Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2012 2:46:20 PM EDT
These POSs will do anything to protect the Kenyan usurper. There is no way these numbers are correct, especially when you figure that it is end of summer and kids are going back to school.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I do.  And I really think they are under reported so the general masses dont come unglued.  I was at my appartment mail box the other day and the amount of unemployment envelopes getting stuffed into everything was pretty unbelievable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They are up around 12% if you count the real numbers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]

With seasonal hiring happening it doesn't surprise me too much that they got better.  It will get better in Nov and Dec as well due to the holidays.  Now, how many of these jobs are permanent?  LOL.  

I do believe these #s have a very high BS factor in them.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What?  600,000 part time jobs don't always show up a month before any election?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are imaginary numbers.  Real world figure is around 20%.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you can at least double the numbers.
Those numbers do not include people who have had the unemployment expire or those who have given up looking.

Those number are only for those currently in the system.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
NO, since I just saw my dept of labor counselor last week who told me that all the businesses they talk to are not hiring until after the election.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The numbers have to be BS. If just about every one knows someone who is unemployed how can the percent be so low. I think the true percent is closer to 20%.

Oh FBHO
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Newspeak Reigns......
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I believe the numbers - the Bureau of Labor Statistics is pretty non-partisan. The issue isn't the numbers, it's what goes into them and how they're interpreted. The numbers themselves are fine, but saying "Hey, look, it's down to 7.8%" ignores things like how that number is effected by how many people have just stopped looking, or how many people are underemployed.

QFT

I'd bet real numbers are closer to 20%.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The economy has been in the shitter since everyone realized Obama was going to win the election. It's going to stay in the shitter until that anti-capitalism, anti-business, anti-freedom fucknugget leaves. Everything else is politically motivated BS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
NOT on your life! I just heard that it would take 875,000 new jobs last month to bring down the unemployement number .3%. There is something rotten going on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think you can at least double the numbers.
Those numbers do not include people who have had the unemployment expire or those who have given up looking.

Those number are only for those currently in the system.

Yep.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
These POSs will do anything to protect the Kenyan usurper. There is no way these numbers are correct, especially when you figure that it is end of summer and kids are going back to school.

other than the schoolkids you mention, what's the problem with the numbers?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#17]
The Strangest Number In Today's Jobs Number

While we already presented the explanation for the dramatic drop in today's unemployment report (almost entirely driven by the surge in part-time jobs for economic reasons, hardly a thing to be proud of as more and more full time jobs, especially those on Wall Street, are a thing of the past, while the transition to a part-time worker society has been documented extensively in the past here), there is another number that is by far the most perplexing in today's NFP dataset: that showing the employment of workers in the 20-24 year age category (both seasonally adjusted and unadjusted). See if you can spot the outlier in the chart below.

Cutting to the chase: the September surge in Seasonally Adjusted jobs give to 20-24 year old is the biggest in decades. This is on top of the only positive NSA increase in 20-24 year old jobs in history.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
And

NFP Prints 114K, On Top Of Expectations Of 115K; Unemployment Rate Tumbles To 7.8% On Expectations Of 8.2%

Reason For Today's Unemployment Rate Plunge: Part-Time Jobs For Economic Reasons Surge Most Since QE1 Announcement

We already noted the absolutely stunning surge in reported Household Survey jobs which "added" 873,000 jobs, or the most since 2003 and the second most in the past decade, which was just a little bit off the Household Survey used in the monthly NFP jobs changes, which came at 114,000, or about 8 times less. But what was the reason for this epic jump in Household survey jobs? Simple, and those who have read our series on America's transition to a part-time worker society know the answer. The reason is that the number of part-time people employed for economic reasons soared by 582,000 to 8,613,000, the most since October 2011, and the largest one month jump since February 2009, when "restoring" confidence in the economy was all the rage... and just before the Fed announced the full blown QE1 in March of 2009. Odd symmetry.

And of course 'everyone' understands that the 'seasonally adjusted' numbers are just that...guesses by economists.  So what if they happen to be a little off...we'll just "adjust" them back later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I think an easy way to figure out the BS is the amount of disposable income type business that are gone or circling the drain.

In California there has been over 130 motorcycle shops close. Most of the boat dealers are closed here in San Diego.

Look at all the RV dealers that are gone, plus the RV builders. Restaurants, even the ones that take EBT cards dropping off

There is a place were furniture stores are all along the same road in newer large buildings, most of them are for lease.

Under employed America, I haven't bought any large items in 4 years. I used to replace my motorcycles every 3 years, last one I bought was in 08.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sure.  And I have a 16" dick.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
We just had an old Richmond BBQ chain shut all their restaurants down for good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#22]

No, the number's are cooked. But they always are.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sure.  And I have a 16" dick.    

