Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:36:45 PM EDT
Chris's funeral will be Monday at Cowboy stadium at 1pm.   Nicest thing Jerry has done in a long time assuming he is not charging the family and for parking.  

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/Chris-Kyle-memorial-cowboys-stadium-arlington-navy-seal-sniper-189933611.html
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a memorial, right?
Not the funeral?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Well at least some good can come to Cowboys Stadium.

RIP brother.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it open to the public? If I was home I would seriously considering making the 4 hour drive to go. That place needs to be packed to the rafters for a true American heo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just a memorial, right?
Not the funeral?

You could have the funeral.

The internment might be tough

RIP
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes I would assume memorial service instead of funeral.   I do believe its open to the public.  

I am planning on taking my sons out of school and going.  Real American hero.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the best story I have read in a while. Really great. This is how our heroes should be treated.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet they fill the stadium.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
This sounds great.  However, be alert to any public notice of the actual funeral and have plenty of decent people go to help prevent that unAmerican church group (Westboro Baptist Church ??) from disrupting the funeral.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This sounds great.  However, be alert to any public notice of the actual funeral and have plenty of decent people go to help prevent that unAmerican church group (cannot remember their name) from disrupting the funeral.

What the hell are you talking about?

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This sounds great.  However, be alert to any public notice of the actual funeral and have plenty of decent people go to help prevent that unAmerican church group (cannot remember their name) from disrupting the funeral.

Westboro.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westboro Baptist

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westboro.

Have they started running their mouths yet?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westboro.

Not sure.  I'm pretty sure that would be the wrong place to picket.  Seals being Seals and all...
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

westboro baptist church

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westboro.

Not sure.  I'm pretty sure that would be the wrong place to picket.  Seals being Seals and all...

i would pay to see it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]

I hope the memorial/service goes as smoothly as one that befits a man of his stature, and is in keeping with what his family wishes.

He's earned his rest now.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Please find a way to keep the anti-war anti gun people across the street an unable to start violence because rest assured that would just made their day..
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont like funerals, but i wish i could go to this one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Wish I could make it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Westboro.

i would pay to see it.

I think it's high time someone taught those fucking cocksuckers some manners. Fuck their first amendment right, they are a cult and have been given free reign to terrorize good people for too god damn long. And yes I know that's exactly what they want. Well, sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]

I would go if I could.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I live close by.  Is this open to the public?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]
RIP I just finished his book a few months ago and I loved it.  I was so shocked when I heard the news.  Death Penalty not insanity plea please.  Fire squad preferably.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#24]
cant WAIT  to see the WBC outpooring for this one.  

RIP Chief
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Jerry finally got something right. 'Bout time.

I hope the place is packed to capacity.

RIP Chris Kyle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#26]
RIP

Good job, JJ
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#27]
WBC would be in for a world of hurt if they try ANYTHING.

I for one would welcome the booking after I crunch that old, tired bible-worshiper's face into the sidewalk.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Time to see if my dress blues still fit. This hero deserves honor. I'll do my part to represent my family. Hopefully my wife will take off school and attend with me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm off on Mondays and I may take my son out of school for this. We went to a Barnes & Noble when Kyle's book was released and my son had his picture taken with him there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jerry finally got something right. 'Bout time.

I hope the place is packed to capacity.

RIP Chris Kyle.

Nothing to add.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Very cool.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope the place is filled with people to honor him!

RIP Chris Kyle, great American hero.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I really wish I could go. It's such a shame. I would've loved to meet the man at SHOT or something one year and just shake his hand and thank him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top