Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/21/2013 11:08:43 AM EDT
http://www.khou.com/news/local/224661621.html

Good break?

MAGNOLIA, Texas -- When Tandra Baker, 35, recently moved to Magnolia, she sought out a doctor for depression, but she said her insurance provider told her they could not find anyone who could help.

“That none of the doctors out here take my insurance,” Baker said.

So in a moment of frustration, she gave them a piece of her mind.

“This is why people go off and commit suicide all the time cause you all can’t seem to help anybody,” Baker said.

She claims she was just being sarcastic.

“Trying to get my point across,” Baker said.

The comment, however, led to a chain reaction. Two Montgomery County deputies were soon at her door performing a welfare check.

Baker insisted she was fine. Yet, she was growing madder by the minute, and her husband said that one of the deputies appeared to be too.

“He told me that, ‘I don’t get paid to be verbally abused,’” said Joseph Baker, Tandra’s husband.

Joseph said his wife was soon in handcuffs and being shoved into a cruiser. When she did not go quietly, he said the deputy pulled her out of the vehicle and threw her to the ground.

He described the deputy as a “big guy” while his wife is about 4’11’.

The impact fractured her jaw, knocked out several teeth, and triggered a seizure.

“He almost broke her neck,” Joseph said. “It’s the worst thing in the world to see that happen to your wife.”

He claims there were more seizures at the hospital. The Bakers since hired an attorney and have filed a complaint against the deputy.

“I wouldn’t want anybody I know to go through this,” Joseph said. “He’s going to hurt or kill somebody else.”

“He shouldn’t be a cop,” Tandra said.

The mother of five is now at home with her children and has not been charged with a crime. She said the episode gives her nightmares.

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department is conducting an internal investigation while the deputy in question remains on the job.
View Quote

ETA:

ETA 2: News story video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSVBt18ktg

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That cop sounds dangerous, maybe they should seize his credentials and such.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
She had enough money to get her eyebrows waxed and her tit tattooed. Should have spent that money on her healthcare instead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
JBT'S doing what JBT'S do. Protect and serve, all that kind of jazz. Pick up that can citizen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Those eyebrows are nasty!

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Cops are not mental health counselors, physicians, dog catchers  or light bulb changers and no reasonable person should expect them to be. Stuff like this happens when a plumber is sent to fix an electrical problem and then everyone is pissed when the house burns down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]
FSA antics again.  Tell us more about your "insurance".

I'm going with good job.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She had enough money to get her eyebrows waxed and her tit tattooed. Should have spent that money on her healthcare instead.
View Quote

I was about to say...He knocked eyebrows off...

Yeah...you know, you don't want to get ruffed up by the police, don't be a bitch/asshole/dick. I'm not saying it's right...I'm just saying I understand.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Welfare checks are stupid. But they are also easy.

"Hi, are you planning to harm yourself or others?"
No? Okay, sorry to bother you, have a nice night.

Fuck you coppers! You'll never take me alive!
Okay, sorry to bother you, have a nice night.

Why some cops have to make this stuff difficult I'll never understand.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yet so many others are ok with the UCF thread.

Welfare check goes like this:

"Do you want to hurt yourself?

Ok, bye."

And I go back to my shady spot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly, and beat by a few seconds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cops are not mental health counselors, physicians, dog catchers  or light bulb changers and no reasonable person should expect them to be. Stuff like this happens when a plumber is sent to fix an electrical problem and then everyone is pissed when the house burns down.
View Quote

Yep.

I have said this before. When you call the cops you are asking for one of a specific list of outcomes.

1. do nothing.
2. write a report.
3. write a ticket.
4. take someone to jail.
5. kick someones ass.
6. shoot someone.

If none of those options are the outcome you seek then call someone other than a police officer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
In handcuffs? Pushed into the ground face first? Meh, can't think of any scenario where this will end well for the officer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#13]
The woman looks like scum, the cop sounds like scum.

Scum hurting scum.

Hopefully she dies of an infection, and the cop gets killed by an angry wife/husband/other loser. The world becomes better.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yet so many others are ok with the UCF thread.

Welfare check goes like this:

"Do you want to hurt yourself?

Ok, bye."

And I go back to my shady spot.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm surprised more victims of this sort of thing don't resort to self-help on the spot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Isolated Incident
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, because that justify's getting your jaw broken.

The cops on this forum either represent the best we have, or the worst. Either way, this "great experiment" is a failure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought I read in the OP that she had insurance and that nobody in town accepted it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Hmm....

Well, being charged does not mean innocent. Mentally ill people are often hospitalized instead of being charged for crimes. It all depends.

For her, I have never seen someone open their mouth and move it around, when the jaw was fractured. Unless it is a very small fracture.

Her hubby looks 20 years older.

