Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:45:15 AM EDT
Saw this on Slickdeals, figured some people here might be interested.  I had one of these when I was a kid with the stock and everything.  I had no idea they had such a big following even now.  Apparently there's a bunch of aftermarket stuff you can get for them.

EDIT: The Amazon $39 deal is now out of stock.  Go AR15.com go!

According to Slickdeals posters, it goes in and out of stock, so just keep checking the link if you wanted the Amazon one.

http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-American-Classic-Pump-Pistol/dp/B00A2AZ0MG

Edit:

Credit goes to other posters in the thread for pointing out that Wal Mart also has a sale going on for them, in a $69 package that includes the .22 model with a first aid kit, backpack, stock, and pellets.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?affillinktype=10&dest=9999999997&product_id=21311833&sourceid=42427513220555011351&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one......good power for an air pistol.  It's also nice to shoot both bb & pellet.   Probably good to have on a fishing boat when you think firearms could draw uncessary attention.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Get behind me Satan!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you think this would work for dispatching racoons point blank?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Im on my second one , I love them with pellets, shooting  indoors while Im watching the tube

I used to practice for hours in my old apartment shooting across the room at targets on telephone books .
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one of those in .22

was fun to plink with

I lost interest in it after getting a Daisy 880

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
My first "shooter"...
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

I still do, but it won't hold air . I should see if it can be fixed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

People say you can kill squirrels from within 20 yards with them, so I'd imagine you could kill a raccoon point blank with one.  People who have actually hunted with them can chime in, though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had one......good power for an air pistol.  It's also nice to shoot both bb & pellet.   Probably good to have on a fishing boat when you think firearms could draw uncessary attention.

The new models aren't intended to be used with BBs.  The magnet aint in the bolt face anymore.  My understanding is that BBs tear the heck out of the rifling.  It's rare to find a rifled gun intended for steel BBs anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

Easily.  If you were local, I'd do it for you for the cost of the parts.  

They're fine pistols.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new models aren't intended to be used with BBs.  The magnet aint in the bolt face anymore.  My understanding is that BBs tear the heck out of the rifling.  It's rare to find a rifled gun intended for steel BBs anymore.

Good to know.  Hadn't heard about seemingly softer barrel metals and the havoc BBs were doing.  

From a small game hunting standpoint, you want to the pellets.  They will kill a coon and will punch through skull/ribs toget to the vitals within typical handgun range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ordered

I just bought one for shits and giggles too.  Got the recommended variety pack of four different pellets too.  Ah, Amazon Prime.  Naturally I had to opt for the next day shipping for another $8.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Hummmmmmmm.................  
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not humanly in stock tune.  But a .22 variant can be tuned and with pointed pellets, it might.

I've turned treed raccoons into pincushions with CB caps, only to have them run off to die.  

Now, a Benjamin Marauder pistol would be a dramatic improvement.  About the same size but a pre-charged repeater.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not humanly in stock tune.  But a .22 variant can be tuned and with pointed pellets, it might.

I've turned treed raccoons into pincushions with CB caps, only to have them run off to die.  

Now, a Benjamin Marauder pistol would be a dramatic improvement.  About the same size but a pre-charged repeater.  

Either the 1377 or the 1322 will do the job, but it's a razor thin margin between a humane kill and a screaming flopper.  Too thin a margin in my book.  Honestly, I tend to lean towards too much medicine for raccoons anymore.  They're tough critters and deserve a clean kill.  9mm isn't that expensive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't ship to Michigan.

Thank you for making me safer, state government!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can't ship to Michigan.

I bought a high end air rifle from a guy in Illinois, and I seem to recall him telling me he had to ship it from an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can't ship to Michigan.

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Can't ship to Michigan.

There are ways...

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't ship to Michigan.

There are ways...

My parents live just south of the MI state line.

Even though this is a hell of a deal, not worth the hassle for what amounts to an impulse buy.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#22]
You can make a kick-ass carbine out of them for about $100.00. I can easily kill a squirrel at 25 yards (head shot) with it with RWS super-domes. I like the crow-magums for starlings.

Very handy too. I've built two of them, one with the red-dot and one with a SKS scope.

I seldom even use my old air rifles any more as the 1377 Carbine is plenty enough powerful at 625 fps for yard vermin. I think you can upgrade the seals and get it up to 800 fps with the green air conversion.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Must....... Not........ Impulse...... Buy..........
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dispatched a momma opossum and her kids with one from ~10'. They'll do the trick at the right distance.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice, I need some for some squirrels
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You can make a kick-ass carbine out of them for about $100.00. I can easily kill a squirrel at 25 yards (head shot) with it with RWS super-domes. I like the crow-magums for starlings.

Very handy too. I've built two of them, one with the red-dot and one with a SKS scope.

I seldom even use my old air rifles any more as the 1377 Carbine is plenty enough powerful at 625 fps for yard vermin. I think you can upgrade the seals and get it up to 800 fps with the green air conversion.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/xm05fo.jpg

So, uhh, does that count as an SBR?

