Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2013 5:09:11 PM EDT
My kids are still a little young for them, but hell if I'm going to show them Han shooting after Greedo, a motile cartoon Jabba & fucked up Mos Eisely etc.
I found a few online, but I'm just not sure which ones are the good ones. Any pointers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait are you saying you're going to show them the original or edited versions?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
the fucked up George Lucas moronized versions are toxic waste

I hate that fucking guy

he is a menace to society
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
the easiest is probably to buy original releases on vhs and dig the old vcr out of the garage.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
google Harmy's star wars
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the fucked up George Lucas moronized versions are toxic waste

I hate that fucking guy

he is a menace to society
View Quote

Every time you post, I picture 'Drunk Uncle' from SNL.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I posted this in the other Star Wars thread.

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

The file is like 17gb so burning to a DVD is out but if your TV has a usb port or if you have an XBOX you can just put it on a thumb drive.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wait are you saying you're going to show them the original or edited versions?
View Quote

The fan unfucked & cleaned up versions with no damned CGI. If you think what Lucas did to Star Wars is bad, THX1138 is worse.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
There are some guys doing editing on the original 35mm film for a blu-ray 1080p quality ORIGINAL release, BUT I completely forgot who was working on it.... Probably going through the file sharing sites due to copyright laws and all that stuff....
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I did the same thing after that thread, fuck Lucas and his remakes.

Want me some original Star Wars
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
google Harmy's star wars
View Quote

OK, thanks. Found it on some boards. Is it like a secret society thing to get copies?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

The file is like 17gb so burning to a DVD is out but if your TV has a usb port or if you have an XBOX you can just put it on a thumb drive.
View Quote

Cool!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OK, thanks. Found it on some boards. Is it like a secret society thing to get copies?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
google Harmy's star wars

Torrent
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
whatever you do, dont do a search for harmy's despecialized edition.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

There are some guys doing editing on the original 35mm film for a blu-ray 1080p quality ORIGINAL release, BUT I completely forgot who was working on it.... Probably going through the file sharing sites due to copyright laws and all that stuff....
View Quote

Which is what Fuckhead Lucas should have done in the first fucking place. I have the original trilogy from the DVD release after they were doing the prequel trilogy with all the CGI bullshit and everything. And you know what, I could almost put up with the retarded CGI they added to everything(although it adds NOTHING to the value of the film), but the bar shootout was the last straw. FUCK LUCAS. I will keep my grainy old VHS copies of the REAL movies until they turn into a pile of plastic dust.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
torrents are so twenty tens...  hip pirates rock tehparadox
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
A buddy of mine rocks his on LaserDisc.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The gold box dvd trilogy set had both the original and special edition copies of the movies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Which is what Fuckhead Lucas should have done in the first fucking place. I have the original trilogy from the DVD release after they were doing the prequel trilogy with all the CGI bullshit and everything. And you know what, I could almost put up with the retarded CGI they added to everything(although it adds NOTHING to the value of the film), but the bar shootout was the last straw. FUCK LUCAS. I will keep my grainy old VHS copies of the REAL movies until they turn into a pile of plastic dust.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The gold box dvd trilogy set had both the original and special edition copies of the movies.
View Quote

Word. The 2006 DVD set had the theatrical release as a 'bonus'
Came in a sweet tin, original Movie poster art, pretty cool.

I have NEVER taken the Special Editions out of the case. Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
wait, so my 2004 trilogy has been tapcolucasfucked???!

goddamnit
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the De-specialized Editions.  Even thought they are in 720P they look very nice. There are even custom covers for them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I followed that link and saw a page full of technical specifications.  But nothing I could "right click, save as...".

Is there an easy-to-download version somewhere, to complement my VHS and DVD copies?  Or does this require me to join some sort of file sharing network?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#24]
When I got them the files were hosted at Megaupload. No idea where you can find then now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Laserdisc. My original Star Wars discs are the only reason I still own my player.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine rocks his on LaserDisc.
View Quote

Yep.  Ripped mine to DVD and mp4.  Fuck Lucas.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I followed that link and saw a page full of technical specifications.  But nothing I could "right click, save as...".

Is there an easy-to-download version somewhere, to complement my VHS and DVD copies?  Or does this require me to join some sort of file sharing network?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other places to get it but I'll leave that up to you
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Aaaand ARF costs me money again! LOL! Thanks for the thread OP. Been wanting to get the originals for my boy and I to watch for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#30]

I was at best buy a while back and got all 3 of those for $9 each. I think it was before the new trilogy box sets were coming out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have the original VHS releases from before Lucas went and "remastered" them.  No VHS player though, so fat lot of good they are doing me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
They're in the pit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm watching Star Wars right now...
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I still have the compressed data files. I can't remember what program was used to burn them to a disk. I know it wasn't Imgburn or Winrar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top