Page / 3
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:54:44 AM EDT
Wasn't this guy here at one point?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually came off intelligent...
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Watching it now. He's actually doing a decent job.
His reception on this forum was not very pleasant though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Is he wearing a pink suit and hat?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Double tap

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Not bad, basically said what I've been saying for years

His intro here had all the grace of a frat boy going to Compton to score a "marywanna cigarette" though
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Double tap

Bwahahaa! Well played. Edit: quoted the wrong tap...
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Dan, will you be on the Piers Morgan show? If so, will you tow the same line as you did on Fox?

Also, did you jump on Arfcom direct from the Fox headquarters???
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have corrosponded with him. He has hinted at storage requirements but is more pro-gun then I would ever suspect a New Yorker columnist of being. He wrote a book a few years ago endorsed by Ayoob will read it next.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, we ran him off with torches and pitchforks when he asked basically "how would you hide/bury a gun".
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#13]
What's going on in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dan, will you be on the Piers Morgan show? If so, will you tow the same line as you did on Fox?

Like a pile of shit I have a thousand eyes and always here.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL.  This thread delivers!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is an interview with Dan Baum posted today. I  think he is about as pro-gun as a self identified democrat can be.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/what-liberals-need-to-understand-about-gun-guys/273736/

What do you think Democrats should know about the average gun guy?
I think they should know how much self-esteem gun guys derive from their guns, how patriotic they feel. And lawmakers need to stop thinking that the NRA represents gun owners, because only 4 percent of gun owners belong to the NRA. They need to think of gun owners as rational responsible people who genuinely care about gun violence and would like to be helpful.

These are precisely the kind of people the Democratic Party says it exists to serve. Over and over, people I met on my trip would say, "I don't get it. Democrats are the party of the working man. How can the Democrats do this?" They feel so alienated that they won't listen to the Democrats on climate change or health care or immigration or anything else. As a Democrat, it broke my heart to hear this over and over and over again. These are our guys. These are our people, and they hate us. We take this anti-gun position and we're giving these people away, and we're getting nothing in exchange. We are not making the country safer.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

he is.  and though he's an arch-liberal on most political topics, he's very pro-gun.  

i gave phone, email, and in-person interviews for the book, mostly dealing with the preparedness aspect.  i was originally somewhat suspicious, but came away from it comfortable that he was representing himself honestly.  disappointingly, my stuff wasn't included.

he was...uncharitable...towards arfcom, which is completely understandable given his treatment by the membership here.

[edit: his description of arfcom starts on p. 191]

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That will happen if you have been a "self described liberal who supports Sarah Brady"

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will happen if you have been a "self described liberal who supports Sarah Brady"

In my opinion he talks out both sides of his mouth. But the beauty of this is that he gets to be the go to liberal gun guy who gets interviewed by all the other liberal reporters.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is an interview with Dan Baum posted today. I  think he is about as pro-gun as a self identified democrat can be.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/what-liberals-need-to-understand-about-gun-guys/273736/

I think they should know how much self-esteem gun guys derive from their guns, how patriotic they feel. And lawmakers need to stop thinking that the NRA represents gun owners, because only 4 percent of gun owners belong to the NRA. They need to think of gun owners as rational responsible people who genuinely care about gun violence and would like to be helpful.

These are precisely the kind of people the Democratic Party says it exists to serve. Over and over, people I met on my trip would say, "I don't get it. Democrats are the party of the working man. How can the Democrats do this?" They feel so alienated that they won't listen to the Democrats on climate change or health care or immigration or anything else. As a Democrat, it broke my heart to hear this over and over and over again. These are our guys. These are our people, and they hate us. We take this anti-gun position and we're giving these people away, and we're getting nothing in exchange. We are not making the country safer.

So he's making an implication that if your a gun owning NRA member then you may not be a rational gun owner, but instead a knuckle dragging non thinking man's gun owner who dosen't care about gun violence , or the children ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

he is.  and though he's an arch-liberal on most political topics, he's very pro-gun.    

i gave phone, email, and in-person interviews for the book, mostly dealing with the preparedness aspect.  i was originally somewhat suspicious, but came away from it comfortable that he was representing himself honestly.  disappointingly, my stuff wasn't included.

he was...uncharitable...towards arfcom, which is completely understandable given his treatment by the membership here.

Understandable? Hm. How bad is our characterization? Hostile paranoid white dudes?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually he came off like a fucking douche when he stopped by here. Insulting the membership with the same old tired stereotypes that libtards attach to Republicans. Seriously, how intelligent can one be if he can't come up with something original?

