Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2013 7:59:34 AM EDT
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/State-local-leaders-differ-on-gun-control-4200443.php

Houston's mayor, Chief of Police, and Harris county Sheriff support AW Ban, Mag Limits, and other forms of Gun Control.

Our own little New York city, right in the Heart of Texas

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Big city thinking......
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/State-local-leaders-differ-on-gun-control-4200443.php

Houston's mayor, Chief of Police, and Harris county Sheriff support AW Ban, Mag Limits, and other forms of Gun Control.

Time for the Texas AG to beat them down.

And time for a challenger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Inner city troubled youth, all grown up and in a position of power.

ETA: Born and raised in Sugar Land, outside of Houston.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Ship their collective asses out at the soonest possibility.
C'mon Texas...WTF is with this..
..FN..
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
This is not a surprise for those of us who live nearby.  Local gov't in Houston is almost as liberal as Austin nowadays.  Not that any of the other "big cities" in Texas are much better...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#6]
“As for military-style assault weapons, armor-piercing bullets and similar items, I don’t want that type of weaponry on the streets of Harris County,” Garcia said. “We are seeing where cartels got firearms through a legal process.”

Fast and Furious ring a bell you twat.

McClelland supports the position of the Major Cities Chief Police Association, whose members advocate a return to the Clinton-era assault rifle ban, limited-capacity magazines and expanded background checks for gun buyers

Go fuck yourself.  It didnt work back then and it wont work now.  Again.  Go fuck yourself
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Houston is a craphole.
HPD is one of the worst LE organizations i've ever seen; i'm kind of surprised that the Harris county Sheriff is on board, though. That's a huge change from 15 years ago.
In my opinion,HPD would come confiscate your guns in a heartbeat if ordered to do so; very heavy-handed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Hmmmm wonder why?

Now guess which cities in my state will come out in support of The Jug Earred One

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
“As for military-style assault weapons, armor-piercing bullets and similar items, I don’t want that type of weaponry on the streets of Harris County,” Garcia said. “We are seeing where cartels got firearms through a legal process.”

McClelland supports the position of the Major Cities Chief Police Association, whose members advocate a return to the Clinton-era assault rifle ban, limited-capacity magazines and expanded background checks for gun buyers

Go fuck yourself.  It didnt work back then and it wont work now.  Again.  Go fuck yourself

Sounds like they need to get together with Sheila Jackson Lee - and all go drive into a damn lake...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Ship those assholes to NY and make sure they take Shiela Jackson Lee with them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like they need to get together with Sheila Jackson Lee - and all go drive into a damn lake...

We have a whole Gulf they can drive their asses off into  But they just wont
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No doubt. I can see Annise Parker getting elected mayor & she appoints the chief of police. - Big city/urban politics.

There is no excuse for Adrian Garcia though;  voters were just too lazy to get off their asses and vote. Harris county encompasses much more than Houston.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a surprise coming from a city which regularly disregards not only state but federal laws; being a sanctuary city, for one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Houston is a craphole, and its dead to me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt. I can see Annise Parker getting elected mayor & she appoints the chief of police. - Big city/urban politics.

There is no excuse for Adrian Garcia though;  voters were just too lazy to get off their asses and vote. Harris county encompasses much more than Houston.

He is openly soft on immigration, helps in a sanctuary city.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Inner city troubled youth, all grown up and in a position of power.

ETA: Born and raised in Sugar Land, outside of Houston.

This^

Here is my surprised face.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Houston is the shittiest big city I've seen, next to Detroit.

More bums than San Francisco and ghetto as anyplace else.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit, I wanted to move back to Houston. At least most of the Woodlands is in Montgomery County.

Screw everything about Harris County, from the HPD to the emissions laws to the Third Ward to all the homeless people that showed up after Katrina begging like being from New Orleans entitled them to a handout. As a former Midtown resident, I'd never move back into Houston proper.

As someone in the oilpatch, I guess I'm limited to the few companies in the Woodlands, or I should look at DFW.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#19]

In their final terms in office, Houston's mayor, Chief of Police, and Harris county Sheriff support AW Ban, Mag Limits, and other forms of Gun Control.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#20]
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!    I was hoping we were smarter than this!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In their final terms in office, Houston's mayor, Chief of Police, and Harris county Sheriff support AW Ban, Mag Limits, and other forms of Gun Control.
You have to consider the voters that put them in those positions aren't gonna change from now until then.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I make no excuse for my city. The morons and leeches here were as enamored to elect the chubby lesbo as they were the big eared black dude. I mean, these are the same folks that elect Sheila Jackson Lee.

THIS TOWN NEEDS AN ENEMA!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah the City of Houston officials are very liberal.  They tried to say we're not going to use the traffic signs to direct traffic to gun shows, and the state of Texas said the fuck you won't.

If they tried to do anything we'd vote the mayor out easily.  Not worried.  I live in Houston.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#24]
And some people wonder why areas outside Harris County are growing in population.

Look at the mayor. How can anyone be surprise he/she/it would be for an AWB? Houston is trying to compete with Austin for title of Texas' Liberal Utopia.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#26]
We need to start a citizen exchange program.  We could send them to NY in trade for some conservatives that are trapped there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shit, I wanted to move back to Houston. At least most of the Woodlands is in Montgomery County.

