Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want legit, go here

http://tnvc.com/
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well the cheapest I can find is $275 on amazon (if that isn't legit I don't know what is). I looked on opscore and they only sell mounting systems, cushions, straps, etc. Botach is asking $500 and they only have large.

Then go to your closest surplus store/pawn shop and buy an old "steel pot".  You can buy them cheap.  That will more than serve you for your stated intent.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any item that was procured into the .mil supply system and was not formally disposed of as surplus through DRMO (or other systems) is government property.

No individual has a legal right to sell or buy government property.

No MREs that were .mil have ever been released for private sale.  None.  None ever will be.  

Are there MREs (and like items) that have never been .mil?  Yes.

Again.... People need to use simple common sense.  Buying items online that might be government property is stupid.  If it smells fishy walk away.  If you don't then you are part of the problem and have only yourself to blame should the man decide that he's tired of his shit being stolen and (BEST case) comes and takes it back from you.

So you are telling me that when I went on an exercise and they took away my BAS or made me pay cash for the MREs I got, any that were left over that I didn't eat were still .mil property?  Not buying that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any item that was procured into the .mil supply system and was not formally disposed of as surplus through DRMO (or other systems) is government property.

No MREs that were .mil have ever been released for private sale.  None.  None ever will be.  

Again.... People need to use simple common sense.  Buying items online that might be government property is stupid.  If it smells fishy walk away.  If you don't then you are part of the problem and have only yourself to blame should the man decide that he's tired of his shit being stolen and (BEST case) comes and takes it back from you.

So you are telling me that when I went on an exercise and they took away my BAS or made me pay cash for the MREs I got, any that were left over that I didn't eat were still .mil property?  Not buying that.

Yes.  I am telling you that because it is a fact.  You don't have to "buy" it.  And since you actually think you "paid cash" for those MREs you were issued, I don't expect that you will.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well the cheapest I can find is $275 on amazon (if that isn't legit I don't know what is). I looked on opscore and they only sell mounting systems, cushions, straps, etc. Botach is asking $500 and they only have large.

Wow that's lame. They had them for 199 relatively recently. I'd be patient and keep poking around. You'll score a good deal relatively quickly. Unless you need it ASAP there is no point buying some suspect off brand or getting screwed on the price.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I am telling you that because it is a fact.  You don't have to "buy" it.  And since you actually think you "paid cash" for those MREs you were issued, I don't expect that you will.

And the singles you can sometimes buy in the PX/commissary?

Disclaimer: Not personal experience, just what I have been told by folks here in the .mil.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm here in Clarksville and could check it out for you if you like....Home of Ft Campbell and the 101st so most likely a soldier. However there are alot of pawn shops that have them and if you look here..www.campbellyardsales.com under military stuff you will fins all sorts of questionable items.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes you can by singles here at the commissary on Ft Campbell
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the price is too good and the seller's zip code is 28307 I'd skip it.

Is $200 for a brand new ACH from Clarkesville Tn too good?

That's Fort Campbell territory. It may not be stolen, but I'll bet the seller "found" it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#10]

$175 near an Army base.  Legit?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#11]

No such thing as an Army base, so sure, why not.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No such thing as an Army base, so sure, why not.

So what is the name of the day, Fort?

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
There's a big orange button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Click it, the scroll down to mil-spec clothing and gear.

That's where you will find the best deal on an ACH.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then go to your closest surplus store/pawn shop and buy an old "steel pot".  You can buy them cheap.  That will more than serve you for your stated intent.

Damn, man. That sounds like something Uncle Joe would say.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dont buy that junk.

Get a fancy Ops Core or Airframe.

Gear snob it up a notch.

I gotta wait for my OT check from the FEMA cattle car loading op to come in before I can afford that stuff
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Be cautious, there are a few lots of MICH/ACH that were recalled.

You can find brand new RBR or Rabinex MICH. Gunfighter and TC2001 cut helmets for around $200 with a warranty.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Be cautious, there are a few lots of MICH/ACH that were recalled.

You can find brand new RBR or Rabinex MICH. Gunfighter and TC2001 cut helmets for around $200 with a warranty.

Where? And they aren't stolen are they?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remove cover and Manufactures sticker and what are you left with?  I'll let you answer that.

A locked account for CoC 4?

Really?  How about you read some of his other posts on the subject?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where I can buy an ACH that hasn't been stolen for $200 or less? It's the last thing I need to feel safe when the tornado sirens go off.

I just gave mine away recently to an leo pal of mine for use with his 7 bravos
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#23]
You need a military or LEO ID in order to purchase a helmet
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  Body armor is legal in most states.  Some states require a permit.  So do your homework before you buy it.

How do I know the soldier or Marine selling it didn't steal it?

How do you know any item you buy off of eBay isn't stolen?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Best is craigslist, post on a vpn and meet in person, have someone in the parking lot to transfer it to and park somewhere else.

Don't forget to have your sniper with a scoped G-3 on the rooftop of the projection house and a back up at the entrance gate with a Benelli M-3
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dont buy that junk.

Get a fancy Ops Core or Airframe.

Gear snob it up a notch.

Truth:  This man speaks it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#27]
meh....get an IBH
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  Body armor is legal in most states.  Some states require a permit.  So do your homework before you buy it.

How do I know the soldier or Marine selling it didn't steal it?

You'll know when the FBI, CID, or NCIS show up at the door.  

My buddy bought a PVS-14 off ebay and has OSI show up at his door. "Did you purchase a PVS-14 night vision device on ebay?" "Nope." Slammed the door in their faces and never heard from them again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Disclaimer: Not personal experience, just what I have been told by folks here in the .mil.

Those singles that someone with commissary privileges can purchase in the commissary are different because:

A) That is not a unrestricted private sale.

B)  You can't resell them.  Just like you can't resell any unopened, unused item purchased in the commissary.

You can eat them.  You can store them. You can throw them away if you like but it is illegal to resell them.

Now, does anyone really give a shit about a few single individual MREs?  Of course not but that doesn't make it legal.

If you're talking about sealed .mil cases that's a bigger, harder to explain if you get caught, issue.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes you can by singles here at the commissary on Ft Campbell

And I've seen them by the case at various commissaries over the years.  In fact some of my earthquake supplies are cases of MREs.  Which reminds me to check the dates on some of those.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those singles that someone with commissary privileges can purchase in the commissary are different because:

A) That is not a unrestricted private sale.

B)  You can't resell them.  Just like you can't resell any unopened, unused item purchased in the commissary.

You can eat them.  You can store them. You can throw them away if you like but it is illegal to resell them.

Now, does anyone really give a shit about a few single individual MREs?  Of course not but that doesn't make it legal.

If you're talking about sealed .mil cases that's a bigger, harder to explain if you get caught, issue.

Kind of reminds me of when I went on active duty and 8 months later got stationed 27 miles from (join the Navy and see the world, HAH!!) the flocks of people asking if I could get them tax free cigarettes or tax-free hooch or some asking for both.  But I'll pay for it, even worse.  Well I wans't going to provide for free and I sure as hell wasn't going to re-sell.  Not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#32]
If you enjoy wearing Bullshit on your head, then buy it..otherwise..Pass...
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd rather have this one

and live out my DEVGRU fantasy on Black Ops, or this one

and call myself Iceman, while driving fast and singing Highway to the Dangerzone.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You need a military or LEO ID in order to purchase a helmet

No you don't.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#36]
MICH/ACH isnt too bad . Also don't be a felon with any kind of armor. That's illegal, as if 90 others haven't stated this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top