Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2013 9:29:18 AM EDT
I was talking to a girl today who is a major liberal, anti-gun pro-confiscation type. She is pursuing a bachelors degree in "homeland security" and plans to work for them.

Interesting. Seems to be a pattern.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Jack boots are hot on chicks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Because Obama runs it.

Under Bush it was a bunch of jackbooted tyrannical thugs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Because right now at least they control DHS. I would also say that the dhs is all about feelings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Liberals seem to love most government entities until said entity decides to set their sights on them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Becauz they be prezident now!

What?  Degree in homeland security?  Is groping a minor?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
They didn't like it when bush was in office. Just like they didn't like high gas prices.

They love it now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a non-job where you can pretend you're in "Law Enforcement" or "pseudo-military" and tell everyone you meet how hard you are working to "protect America"

from domestic terrorists and what not...

When in fact, it's just another case of "has to be a US citizen affirmative action pointless government agency" with good salary and benefits.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]
If I wanted to trample someone's rights, I'd use homeland security as justification.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Wanna bet she quits the day a republican is president?

In sports they're called "fair weather fans".
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Apparently they offer tons of degrees in Homeland Security

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a military without the military, which they hate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Its their version of the NRA, except the libs dont have too do the dirty work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Because the word "security" makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Because it is their Stasi.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a military without the military, which they hate.

...and with zero chance of getting shot/blown up, having to spend the night outside in bad weather, deploying, or maintaining height/weight standards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently they offer tons of degrees in Homeland Security

You wanna know what kind of job you would excel with a degree like that?

This one...

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because it is their Stasi.

This.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Simply because Obama's in charge of DHS.  Now they love Guantanamo and the war in Afghanistan because Obama runs those too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
They don't.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's a non-job where you can pretend you're in "Law Enforcement" or "pseudo-military" and tell everyone you meet how hard you are working to "protect America"

When in fact, it's just another case of "has to be a US citizen affirmative action pointless government agency" with good salary and benefits.

Is that why some people on Arfcom say, "I work for a gov't agency, but I can't say which one?"

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
ALL the liberal asshats I've ever met are control freaks. They try to hide it by being slovenly and talk about equality but every one of them has a real hard-on to impose their views and beliefs, through force when convenient and necessary, on others. They love to ingratiate themselves and court other empowered liberals and fashion themselves in their image. They seek protection under the umbrella of power elites by committing acts against others and speaking against elite enemies for praise.

School teachers & academics? Controlling minds and actions.

Union? Controlling actions and economics.

Politicians? Controlling everything they possibly can to consolidate their hold on power and control over the lives of others.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Some people want to control, and they are uncomfortable with your freedoms and difference of opinion.  Liberals are usually, weak, insecure and easily manipulated....yet they want control in their lives and YOURs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Real Classy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because Obama runs it.

And it was. Some day people will see that GWB stumped on the COTUS more then BHO has so far.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#26]
A department that seems to have absolute authority, makes up laws as they go, is unquestioned by congress or the media, and has a massive budget.

What part of that would a liberal not love.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Liberals are just arrogant self absorbed entitled fascists.

And a bachelors in homeland security? How many credit hours of heavy petting do you need for that one?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was talking to a girl today who is a major liberal, anti-gun pro-confiscation type. She is pursuing a bachelors degree in "homeland security" and plans to work for them.

Interesting. Seems to be a pattern.

Scumbags of all types like to stick together.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Inside every liberal there is a totalitarian screaming to get out and control other people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Inside every liberal there is a totalitarian screaming to get out and control other people.

Pretty much, "I have a vision for a peaceful and perfect society.  If you don't fall in line I will send someone to fucking kill you."
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizona/files/2010/12/brianterry.jpg

Real Classy.

Well....not even goatse could stretch that far without finding butt hurt, so I understand your feelings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real Classy.

Border Patrol was a legitimate and crucial agency long before The Ministry of Internal Securi... I mean DHS came along.  Logical fallacy by propping up Brian Terry's photo as a representation of DHS is weak, but shows the kind of thought processes we encounter when questioning the framework of tyranny being imposed on us.

DHS does not make the US safer, and makes the US not the US anymore.  Much of the groundwork for DHS was laid down during the Clinton Admin, post-OKC bombing (False Flag), and was being drafted before the OKC bombing.

