Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/22/2013 3:50:12 PM EDT
Pain is 9/10 and climbing.  I'm sweating and nauseous.  I've taken pain
medications, stretched, used my roller, iced my back...  it's not
helping.  I think it's time to go to the ER... again.  Pain is HELL.  
All I want is for my suffering to end.

Be glad you are not in my shoes... I promise you there are worlds of pain most of you have never experienced.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Kidney stone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Stuck buttplug or kidney stone?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Distracted driver 8 years ago.

40 MPH into the side of the car I was riding in.  

Lady didn't see the car I was in, never hit the brake.

I was in a buddy's old Eclipse... too old for air bags, etc.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Pain is just Weakness leaving the body
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
labor pains?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to my world

Hope you get some relief

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not fun. But don't think you're the only person that has experienced it.

I've been shot before, among all sorts of other things.

It will get better.

View Quote

He didn't say he was the only one.  He was simply stating that he is experiencing pain that most people have yet to endure.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pain is 9/10 and climbing.  I'm sweating and nauseous.  I've taken pain medications, stretched, used my roller, iced my back...  it's not helping.  I think it's time to go to the ER... again.  Pain is HELL.  All I want is for my suffering to end.

Be glad you are not in my shoes... I promise you there are worlds of pain most of you have never experienced.
View Quote

If you find stretching and/or a foam roller help you should consider seeing a chiropractor.

If you don't know someone who can make a recommendation for you, consider checking here:
Motion Palpation Institute
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Take 2 aspirin, call me in the morning. That will be $140.00. Dr.  BHO.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I honestly wish I could trade what I have for cancer.  The thought of dieing isn't nearly as scary as dealing with this crap for the rest of my life.  

My life is a constant struggle to try to keep my pain under enough control to keep my job.

I've seen more docs, had more needles stuck in me than I ever thought possible.  

I've cried out like a baby at work from pain.  

Unfortunately, non-cancer pain doesn't have the research behind it that cancer does.  

Maybe 50 years from now they will find a cure for this shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope your pain goes away.

Whaddya got, back pain?

BTDT, got the T-shirt, not fun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I laugh at pain.......O no wait I take Norco's daily, pain sucks
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Spinal stenosis.

I had this earlier this year. Felt like someone had hit me with a red-hot axe and left it in my  back. Doc gave me a mix of stuff, including gabapentin and something else I can't remember or pronounce. I also got some vicodin.

Good luck, there IS relief out there. The main drugs the doc gave me were a muscle relaxant and another drug (the gabapentin IIRC) which works directly on the nerves to reduce pain.

eta

The thought of dieing isn't nearly as scary as dealing with this crap for the rest of my life.
View Quote

I agree with you. If I hadn't known that there was help available, suicide would have definately been on the menu.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Me, too.  10/325s usually can tie me over.  Did you hear there is a push to make it a CII?  That's going to suck if they do.

I'm a pharmacist, and I'm against making hydrocodone products CII medications.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

suicide would have definately been on the menu.
View Quote

I can't say I've never thought about it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pain is 9/10 and climbing.  I'm sweating and nauseous.  I've taken pain medications, stretched, used my roller, iced my back...  it's not helping.  I think it's time to go to the ER... again.  Pain is HELL.  All I want is for my suffering to end.

View Quote

Breathe slowly and deliberately as deeply as you can. If you do not have another dog, imagine that Jasper is there with you. Close your eyes and imagine that your mind is an empty sphere. Now imagine that your pain is a fire inside your mind. Next, imagine that the sphere is leaving your head with the fire inside. The sphere goes into the next room. Then, imagine that your body joins your mind in the next room while you remain where you are. Now your pain is in the other room.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope and pray that you find relief.

I've felt pain so bad that it made me puke (kidney stone).

I cried, shamelessly, in front of women I didn't know.

I begged for the ER people to stick me with something to make me go unconcious.

Pain that you can't escape from is truly hellish.

Again, I hope and pray that you find relief.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He didn't say he was the only one.  He was simply stating that he is experiencing pain that most people have yet to endure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not fun. But don't think you're the only person that has experienced it.

