Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2013 12:13:26 PM EDT
Accused gun dealer carried loaded assault rifle to street-corner sale, surveillance showsNY Post Story
Like I said I never had any problems buying weapons of any kind in the most strictest and draconian city with gun control

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Prohibitions create these monsters, expect more with the new gun laws. Also expect more full auto guns on the street.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Accused gun dealer carried loaded assault rifle to street-corner sale, surveillance showsNY Post Story
Like I said I never had any problems buying weapons of any kind in the most strictest and draconian city with gun control

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2013/01/25/news/web_photos/sentell_smith--300x300.jpg

Fine, upstanding gentleman who is just trying to make his way in the world.

But... he is smart/ballsy/criminal enough to take advantage of the black market in running guns...  ironically, a market created by draconian laws "designed" to prevent that very such thing.

Yet another case example of why the War on Drugs doesn't work, nor will the War on Guns, or the prohibition era War on Alcohol...  and I'll end with offering up the War on Poverty as yet another analogy.   Bans = high risk = high reward = cartels = turf wars = unconscionable violence literally at the hands of ignorant Federal Elitists who claim to know better.

News Flash:  Bans/Regulations/Fed intervention does nothing but push otherwise sane and reasonable purchases into the violent underworld of black market cartels.

"Hmmm.... yes."
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Proof that ALL gun laws only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Prohibitions create these monsters, expect more with the new gun laws. Also expect more full auto guns on the street.

This.  If it's illegal already, what difference does it make if it's full auto.  These politicians are making a market where there was one before, someone will fill the void.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Has he got any pmags in stock?

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are the best!
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
He is claiming it was entrapment. I don't know anything him but I do know a little about the NYPD, I would give his defense serious consideration.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, if the legal liability is the same for a Lorcin .25 as a homemade Sten, then the homemade Sten makes more sense. Basic game theory.

ETA: It looks like he took mag ban seriously, though

Sentell is caught on surveillance tape tossing the Remington .223-caliber rifle — along with its magazine clip and five rounds

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Where in the FUCK did this guy get $500?!?!?!
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]
wonder if he`s got any chicago typewriters in stock?
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm curious to hear more about this. Is there any plausibly-deniable way you could elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  If it's illegal already, what difference does it make if it's full auto.  These politicians are making a market where there was one before, someone will fill the void.

It has never been about controlling 'crime'...it has always been about controlling you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure that right now someone in China is thinking about how to get a container or two filled with some of the PLA's service issue AK's into the country to take advantage of the market situation.

Somebody tried and one container load got caught shortly after the '94 ban.  But I'll bet there were one or more containers that did slip through back then.  And I'd be willing to bet that it happens again soon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Where in the FUCK did this guy get $500?!?!?!

This. He must be big time.

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#18]
The NY Post is full of faill

This is the face of New York’s gun scourge

in a frightening Manhattan weapons trafficking trial

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Proof that ALL gun laws only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens.

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Sarkis Soghanalian

Made good money doing it
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed

if it's the same time, why stop at just having the gun?  remember what prohibition did for booze?  just made the mob a lot of $$$$, deprived the government of tax revenue, and got lots of people killed for something that in the end..........was not worth it.

Why the people (not the government) do not put their leaders in check when they try these stunts is beyond me.  I don't see how anyone cannot see how prohibition of item x is just as stupid and wrong as prohibition of item y.  

It really just makes no fucking sense, unless you prescribe to the belief that the actual reasons for gun control is not crime prevention.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#24]
The purpose of the War on ________ ( you can fill in the blank with whatever the trendy cause du jour happens to be) is to perpetuate the War, not to actually win anything or gain peace, collateral damage like constitutional rights be damned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Real pumps fan 100s not 20s
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Real pumps fan 100s not 20s

Big pumping?

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious to hear more about this. Is there any plausibly-deniable way you could elaborate?
Back in the 70's-80's you could buy guns from neighborhood gun dealers, you paid a premium, maybe 150% what you would pay a legal gun for. The guns stayed in your house, you would not flash them in a liberal type climate where someone would rat you out. It was your last resort if someone came to rob you or hurt you at home. You had to be vetted, thoroughly checked out before you met the dealer and his wares. There was low end stuff like the Bersas and the Jennings and there was high end stuff like Colt. I bought an Excam 380 which looked like the Bersa. Lots of revolvers, lots of lever action rifles, Ithica pump shotguns which were the norm in those days. The guys who dealt guns to me probably kicked up to the cops or to the mob. The clients were not crooks, and were not black or hispanic. I am sure the bad guys and the crazies had their own dealers. It was different time back then  

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#29]
It was much easier in NYC to get a gun under the table than to get a target pistol permit legally, buy and register the gun. As the middle class has moved out I can also imagine the dealers would move too because of trust issues. FSA types would have to steal guns, not buy them
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Ilegal gun running and manufacture will be a boom industry.

Criminals will have firearms flowing into their hands at bargain basement prices.

Liberals act like firearms manufacture or procurement is some impossible thing once they codify a law. They can't keep metric tons of drugs from coming into the US by the literally truck and boat load.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Guilty gun seller ‘Scarfaces’ 25 yrs.

Story

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't think the Chinese aren't watching this closely
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top