As for the overall use of force, her fighting and being taken out of the car can result in her being injured. It would be interesting to see if there is audio and/or video.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought I read in the OP that she had insurance and that nobody in town accepted it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medicaid.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Medicaid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medicaid.

So once we are all on Obamacare then the cops get to break our jaws.  Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sure she didn't draw those on with a Sharpie? Maybe she had them tattooed on?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yep.

I have said this before. When you call the cops you are asking for one of a specific list of outcomes.

1. do nothing.
2. write a report.
3. write a ticket.
4. take someone to jail.
5. kick someones ass.
6. shoot someone.

If none of those options are the outcome you seek then call someone other than a police officer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

1. do nothing.
2. write a report.
3. write a ticket.
4. take someone to jail.
5. kick someones ass.
6. shoot someone.

I'm old and lazy. I like #1.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#24]
If she didn't call the cops, why would she even answer the door?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Medicaid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Medicaid.

I LOOOVVVEEDDD being a smart ass and explaining how medicaid was in fact NOT insurance when I was an optician ( we didn't take medicare/medicade/kids care etc)

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If she didn't call the cops, why would she even answer the door?
View Quote

Maybe she mistakenly thought that the police are there to help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Methgomery county.  What did you expect?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

FSA antics again.  Tell us more about your "insurance".

I'm going with good job.
View Quote

So she should have her teeth knocked out and her jaw broken?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#29]
The officer should be relived of his badge and weapon. I hope she gets  ashit pile of money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would have been enough
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Gotta love our LE's people skills.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The officer should be relived of his badge and weapon. I hope she gets  ashit pile of money.
View Quote

Yes he should be relived. We should all relive this. Relive it everyday.

Ashit is a river, not a pile.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That cop sounds dangerous, maybe they should seize his credentials and such.
View Quote

...if only this were the story in its entirety.

Believe NOTHING of what you hear, nothing of what you read, and only half of what you see.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like the hear the other side of the story.  Two LEOs come to my door to ask me if I'm ok, I don't think being an asshole is the appropriate response (not that being an asshole should be illegal).

Still, I hate to see a woman hurt under any circumstance.  Personally, I think there's more going on here than the we're hearing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol...
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#36]
What would all of you do if your wife was being beaten up and thrown to the ground , teeth knocked out except the thug doing it did not have a badge. Yep that's what I would have done !!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Scum hurting scum.

Hopefully she dies of an infection, and the cop gets killed by an angry wife/husband/other loser. The world becomes better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope he should be charged with assault and battery , attempted murder and whatever else the average Joe would have been charged with
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#39]
"No doctor will take my insurance" is code for MEDICAID.   It's not insurance lady, it's a handout.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

...if only this were the story in its entirety.

Believe NOTHING of what you hear, nothing of what you read, and only half of what you see.

View Quote

I know that, the American dream isn't hard work anymore. Now it's find the sucker and get a suit while still collecting welfare . Some ppl have all the luck
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
We don't know anything about the deputy; we do know that the alleged victim is a white trash peice of crap with 5 kids that she undoubtedly doesn't support (welfare, food stamps, etc.)
who expected her medicaid (welfare med insurance) to provide pysch services including all the meds she could ingest/sell. I'm guessing there's alot more to this story than we know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

how are people going to piss blood if no cop ever whacks them across the kidneys with a billy club?

the policeman's proper role in the community is to escalate a non-event into a face-smash lawsuit

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We don't know anything about the deputy; we do know that the alleged victim is a white trash peice of crap with 5 kids that she undoubtedly doesn't support (welfare, food stamps, etc.)
who expected her medicaid (welfare med insurance) to provide pysch services including all the meds she could ingest/sell. I'm guessing there's alot more to this story than we know.
View Quote

the part where the tiny woman gets her teeth broken out during a welfare check should be a slight tip-off that the police fucked up a tad

I think we should have an arfcom GD get-together and everyone can troop down to the police barracks

then ask for the least-professional and lowest IQ cop and then you guys can all get down on your knees and lick his boots clean

get it out of your system
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I stopped reading after Tandra.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Hot dang, I'm 10 min from Magnolia.

IDK what's wrong with people these days.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Title made me think the deputy was pissed because his pay was so low he had to go on welfare. Got pissed and jacked someone up.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scum hurting scum.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/friday_gifdump_64_32.gif?w=360&h=270

wtf?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]
She does have "The Stupid Mark" on her.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#49]
It's a shame the cop's jaw wasn't broken as well.  Sounds like all around stupidity.  I cannot understand why when you threaten to kill yourself, the cops race to beat you to it.  They simply cannot stand competition.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hot dang, I'm 10 min from Magnolia.

IDK what's wrong with people these days.
View Quote

There's a piece of land down the road here for sale.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top