Page / 9
Posted: 11/13/2012 5:58:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol not shocked.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing new.

A friend who is a very well known (in the industry) custom gunmaker offered to apprentice veterans who might have an interest in learning the trade.

He was given much the same response in what I understand was a very rude manner.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]

well strike that charity off the list what a shame too
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  I just donated to them through CFC.  Guess I should have just sent it all to the USO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Official: Thunder Ranch will no longer be doing any fundraising for Wounded Warrior. This due to the main reason is they will do not want support from the guns period because guns are used by our military to kill themselves. What do they save themselves with? Nerf guns? Also the fact that very little of our money is actually getting to the families that need them. We will find charities in the coming months to help us all give but for now all money raised with our current DVD sale will go to our Seal team family... the Reece Petersen Trust fund. Thank you as always for your support. We will continue to do the best job we can to put as much money as we can to helping our military. Clint and Heidi

On Thunder Ranch Facebook page.

Was that written by a drunk, or am I having a stroke?

Seriously - need an answer. Think the lights are starting to dim......

ETA: Clint & Heidi need to hire an editor, stat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
That's funny, because I ran a WWP event at my gun club a couple weeks ago for WWP Alumni (wounded and disabled vets) to spend the day shooting at my club:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1383313_Take_a_Wounded_Warrior_Shooting_Day_Event_at_my_gun_club.html

And last year, I ran a hunting event at my farm, where I had 9 different WWP Alumni hunting on 21 different days.  Some of them even <gasp> shot and killed things.

WWP isn't a perfect organization, but never for a moment have I gotten the impression that they are anti-gun.  Not only have they enthusiastically supported my events, they have contributed (money and swag), and provided the participants.  It must be part of their "stealth anti-gun" program.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I already wasn't a fan due to their overhead costs.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Their Project Odyssey program specifically does things shooting, hunting and other outdoor activities.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
maybe an issue w/ 'Clint and Heidi ' ?

easier to blame the big guys....  just sayin

need more info
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Kahr donated 50K to them back in May...which WW had no problem accepting.
http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/Kahr-Arms-donates-50K-to-Wounded-Warrior-Project_4118-1.html

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I've gotten the impression the WWP has gone full Komen...
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Tom Gresham backs up Clint's story it would seem.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Guntalk
Good afternoon ––

While we appreciate your interest in Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) you are correct that we decline the media opportunity.

Please note the following notice that appears on our website which
also applies to WWP public awareness policy and inquiries from media
outlets:

WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a
percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product
or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol
or firearms companies.

Thank you for your inquiry.

LESLIE A. COLEMAN

public relations director

O: 904.405.1433

M: 904.654.8138

F: 904.296.7347

Wounded Warrior Project

4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300

Jacksonville, Florida 32256

Good morning ––

This policy is not a judgment on those who own and use firearms –
clearly every member of our armed forces has been trained in the use of
firearms and then called on to use them in the course of their service
to this country.

Our position regarding firearms and alcohol is in response to the
struggles that many injured service members face with substance abuse
and suicide and the roles those items often play in those issues.

Thank you.

LESLIE A. COLEMAN

public relations director

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats stupid.

Im pretty sure that a VERY LARGE amount of money they receive comes from 2A/shooting groups.

id be willing to bet nearly half the money they receive is tied to the shooting community.

shooting themselves in the foot with this policy.................................that was unintentional

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#15]
TAG

appears they fall under

official use = OK

personal use= bad

but we just have a facebook post , a twitter and one email from a PR drone

Think more digging and info is needed before another GD full retard campaign

just make sure it isn't one dumb bitch but a organizational viewpoint

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, guess they won't be getting any money from me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I really don't get it at all.  Maybe they have some retards in their public relationshions dept.  The Alumni Coordinators and people in Project Odyssey are fine with guns:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/combat-stress-recovery-program/project-odyssey.aspx

"Activities include horseback riding, canoeing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, a high ropes course, fishing,skeet shooting, sled hockey, and skiing at retreats held in various locations across the country."

Again, in two years, I have held two hunting / shooting events, and will be doing another one in the spring with my left over money and ammo.  If you want to actually make a difference, put on your own event.  Take one of these guys shooting or hunting, don't donate to the organization directly then.  Most of my donations came directly to me (also solicited by me), with the understanding that they were going to be spent directly on shooting and hunting shit.  WWP mostly just supplied the attendees.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TAG

appears they fall under
official use = OK
personal use= bad

but we just have a facebook post , a twitter and one email from a PR drone

Think more digging and info is needed before another GD full retard campaign
just make sure it isn't one dumb bitch but a organizational viewpoint

Apparently they get their policy of use from the H&K handbook of jackbootery.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Official: Thunder Ranch will no longer be doing any fundraising for Wounded Warrior. This due to the main reason is they will do not want support from the guns period because guns are used by our military to kill themselves. What do they save themselves with? Nerf guns? Also the fact that very little of our money is actually getting to the families that need them. We will find charities in the coming months to help us all give but for now all money raised with our current DVD sale will go to our Seal team family... the Reece Petersen Trust fund. Thank you as always for your support. We will continue to do the best job we can to put as much money as we can to helping our military. Clint and Heidi

ETA: Clint & Heidi need to hire an editor, stat.

