Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1 I have come too see Marco's true COLOR's.....Professional Politician,  Servant to himself and his causes. And not those who elected him....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS.... THIS is why the Republican party is so fucked up.

This is why Rubio went from a star to a black hole... he was cowed into toeing the part line. Probably bought off with promises of committee seats and other perks/pork.

I hope Cruz stands strong, he is one of the few remaining politicians I like... and he is where I am pinning the last shreds of hope.

+1 I have come too see Marco's true COLOR's.....Professional Politician,  Servant to himself and his causes. And not those who elected him....

Ayup. Blame the people not the politician. They can elect who they want to serve them in their district/state.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking establishment GOP. They need to go down with Obunghole.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree, the argument for the rights of the unborn is a compelling one.  All those questions?  They're good ones, and they don't matter.   Not one bit.  

We have to accept what we have to work with.  The best way to change people's mindsets is to make pride and liberty mainstream again by showing that it can work.  

We've done this with guns- we've had HUGE wins, and we never once had a Presidential candidate who promised us nationwide CCW.  Imagine how it would have gone over if we did.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Look, I'm all about keeping religion out of politics. However life begins at conception. SCIENTIFIC FACT. I believe within that they have a right to pursuit life, liberty and happiness. When you murder them just like anyone else you're denying them that right. When did abortion become such a big womans right thing anyways? Why can't individual responsibility and if you're good and smart enough for the position be a role factor in women's rights? Why does it have to be the right to murder a human being and get away with it be a right? It just doesn't make sense.

I agree, the argument for the rights of the unborn is a compelling one.  All those questions?  They're good ones, and they don't matter.   Not one bit.  

We have to accept what we have to work with.  The best way to change people's mindsets is to make pride and liberty mainstream again by showing that it can work.  

We've done this with guns- we've had HUGE wins, and we never once had a Presidential candidate who promised us nationwide CCW.  Imagine how it would have gone over if we did.  

Yep.  The reality is, the only way to put a real dent in the abortion rate is to change the way society thinks about it.  But that takes time, and effort, and not ranting at people like controlling douchebags.  Easier to pretend that elections can be won while ranting about this one subject, and laws will just suddenly remake the abortion rate.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Virtually nobody I know in person who has made the conversion from Republican to Libertarian still has their faith intact.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statist and Christians hate Libertarian leaners, not A surprise.

Statist and Libertarian leaners hate Christians, not A surprise.  FIFY

Virtually nobody I know in person who has made the conversion from Republican to Libertarian still has their faith intact.  

I know quite a few and I am one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Libertarians for the most part hate tea party people too. They're not socially liberal. Therefore they are invalid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps it's time for the Grand ole Party to just die and weather away.... So that the mighty Tea Party can rise in it's ashes....

Libertarians for the most part hate tea party people too. They're not socially liberal. Therefore they are invalid.
That's just crap.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a Christian, and I support Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.  I like the fact that both are pro-life.

Karl Rove, McCain, and the res of the republican establishment are rino quizlings, and should be spit out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Rand Paul isn't a Libertarian. He is libertarian and constitutionalist that happens to be a Republican. Big difference.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FPNI.

We need term limits in congress.  Its got to change to a true service and not a career.

And no lifetime benefits for the terms served. Its the only way to break the cycle of power mad career politicians.

While there may be some good ones max out its the price to pay to keep the FSA providers out.
View Quote

The BIGGEST MISTAKE our Founding Fathers made was not having Term Limits on Congress. 90% of them are self serving crooks. And that's why a tyrant president will one day thru executive order and national disaster suspend all congressional authority under the guise of national emergency. As Lincoln did during the civil war...and they then the shit will hit the fan....
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Me too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a Christian, and I support Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.  I like the fact that both are pro-life.

Karl Rove, McCain, and the res of the republican establishment are rino quizlings, and should be spit out.
View Quote

I 110% approve this message.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The "miracle" in regards to the Cruz victory was that for once in a generation a (R) candidate was able to stand up to and defeat the TX GOP's "yes boy".

The small army of fire breathing pissed off Conservatives that surrounded and supported Cruz was amazing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<multiple snips>

Dewhurst's "handlers" are the core and strength of the GOP establishment.

The Texas GOP establishment (core) is fucking STRONG. It's like an assault force led and taught by Karl Rove & Co.

