Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2013 7:23:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  How did you take the pounds off?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!  I bet your back and knees feel better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]

No questions. Good work man, very good work.

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Good job!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#7]
That is pretty impressive weight loss. Congrats.

Are you selling a product here though?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you lifting weights?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Well done!  

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
That's impressive. Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
what is your diet ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is pretty impressive weight loss. Congrats.

Are you selling a product here though?

Ahhh, that could be tricky.  I will remove the link in my 2nd post.  Good call.

I've been busting my ass to lose weight too, it is definitely a battle. Hopefully we can both keep it off.

Light beer though!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome! Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats.

I lost 40 lbs since Thanksgiving. It was due to bronchitis, pneumonia, cap on front tooth had to come off and redo the root canal. A week later the tooth broke off below the gum line. They put a tempory brigde on. Nothing tasted right and food was lodged in above the bridge. I could only eat semi liquid foods.

I ate lots of soups and yogurt. Some sandwiches but once the food lodged above the bridge I stopped eating. A meal became 2 or 3 meals.

I now have the permanent bridge in. It has a semi void in the back along the gum. If it gets fiber type food lodged in there. Meals over.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#19]
BTW. You have that Alfred Hitchcock profile

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice job man.  Keep at it!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Good job!  Impressive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#22]
My first thought was--you got a divorce?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you lifting weights?

I do the weight machines at the gym a couple times a week.  My boss is a physical therapist and he showed me some exercises that I am starting to do to strengthen my core.

Yeah... You need to hit the weights hard now. Its time to get serious. Adding muscle to your body is the best way to tighten up all the lose skin you have from weight loss.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I too lost about 100 pounds on the program and the program works very well.

However, after being off the program and despite still eating very controlled and limited foods, (NONE of the plan food but still stay away from plan restricted foods) that my weight is creeping back little by little each month. I always figured that I would put on 20lbs from rebound but have gone 15 over that....so right now my net rebound is 35 pounds and climbing.

It is actually pushing my brain to say...."why bother"?!?!?   I mean I cannot live off their plan food forever (cost alone is too much) but if I am going to continue to gain weight by not staying in Ketosis, then why not go back and eat pizza, and bread, and drink alcohol.  I know the plan has a history of people coming off having huge weight gains from the rebound..... Right now I am on the 50/50 fence......go back on the plan food and knock of the 35, plus like 35 more (to rebound back to where I want to be), or just go back to being able to eat like a normal person.

So my question would be, being that you took the health coach plunge, is what is your best advise to combat this?

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Where in Ohio are you located? Also did you set a goal weight, or just decide to start losing weight until you were happy?
I'm 6'5" and was 350lbs on the dot on 1/1/13, as of this morning I weighed in at 325lbs. I do a lot of cardio, I was doing some light lifting but the doctor was worried about a mole on my back and I had that removed so I can't lift until it heals up, I tried and it just caused it to start bleeding, also I had a pretty nasty sinus infection for about a week so I couldn't exercise and I didn't really stick to my calorie count, figuring I needed the food to get better. I still managed to lose a pound that week so I'm happy. Been back in the gym a few days now and can't wait to start lifting again
Also, awesome job, you are an inspiration, along with sgocka, his success is what got me off my butt and motivated, and now the results I see are what are keeping me motivated

eta: I have some severe GI issues that keep my diet very restricted, so I just count calories and exercise, I'm not on a "diet" (verb). I've made a lifestyle change along with changing my diet(noun)

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, after being off the program and despite still eating very controlled and limited foods, (NONE of the plan food but still stay away from plan restricted foods) that my weight is creeping back little by little each month. I always figured that I would put on 20lbs from rebound but have gone 15 over that....so right now my net rebound is 35 pounds and climbing.

It is actually pushing my brain to say...."why bother"?!?!?   I mean I cannot live off their plan food forever (cost alone is too much) but if I am going to continue to gain weight by not staying in Ketosis, then why not go back and eat pizza, and bread, and drink alcohol.  I know the plan has a history of people coming off having huge weight gains from the rebound..... Right now I am on the 50/50 fence......go back on the plan food and knock of the 35, plus like 35 more (to rebound back to where I want to be), or just go back to being able to eat like a normal person.

So my question would be, being that you took the health coach plunge, is what is your best advise to combat this?

I would eat 3 of the TSFL meals a day and 3 regular healthy meals.  Do these 6 meals every 2-3 hours.  Did you have a health coach at the time?

I dropped my coaches as I found them to be annoying as #$%^ by wanting to do nothing more than sell me books......and flood my inbox with SPAM.

Here I was at my peak on both sides (start and end on plan) so you can see I am not pulling your leg

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would eat 3 of the TSFL meals a day and 3 regular healthy meals.  Do these 6 meals every 2-3 hours.  Did you have a health coach at the time?

I dropped my coaches as I found them to be annoying as #$%^ by wanting to do nothing more than sell me books......and flood my inbox with SPAM.

Here I was at my peak on both sides (start and end on plan) so you can see I am not pulling your leg

http://bowfreakz.com/misc/photos/jw1.png

http://bowfreakz.com/misc/photos/jw2.png

Nice job!  I don't ever try to sell my clients books, etc.  I just help them place their order and check in with them weekly.  Keep that after image in your mind and set that as your goal again

Thanks, like you, I never felt better (at least not in a long, long time).  I went off ALL meds for BP and my "labs" have never been better.  

So would you suggest the regular plan foods for the 3, or the maintenance stuff?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Congrats! Not many people can do what you have done. VERY few can do it in that amount of time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Good work.

