Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2013 1:58:13 AM EDT
New model claims 47 mpg.

Discuss.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Reviews have it averaging a bit less than 47.  Damn sexy car, tho!
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Reviews have it averaging a bit less than 47.  Damn sexy car, tho!

I'm REALLY thinking about selling my truck and buying a loaded one!

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Aren't Hybrids really expensive to fix though?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aren't Hybrids really expensive to fix though?

Warranties are awesome things.  Ford licenses Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive, which has more than a decade of reliable service. As far as how difficult they are to repair... they're probably no more difficult than other modern vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 12 for company car and get about 40 ish mpg. Decent car that drives nice. Unsure of the durability as it only has 24k on it. No problems yet. Still think I would buy a Camry if I was paying for it though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a 12 for company car and get about 40 ish mpg. Decent car that drives nice. Unsure of the durability as it only has 24k on it. No problems yet. Still think I would buy a Camry if I was paying for it though.

Look at the 2013 model.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the 2013 model.

Does it look like a Jag?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the 2013 model.

Does it look like a Jag?

More like Aston Martin.  Since Ford did own Aston Martin, it makes sense.

I'd be tempted to look at a Fusion Hybrid next year, but I'm not a huge fan of sedans. I may check out the Focus hatchback... maybe the ST... I want something more fun to drive, but that still has some room in the back, and can get decent mileage (30s highway).  Hyundai Veloster Turbo is on the short list.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the 2013 model.

Does it look like a Jag?

I'd be tempted to look at a Fusion Hybrid next year, but I'm not a huge fan of sedans. I may check out the Focus hatchback... maybe the ST... I want something more fun to drive, but that still has some room in the back, and can get decent mileage (30s highway).  Hyundai Veloster Turbo is on the short list.

They owned both. And Land Rover.

ETA: The Fusion looks a lot like an XJ to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:02:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Sister has the Fusion (non-hybrid.)

I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New model claims 47 mpg.

Discuss.

Too damn slow.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the 2013 model.

Does it look like a Jag?

I wish the car makers would bring back Station wagons. In Europe the Fusion is called the Mondeo.

Why won't Ford sell this here?

Only European auto makers make wagons.ie Audi, BMW, Volkswagen. Everyone else forces you to buy their SUV or Crossover.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#13]
The C-MAX Hybrid is Ford's entry in the Wagon segment.

Personally, I with they would put the Fusion Hybrid Powertrain into the Transit Connect.  That would be a nice vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top