Rove and Co. will completely destroy the lives of candidates that dare to challenge them in TX. One even ended up committing suicide.

That's why Conservative Ted Cruz beating The TX GOP backed Dewhurst in the run off election is such a miracle.

This is much more than just some petty differences in opinion. Conservatives like Cruz, Lee, etc. need all the support they can get.

The core of the GOP establishment is every bit as ruthless as the DNC, maybe worse because they play a zero sum game when it comes to "free thinkers".

I'm not so sure Cruz winning was exactly a miracle - unless I'm not understanding your meaning here.  There were a lot of us out here who are feed up with Rove and Co and the big government establishment in DC.  We had the momentum to carry that through the election.  Now, I don't know if that will hold true in 2014 and 2016...  And I agree with you 100% about supporting these guys.  We need them, and more like them.

The "miracle" in regards to the Cruz victory was that for once in a generation a (R) candidate was able to stand up to and defeat the TX GOP's "yes boy".

The small army of fire breathing pissed off Conservatives that surrounded and supported Cruz was amazing.

Gotcha.  And yes, it was.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ayup. Blame the people not the politician. They can elect who they want to serve them in their district/state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why Rubio went from a star to a black hole... he was cowed into toeing the part line. Probably bought off with promises of committee seats and other perks/pork.

I hope Cruz stands strong, he is one of the few remaining politicians I like... and he is where I am pinning the last shreds of hope.

I can't speak for BoyScout4Life, but I didn't blame the people who elected Rubio, nor would I. Rubio campaigned on issues important to his constituents, then turned his back on those same people.

Ok, so maybe Foridians were naive for expecting better of a any politician, but that doesn't change the facts in this case.

I, for one, will be campaigning AGAINST Rubio when his term ends, and trying for a less disgusting replacement.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't speak for BoyScout4Life, but I didn't blame the people who elected Rubio, nor would I. Rubio campaigned on issues important to his constituents, then turned his back on those same people.

Ok, so maybe Foridians were naive for expecting better of a any politician, but that doesn't change the facts in this case.

I, for one, will be campaigning AGAINST Rubio when his term ends, and trying for a less disgusting replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

those constituents can vote him out for turning his back on them. Let's see if they do it or not. Isn't he up for re-election?
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How is that? I have no problems with condoms or any form of protection as long as there is no human being involved. Your logic is invalid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rand Paul believes that life begins at conception. Militant libertarians do not. They think life before birth can be thrown away. Libertarians have more in common with liberals then they do conservatism. Problem with Conservatives are they are not being very Conservative. They cave in to liberals. Rand Paul is more of a Conservative then he is a Libertarian.

Would you be satisfied having a small-government candidate who wanted to give back privacy and liberty, lowered taxing and spending, but didn't try to outlaw abortion?

For a lot of us abortion has nothing to do with militancy, we just know it's tough to get elected that way.  Mainstream, urban women react to that stuff the same way we do to talk of "common-sense measures to prevent gun violence"- it's a deal breaker and they'll vote against it.  Just like we do.  

If you won't bend on that and attack abortion socially rather than legislatively, well...that's why they hate you.  

Look, I'm all about keeping religion out of politics. However life begins at conception. SCIENTIFIC FACT. I believe within that they have a right to pursuit life, liberty and happiness. When you murder them just like anyone else you're denying them that right. When did abortion become such a big womans right thing anyways? Why can't individual responsibility and if you're good and smart enough for the position be a role factor in women's rights? Why does it have to be the right to murder a human being and get away with it be a right? It just doesn't make sense.
Life beginning at conception would make using birth control pills no different than having an abortion.  

How is that? I have no problems with condoms or any form of protection as long as there is no human being involved. Your logic is invalid.

When is it a human? When sperm fertilizes egg, or when the fertilized egg is implanted?

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wallace is obviously a dope smoking losertarian trying to divide and conquer the Republican party.
View Quote

Ayup.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When is it a human? When sperm fertilizes egg, or when the fertilized egg is implanted?

View Quote

Conception. Is that hard to understand?

Hey aren't you one of those so called libertarians. I remember you from another post. You're in good company with some of these guys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hey aren't you one of those so called libertarians. I remember you from another post. You're in good company with some of these guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define conception.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That explains why the Mormons and the bible belt are the places sending libertarian leaning representatives.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's a little more accurate.

