BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They still haven't given me a reason to trade in my bugeye WRX wagon, still think it's the best looking Subaru wagon ever.

They need to bring the boxer diesel to the US.
View Quote

TRUF!!!

02 Silver bugeye owner here.

Also Page 2 owner here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
To be fair that isn't really a Subaru.

Factory Fives are awesome sauce though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We knew that already, the WRX was supposed to get its own chassis. But why have an Impreza, a WRX, and now this thing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why get rid of the Impreza wagon?

They're keeping the Impreza hatch, but the WRX is going sedan only. They're separate models now.

We knew that already, the WRX was supposed to get its own chassis. But why have an Impreza, a WRX, and now this thing?

If by "the WRX was supposed to get its own chassis" you mean "the letters I-m-p-r-e-z-a are no longer on the deck lid" ... well, then yes, the WRX got its own chassis.

Subara way oversold the WRX's divorce from the Impreza.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

TRUF!!!

Also Page 2 owner here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They still haven't given me a reason to trade in my bugeye WRX wagon, still think it's the best looking Subaru wagon ever.

They need to bring the boxer diesel to the US.

TRUF!!!

Also Page 2 owner here.

Mine is a '02 silver too.

17" BBS silver snowflakes, borla hush TB, gutted UP, silicone inlet/IC hoses, STi IC, walbro FP,TGV deletes, APv2, perrin sways/links.

ETA-I'd love a p818, such a good concept.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Sort of want.

turbo - winning

CVT - failboat
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Crosstrek would be badass with the STi engine and manual transmission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that.  Give the US a Crosstrek with diesel option.

The Crosstrek would be badass with the STi engine and manual transmission.

Yes it would be. I would find the XV to be far more interesting if they could put more power under the hood.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What happened to the days where men drove trucks and not chick vehicles? Oh yeah that pussification of America thing.
View Quote

Once upon a time, the only guys that drove trucks were farmers and guys that needed them for their blue collar labor jobs.

Also, I'm pretty sure dudes have been looking for faster and better handling versions of cars as long as cars have been around.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Most 0-60 times for the WRX put it in the 4.6-4.9 second range.  A quarter of a second could easily be a bad launch or bad shift.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What happened to the days where men drove trucks and not chick vehicles? Oh yeah that pussification of America thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most 0-60 times for the WRX put it in the 4.6-4.9 second range.  A quarter of a second could easily be a bad launch or bad shift.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. I was going to write 4.9, but some chucklehead would have quoted the article at 5.2, so I stayed conservative.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks. I was going to write 4.9, but some chucklehead would have quoted the article at 5.2, so I stayed conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still, you have to laugh at the damned Forester beating the FR-S/BRZ in 0-60.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
about the ugliest fucking thing I have seen lately

just think after spending for the fancy turbo motor a 21k v6 Mustang will likely still take you in a straight line
View Quote

No it won't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Wagon with 300hp!

I'll take it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For all of your Subaru hate.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/8a735edc45d3ecdb065c0bc812a3f818_zps3aeaf753.jpg

Jack Baruth, Road & Track magazine and Grand Am driver.

Metrics tested/measured:

0-60 3.8 seconds
1/4 mile 12.4 seconds
Road Holding 1.12 G*
curb weight 2012 lbs. **
power: 270 rwhp, 300lb ft @ 4300 rpm

street version

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/6020e7b283e90fee5a33a302db6b657c_zps9a21761d.jpg
View Quote

Awesome performance, no doubt. I'm just not too crazy about the looks. I understand a lot of guys think it looks great, but it just doesn't do it for me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
What the hell is a Levorg?  It would be cool if it came with a 6 speed but the cvt trannie is going to ruin it.  Subaru seriously needs to make a Forester STI or a BRZ STI.  I love my 04 STI but I would take either of those if Subaru made them.

But this has to me be my favorite Subaru.  It may not be pretty but it's such a sleeper.

Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What the hell is a Levorg?  It would be cool if it came with a 6 speed but the cvt trannie is going to ruin it.  Subaru seriously needs to make a Forester STI or a BRZ STI.  I love my 04 STI but I would take either of those if Subaru made them.

http://img.modifiedcartrader.com/uploaded/XL/2013/04/Subaru-Forester-STi-Forester-XT-Sports--STi-for-sale-custom-32928-701125.JPG
But this has to me be my favorite Subaru.  It may not be pretty but it's such a sleeper.

View Quote

The Forester STi is bad ASS!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top