Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/14/2013 6:30:07 AM EDT
I was milling around in town and ran across this in a small hole in the wall fake antique shop.   I don't know much about it but thought it was worth sharing.  The Yoke was labeled General Zachary (spelling?)  

Shitty IPhone Pics but still has some detail.  

Also,  
Anyone know what this is?  I don't think its an elephant tusk but meh you never know.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
baculum?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
One way or another I would make it my life's goal to get that gun back to the US any way possible
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
If that six shooter could talk... imagine the story it could tell about how it got to where it is.  For that matter... what the hell are YOU doing in Pakistan?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
That is incredible. You have to get that pistol home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The part that pisses me off is service members can be trusted to use some of the most advanced (and expensive) weapon systems in the world. However bring a damn near 100yo revolver home? OH NO THE HUGE MANATEE. Think of the children.

Thanks for the pics OP
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was milling around in town and ran across this in a small hole in the wall fake antique shop.   I don't know much about it but thought it was worth sharing.  The Yoke was labeled General Zachary (spelling?)  

Shitty IPhone Pics but still has some detail.  
Also,  

Anyone know what this is?  I don't think its an elephant tusk but meh you never know.  

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/tusk1.JPG
View Quote

First guess is polished bone.

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag for later...
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The part that pisses me off is service members can be trusted to use some of the most advanced (and expensive) weapon systems in the world. However bring a damn near 100yo revolver home? OH NO THE HUGE MANATEE. Think of the children.

View Quote

Amen.  It's utter bullshit and should not be that way.

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont care what I had to do, I would bring that back home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sent an Email to a company I used to export a Shotty to Japan a few years ago about it.   Hopefully I can swing something on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#11]
nvm

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pics OP
View Quote

Contractor but you have a very valid point.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#13]
How much they asking for it?

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I sent an Email to a company I used to export a Shotty to Japan a few years ago about it.   Hopefully I can swing something on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom always has a hook up. Who can step up?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the pics OP

Ah, in that case I hope you can get it home.

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One way or another I would make it my life's goal to get that gun back to the US any way possible
View Quote

Hell yes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not sure if this is the guy  General Zachary Taylor
General Zachary Taylor was a native of Virginia but an adopted Kentuckian. Born in 1784, he had risen to some national prominence as an army officer in the War of 1812 and in campaigns against Seminole Indians in the 1830s. Gun not old enough for him but thats all google told me lol.
View Quote

Yeah about a hundred years off.  This probably came from the Phillipines.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#19]
TAG for updates
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Buy it and dismantle it and then somehow get it back to the states.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Walrus tusk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be breaking every rule in the book to try and get that revolver back to the states...

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#23]
There was an episode of frontline where they showed Paki amateur street vendors making cheap knock offs of guns using melted down scrap metal.  They showed a Beretta model 92 all blinded out with chrome or some gaudy shit. Those backward monkeys love their shiny objects.

If you do buy it and get it home... Have a smith take a look at it before you shoot it. If at all possible, I'd be trying to get a revolver expert to look at those pics befor you donate to the local bizarre IED fund.

If it is legit, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shopkeepers current asking is $2500  dunno if that was American money or Pakistani money (1:100 +/-)...   Gonna send my driver back to try to negotiate to see if they have a real price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Cool gun!

The other thing looks like a walrus tusk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if this is the guy  General Zachary Taylor
General Zachary Taylor was a native of Virginia but an adopted Kentuckian. Born in 1784, he had risen to some national prominence as an army officer in the War of 1812 and in campaigns against Seminole Indians in the 1830s. Gun not old enough for him but thats all google told me lol.

ya i noticed the date on the gun lol. Wish there was a first name might be easier to find.  Hope op bought and finds a way to bring it home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There was an episode of frontline where they showed Paki amateur street vendors making cheap knock offs of guns using melted down scrap metal.  They showed a Beretta model 92 all blinded out with chrome or some gaudy shit. Those backward monkeys love their shiny objects.

If you do buy it and get it home... Have a smith take a look at it before you shoot it. If at all possible, I'd be trying to get a revolver expert to look at those pics befor you donate to the local bizarre IED fund.

If it is legit, that would be awesome.
View Quote

I know the guns your talking about.  This is not one of those guns..   The barrel still had riffling, the outward mechanical elements were there.   You would have to be a retarded gopher to think one of the fakes is a real gun.  they are horribly done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Shopkeepers current asking is $2500  dunno if that was American money or Pakistani money (1:100 +/-)...   Gonna send my driver back to try to negotiate to see if they have a real price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If paki $ yes if american no way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pics OP
View Quote

No shit.  I mean, it's not like you couldn't go back home and buy the exact same thing, but God forbid you try to ship handgun or non FA rifle home.

Can't have that.  No sir.