Christians are the PC people to hate.

Heck we have members here that are so-called "freedom lovers" and believe in a "free America" who are at times openly hostile against Christians.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Where are the Koch brothers on this?  Aren't they the puppet masters of the Republican Party?
They are spending lots of dough throughout the South to try to get (their) Republicans elected.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Define conception.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define conception.

conception

Didn't know you didn't understand the definition. Paragraph a

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd submit it probably wasn't "intact" to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#23]
This the just RNC looking out for your  interests against those pothead homosexual liberaltarians
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

conception

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define conception.

conception

I know the definition. I wanted to see you define it, so you can't weasel out of it later.

From  your link: " Formation of a viable zygote by the union of the male sperm and female ovum; fertilization."

That is before implantation. The birth control pill can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. Still in favor of it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

conception

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define conception.

conception

The point is, birth control pills prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall.  So, going back to the beginning of this particular tangent, a pregnancy prevented by the pill is equivalent to abortion, as the conception (fertilization of the egg) has occurred.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's just crap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perhaps it's time for the Grand ole Party to just die and weather away.... So that the mighty Tea Party can rise in it's ashes....

That's just crap.

He's just following the standard "tell you what your beliefs are and then have a Punch-&-Judy puppet debate against them" playbook of the RNC shills around here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Myself and all my buddies really like Ted Cruz. I suspect he has a long career as a Texas Senator.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Fuck Bohner.....
Lump of shit...  He needs to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck Bohner.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fuck Bohner.....

On that we agree; he's fucking embarrassment.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good, I'm glad that we can find common ground among the various political differences in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are Ted Cruz's positions on the War on Terror or Drugs defined yet???  Peoples whose paycheck is dependent on those two failures continuing would be the first I would suspect but to my knowledge Cruz has not clarified where he lands on these topics.  So it probably came from McCain's camp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't imagine anybody here doing anything like that.

Are Ted Cruz's positions on the War on Terror or Drugs defined yet???  Peoples whose paycheck is dependent on those two failures continuing would be the first I would suspect but to my knowledge Cruz has not clarified where he lands on these topics.  So it probably came from McCain's camp.

He seems to be in the fight against Islamic extremists so you Neo-Libs should hate his guts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That I can agree with.

We just need to stop picking RINO's as our primary candidate and get a real conservatives in there.
View Quote

Okay, BUT...

...if we're going to achieve that you're going to have to stop defining conservatism as "pro-life".  
You like to point a finger at libertarians for splitting votes, but talk about conception and uteruses sends them running the other direction en masse.  

That's why I asked whether you'd be content with someone who's not overtly pro-life.   If you want the abortion issue addressed you have to have faith that we can work that problem out with something other than government.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The point is, birth control pills prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall.  So, going back to the beginning of this particular tangent, a pregnancy prevented by the pill is equivalent to abortion, as the conception (fertilization of the egg) has occurred.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define conception.

conception

it prevents conception. It's not actual conception. You're not going to convince me otherwise Santorum.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Okay, BUT...

...if we're going to achieve that you're going to have to stop defining conservatism as "pro-life".  
You like to point a finger at libertarians for splitting votes, but talk about conception and uteruses sends them running the other direction en masse.  

That's why I asked whether you'd be content with someone who's not overtly pro-life.   If you want the abortion issue addressed you have to have faith that we can work that problem out with something other than government.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That I can agree with.

We just need to stop picking RINO's as our primary candidate and get a real conservatives in there.

Okay, BUT...

I like Rand Paul's take on it. He's pro-life but it's up to the states to decide. It's not my right to impose anything that's not in the BOR on any American. It should be for the state to decide.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know the definition. I wanted to see you define it, so you can't weasel out of it later.

From  your link: " Formation of a viable zygote by the union of the male sperm and female ovum; fertilization."

