Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even once.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do any of you bronies have a gf or wife? If yes can you do at least 75 pushups in 2 minutes? If yes do you work full time? If yes do you have your own place? OK be honest how many brownies actually made it to the end?

Eta...if you watch with your little girl you get a pass
View Quote

Yes. I have a boyfriend and we were recently engaged.
View Quote

Congrats

Movie is unrelated, but it messed up the format when I put your quote below the video.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll say one thing about you bronies. You don't get all butthurt when we rip on you and that makes you better than 87% of GD

You're all still flaming zipperinthebackofthepants gay
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Bronyism is an outward manifestation of a very low state of self-esteem, usually coupled with sexual fetishes. 

While that itself isn't necessarily 'wrong', this lifestyle is a symptom of much deeper psychological inadequacies. By shutting themselves into this weird, segregated community, they are in effect lapsing into a state of complete denial about what led them to this in the first place. 

This should be obvious. Take a look at the people involved in this community:

- Male
- Late teens to early/mid twenties
- Bullied in school
- Little to no experience with romantic relationships (With other people)
- Obsessive tenancies

I think I've just described 99% of the fandom. Bronyism is a SYMPTOM. It is the symptom of a failed psyche, that in a desperate attempt to forge an identity, has latched onto a childrens cartoon (of all things) and tried to build an entire culture around it.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll say one thing about you bronies. You don't get all butthurt when we rip on you and that makes you better than 87% of GD

View Quote

And this is why XCR is freaking awesome.  Its been a month or so since she posted this and its still funny as fucking hell.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I have a 6 year old daughter, and it is one of her favorite cartoons. Rainbow Dash FTW!!

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And this is why XCR is freaking awesome.  Its been a month or so since she posted this and its still funny as fucking hell.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/9726027799_64b0b0307e_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/9726027799_64b0b0307e_b.jpg

Lol nice!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bronyism is an outward manifestation of a very low state of self-esteem, usually coupled with sexual fetishes. 

While that itself isn't necessarily 'wrong', this lifestyle is a symptom of much deeper psychological inadequacies. By shutting themselves into this weird, segregated community, they are in effect lapsing into a state of complete denial about what led them to this in the first place. 

- Male Yup
- Late teens to early/mid twenties 27, going on 28
- Bullied in school Not really, no.  I got along with fairly well everyone minus an exception or two.  Then again, small town.
- Little to no experience with romantic relationships (With other people) Nope.  Decent LTR currently, previously lived with swingers and a lesbian couple.  
- Obsessive tenancies I have this thing with the number 2, but thats about it.  I inventory my gun stuff every 6 months or so.  Bout it.

I think I've just described 99% of the fandom. Bronyism is a SYMPTOM. It is the symptom of a failed psyche, that in a desperate attempt to forge an identity, has latched onto a childrens cartoon (of all things) and tried to build an entire culture around it.

View Quote

Used myself for the above.

For some, I would agree.  But that could also be applied to literally any fandom in the world.  It is not an accurate nor unique summary of an entire social group.  Yes a decent (but not major) percentage will fall prey to the same social mores you are describing, but the greater majority does not.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am not joking, but I would be very worried that any grown man that routinely watches a show made for little girls, is a pedophile (not including fathers forced to watch it by said little girls).
View Quote

Yep. My ignore list is full of those weirdos.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/295/f/3/haters_gonna_hate_by_aquarior-d4dmb4z.gif

To me, bronies are no different than Trekkies or Star Wars devotees or people that love comic books. Those people all have action figures, and play dress up, write fanfic, and yes, even make pr0n about it. For the vast majority, it's purely entertainment, but you get the occasional one that takes it to extremes (i.e. pony pr0n). MLP isn't my thing, but neither are comic books.