I don't remember this so called "pro-gun" side of him either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Dan Baum talking guns on Fox. Now

Who?

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've heard it said, if the Democratic party would embrace the Second Amendment, they would never lose another election. I don't know how true that is, but seeing dumbo elected twice in a row, it can't be too far off the mark.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never heard of a pile of crap having eyes, but okay...

I remembered your name from the thread a couple years back... I can't escape the thought that if you'd entered the discussion in a slightly different tone you'd have had a more positive experience.

You must admit, your political associations do have a history of removing "gun guys'" means to self defense...
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who?

You're new here. Someone posted a link to the archived thread, check it out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?

I was being a smartass.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#29]
A liberal who happens to like guns is still an enemy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remembered your name from the thread a couple years back... I can't escape the thought that if you'd entered the discussion in a slightly different tone you'd have had a more positive experience.

You must admit, your political associations do have a history of removing "gun guys'" means to self defense...

That isn't the real Dan Baum you are quoting.  that is someones troll account that they set up when the real Dan joined.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really got the wrong Baum.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

He is no friend of Republicans, his biggest complaint isn't about the democrats infringing on individual rights, it's that the DNC is driving away potential voters.

~climate change is a scam

~nationalized healthcare is a scam

eta ad nauseum.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Understandable? Hm. How bad is our characterization? Hostile paranoid white dudes?

no, just assholes.  a bunch of name-callers who were disrespectful to his wife and daughter--that sort of thing.  which is mostly true.  he mentions a couple of posters by name in the notes.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually he came off like a fucking douche when he stopped by here. Insulting the membership with the same old tired stereotypes that libtards attach to Republicans. Seriously, how intelligent can one be if he can't come up with something original?  

that's because very few people actually took the time to interact with him before making up their minds and insulting him.  the insults directed at him start on p1 of that thread.  him not liking being called a fool, idiot, and troll in response to a simple question is quite understandable.

the membership here behaved very badly, period.  bad manners are bad manners.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?

I was being a smartass.

D'OH!
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really got the wrong Baum.

says the guy with that user name and Dan Baum's picture in his avatar.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't the real Dan Baum you are quoting.  that is someones troll account that they set up when the real Dan joined.

Join date check
100% feedback check

Yep I troll.

You are right about one thing, I am not Dan Baum.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's because very few people actually took the time to interact with him before making up their minds and insulting him.  the insults directed at him start on p1 of that thread.  him not liking being called a fool, idiot, and troll in response to a simple question is quite understandable.  

the membership here behaved very badly, period.  bad manners are bad manners.

Fuck him. His lifetime of voting for legislators who, more likely than not, want to see me disarmed and at their mercy qualifies as "bad manners" too. He IS an idiot, a fool, a democrat.

What makes any of you think he is pro-gun? His position in the above quote wasn't about protecting gun rights, it was about convincing more voters to come to the Democrat side by adopting a softer approach on the gun issue. That is "genuine" to you?

Fuck him and all his left wing buddies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date check
100% feedback check

Yep I troll.

You are right about one thing, I am not Dan Baum.

Paging Norcal LEO
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we ran him off with torches and pitchforks when he asked basically "how would you hide/bury a gun".

More his demeanor than anything else.  Within 2 posts I was wondering "Who the fuck is this guy?"

I think he may have assumed that GD was a bunch of half-literate rednecks, which wouldn't be totally false on some days, but he then proceeded to incorrectly assume that we wouldn't immediately sniff him out for "not one of us" and clue in to the fact that we were being data-mined.

"Just cuz Ah'm cuntry don't mean Ah'm stoopid"
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#45]
If you tell me you are pro-gun but hate the NRA because they are too extreme, I just automatically classify you as so fucking ignorant you need to be told to breathe or a douchebag (or both).  So far I haven't had cause to reevaulate that decision.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#46]
He's just another one of the "I'm pro-gun but I support an assault weapons ban" morons.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Yes.

Damn if Fidel, Saddam, and Adolf didn't like thier guns...do the math.
Conneticutt is fucked, because idjits think Liberals who like guns aren't a problem.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

was time travel involved in creating the troll account?

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck you paranoid redneck cocksuckers, let's be gentlemen here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Fuck you paranoid redneck cocksuckers, let's be gentlemen here.

lol, so intelligent.

Dan Baum is my hero. He gets me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top