BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:36:59 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/theoatmeal

"Based on the mass amounts of vitriolic
messages I've received in the past 24 hours, I feel like I'm alone in
the notion that I don't think it's fun to shoot animals in the face.  
Either that or every junior-high-school-educated-gun-toting-inbred beer belly in the United States took time out of their day to send me hate mail."
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.

Never going there again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
People paying to kill those animals is the only reason there's any "conservation" over there. Otherwise the natives would just destroy everything on that continent like they've already tried to do.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Who?
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
whatever, I think his comics are funny.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Commented By wganz on that FB page:
And how do you dumbshits think that they get the money to manage those herds? It isn't from you sending thousands of dollars over there. It is from people that pay for managed hunts that take select excess population out to balance the herd/pride/pack/whatever.

You claim to 'Love the Earth' and want to 'Save the Planet' but you know so little about how it works.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
A different look on hunting

Funds paid for hunting licenses is a big factor in funding local DNR units they can help stop poaching and preserving wildlife areas

Suck it, antihunters
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
He lost my clicks. Typical tard.

From the guy that advocating punching dolphins.... OH WHO WILL THINK OF THE DOLPHINS!!!

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a cull of livestock, the farm raised male lions are worth 22k$ to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
He's entitled to his opinion. Certainly nobody should be threatening him for it. He's quite funny about a lot of things. Hopefully he gets an education about hunting and conservation, and the negative messages don't turn him off. I fear the latter will happen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He's entitled to his opinion. Certainly nobody should be threatening him for it. He's quite funny about a lot of things. Hopefully he gets an education about hunting and conservation, and the negative messages don't turn him off. I fear the latter will happen.
View Quote
Given his knee jerk response, and responses I don't think so.

Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped going to Penny Arcade when they attacked the second amendment. Another webcomic off the list, losing their ad revenue.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#13]
His shit stopped being amusing some time ago.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
What bothers me about all these assholes is they get all righteously indignant on the internet, yet not a one of them has ever donated a dime to animal conservation in Africa, none of them has stepped foot in Africa to spend a dime in their local economies, and they have never stepped a foot in Africa to see any of these wonderful animals they are suddenly so concerned with.  Fuck them all, just a bunch of fake internet activists who sit on Facebook all day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like his sense of humor and personally I think hunting is great if you're going to eat or use what you shoot. Otherwise, paper targets/tannerite/old cars/zombie figurines/something inanimate works. Especially when we're talking animals on the verge of extinction.

In before I get flamed for being from MA.

ETA: I'm also well aware that I don't know all the facts. For that reason, I'm not shitting on either party.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't mind differing opinions as long as there is an open mind, but he said he wasn't interested in listening to talk about conservation or basically any facts, he just wants to be agreed with. Anyone with different ideas is instantly insulted.

Per the usual game plan, tons of libs are wrapping their lips around his bunghole and going full derp.

Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I like his sense of humor and personally I think hunting is great if you're going to eat or use what you shoot. Otherwise, paper targets/tannerite/old cars/zombie figurines/something inanimate works. Especially when we're talking animals on the verge of extinction.

ETA: I'm also well aware that I don't know all the facts. For that reason, I'm not shitting on either party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I kill an animal, must I personally eat it, or can I gift it to someone else to eat?

You admit you don't know much about the subject, but yet you are ready to give your opinion.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
In his honor I clipped the thermals on the p22 and went and smoked a mouse outside
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If I kill an animal, must I personally eat it, or can I gift it to someone else to eat?

You admit you don't know much about the subject, but yet you are ready to give your opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're on a discussion forum, no? Opinions are usually floated around in this kind of medium.

I guess I've never really understood killing a living thing just for sport. Open to your take on it, though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#20]
His beef with the frivolous lawsuit was righteous.

He let that win go to his head.  The Tesla thing was cute, the money raised was a waste.  The Columbus thing was ignorant pop-history.

Meh.  His posts about dogs and cock sauce are funny.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#21]
How much you wanna bet all the people going batshit and calling for her head over the lion pic are the same ones who sign every "stop internet bullying" petition they come across?
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Disney asked theoatmeal... about Nikola Tesla.

As I said before, we didn't talk about the movie. Instead, they asked me a bunch of questions about Nikola Tesla. They asked what Tesla was doing in Colorado, and if he'd ever conducted experiments at Mineral King. They asked if Tesla belonged to an organization called "Plus Ultra", and if it was possible for him to have met Walt Disney. They also asked a variety of questions about the recently saved Wardenclyffe, particularly about the buried tunnels underneath the property that may potentially contain some of Tesla's old equipment. I know quite a bit about Tesla, but I'm by no means an expert historian. My insight into the man is mostly centered around his character -- that of an inspiring, geek underdog who changed the world and suffered bitterly for it. There are much better people than me whom Disney could be talking to. I told them I didn't have much insight, but I did my best and tried to separate the plausible from the implausible for them. I got the impression Disney was just covering their bases with some of these questions looking for confirmation of what they already believe
View Quote

Oh boy.   Fact-checking on Tesla.   With theoatmeal.

Link Posted: 11/19/2013 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What bothers me about all these assholes is they get all righteously indignant on the internet, yet not a one of them has ever donated a dime to animal conservation in Africa, none of them has stepped foot in Africa to spend a dime in their local economies, and they have never stepped a foot in Africa to see any of these wonderful animals they are suddenly so concerned with.  Fuck them all, just a bunch of fake internet activists who sit on Facebook all day.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Troll comment left on FB page.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Ugh, those comments made me wish for an EMP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw that post too. Most of the people commenting have no frame of reference for these animals..or I should say, Disney movies and zoos are the only frame of reference they have.  They don't realize how dangerous some of this game can be.