I think a lot of people get hung up on the fact that it's a cartoon originally intended for little girls, but there were plenty of adults obsessed with Pokemon and Sailor Moon too. I just don't get why the extreme disgust is directed at bronies specifically, when pretty much every geek subculture has a few of "those" members, and the rest are just people enjoying what they like.
View Quote

What if I told you that these weirdos jerked it to the ponies?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/295/f/3/haters_gonna_hate_by_aquarior-d4dmb4z.gif

To me, bronies are no different than Trekkies or Star Wars devotees or people that love comic books. Those people all have action figures, and play dress up, write fanfic, and yes, even make pr0n about it. For the vast majority, it's purely entertainment, but you get the occasional one that takes it to extremes (i.e. pony pr0n). MLP isn't my thing, but neither are comic books.

I think a lot of people get hung up on the fact that it's a cartoon originally intended for little girls, but there were plenty of adults obsessed with Pokemon and Sailor Moon too. I just don't get why the extreme disgust is directed at bronies specifically, when pretty much every geek subculture has a few of "those" members, and the rest are just people enjoying what they like.

Furries do it to their thing, gay guys do it to other guys, and a guy in Kansas is currently fucking a watermelon.

The point is that humans will fuck damn near anything.  That has been proven time and time again by idiots.  Case and point, the guy that bled out after getting screwed by a boar, or the one from a horse, or... or... or...

People will do what people do.  And people fucking animals has been around far longer than bronies.  I think it was the Qin Dynasty in China that had a book published about how to fuck livestock.

So your argument is invalid by history.  Personally, I'm more of a chicks and toys kind of guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you'd said "some of these weirdos" I'd agree with you.

I could show you some really fucked up star wars shit that people jerk it to.  Just sayin.  Rule 34 will ruin a lot of fandoms for you if a few creeps jerking it is all it takes to ruin it for you.

Disclaimer:  Not a brony, just well aware of the vast amount of weird, creepy shit out there in all subcultures.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's safe to say that none of us on here do that. There are fucked up people that do it though. I will admit that. You saw that pic earlier in the thread of the guy "Marrying" a pony. That's some messed up stuff right there. Nobody here is that screwed in the head.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I could show you some really fucked up star wars shit that people jerk it to.  Just sayin.  Rule 34 will ruin a lot of fandoms for you if a few creeps jerking it is all it takes to ruin it for you.

Disclaimer:  Not a brony, just well aware of the vast amount of weird, creepy shit out there in all subcultures.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4chan would make his head explode
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
2 pages and nobody can tell me what channel it airs on?

Honestly, if it weren't for GD I wouldn't even know that this show exists. That's what makes me wonder where it airs. Until last spring, we had cable and my kids watched a lot of Disney channel and Cartoon Network. I felt like I was "up on" kids shows other than this one show, that I only hear about here in GD.

View Quote

Its on HUB
179 on DISH

Mrs
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't hate bronies so much if they hadn't infested every corner of the internet. They're present in even the most obscure websites and ruin everything they touch.

Stay in your own containment boards/threads/websites/whatever.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
17% yes, wow.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For some, I would agree.  But that could also be applied to literally any fandom in the world.  It is not an accurate nor unique summary of an entire social group.  Yes a decent (but not major) percentage will fall prey to the same social mores you are describing, but the greater majority does not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Male Yup
- Late teens to early/mid twenties 27, going on 28
- Bullied in school Not really, no.  I got along with fairly well everyone minus an exception or two.  Then again, small town.
- Little to no experience with romantic relationships (With other people) Nope.  Decent LTR currently, previously lived with swingers and a lesbian couple.  
- Obsessive tenancies I have this thing with the number 2, but thats about it.  I inventory my gun stuff every 6 months or so.  Bout it.

What I posted was a copypasta, FYI. :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wouldn't hate bronies so much if they hadn't infested every corner of the internet. They're present in even the most obscure websites and ruin everything they touch.

http://i.imgur.com/IlwYjf2.png

http://i.imgur.com/Dx1E3zW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SKtY10j.jpg

Stay in your own containment boards/threads/websites/whatever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never seen the show and don't care to but, I love a good bronie meltdown thread on arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Not arguing with you there.  But face it some deviations are considered acceptable or even 'cool' - others are frowned upon.  It may not be fair, but that's the way it is, the way it has been, and most likely the way it will always be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

NOBODY is "normal".   We ALL have some ways in which we deviate from the averages of society.

