff.  Holy hell I am well on my way to eating the whole container.

Try living 3 miles from he factory... I drive past it every day on the way to work.... Some good shit!  Buy some Summer Strawberry Pie, and you WILL eat a half gallon at a time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Blue Bell isn't for sale everywhere.  

I miss it

And yet they have it in the canteen at the prison where I work.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, but I FUCKING LOVE BlueBell Homemade Vanilla.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for crack

. . . WHY HAVE I NEVER DONE THAT?!

I have a guess!

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try it with Mandarin Orange Habanero Jelly on top...  

STOP IT!
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1 for crack

They sell it in Hungary, but not MD.

Fuckin' commies....
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
The best ice cream I ever had was at a little ice cream shop in Mashpee MA. Made their own ice cream, chocolate syrup, waffle cones, crushed their own toppings, and all that stuff. DE-fucking-LICIOUS!

That being said...

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is the ONLY vanilla ice cream I can stand, and by stand I mean fucking love. I love the way it taste with Saltines –– yes I'm weird.

Their Cookies 'n Cream is the best ever too! I like to leave it out for a bit before I enjoy it so I it's a bit softer and more heavenly.

For those with no Blue Bell, my condolences.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Tour the factory ,the vanilla at the end of the tour was made that morning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is Bule Bell even real ice cream? I know Bryers is now Frozen Dairy Dessert and contains anti-freeze/engine coolant (Propylene glycol)

That's wrong.

Propylene glycol is non-toxic and NOT used in automotive applications. You are confusing it with the toxic Ethylene glycol.

Yum!
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

There is only one true ice cream, and it is Blue Bell.
And it's made in TX.
B&J's, Breyers, Dreyers, Baskin-Robbins, everything else, and all that gelato crap can EADAD.

I know the Texas pride thing is pretty outrageous but...

You think Blue Bell with it's 6 different types of fucking vanilla is better than real homemade gelato? Are you fucking serious? Have you ever even had gelato?

That's like saying a Dodge Omni is faster than a Porsche. You have to be completely deluded and/or below the retardation level of intelligence to honestly believe either of those things.
ETA: Penn State Ice cream trumps Blue Bell They are so serious about it they built and maintain the largest ice cream school in the country http://creamery.psu.edu/
Speed

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Jack's down in Alabama has Blue Bell hand scooped MILKSHAKES, including Peach!

Just had a Huckleberry flavored one here locally.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No Blue Bell in Iowa

The shoppette on base had it.  When I was in the dorms I'd kill a half-gallon every weekend.  The cookie-dough variety was awful dang good.

I need to find an A&M group around here so I can eat Blue Bell and play 42.

Not in IA, but Gig 'Em.

I'm not an Aggie, but anywhere I've lived I generally like to know a few since we share common interests.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Blue bell is the best, love cookies and cream and vanilla.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok, I give up.  What is that roasted, kinda nutty / almost almond sorta flavor in there?

Based on the gayness of their radio commercial jingle...semen.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Time to make some real homemade ice cream.  I make the best vanilla ice cream in my house.  My coffee ice cream and the Andes mint chip is pretty damn good also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Science has proven Blue Bell is as close as the human body can go to having an orgasm without sex.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ETA: Penn State Ice cream trumps Blue Bell They are so serious about it they built and maintain the largest ice cream school in the country http://creamery.psu.edu/

Speed

The jokes write themselves.....did Penn State also have a puppy store on campus anywhere?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Speed

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I always like the Blue Bell "Natural Vanilla Bean" flavor better than the Homemade Vanilla.

But, Homemade Vanilla is still very, very good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Try it with some cherry brandy poured on top.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
it's called "Vanilla bean" for a reason..................IT'S A FREAKIN BEAN !.
http://www.nashvillescene.com/binary/b373/10_Madagascar_Vanilla_Beans.jpg

yep!!  

homemade vanilla and vanilla bean are two different flavors.....just sayin
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the gayness of their radio commercial jingle...semen.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Nothing beats Häagen-Dazs.