It seems like a stupid question, however, I haven't ever put the ATF above regulating stupid things, such as air rifles.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered

I just bought one for shits and giggles too.  Got the recommended variety pack of four different pellets too.  Ah, Amazon Prime.  Naturally I had to opt for the next day shipping for another $8.

Yup - I ordered the same variety pack, too.  I went with the regular Prime shipping - should be here Friday morning.  The kiddos and I will have a great time shooting this pistol off the back deck this weekend. Well worth the money for the fun it will generate!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/xm05fo.jpg

So, uhh, does that count as an SBR?

It seems like a stupid question, however, I haven't ever put the ATF above regulating stupid things, such as air rifles.

LOL....Not yet but i would not try to put a "sound moderator" on it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

As long as the sound moderator cannot be removed without destryoing it, it's OK.  See Gamo Whisper.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

Just buy a new one for $39. I doubt you could fix the old one for less.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Bought one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Do...   Not...  Need...  Must....  Save...  Money...

But they are cool as a carbine.

I'd love one with the backpacker stock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as the sound moderator cannot be removed without destryoing it, it's OK.  See Gamo Whisper.

I put my .22LR Silencerco Stainless Sparrow on my high end air rifle that was already threaded for it (I'm completely blanking out on the brand, I haven't touched it in like a year.)

It didn't seem to do all that much like it does on a .22LR rifle.  This is an external pump / scuba tank gun. I never touch the rifle anymore after getting my suppressor, I need to sell that thing.  Used I had about $700 in it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or, if it can be removed, if it cannot be used on a firearm.

Though, with the advent of 17HMR, that's a virtually impossible claim to make.

Easier to put a ported barrel extension on it, and just temporarily wrap the ports with a chamois when you want to "moderate" it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought the all black one at walmart for $55. The shoulder stock makes a hell of a difference. I just replaced the plastic breech with a steel one and am waiting for a new rear sight which is supposed to be here today.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#36]
In the last month I've bought 2 Crosman pellet pistols. One is the .22 cal version of the one the OP listed  (Model #1322) and the other is a Model 2240, using CO2 and again in .22 caliber.

I shoot them in my garage, the neighbors don't have clue. Not that I -think- they would give a damn, but I'm not tempting fate either.

Both very accurate and as someone stated, lots of upgrade parts and gadgets. They are the AR15 of the airgun world in that respect. I've got a stock and steel breech kit on order right now. Who knows what will come next.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I put a stock and the steel breech with a scope on mine as well.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I would like to add that you all suck, and revealing that I could potentially pick one of these up at Wal Mart tonight on my way home is not helping.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

I'm pretty sure he could, actually.  Crosman's support people are really good about parts orders and knowledge, and many of the components are actually COTS stuff that can be ordered from McMaster Carr and the like.  I believe the gaskets could be gotten either way, but McMaster will probably only sell them in quantity.  

There's a small ball bearing in the safety that likes to go "ping" and disappear when the assembly is disassembled by hamfisted morons like me.  I lost it, called up support asking to order a replacement.  "Oh, those are easy to lose, let's just send you a few of 'em gratis".  I love Crosman.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#40]
The rear sight can be loosened and flipped over to make a peep site.  Works great after adding the shoulder stock
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
It's probably been fifteen years since I shot a pellet gun... do they make plastic BBs or pellets in .22 or .177 for indoor practice?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I had to do it! This was my first BB gun. No idea what my parents did with it. Now I'll have something I can use in the backyard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Wal-Mart has the Bug-Out survival kit for $69.00.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's probably been fifteen years since I shot a pellet gun... do they make plastic BBs or pellets in .22 or .177 for indoor practice?

They make no lead pellets.  I tried a few varieties.  They suck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you just want to sling plastic BB's get an Airsoft gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I just want to get my Mark 1 repaired. That thing was dead nuts accurate, and had a wonderful trigger. That was my favorite by far. I had a 1377, with the stock too. I don't know what happened to it. I had one of the .357 revolver models as well, but I know what happened to that. I took it apart and lost one of the seals when I was about 10.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

I'm pretty sure he could, actually.  Crosman's support people are really good about parts orders and knowledge, and many of the components are actually COTS stuff that can be ordered from McMaster Carr and the like.  I believe the gaskets could be gotten either way, but McMaster will probably only sell them in quantity.  

There's a small ball bearing in the safety that likes to go "ping" and disappear when the assembly is disassembled by hamfisted morons like me.  I lost it, called up support asking to order a replacement.  "Oh, those are easy to lose, let's just send you a few of 'em gratis".  I love Crosman.

Also the $39 one is in .177 caliber . The one I have is in .22 and was given to me when I was a kid by my late grandfather. I would really like to have it back up and running again to teach my boys how to shoot on as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Walmart has the .22 cal version with a stock and bug-out kit for $69.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=21311833&findingMethod=rr

ETA:  oops, already posted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top