Fucking jackasses.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just take it, it does say "United States Property".
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Walrus tusk.
View Quote

That's the first thing that popped into my mind but then again a walrus tusk in Pakistan must have a crazy story to rival the story that must go with the pistol. .
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a legit Colt Model 1909 to me. there were a bunch used by the US in the Phillipines. Good luck OP in getting that one home. It could be a vintage engraving job, the screws still look good and unbuggered. The grips look too good IMO, probably replacements. If original, they will have RAC stamped in small letters at the bottom flat, which I do not see in the picture..
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I believe general officers in the past had an allowance to cover personal weapons . possibly many spent their own money on fancy stuff .They were given the pistol at retirement . Needs some research.

If you wind up with this I would sugest the NRA firearms museam , Colt firearms and the museam at West Point as places to start your search.

I remember seeing a goodly sized collection of general officers pistols somewhere but do not remember if it was at NRA or West Point
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#34]
is it possible that the pistol is a replica?

Not saying it is but that part of the world is know for forgeries of almost anything.

Surely someone more qualified than me can opine.

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not saying it is but that part of the world is know for forgeries of almost anything.

View Quote

I have owned two different Model 1909's in the past. This one looks correct, as far as markings. Fonts look right, the RAC inspection stamp is in place on the barrel bottom, US property looks correctly stamped. Butt markings are correct. Need a shot of the interior crane area, but I would otherwise say it is a US Army Model 1909 that has been engraved and nickel plated in the past.

Even without knowing anything about it's history, assuming it is still in working order with a shootable bore, I would not hesitate to drop $500 on it. And if it is connected with an identifiable US general officer, the value would be much higher.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pistol is the real deal,  now the engraving and the name,  who knows......
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Can the shop send it to an FFL?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have owned two different Model 1909's in the past. This one looks correct, as far as markings. Fonts look right, the RAC inspection stamp is in place on the barrel bottom, US property looks correctly stamped. Butt markings are correct. Need a shot of the interior crane area, but I would otherwise say it is a US Army Model 1909 that has been engraved and nickel plated in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The crane, frame,  and release had matching numbers. I didn't notice if they matched the butt or not though.    

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Tagged for hopefully awesome outcome
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Simpson Ltd does import / export,  but I don't have any experience with them in that capacity.  I know that the way they marked their rifles left me needing a magnifying glass to see it.

Good luck-I hope you can get it back.  

Please be safe out there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Probably made in Darra
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Even without knowing anything about it's history, assuming it is still in working order with a shootable bore, I would not hesitate to drop $500 on it. And if it is connected with an identifiable US general officer, the value would be much higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That entire region is known for making expert forgeries of firearms.  Find something like that gun in, say, Brazil?  Sure, that seems promising.  But finding an engraved antique revolver in a fake antique store in a region known for producing excellent forgeries of damn near every firearm on the planet...?  No matter how good it looks, unless the serial number was confirmed by Colt factory records I'd consider it a fake by default.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That entire region is known for making expert forgeries of firearms.  Find something like that gun in, say, Brazil?  Sure, that seems promising.  But finding an engraved antique revolver in a fake antique store in a region known for producing excellent forgeries of damn near every firearm on the planet...?  No matter how good it looks, unless the serial number was confirmed by Colt factory records I'd consider it a fake by default.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL I am going to have to go find a fake gun and get a pic of it tomorrow.   Yes Paki is known for faking shit but the faked shit is no where near as good as the real shit.   They don't even hold a candle to China on the fake scale.   I don't know what Excellent forgeries they are "known" for but its not guns..  I know they have knock off Beretta's and Taurus pistols in the normal gunstores here and as a real Taurus (got wife 92fs for her 21st)  owner I can say its an easy to spot fake.  I call it a fake antique store because they have falsely aged choc ski's and shit like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
BTW guy claimed he had a broom handle Mauser he was trying to bring in the store.  He said pending asking was 6,000 but I want to at least look at it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#47]
how much was it
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

THIS

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
baculum?
View Quote

This, that's an animal peener.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL I am going to have to go find a fake gun and get a pic of it tomorrow.   Yes Paki is known for faking shit but the faked shit is no where near as good as the real shit.   They don't even hold a candle to China on the fake scale.   I don't know what Excellent forgeries they are "known" for but its not guns..  I know they have knock off Beretta's and Taurus pistols in the normal gunstores here and as a real Taurus (got wife 92fs for her 21st)  owner I can say its an easy to spot fake.  I call it a fake antique store because they have falsely aged choc ski's and shit like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still think it is a real Colt, but OP check the chamber on it, if you look to buy it. A lot of the 1909's were re-chambered to .45ACP in later years, because that was a much easier cartridge to obtain, especially in the Far East. I am also thinking this now because the ejector rod only has one knurled segment instead of three. This is a sign the cylinder was replaced when/if switched to .45ACP. An original .45 Colt cylinder will have the same RAC inspector stamp as you see under the barrel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top