Except more Häagen-Dazs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I hate the damn song.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#31]
bluebell homemade vanilla + real whipped cream + crushed peanut m&m's + real chocolate syrup = seizure
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Speed

Anything to attract kids to the campus, eh?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

The jokes write themselves.....did Penn State also have a puppy store on campus anywhere?  

Don't hate just because we have better ice cream, beer, pizza, natural beauty, and less Irish than your state

Speed

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's made in TX.

B&J's, Breyers, Dreyers, Baskin-Robbins, everything else, and all that gelato crap can EADAD.

You think Blue Bell with it's 6 different types of fucking vanilla is better than real homemade gelato? Are you fucking serious? Have you ever even had gelato?
That's like saying a Dodge Omni is faster than a Porsche. You have to be completely deluded and/or below the retardation level of intelligence to honestly believe either of those things.

Speed

Yeah, I'm surrounded by joints that sell the crap.  I've tried it.  It sucks.  Just because it is Eye-talian/European/Old World doesn't mean it is good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's made in TX.

ETA: Penn State Ice cream trumps Blue Bell They are so serious about it they built and maintain the largegelast ice cream school in the country http://creamery.psu.edu/

Speed

Yeah, I'm surrounded by joints that sell the crap.  I've tried it.  It sucks.  Just because it is Eye-talian/European/Old World doesn't mean it is good.

I hear ya, most people who order chicken fingers off the kids menu stick to regular old ice cream when it comes time for desert.

Really though, good gelato is (at least should be) much richer, creamier, and more fattening, than any ice cream. It's not even a comparison...

Speed

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's made in TX.

Speed

gelato and blue bell are in different categories and you cant compare them  
its like comparing the ak and ar or a Dodge Omni and a Porsche

fwiw I dont like gelato
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#37]
The Pistachio Almond is my favorite,but only seasonal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How can you seriously not know what real vanilla tastes like????  

Because the majority of Vanilla stuff out there is artificially flavored...to the point that REAL Vanilla tastes "Off" to some folks
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Though I rarely eat (2-3 times a year tops) ice cream, Bluebell's Home made Vanilla is my favorite. My old man loves their Banana Nut, which is also pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol.

My co is working there right now.  Material handling in the frozen section.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

You realize you're going to hell for that comment, right?

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for crack

I'm having some right now with nutella on top. It's amazing stuff.

. . . WHY HAVE I NEVER DONE THAT?!

Making my teef hurt already....

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Nothing beats Häagen-Dazs.

Except more Häagen-Dazs.

This. Blue bell is good, but it's not Haagen-Dazs good.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought ice cream was only supposed to have 3 ingredients

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

You realize you're going to hell for that comment, right?

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I thought ice cream was only supposed to have 3 ingredients

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AfSRdVy4zRs/TE2Zz1PHFVI/AAAAAAAADfI/cOU55KHcySw/s1600/bluebell3.jpg

Bryers all natural had: MILK, CREAM, SUGAR, TARA GUM(a natural thickening agent), NATURAL FLAVOR.

There are also butter fat % requirements from the FDA to be classified as ice cream. So replacing the cream for milk or skim milk would still not be classified as ice cream, even if it's all natural.

Regardless of how much butter fat is in the stuff in that picture, it is no ice cream in my book.

Does anyone know of any organic brands? I'm curious to see what kind of "chemcials" they put in. Why do I have a feeling they use more crap than something that's "All Natural"?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Blue Bell isn't for sale everywhere.  

I miss it

http://www.bluebell.com/country_store/how_to_order.html
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Don't hate just because we have better ice cream, beer, pizza, natural beauty, and less Irish than your state

Speed

Yeah, I've worked the Marcellus Shale. Everything you just said, except maybe the pizza bit, is a lie.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#49]

now this stuff is like crack
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And it's made in TX.

This.  Bluebell is from Texas.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top