Not arguing with you there.  But face it some deviations are considered acceptable or even 'cool' - others are frowned upon.  It may not be fair, but that's the way it is, the way it has been, and most likely the way it will always be.

One person's "cool" is another person's "lame", "gay", or "geek".

Again, who's to judge?  

Some people are into golf and think it's the coolest sport on earth.  My attitude toward golf falls just barely short of "outright contempt".

Same goes for bicyclists who dress in racing type gear and impede traffic when i'm trying to get to work on time.

Of course, golfer and cyclists will have DIFFERENT opinions.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Oh I understand that completely.  I've been here a while, I've seen many such threads locked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To be fair, this doesn't happen often.  There is someone locked or banned by this time more often than not.

Oh I understand that completely.  I've been here a while, I've seen many such threads locked.

This one has been pretty civilized so far.  It's good to see that even GD'ers can learn.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This one has been pretty civilized so far.  It's good to see that even GD'ers can learn.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, this doesn't happen often.  There is someone locked or banned by this time more often than not.

Maybe they are learning the magic of friendship?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same goes for bicyclists who dress in racing type gear and impede traffic when i'm trying to get to work on time.
View Quote

Sorry about that. Gotta stay light, ya know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd never even heard of it until recently here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, but only because my 6 year old wants to watch it on a continuous loop during all waking hours.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not joking, but I would be very worried that any grown man that routinely watches a show made for little girls, is a pedophile (not including fathers forced to watch it by said little girls).

Damn I was trying hard not to spend money on a membership but blocking these abnormalities might be worth it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn I was trying hard not to spend money on a membership but blocking these abnormalities might be worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are still thinking about us?  Good to know thoughts of ponies are dancing through your little 13'er mind.

Have a cookie.  You'll be right as rain soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Not for me but I find it incredibly amusing/maddening/hypocritical how maligned Bronies are on this site when hoplophobes are making accusations about AR owners being child killers, murderers, psychopaths, etc. and people here get bent out of shape about it. Fucking hypocrites.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

that show is for faggots

real men watch adventure time
View Quote

This is truth!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#36]
No but these threads are hilarious, I harbor no ill will to the Bronies although I did blow up some of my sisters My Little Pony dolls with improvised munitions as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, worth it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not for me but I find it incredibly amusing/maddening/hypocritical how maligned Bronies are on this site when hoplophobes are making accusations about AR owners being child killers, murderers, psychopaths, etc. and people here get bent out of shape about it. Fucking hypocrites.
View Quote

Hey, you still owe me a 'thank you' for the avatar.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well don't I feel like a heel.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I lied on the poll.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Do any of you bronies have a gf or wife? If yes can you do at least 75 pushups in 2 minutes? If yes do you work full time? If yes do you have your own place? OK be honest how many brownies actually made it to the end?

Eta...if you watch with your little girl you get a pass
View Quote
Yes, to the whole list.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#42]

ARFCOM says you're a 13'er and a brony so I must hate you, killing you in the arfcom civil war will bring me no joy my friend.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bronies are the scum of the Earth.
View Quote

Bronies are just people who have a peculiar fandom, for a varying spectrum of reasons, from the eccentric to creepy to horrifying.

Juggalo bronies are the scum of the earth.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Ummmmm no!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Apparently juggalo bronies aren't that uncommon.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Where is your god now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Apparently Trent Reznor was right.  Your god is dead an no one cares.

Juggalo bronies.  Or brony juggalos.  I'm not sure which is the worse order.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#48]
If I've watched every episode and the movie, have the app on my phone, and have watched some fan vids, but have NOT spent any money on merchandise, am I a brony or still just pony-curious? Not sure if I'm ready to commit and call myself a brony. So much hate...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't currently watch it, but my granddaughter loves it and I might have to start.  

Oh the things we do for love...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:39:42 AM EDT
[#50]
You know, I'm a neckbeard AND I have a box-o-swords...but watching MLP?  That's gay.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top