Well, since it is GD...  Both?  
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's funny, because I ran a WWP event at my gun club a couple weeks ago for WWP Alumni (wounded and disabled vets) to spend the day shooting at my club:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1383313_Take_a_Wounded_Warrior_Shooting_Day_Event_at_my_gun_club.html

And last year, I ran a hunting event at my farm, where I had 9 different WWP Alumni hunting on 21 different days.  Some of them even <gasp> shot and killed things.

WWP isn't a perfect organization, but never for a moment have I gotten the impression that they are anti-gun.  Not only have they enthusiastically supported my events, they have contributed (money and swag), and provided the participants.  It must be part of their "stealth anti-gun" program.

It's probably somewhat variable depending on who is doing what, and in which region.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And last year, I ran a hunting event at my farm, where I had 9 different WWP Alumni hunting on 21 different days. Some of them even <gasp> shot and killed things.

WWP isn't a perfect organization, but never for a moment have I gotten the impression that they are anti-gun. Not only have they enthusiastically supported my events, they have contributed (money and swag), and provided the participants. It must be part of their "stealth anti-gun" program.

It's probably somewhat variable depending on who is doing what, and in which region.

That might be the case.  In my experience, no problems.  The WWP Alumni Coordinator physically drove a few of my guys to the sporting goods store and bought their hunting licenses for them last year.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

well strike that charity off the list what a shame too

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#25]
The wife and i will be finding a new charity.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#27]
WW had been co-opted by the liberals since it became cool. Nick Sparks and other sundry elitist assholes are now doing WW events to get their photo-ops. This is bleed over from people like that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WW had been co-opted by the liberals since it became cool. Nick Sparks and other sundry elitist assholes are now doing WW events to get their photo-ops. This is bleed over from people like that.

Now that's sad.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#29]
That's too bad, thankfully there are many other charities I can give my donations to that likely don't have policies like this.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#30]
We tried to have a 3 gun match and asked them to use their logos on shirts (which would be sold and all proceeds to be donated to them)

They refused to have the association. Lots of organisations will take your money and do something beneficial without being political.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#32]
In.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Thank you

FYI, I hand out bottles of Dillo Dust for people who donate to the SOWF.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]
WTF
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I had troubles getting behind then after hearing

the amount of money that went to the head honchos

and not to helping our soldiers.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I read about that here  

+1

Last I checked, it was spending only about 60% of donated funds on programs. The rest went to salaries, overhead, fundraising, etc.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's sad.

It is what it is. New Bern had a Nick Sparks charity gala this year. Celebrities running around. Never again will help out. WW guys were pulled out so the celebs could get their photos and Sparks could get in a statement about how he understands the plight of the vets (having written two best sellers with vets in them he understands so much) and then we vets got shuffled off with the rest of the refuse. Fuck them for using wounded vets for their own self-aggrandizement.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#39]
My club just hosted a WW shoot. They came in a WW bus and shot the place up with all kinds of reactive targets.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nothing new.

A friend who is a very well known (in the industry) custom gunmaker offered to apprentice veterans who might have an interest in learning the trade.

He was given much the same response in what I understand was a very rude manner.

They were nasty is us for a non gun related offer as well. In a nutshell they just want cash
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Yup.

$319,692

0.55%

Steven NardizziExecutive Director

There are much more highly rated veterans charities out their, like Semper Fi Fund (which supports all services):

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Wonder if Trace Adkins knows? No more money for them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#43]
This information makes me RECOIL in fear.  The WWP must be filled with dumbo's.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Exactly, I contribute to other military charities that don't pay their directors $200K salaries.  

ETA:  I see that figure is now old, it's $300K+.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, I contribute to other military charities that don't pay their directors $200K salaries.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe they should ask the wounded warriors if they approve of this BS!
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#48]
this sucks I gave a lot of money to these ass holes!!!!!!! fuck them
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Official: Thunder Ranch will no longer be doing any fundraising for Wounded Warrior. This due to the main reason is they will do not want support from the guns period because guns are used by our military to kill themselves. What do they save themselves with? Seal team family... the Reece Petersen Trust fund. Thank you as always for your support. We will continue to do the best job we can to put as much money as we can to helping our military. Clint and Heidi

I couldn't make any sense of it.

If the Wounded Warrior Project? Ive wondered how much of the money they brin in goes back out. Its become very "commercial". Or is it Army Wounded Warriors (AW2)?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, talk about biting the hand that feeds them very well.  They will no longer get any money or support from me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top