...and the stupidity of saying that hunting isnt sport because the animals dont have guns, or not willing participants, blah blah blah.
They conveniently forget that if not for hunters, Africa would be a desolate, empty wasteland devoid of animals, deer would probably be a major cause of roadway accidents (more so than it currently is) and many species would be out of control (ie the wolf populations in northwestern US)

I don't see anything wrong with hunting purely for sport.  If done responsibly, it is a resource that can be enjoyed for generations.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#27]

She obviously did not shoot a wild lion.

Simba was farm raised in an enclosure, then trucked to the fenced in hunting area, where he wandered about lost for a day, until Bachmann stalked him to with in 60 yards and shot him.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:27:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Just replied to them,
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#29]
He's always been a fucking retard.  I'll never understand all the people tripping overthemselves to slobber on his cock "oh did you see the oatmeal today so funny hahaha"

Bunch of fucking pikers.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#30]
bunch of bleeding heart internet liberals right there.

just furthers the notion that those whackjobs really do value animal life over human life any day of the week, except for cows and chickens and other animals they consume daily yet personally dont have the balls to kill for their own food. they have someone else do the dirty work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#31]
How do all of you people who decry "sport hunting" propose we effectively and efficiently control animal populations?

You'll gladly float your emotional opinion about poor animals dying and the psychopaths that perpetrate that killing, but I rarely see suggestions for effective conservation and management efforts.

I guess it's just easier and more popular to sound high and mighty...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't think he understands the reason he's alive is somewhere, animals and plants have to die for him to exist.
Even plants and trees will kill to enable their growth.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
bunch of bleeding heart internet liberals right there.

just furthers the notion that those whackjobs really do value animal life over human life any day of the week, except for cows and chickens and other animals they consume daily yet personally dont have the balls to kill for their own food. they have someone else do the dirty work.
View Quote

You don't understaaaaannd. Cows and chickens aren't cute. And raising them in confinement while plugging them full of antibiotics and corn syrup is so much more honorable than senselessly killing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote

This.

Never heard of that place until now. 10 seconds is all it took for me to realize there was nothing of value there...
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, straight up liberal response.  

I emailed him and told him that he lost a loyal reader because of what he said.   He REALLY stepped on his dick with the inbred redneck remark.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do all of you people who decry "sport hunting" propose we effectively and efficiently control animal populations?

You'll gladly float your emotional opinion about poor animals dying and the psychopaths that perpetrate that killing, but I rarely see suggestions for effective conservation and management efforts.

View Quote

The re-introduction of large predators would help.  I have no problem with the re-introduction of red wolves and eastern cougars back in to the Blue Ridge.  IMBY.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Accept the fact that some folks think different than you. It's life.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#38]
never heard of the place

TXL
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#39]
My wife read that crap on the Oatmeal and suggested we start deer hunting.

Quoted:
The re-introduction of large predators would help.  I have no problem with the re-introduction of red wolves and eastern cougars back in to the Blue Ridge.  IMBY.
View Quote

I'm a big fan of this because I carry a gun about while none of the liberals I know do and it would be amusing to see them chased by lions while jogging.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until they eat the first toddler or little old lady, then it's pitchforks and rifles.

Honestly, do you really believe that reintroducing large predators will somehow lead to those poor animals dying in a quicker and more humane manner? The end result is the same: dead animals. But I guess it makes people feel better when a big cat drags an animal down and kills it by clamping it's throat in its jaws until it dies.

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#41]
That Bambi-worshiping catamite is probably just upset that he'll never get pegged by Bachman.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I stopped going to Penny Arcade when they attacked the second amendment. Another webcomic off the list, losing their ad revenue.
View Quote

Link?

TR
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

never heard of the place

TXL
View Quote

It's basically the site that started the Edison hate vs Tesla.

The Oatmeal is more of a Disney Princess/George Carlin take on the real world.  It's funny if you think you'll grow up to live in a castle because you're super special and someone will see that someday or that "those guys in charge" are always the problem.  

It's not my thing but some of the stuff is funny and between that and cat pictures you have the fuel for the internet.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#44]
His 15 minutes are soon to be expired.  His snarky little cartoons are boring anyway.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He's always been a fucking retard.  I'll never understand all the people tripping overthemselves to slobber on his cock "oh did you see the oatmeal today so funny hahaha"

Bunch of fucking pikers.
View Quote

I just spent a few minutes at the site, I didn't see anything funny at all.  Meh.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Link?

TR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

TR

This one?

Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can hope. The vast majority of people who are anti-hunting have simply never thought their position through. No more so than "OMG, you like killing Bambi" anyway.

I've talked to a bunch in my life and after a short explanation every single one of them has reversed their position.

Give him time and education. Though, calling for his head is going to have the opposite effect, generally.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Whats really fucktarded about the entire "inbred, junior high educated, beer belly redneck" stereotypes that these lib idiots throw around is how ignorant they are regarding WHO is really going on these big game expeditions. Most of these "uneducated rednecks" are doctors, lawyers and successful businessmen who pay a metric fuckton of cash for that type of trip. You want to go on a lion hunt? $20k per person will get you started.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Wonder how many villagers and/or livestock the lion had killed?  Maybe none.  That said, many times, the trophy animals are 'problem' animals that need to be culled.  Other times, their population is reaching a critical point and are, adversely affecting other populations that are also, endangered.  It's, usually, a balancing act, as a whole.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

TR

This one?

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-dXBjSvG/0/950x10000/i-dXBjSvG-950x10000.jpg

I think they made a good point.

The rule now is to blame someone, not to recognize that people are responsible for their actions.
The cry of "violence in media" is as wrong and intolerable as the cry of "guns kill people"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top