Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 2:49:01 AM EDT
The end of an era!

To think that the economy has brought some men, some fathers to THIS!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
("Thank Heaven, for little girls........................,"--guest host Hugh Hefner, (w,stte), "SNL")
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
[comment expired]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Playboy became irrelevant when people realized what the internet was for.

Just about any picture in Playboy, I can find on the internet somewhere and in high-res.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Playboy became irrelevant when people realized what the internet was for.

Just about any picture in Playboy, I can find on the internet somewhere and in high-res.

View Quote

Yup.  I'm sure there are high res torrent packs out there of every issue gathered into one easy download.  Enough fapping potential to last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
What exactly were you searching for that brought you to this?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What exactly were you searching for that brought you to this?
View Quote

I was arms shopping.

Guns
Rifles
Glock
Colt
H&K
Uzi
Kimber
Pistol
Carbine
AR15
Sig Saur

And then.............................................................................

.....................................................................MAGAZINES
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have some issues as well still in my parents house, still find them hard to just throw away, but as you can see their worthless.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have some issues as well still in my parents house, still find them hard to just throw away, but as you can see their worthless.
View Quote

I wouldn't quite say they are worthless.....but then again, I would say we see different things in the magazine.

Covers like Barbi Benton, this, that, and whatever were probably very close on my coming of age and certainly forming the basis of my independent spirit based on a probably faulty image of what a Playmate actually was.

In relation to the issues at hand, however, I might check them out, see about buying them, if the price is right.

Why?

They could be useful as prop supplies for this or that play, scene.

Of course, the last time I had to supply Playboys for a scene, for Oscar in "The Odd Couple", I took current ones, downloaded the 60's and 70's covers off the Net, and taped them over the modern copies.

Good enough for the scene, but the covers black and white. Now, I have access to a color printer so I could bypass that..........but even so, the straight spine would still give them away.
__________________________________________________________________________________
("We have to make him believe it is the day of the murder, June 30, 1937."--Phelps, (w,stte), Mission: Impossible, "Encore")
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#8]
My working theory is that Snow is a Turing program.  

The gov has this ID in here, learning to communicate.

I have noticed an improvement.

Beware, you're making her better each comment.

Headed to hide my dog, now.  I know too much.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wouldn't quite say they are worthless.....but then again, I would say we see different things in the magazine.

Covers like Barbi Benton, this, that, and whatever were probably very close on my coming of age and certainly forming the basis of my independent spirit based on a probably faulty image of what a Playmate actually was.

In relation to the issues at hand, however, I might check them out, see about buying them, if the price is right.

Why?

Of course, the last time I had to supply Playboys for a scene, for Oscar in "The Odd Couple", I took current ones, downloaded the 60's and 70's covers off the Net, and taped them over the modern copies.

Good enough for the scene, but the covers black and white. Now, I have access to a color printer so I could bypass that..........but even so, the straight spine would still give them away.

__________________________________________________________________________________

("We have to make him believe it is the day of the murder, June 30, 1937."--Phelps, (w,stte), Mission: Impossible, "Encore")
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Whoa ! Barbi Benton, I don't have any issues that far back ! I was smitten with her when I was a kid. I think she might had a sitcom on ABC for a short time if I recall. She was gorgeous, wish Hef would of married that one, definitely a keeper.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whoa ! Barbi Benton, I don't have any issues that far back ! I was smitten with her when I was a kid. I think she might had a sitcom on ABC for a short time if I recall. She was gorgeous, wish Hef would of married that one, definitely a keeper.  
View Quote

"Sugar Time!"

I don't have any issues back that far either.......I just remember them growing up.

If I were to go on the hunt of a particular issue, it would be this one for that had certain pictorials that rather influenced my teen years.

Maybe go after it because what one remembers from so long ago may not be as special when faced with a refresher visit.

As things go, I didn't go to those Craigs list ads; I have spent a lot of money this weekend and just wasn't that encouraged to spend more. Even the prop notion fell by the side of the road because I am more of an actress than a props mistress. Just when I have to do my own scene building could such come into play.........but I would probably download the covers off the Net, print them on a color printer, and tape them over something else, like Southern Living (last time I look, that magazine is constructed like a pre spine Playboy).

Had a wild dream last night, though. I ran into my mother at the grocery store, she said she was delayed because she went to the Craigs ads to buy the Playboys for me, I was shocked she would do such a thing, she was nonchalant about it, and then when I started to explain what they meant to me.................................she shut me down, saying she didn't want to hear it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
("Yes, I am from the Middle East.......Nashville!"--Maxx, (w,stte), "Sugar Time!")
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I read it for the articles
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#12]
All Playboy was good for were the interviews anyway. Gorgeous chicks to be sure, but no snatch-shots!

What fun is that?!? And no natural titties since the early 90's!  

Penthouse always had the good stuff. Yeah, baby! (I could've done without their pissing fetish, though.) And many of the girls were Playboy-quality, too - or, damn close to it.

Hehehehe!!!! Certainly good enough!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All Playboy was good for were the interviews anyway. Gorgeous chicks to be sure, but no snatch-shots!

Penthouse always had the good stuff. Yeah, baby! (I could've done without their pissing fetish, though.) And many of the girls were Playboy-quality, too - or, damn close to it.

View Quote

Well, at least Penthouse had better comics!

But it was the water sports that made me turn my back on that mag.

To each their own. There were just certain qualities about Penthouse which didn't put it on as high on my scale as Playboy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
(After the Baron asks the auctioneer how the auction of "junk" art went, "It went very well, we made a record 400."
"400? That doesn't seem like a lot to me."--The Baron
"I suppose it's all relative, Baron, but 400 million dollars is a hell of a lot money to me!"....and the Baron's eye POINK and he passes out, (w,stte), "Sweet Chasity", Penthouse)
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Had a teacher in college once say " The girls in Playboy look like before sex & the girls in Penthouse look like after sex ".

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

To each their own. There were just certain qualities about Penthouse which didn't put it on as high on my scale as Playboy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

(After the Baron asks the auctioneer how the auction of "junk" art went, "It went very well, we made a record 400."

"I suppose it's all relative, Baron, but 400 million dollars is a hell of a lot money to me!"....and the Baron's eye POINK and he passes out, (w,stte), "Sweet Chasity", Penthouse)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Playboy is a classy magazine, the interview is actually pretty informative. I don't consider them smut. The cartoons were rather tasteful while being sexy and funny, the cover with it's hidden bunny another trivial that adds to the lore of a pioneering magazine that did a lot in keeping the first amendment alive and well, while opening the door for Penthouse, Hustler,OUI and several others.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top