DHS is the answer to a series of Reichstag fires for America, justifying the final eradication of the 1A, 2A, 4A (Unwarranted searches, seizures), 5A (self-incrimination), 6A (speedy trial in district where alleged crime was committed, informed of the charges, with compulsory witnesses given), 8A (freedom from excessive bail, cruel and unusual punishments, torture), 9A (enumerated rights shall not be construed to deny any rights of the people), 10A (Citizen>State>D.C.).

DHS is the framework of stooges who are already executing the violations of rights of the citizenry on a daily basis, and sucking tax money we simply can't afford to give them to abuse us, while letting untold numbers of real enemies of the US not only permeate our border, but occupy out freaking White House and Pentagon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real Classy.

Border Patrol was a legitimate and crucial agency long before The Ministry of Internal Securi... I mean DHS came along.  Logical fallacy by propping up Brian Terry's photo as a representation of DHS is weak, but shows the kind of thought processes we encounter when questioning the framework of tyranny being imposed on us.

DHS does not make the US safer, and makes the US not the US anymore.  Much of the groundwork for DHS was laid down during the Clinton Admin, post-OKC bombing (False Flag), and was being drafted before the OKC bombing.

DHS is the answer to a series of Reichstag fires for America, justifying the final eradication of the 1A, 2A, 4A (Unwarranted searches, seizures), 5A (self-incrimination), 6A (speedy trial in district where alleged crime was committed, informed of the charges, with compulsory witnesses given), 8A (freedom from excessive bail, cruel and unusual punishments, torture), 9A (enumerated rights shall not be construed to deny any rights of the people), 10A (Citizen>State>D.C.).

DHS is the framework of stooges who are already executing the violations of rights of the citizenry on a daily basis, and sucking tax money we simply can't afford to give them to abuse us, while letting untold numbers of real enemies of the US not only permeate our border, but occupy out freaking White House and Pentagon.

Had 6 TSA/DHS agents standing at the train station I use this morning.

Including one that felt the need to glare at everybody with his hand on his sidearm.

I felt safer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Two words: Government Tit.

That's why.

Unless a Republican is in charge. Then they hate it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck George Bush for signing off on that. Idiot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#36]
It's their messiah.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because Obama runs it.

I've been watching Alias recently and it's interesting to note how anti-Patriot act the writers of the script are.  I totally agree with them on this point, it's just sad that they probably don't realize it was the same government then as now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#38]
President Bush said: "We're fighting ... to secure freedom in the homeland."

liberals aren't the only one's who love the dhs

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
President Bush said: "We're fighting ... to secure freedom in the homeland."

liberals aren't the only one's who love the DHS

To be more accurate: Not all progressives work in the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real Classy.

You forgot 3A which will come into play after the others are gone, but they will put a PC word on it like eminent domain, only instead of paying you they will just shoot you after they take your stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Wait ... you can actually get a degree in "homeland security?"

This shit has gotten out of control.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#42]
obamas SS
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Security Studies in Border and Homeland Security
B.S. in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security

Just to name a few
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.  And might I add...you can't get fired regardless of how fucking stupid you are...as a matter of fact if your
IQ is higher than 90...you are disqualified.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Security Studies in Border and Homeland Security
B.S. in Homeland Security
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security

Just to name a few

Good God.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#46]

DHS has been hoped and changed from the Bush days but dont let that stop ya.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because Obama runs it.

And it was. Some day people will see that GWB stumped on the COTUS more then BHO has so far.

Funny I don't remember Bush killing American citizens with drones or have our daughters molested just to get on a plane. I also don't remember him having people detained for the political beliefs or calling veterans " domestic Terrorist". But hey I'm getting old and the memory maybe slipping. It wasn't Bush who signed the NDAA of 2012 which allows the indefinite detainment of American citizens on American soil????????????? Just me but I think you're wrong.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because Obama runs it.

Funny I don't remember Bush killing American citizens with drones or have our daughters molested just to get on a plane. I also don't remember him having people detained for the political beliefs or calling veterans " domestic Terrorist". But hey I'm getting old and the memory maybe slipping. It wasn't Bush who signed the NDAA of 2012 which allows the indefinite detainment of American citizens on American soil????????????? Just me but I think you're wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments here regarding Obama vs Bush misuses but all of those were easily foreseeable end-states of the programs started under Bush.

Not only were they foreseen, they were voiced.  Like all big government types, no matter the party, he rejected those concerns.  Of course it isn't ALL Bush's fault, but yeah it's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Because Obama runs it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck George Bush for signing off on that. Idiot.

this.

DHS = Schutzstaffel
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top