Screw everything about Harris County, from the HPD to the emissions laws to the Third Ward to all the homeless people that showed up after Katrina begging like being from New Orleans entitled them to a handout. As a former Midtown resident, I'd never move back into Houston proper.

As someone in the oilpatch, I guess I'm limited to the few companies in the Woodlands, or I should look at DFW.

You have Anadarko in the Woodlands and Exxon is building that huge complex up there as well.

You could also do as some of us do.  Live on the outside and drive our happy asses into town.  If you do, get an EZ TAG.  There are parts where you just need to have it Beltway 8 for instance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Part of the reason I moved away from that shithole area.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah the City of Houston officials are very liberal.  They tried to say we're not going to use the traffic signs to direct traffic to gun shows, and the state of Texas said the fuck you won't.

If they tried to do anything we'd vote the mayor out easily.  Not worried.  I live in Houston.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#30]
It is almost like Houston is a liberal shithole...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Houston is the shittiest big city I've seen, next to Detroit.

More bums than San Francisco and ghetto as anyplace else.

Oh, the hyperbole!

Ever been to Baltimore? Miami, FL? Chicago?

I know your profile says TX, but what parts of Houston have you been to? I've been here since 2000 and while there are a few areas that are like you describe, the whole city is certainly not like that.

There are a LOT of cities that are bigger shitholes than Houston.

I'm not surprised about the sheriff. As somebody mentioned above, a lot of the leadership around here is liberal. Obama actually won Harris County by something like 2 votes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have Anadarko in the Woodlands and Exxon is building that huge complex up there as well.

You could also do as some of us do.  Live on the outside and drive our happy asses into town.  If you do, get an EZ TAG.  There are parts where you just need to have it Beltway 8 for instance.

Anadarko is #1 on my list, right up there with Pioneer in DFW.

I've spent time working at BP, I won't work for another supermajor. You never get promoted as a white American male within those companies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We need to start a citizen exchange program.  We could send them to NY in trade for some conservatives that are trapped there.

Hopefully Abbott's message to NYers ring a bell with the freedom loving conservatives in that state. And hopefully those freedom loving conservatives move into big cities in Texas and start to displace the moonbats. But ONLY if they're freedom loving conservatives.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Adrian Garcia is a turd democrat if I've ever seen one. I am not at all impressed with what hes done with HCSO.

Everyone knows about Anise Parker so thats no surprise there either. I dont know much about HPD's Chief, but hes entitled to his opinion too.

Its worth noting however that everybody at HPD and HSCO carry their own personally owned AR-15's. Banning them is going to prevent alot of cops from properly arming themselves.

I carry a personally owned carbine every day and couldn't imagine working without the peace of mind that it provides. Ive never used it, and very very rarely deploy it, but I feel more comfortable knowing that its there.

Also for what its worth, Ive filed nearly 300 criminal charges on defendants in Harris County in the past 5 years that Ive been in law enforcement (with a 1.5 yr break in service) and I have not arrested one single person for a crime involving a rifle in that time. Or a shotgun either for that matter. And I cant think of any of my coworkers who made an arrest for a crime involving a long arm either.

Ive arrested plenty of people for crimes involving handguns and doing turd stuff with handguns, but none for long guns.

And finally, they can support all the bans and enforcement that they wish, but I also havent spoken to one single cop in Harris County yet who has come out and stated that they would enforce an unconstitutional ban.

It's been made very clear to me that I am not to enforce federal immigration law. If I rolled through the Home Depot tonight and sacked up a dozen illegals, ICE would not accept them into their processing center. They only investigate and deport people that have already been arrested and booked in Harris County jail.  

I dont know why I would suddenly start enforcing an AWB when I dont enforce immigration law.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#35]
BUT BUT BUT....its TEXAS....

GR
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

GR

Just not Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

GR

Yeah, unfortunately cities in Texas are getting more and more liberal. Mostly due to the influx of yankees and illegals.

We moved to Spring in 1988 and everyone still said howdy and waved to each other. Now its just an extension of Houston.

Thank god I got out of there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#38]
The sooner a cancer cell is detected.. the sooner it can be eradicated...
Ship 'em out of there!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#39]
This should not surprise anyone.  Assholes will be assholes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anadarko is #1 on my list, right up there with Pioneer in DFW.

I've spent time working at BP, I won't work for another supermajor. You never get promoted as a white American male within those companies.

I used to really like Anadarko, but I've been having some issues with them lately, especially with their Rocky Mountain operation.  So my opinion right now is not favorable.  As far as the actual corporate structure and employment goes they dont sound too bad.

Plenty of great smaller companies in Houston as well.  The one that has impressed me the most is Ballard Oil & Gas.  Great people to work with and personalble both in and out of the meetings.  I would give my left arm to go to work with them.  But like most they are downtown and in the heart of Harris County where its liberal fucktard central in Houston.  Believe me there is a reason I live on the outskirts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm in - seriously looking too.  I'm in IT and the wife's a veterinary technician...headhunters hit us up!

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Houston is a POS
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure having all those 'temporary' guests after Katrina helps get some of that scum elected in Houston.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'm sure having all those 'temporary' guests after Katrina helps get some of that scum elected in Houston.

Katrina screwed Texas way worse than Louisiana.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top