That is before implantation. The birth control pill can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. Still in favor of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define conception.

conception

From another thread... This is a Libertarian for you
Quoted:
I'm old enough where I don't care about them. I care about me.
/SNIP/
Boner bragged about sequestration. About how the repugs got 98% of what they wanted. Enjoy it, fuckhead, while you can.
Shutdown? Fine. Take more money from me. Reap what you sow.
'cause I'll be all over Hiillary 2016.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rubio's a huge disappointment, but even so he's better than the guy he beat against the odds in the primary, Charlie Crist.  That guy is the model of amoral, unprincipled RINO.  So much so he seems like a fictional characiture, you can't imagine anyone could be such a tool in real life.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
it prevents conception. It's not actual conception. You're not going to convince me otherwise Santorum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

conception

You're the one who put up, as your accepted definition of "conception", a link to

con·cep·tion  (kn-spshn)n.
a. Formation of a viable zygote by the union of the male sperm and female ovum; fertilization.

b. The entity formed by the union of the male sperm and female ovum; an embryo or zygote.

Which is not the same as "a fertilized egg, or 'zygote' that has been implanted in the uterine wall".

In multiple threads, now, I've seen you confronted with having posted something that is incorrect, or having a flaw pointed out clearly which puts a dent in your argument or position, and you refuse to accept it.  You'll weasel around it, you'll squirm, but it's obvious that you're incapable of admitting error.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like Rand Paul's take on it. He's pro-life but it's up to the states to decide. It's not my right to impose anything that's not in the BOR on any American. It should be for the state to decide.
View Quote

Good enough.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Which is not the same as "a fertilized egg, or 'zygote' that has been implanted in the uterine wall".

In multiple threads, now, I've seen you confronted with having posted something that is incorrect, or having a flaw pointed out clearly which puts a dent in your argument or position, and you refuse to accept it.  You'll weasel around it, you'll squirm, but it's obvious that you're incapable of admitting error.  

View Quote

What are you trying to prove? That I believe conception is having sex? I mean really? Are you that fucking dense?
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm old enough where I don't care about them. I care about me.
/SNIP/
Boner bragged about sequestration. About how the repugs got 98% of what they wanted. Enjoy it, fuckhead, while you can.
Shutdown? Fine. Take more money from me. Reap what you sow.
'cause I'll be all over Hiillary 2016.

He calls himself a libertarian too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a single fucking clue what you are talking about. I knew you'd weasel.

You defined conception as the fertilization of the egg. This happens DAYS before implantation. In those days, the birth control pill can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. The fertilized egg will die. Was that fertilized egg a human?

Come on, weasel some more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Rand Paul believes that life begins at conception. Militant libertarians do not. They think life before birth can be thrown away. Libertarians have more in common with liberals then they do conservatism. Problem with Conservatives are they are not being very Conservative. They cave in to liberals. Rand Paul is more of a Conservative then he is a Libertarian.
View Quote

Ignorance.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The republican party will never recieve another dollar from me.  Ever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#45]
The Christian bashing has to stop! What the fuck is wrong with some of you? Rand and Cruz are Christians. Murray Rothbard was a Christian....

Just because one is a Christian it does not mean that they want to use the force of government to force tenants of their religion on others.

IMHO, based on how Christians are treated by government, it seems to me that all Christians should be libertarian as its the only ideology that actually allows them to exist without influence or force by the government.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#46]
2 rd burst

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The republican party will never recieve another dollar from me.  Ever.

good they've never got a dollar out of me either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Christian bashing has to stop? What the fuck is wrong with some of you? Rand and Cruz are Christians. Murray Rothbard was a Christian....

Just because one is a Christian it does not mean that they want to use the force of government to force tenants of their religion on others.

IMHO, based on how Christians are treated by government, it seems to me that all Christians should be libertarian as its the only ideology that actually allows them to exist without influence or force by the government.
View Quote

I consider you one of the good libertarians. I think you have some good points of views, that and you actually understand logic, and how to work together.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You don't have a single fucking clue what you are talking about. I knew you'd weasel.

You defined conception as the fertilization of the egg. This happens DAYS before implantation. In those days, the birth control pill can prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. The fertilized egg will die. Was that fertilized egg a human?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it doesn't actually fertilize the egg is what you're saying? It prevents it, correct? Come on weasel out of this one. Answer me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Christian bashing has to stop? What the fuck is wrong with some of you? Rand and Cruz are Christians. Murray Rothbard was a Christian....

View Quote

I think the Libertarians here do a great service to their 'party' by constantly calling Christians American Taliban...
 It shows their actual thought process and I appreciate the honesty.
It also gives me the excuse to stock up on weapons and ammunition.
History has cycles.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top