Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2013 1:59:13 PM EDT
Here's the Just Right Carbine in .45 acp I recently got.  I bought it lightly used from Gunbroker, though I wish I'd moved on one before the recent craziness started (prices went up, of course).  It's an early version, and had some teething pains.  JRC kindly honored the warranty on the firearm, providing the latest versions of the buffer tube extension, buffer, bolt and mag well.  The gun had feed and eject problems; since the replacement of the aforementioned items, it has run like a clock.  I am happy with it, quite so.  I have added some cheapo BUIS, along with a Magpul AFG, flashlight, singlepoint sling and the Barska GLX green laser that came with the gun.  It came with two 10 rd mags from NY, along with a pinned stock.  I got some 13 rd Glock 21 mags, along with a 27 rd extended mag.  I have also unpinned the stock.  The gun handles nicely and is hella accurate at social distances.

The last pic shows the tri-flatted barrel.  Not sure if later versions still have it, it's claimed to reduce harmonics or some such.  Old timers may recall that Mossberg messed with a similar set up.  Newer versions are available with a threaded barrel for adding a muzzle device or suppressor.  Nice thought, maybe down the road... I may dress up the gun some more, changing the stock perhaps, and adding a red dot; it also came with a cheapo Cabela's red dot, which works, but I'm not using for now.  I mentioned the GLX laser in another recent thread, it's actually a decent piece of kit for what it is.  The gun is set up for HD use, I may just keep the flashlight on it.  The AFG really adds to the gun's handling.  I'm a southpaw, the laser's shuttle switch and the flashlight's tail switch fall readily to hand.  Anyway, there ya go.  Flame away.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
How's the recoil?
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How's the recoil?

It is a blowback action, and the new buffer is heavier than the original.  It has some recoil, but isn't bad--maybe comparable to an M4's.

I forgot to post JR's website:

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/

Lots of info and videos at the site.  They also make the gun in 9mm and .40 S&W.  Reading around, the .45 is the one that had teething pains, the 9mm and .40 were good to go from the start.  I wouldn't mind having one in 9mm as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
one in .45 or 9mm is on my buy list once the crazyness ends.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I got to talk on the phone with Tom Fargnoli of JRC, who's seen in the videos at their site.  He is a great guy, very nice and fun to talk to.  JRC is based in NY, they're doing land sale business but are facing NY's draconian gun laws.  Pity.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump for the night crew.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Is then upper receiver plastic?
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Here we go with the "piece of kit" thing again...
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is then upper receiver plastic?

Aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here we go with the "piece of kit" thing again...

Hey, $87, sorry if it's not tier one enough for you.  Actually, I made a point of trying to stay cheap on the gun--the sling's a cheapo from Amazon, the flip up sights are UTG (and they work just fine, tyvm), the flashlight is a Streamlight Polytac, the pic clamp is also generic.  The AFG is Magpul of course, got it all via Amazon.  Bite me.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the 45acp AR's.

I've got an MGI (blowback), and also a gas operated Ron Williams on a CNC Gunsmithing AR45 lower.  Both use grease gun magazines, and are nice shooters.  I put 45 Super through the MGI...  230gr handloaded XTP's past 1400fps.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love the 45acp AR's.

I've got an MGI (blowback), and also a gas operated Ron Williams on a CNC Gunsmithing AR45 lower.  Both use grease gun magazines, and are nice shooters.  I put 45 Super through the MGI...  230gr handloaded XTP's past 1400fps.

Have you ever used Enforcer?  They had a load (this is years ago) that would do 1050 or so out of a 5" barrel at standard .45 ACP pressures and more from a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the 45acp AR's.

Have you ever used Enforcer?  They had a load (this is years ago) that would do 1050 or so out of a 5" barrel at standard .45 ACP pressures and more from a longer barrel.

I have two pounds of Enforcer, but haven't worked up loads yet.  Right now, I'm using Power Pistol.

When I started messing around with 45 Super, all I had that would perform good was HS6, then I discovered Power Pistol.  I started digging around the net, and some of the bound material and found that people were using Blue Dot.  Was about to go the Blue Dot route, but then started digging deeper and looking at burn charts and such.  Ramshot Enforcer looked promising, it doesn't get as antsy up top like the Powder Pistol, and it looks like it will use more of my barrel length (14.5").

The 45 Super tests I was doing began to veer away from the rifles as I began modding a Springfield XD for the cartridge.  I've stuck with the Power Pistol for now, as it also works great out of the 5.71" Storm Lake barrel in my XD....damn the recoil, though.

Hopefully I can get around to working up the Enforcer loads for the rifles this year.

Here's the 45 Super XD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to have a Dmax .45 that was fun.  Shouldn't have sold it.  Get ready to hear "what do you need that thing for?"
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the 45acp AR's.

I have two pounds of Enforcer, but haven't worked up loads yet.  Right now, I'm using Power Pistol.

When I started messing around with 45 Super, all I had that would perform good was HS6, then I discovered Power Pistol.  I started digging around the net, and some of the bound material and found that people were using Blue Dot.  Was about to go the Blue Dot route, but then started digging deeper and looking at burn charts and such.  Ramshot Enforcer looked promising, it doesn't get as antsy up top like the Powder Pistol, and it looks like it will use more of my barrel length (14.5").

The 45 Super tests I was doing began to veer away from the rifles as I began modding a Springfield XD for the cartridge.  I've stuck with the Power Pistol for now, as it also works great out of the 5.71" Storm Lake barrel in my XD....damn the recoil, though.

Hopefully I can get around to working up the Enforcer loads for the rifles this year.

Here's the 45 Super XD.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/45XDsuper.jpg

Enforcer is wonderful in the longer barrels.
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I used to have a Dmax .45 that was fun.  Shouldn't have sold it.  Get ready to hear "what do you need that thing for?"

That's a good question.

I saw the newer version of that gun at the gun counter at the local Air Force base PX today...  Its cool, but what does it do that an M4ish carbine doesn't do better?
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Update: I picked up a new 9mm JR carbine to keep the .45 company.  New JRs were going for $1,000+ a few months ago, at the height of the craziness.  I got this one NIB off Gunbroker for $679 plus shipping, so maybe the panic buying/selling is over.  I cleaned and lubed it today, put a red dot on it for now, then took it shooting tonight, along with the .45.  After a couple of FTE stovepipes on the first magazine, the gun ran without issue.  It makes one ragged hole in the targets with a full magazine.  It is very pleasant to shoot.  I like it.  

I'd take pics, but it looks pretty much like the .45 above.  It does not have the tri-flatted barrel, but does have a threaded muzzle with cap.  Thinking hard about getting a suppressor for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top