Haha, ME TOO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I do not believe any of the numbers put out by the admin.

BTW, the BLS economists donate to the obungo campaign..... http://freebeacon.com/meet-the-obama-donors-at-the-bls/

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
They're not correct. See following link:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And

NFP Prints 114K, On Top Of Expectations Of 115K; Unemployment Rate Tumbles To 7.8% On Expectations Of 8.2%

Reason For Today's Unemployment Rate Plunge: Part-Time Jobs For Economic Reasons Surge Most Since QE1 Announcement

We already noted the absolutely stunning surge in reported Household Survey jobs which "added" 873,000 jobs, or the most since 2003 and the second most in the past decade, which was just a little bit off the Household Survey used in the monthly NFP jobs changes, which came at 114,000, or about 8 times less. But what was the reason for this epic jump in Household survey jobs? Simple, and those who have read our series on America's transition to a part-time worker society know the answer. The reason is that the number of part-time people employed for economic reasons soared by 582,000 to 8,613,000, the most since October 2011, and the largest one month jump since February 2009, when "restoring" confidence in the economy was all the rage... and just before the Fed announced the full blown QE1 in March of 2009. Odd symmetry.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/09-2/Part%20Time%20Workers%20Economic%20Reasons_0_0.jpg

And of course 'everyone' understands that the 'seasonally adjusted' numbers are just that...guesses by economists.  So what if they happen to be a little off...we'll just "adjust" them back later.

Yeah they hope in January after the inauguration.........
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#27]
The U-6 rate is the correct rate because it takes into account discouraged job-seekers, part-time underemployed, etc.  

The U-6 rate is 14.7%.  Think about that; the real unemployment rate, by the govt's own figures, is 14.7%.  And if you believe that is fudged, think about how high it could really be...
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#28]

the interval between the last blue thingy and the red thingy isn't freakishly wide. and it makes sense as part of an upward trend. there are plenty of other intervals in the chart of that size. i guess the red helps make it look more suspect though.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The U-6 rate is the correct rate because it takes into account discouraged job-seekers, part-time underemployed, etc.  

The U-6 rate is 14.7%.  Think about that; the real unemployment rate, by the govt's own figures, is 14.7%.  And if you believe that is fudged, think about how high it could really be...

The link I posted above was the U-6 link if anyone is looking for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Think how high that number would be if the Mocha/Savior/Genius/PITA/POTUS hadn't stepped in to save us all............
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I can pretty much believe the numbers they say on TV, but I also understand what BLS is measuring when they use the word "unemployment."

The Bureau of Labor Statistics also calculates six alternate measures
of unemployment, U1 through U6, that measure different aspects of
unemployment:

• U1: Percentage of labor force unemployed 15 weeks or longer.

• U2: Percentage of labor force who lost jobs or completed temporary work.

• U3: Official unemployment rate per the ILO definition occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively looked for work within the past four weeks.

• U4: U3 + "discouraged workers",
    or those who have stopped looking for work because current economic
    conditions make them believe that no work is available for them.

• U5: U4 + other "marginally attached workers", or "loosely attached
    workers", or those who "would like" and are able to work, but have not
    looked for work recently.

• U6: U5 + Part-time workers who want to work full-time, but cannot due to economic reasons (underemployment).

BLS and the news outlets only report U3.  The real one that matters as a true barometer for the health of the economy is U6.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Lets see, we have been real slow at work.

There have been 3 guys who get sent home early a few times a week to the tune of 3-4 hours each total per week. None of them are collecting any unemployment, so that right there isnt being recorded. I wonder how many millions of workers do this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Finally, and putting it all into perspective, since December 2007, or the start of the Great Depression ver 2.0, the number of jobs lost is 4.5 million, while those added to foodstamps and disability rolls, has increased by a unprecedented 21 million. Oh and about $7 or $8 trillion in debt. Who's counting really.

From here
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#34]
They'll be quietly revised upward in a few weeks.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't.

The household numbers come from a phone survey of about 60,000 people where they ask them if anyone got a job. The number may not be made up but who they called could have been a set up.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#37]
5 years ago I was at the top of my game.I watched layoff after layoff.I got the job to take trucks away from workers.2 years ago I moved into the office. I saw what the bottom line was.I was the buying agent.Hard as fuck to do when you can not pay your bills.  I was layed off feb. 29. Not a fucking thing out there for me. My house has ben paid off for 7 years so it is not as bad as it could be  but it still sucks!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Nope. They are falsified numbers.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#39]
No.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#40]
A large chunk of unemployed fell off the map.  

Sad, anything to win an election

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top