Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/7/2013 7:25:26 AM EDT
Good for him...although he will certainly now be audited by the IRS.

Link

The American flag that flies over the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office will be raised high tonight despite an order by President Barack Obama that flags across the country be lowered to half-staff to honor the death of iconic South African leader Nelson Mandela.

Sheriff Rick Clark told The Greenville News that he has ordered the flag be raised at the end of today because he said the honor of lowering flags to half-staff should be reserved for Americans.

“The flag at half-staff is for Americans’ ultimate sacrifice for our country,” Clark said. “We should never stray away from that.”
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for him!!!..lowering the flag should not be done for murdering, communist, scum bags

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree fully with this!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The American flag that flies over the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office will be raised high tonight despite an order by President Barack Obama that flags across the country be lowered to half-staff to honor the death of iconic South African leader Nelson Mandela.

Sheriff Rick Clark told The Greenville News that he has ordered the flag be raised at the end of today because he said the honor of lowering flags to half-staff should be reserved for Americans.

“The flag at half-staff is for Americans’ ultimate sacrifice for our country,” Clark said. “We should never stray away from that.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Good
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good for him...although he will certainly now be audited by the IRS.

Link

"The flag at half-staff is for Americans’ ultimate sacrifice for our country,” Clark said. "We should never stray away from that.”
View Quote

Oh, I like how this guy thinks.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Was wondering if there would be anyone courageous enough to not obey the President's order.  Good job sheriff.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#8]

In the quiet of that moment, I recalled a question I was asked last December, when Barack Obama ordered flags to half-staff – and we did not comply.

As a practice, I always lower our flags on Memorial Day, Patriot Day (9/11) and Pearl Harbor Day, and in honor of military Patriots, law enforcement officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty.

But last December, after the mass murder at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, a disgruntled Leftist (and a major Obama donor) called to protest the fact that I had not lowered our corporate office flag as Obama ordered. While the Newtown deaths were tragic beyond words, I responded to her that I do not lower our flags to support Obama’s political agendas, especially those that are an affront to everything our flag represents. Further, I advised her that I do not take orders from the government on when and how I may post and raise our colors. (Ironically, maybe it would be appropriate to lower our flags in response to Obama’s political assaults on Liberty.)

Likewise, for the same reason, I did not lower our flag as Obama ordered after the murders in Aurora, Colorado, or Tucson, Arizona, or Oak Creek, Wisconsin. I certainly meant no disrespect to the dead or their grieving families, and in fact, think Obama showed them great disrespect by politicizing their deaths. Further, I doubt that those flag orders comply with 36 U.S.C. CHAPTER 10, and its stipulations about flag placement in sections 174, 175(m) or 176.

Obama spent a lot of time between January and April of this year using the coffins of dead children as a political platform to promote his gun control agenda – and for the left, gun registration followed by gun confiscation is the coup de grace, the prerequisite to unmitigated statist power.

If you think this president would not order flags flown at half-staff to promote a political agenda, you’re not thinking hard enough.

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/18422
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Obama can "order" whatever he wants. Bottom line is, he has zero authority to order ME to do anything in a case like this. I'm not a federal employee, nor active duty .mil.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for him.

Fuck Mandela
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I agree fully with this!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
In before someone says a sheriff can kick the federal government out of his county

Gr
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Well he is getting beat up for it in the comments section
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Good man.

Fuck obama and his orders.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#15]
FRNI!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if he lowered it for Whitney Houston?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Prepare for ass hurt.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine's at half-staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, it will promptly go back down tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I read the order Friday morning. I decided to not comply nor inform fellow employees of said order. When I got to work this AM I saw the flag lowered. If it was done to honor Pearl Harbor, I have no problem. If it was done as a result of the south african's death, I have a problem. If it down Sunday when I get to work, I may have to raise it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As a practice, I always lower our flags on Memorial Day, Patriot Day (9/11) and Pearl Harbor Day, and in honor of military Patriots, law enforcement officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty.

View Quote

That is how it should be.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Good.

I lost a shitload of respect for Mandela when I checked out a book he wrote on the fight against apartheid, and the eventual freedom of native South Africans. He never once mentioned Steve Biko (one of my personal heroes), who gave his life in that struggle, and was widely known in and out of SA.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
That doesnt surprise you, does it?

People just gobble up the shit the media spews so go figure.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. He needs a little help there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Done.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#25]
If refusing to honor Mandela then he is a true American who still knows what evil is. Bravo!

If he lowers it for Pearl Harbor Day bless him.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone read both the half staff proclamations from 0?

Pearl Harbor.  I URGE half staff.

Mandella.  I ORDER half staff.

FBHO
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#27]
every time someone dies they start this crap! They don't tell you that he was put in prison for smuggling anti-personal mines. I think that one should look into every thing before they praise someone for good deeds, look at what the prick did to get where he was !!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Did Odumbass order/suggest the flag at half staff for Kris Kyle?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuck Obama, Fuck Mandela, and Fuck everyone around both of them!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Does anyone have an email link so I can tell him that I stand behind his decision 100%?
View Quote
[email protected]

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want to really raise eyebrows? Fly the Triskelion or whatever it is called  instead.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#34]
He didn`t "order" half-mast for Maggie Thatcher....
different rules when its a conservative......
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I thought it was half mast for Pearl Harbor remembrance anyways today
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good for him!!!..lowering the flag should not be done for murdering, communist, scum bags  
View Quote

^^^^THIS!!!^^^^

FBHO!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Good, why the Fuck should Anyone in this country give a Shit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good for him.

Fuck Mandela
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#41]
good for Sheriff Clark.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Good, Mandela hated the US.  No reason to have any flags at half staff.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#43]
And this good sirs of ARFCOM is why I beat feet out of CA and moved to SC.

FBHO/FNM

I worked with enough white South Africans to understand what that POS really was and why they locked his black ass in jail.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#44]
So we lower out flag for when someone of another country dies who isnt an American, but when troops die it flies high? Fuck this guy!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Good.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#46]
dupe from yesterday
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Flag code does give the President the power to order it lowered at his discretion. That would only be a valid order for federal facilities though. How he chooses to exercise the power is of course open for debate, scorn, etc.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good for him.

Fuck Mandela
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Sheila Crawford, president of the Pickens County chapter of the NAACP, said the sheriff should keep the flag at half-staff as Obama instructed because Mandela was a transformational figure revered the world over.

“I expect for him to follow proper protocol and fly the flag at half-staff because that’s the respect I would like to give Nelson Mandela as a citizen of Pickens County,” Crawford said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Im tired of this countrys values being turned upside down and backwards.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top