There is a guy here from CT that did something very similar.  Very motivational.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I lost 100 lbs 3 years ago. I created my own diet which was very similar to the mediterranean diet. Went from 280 to 180 (my ultimate goal), but I am now eating and drinking anything I want (almost ate a whole large pizza last night :D)

I have kept it off simply by making a complete lifestyle change when I began. I go to pickup games, cycle on weekends, hiking and other FUN things.. The gym is only to lift a few times a week, but I can't do anything else there cause its like a damn chore to me.

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Ohio are you located? Also did you set a goal weight, or just decide to start losing weight until you were happy?

I'm 6'5" and was 350lbs on the dot on 1/1/13, as of this morning I weighed in at 325lbs. I do a lot of cardio, I was doing some light lifting but the doctor was worried about a mole on my back and I had that removed so I can't lift until it heals up, I tried and it just caused it to start bleeding, also I had a pretty nasty sinus infection for about a week so I couldn't exercise and I didn't really stick to my calorie count, figuring I needed the food to get better. I still managed to lose a pound that week so I'm happy. Been back in the gym a few days now and can't wait to start lifting again

Also, awesome job, you are an inspiration, along with sgocka, his success is what got me off my butt and motivated, and now the results I see are what are keeping me motivated  

eta: I have some severe GI issues that keep my diet very restricted, so I just count calories and exercise, I'm not on a "diet" (verb). I've made a lifestyle change along with changing my diet(noun)

I am in Cincinnati.  I have clients from all over the US though.  I coach people over the phone.  My goal is to be in the normal weight category which is only 2cm more from around my waist.  Keep up the good work!

ahh, I'm in Cleveland, might as well be a different state, heh. I've set myself a series of goals, certain weight by such and such day, 300 by my birthday, 280 by my friends wedding, then the jerk goes and moves his wedding up to before my birthday. So I'll have to work extra hard to get to 280 then I can gain 20lbs by my birthday When I hit those goals I will reevaluate. I'd love to get down to where you are, but I don't know how realistic of a goal that is for me. I'm 6'5 like you but my inseam is 30-32". Not saying I will let that stop me, I'm aiming for about 230 or so, but as I get closer I will reevaluate what is a realistic goal for me. I don't much care for the final weight, I just want to look good naked and never have another serious issue with my guts.

My highest I was 380, but the GI issues I mentioned took care of that and I lost almost 100 lbs in about 4 months, too sick to get out of bed, there were times when I wouldn't eat for 4-7 days at a time, and a couple 10 day stretches in there, since not eating for about 3 days was the only way to stop the pain I was in, even taking large doses of pain killers, so once the pain went away I wouldn't eat because it felt so good to not be in agony 24/7. As you could imagine that killed my gall bladder. This GI thing has almost killed me twice, I won't let there be a third

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats OP...it feels good to get it off and keep it off
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Good work.

There is a guy here from CT that did something very similar.  Very motivational.

He's posted in this thread already

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Do ya still have man tits?

Congrats man, great job.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I've gotta get with the program...
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm your new coach.  Fiirst thing you need to understand is that what you think normal people eat isn't what normal people who want to live normal healthy lives eat.  Sure we all know people that eat crap 2 meals per day and nothing else, and don't gain any weight.  I even can say I was in that category many years ago.

Here's your new plan:
Breakfast:  Eat 2 eggs and some turkey sausage or some fruit and yogurt 7 days a week.
Morning snack:  Eat a banana or some berries.
Lunch:  Eat a serving of protein and a bunch of vegetables (salad, steamed veggies, whatever...don't cover them with cheese no white potatoes...eat enough to fille you up).
Afternoon snack:  Eat a piece of fruit or some carrot sticks or a small pack of nuts (not peanuts)
Dinner:  Eat a serving of protein and a bunch of vegetables (salad, steamed veggies, whatever...don't cover them with cheese and no white potatoes...eat enough to fill you up).
Evening snack:  Eat an orange, apple, some berries or some dried fruit.

Cheating:  Cheat a couple meals per week, but be conscious of what/how much you are eating and of how it will affect the hard work you've done the rest of the week.

Exercise every day - cardio, weights, work in your garden, dig holes in your yard, whatever.

This is how YOU live a normal life.  If that's what you want, do it.  You don't need any proprietary shakes to maintain what you've earned.  

I've lost 44 pounds since June last year with this plan.  It would have been more, but I started having some heart issues in August, that hindered me psychologically, and the cardiologist put the kabash on my exercise program for a few months.  You should be proud of what you've done so far.  Keep it up, it has to be worth it, don't you think?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#44]
How hard was it to loose the last 10-15 pounds?  In in the home stretch & busting my ass in the gym, any tips?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well done!  

your still a post whore heavy weight now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Congrats! Now time to add some muscle mass. I did the same thing as you (60 lbs weight loss) and looked skinny fat after the weight loss.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice job.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Great job
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#49]
What happens to all the excess skin?

Did it pop back into place due to youth or do you have to have surgery?
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#50]
OK, here are a few questions...

1) Do you ever add anything to the TSFL meals? For example, adding cut up a few mushrooms or broccoli and adding to the TSFL soup meals.
2) Are you ever NOT hungry on the TSFL diet?
3) How much income per month do you make as a TSFL health coach?
4) How much has your customer base grown since you became a TSFL health coach?
5) Do you plan to work towards being a TSFL health coach full time or just as a part time, extra income job?
6) How do you advertise, only through the TSFL pre-made website or with your own website?
7) What else do you do for advertising, direct mail, web forums or other types of marketing?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top