Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/16/2013 3:29:56 PM EDT
Is lack of sex a divorcable offense?

Co-worker swears he is either going to divorce his wife or find a mistress because he only has sex about once every three months. I think something came to ahead last night, because this guy is never open about this sort of stuff or anything, but today he 'confided' in two of us.

I'm not sure lack of sex is grounds for divorce...but what do I know?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe it's just him, and she's not having a lack of sex....
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It might be.  People have divorced for far less.  If cobwebs are appearing between her legs, and in this case it looks to be that way, a man can be driven to desperate lengths.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I thought, but I sure as shit wasn't going to say it. I don't want him going on a rampage tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
For better or for worse; in sickness and in health...
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
If that guy took very good care of his body and was in shape his woman wouldn't be able to keep her hands off of him.  Tell him to lose his beer belly and start being nice to her and I bet things will change.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

IMHO she broke her vows fist by not sexing him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Absomotherfuckinglutly unless there is a legit medical reason such as death.

It ain't gonna suck itself.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure how that relates to sex...

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If that guy took very good care of his body and was in shape his woman wouldn't be able to keep her hands off of him.  Tell him to lose his beer belly and start being nice to her and I bet things will change.
View Quote

And how do you know how fit this guy is, exactly?  That's a pretty big assumption.  It just couldn't be the woman's fault.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freudian slip?

I think a lot depends on how long they've been together, whether they have kids in the house, and other factors.
For newlyweds with no kids, it would be a very big deal.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sex is a healthy thing.  Lack of sex is sometimes related to health problems, physical or mental.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Once every three months isn't healthy.  There are many things that lead to this, it is probably a symptom of other things.

If everything else is good, and he is a solid husband, she isn't doing her part.

Eject.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, some women have very low sex-drive.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

pff... vows are so old fashioned.  It's all about "me" now.  What's in it for ME!
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Sex four times a year?

Yup, I'd divorce.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And how do you know how fit this guy is, exactly?  That's a pretty big assumption.  It just couldn't be the woman's fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy is an average dude. Not fat, not a stud, just a normal, average joe.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is lack of sex a divorcable offense?

Co-worker swears he is either going to divorce his wife or find a mistress because he only has sex about once every three months. I think something came to ahead last night, because this guy is never open about this sort of stuff or anything, but today he 'confided' in two of us.

I'm not sure lack of sex is grounds for divorce...but what do I know?
View Quote

Legally? No fault is no fault...

Morally? IMO yes.  If you can't be happy with your spouse, you just can't be happy.  There are lots of things to consider, of course, starting with impact on kids.

I'd divorce before I cheated.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe she got tired of him spending his free time with his buddies all of the time.  Who knows?  Im just saying if you treat your woman right and take care of yourself things will run a lot more smooth.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

...The former Mrs. Kpel308 turned off the tap about 3 months after we got married, and we had been having a great sex life for about 4 years....
View Quote

Wedding Cake Poisoning strikes again.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Once every three months isn't healthy.  There are many things that lead to this, it is probably a symptom of other things.

If everything else is good, and he is a solid husband, she isn't doing her part.

Eject.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means that you don't get divorced.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Freudian slip?

I think a lot depends on how long they've been together, whether they have kids in the house, and other factors.

Sex is a healthy thing.  Lack of sex is sometimes related to health problems, physical or mental.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freudian slip?

Quoted:
Quoted:

I plea the fif

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Having seen the divorce paperwork for people getting divorced for exactly that... Yes, you absolutely can at least here in NY.  On of the things I remember seeing mentioned is that the person was not refusing to engage in sexual relations because of a health issue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Shit.  I've only had sex with my wife 3 times and we have 4 kids....

J/k - in fact, Ima bang her after the kids go to sleep and I haven't showered since them last time we did it.  And I shower every day.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#29]
People have divorced for less.

But, I'd say that the first post probably nails it here...
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]
If he gets some on the side, she divorces him for cause. Maybe she's setting him up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]
You can get divorced for any reason you like...
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Ya know, chloroform isn't just for getting to know someone.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly how I feel about it. If the woman has physical issues that's one thing but if she has just lost interest and is doing nothing to aleviate the problem then it's over.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe she got tired of him spending his free time with his buddies all of the time.  Who knows?  Im just saying if you treat your woman right and take care of yourself things will run a lot more smooth.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're assuming things again.  You're also assuming being fit, healthy and treating your woman right leads to a healthy sex life, which is absolutely not the case in many many relationships.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/thats-real-retarded-sir-meme.jpg
Sorry bro, if you need help with your beer gut let me know.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure it has been for some.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you talking "Wife" or "Mistress"? lol

It (That question) DOES actually apply
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#38]
It is, the legal term is Constructive Abandonment. http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/constructive-abandonment/
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You're assuming things again.  You're also assuming being fit, healthy and treating your woman right leads to a healthy sex life, which is absolutely not the case in many many relationships.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im just going with the limited information available.  Maybe he cheated on her in the past and she still has resentment about it.  Who knows?  It seems people are so fast to blame the woman here, why is that?  Is some hurt from the past clouding the judgment of some in here?

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys have the same avatar.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#41]
The folks voting no must be women.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

pff... vows are so old fashioned.  It's all about "me" now.  What's in it for ME!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there's nothing  in it for you I would not call it a good relationship. Sex every three months is simply not acceptable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't most states today have no fault divorce? If so he doesn't need "grounds". He can just cite irreconcilable differences and get his divorce and she would be powerless to stop him. She might make him pay dearly but ultimately he'll get his divorce.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably some sort of sex cult.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Im just going with the limited information available.  Maybe he cheated on her in the past and she still has resentment about it.  Who knows?  It seems people are so fast to blame the woman here, why is that?  Is some hurt from the past clouding the judgment of some in here?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol you keep adding assumptions.  Going on the limited info available would give you a guy who's frustrated his wife won't have sex. Nothing more or less, which is what I'm going off of. The fact he's the one frustrated is an indication she's the one not doing her part. Its possible he needs to look inward, but its not like he's asking a lot considering how many times she's let him in.  

But its more fun to call him a slob and let everyone know I'm a Greek god while doing so...
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't understand how a woman can think that not taking care of her man will not leave her alone in a ditch in the end?  I'd only put up with it for so long and then it's not just over, but fuck you over.  It's like ripping off your husband's bank account.  It's like spreading salt on the field he works in.  It's like spitting in his food.  You might as well be fucking his best friend.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disturbing isn't?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Legally I am not sure if it is or isn't, but hey if your wife is only giving it to you once every 3 months...and she realizes that you need it more and that your not happy about the situation, then she inviting trouble, unless she has a damn good medical reason.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freudian slip, there, Knuckles?

ETA; crap, too slow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top