I've been shot before, among all sorts of other things.

It will get better.

Pain is subjective.  That is to say, if I subjected him to mine he wouldn't like it any better. Sorry you're hurting OP, if you're puking its past time to go to the ER. Demerol or Morphine push is the ticket when mine gets to that point.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I honestly wish I could trade what I have for cancer. No. You really don't. I know you're hurting but that is an unbelievably stupid thing to say.  The thought of dieing isn't nearly as scary as dealing with this crap for the rest of my life.  

My life is a constant struggle to try to keep my pain under enough control to keep my job.

Unfortunately, non-cancer pain doesn't have the research behind it that cancer does.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Breathe slowly and deliberately as deeply as you can. If you do not have another dog, imagine that Jasper is there with you. Close your eyes and imagine that your mind is an empty sphere. Now imagine that your pain is a fire inside your mind. Next, imagine that the sphere is leaving your head with the fire inside. The sphere goes into the next room. Then, imagine that your body joins your mind in the next room while you remain where you are. Now your pain is in the other room.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's trippy dude.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I hear you man.

I've been stabbed, had my nose set without anesthesia, passed a kidney stone, burns, none of those things is even in the same league as chronic spinal pain.

Stay strong man, they get better at fixing this stuff every year, it isn't necessarily a permanent problem even for those of us they can't fix yet.

No permanent solutions OK?

Try to rotate your pain meds and don't overdo the opioids.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, in a few years the govt thugs will have locked all the pain meds down, so enjoy the relief you can get now.

The thugs seem to be busy chasing down pain docs,and busting them for rolling a few too many pills.  A NV demonrat has been chasing the big pharma companies for the records of any doc that prescribes more than a few pills a week...

And no, you really don't want cancer. BTDT.  Got the 5 year T Shirt nobody expected me to own too.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like the phantom pain I dealt with after my amputations.  On a scale of 1-10 I reached a 17.  I begged for death.  No meds helped.  It got better, gradually over a period of 5 years.  Hang in there.  What don't kill you only makes you wish you were dead sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Pain is horrible.
Last year I invested in two Bio companies working on new products for pain. TSRX, (got a buy out) and ACRX (will get a buyout).
Pain is big business
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#27]
How old are you ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I honestly wish I could trade what I have for cancer.  The thought of dieing isn't nearly as scary as dealing with this crap for the rest of my life.  

View Quote

Sounds like back pain which, to me, was waayy worse than having a finger ripped off  waiting for medical aid.

Lot of nerves in the back area. Mine was sciatica.  Six weeks flat on my back screaming some of the time.

Hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Try smoking some pot
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide would have definately been on the menu.

Don't  ever think about it again  

Hope it gets better and you find long term relief.  

My neighbors know when my lower back flails up as they can hear me screaming in agony.  

Be well friend
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Me, too.  10/325s usually can tie me over.  Did you hear there is a push to make it a CII?  That's going to suck if they do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they already?

I have back issues also damn I know the pain
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you find stretching and/or a foam roller help you should consider seeing a chiropractor.

If you don't know someone who can make a recommendation for you, consider checking here:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you can do it right the first time and see a neurosurgeon.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#33]
So, what is actually wrong with you, what is hurt?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Tree fell on me, broke my right hip, broke my pelvic bone In three places, broke 5 ribs on the right side, lacerated my liver and kidney.
Fractured 2 lumbar vertebra as well.

Haven't known a day without pain in the last 20 years, you get used to it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#35]
pain pill junkie

do you even lift, bro?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Back pain?

I feel for you buddy, I screwed my back up when I was 14 helping my grandpa clear some property. Thought I was a badass throwing those big chunks of wood around.

Then I slipped a disc pouring concrete when I was about 20, manual screeding 30 foot wide slabs SUCKS.

When you pick something up and feel the vertebra separate.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Tree fell on me, broke my right hip, broke my pelvic bone In three places, broke 5 ribs on the right side, lacerated my liver and kidney.
Fractured 2 lumbar vertebra as well.

Haven't known a day without pain in the last 20 years, you get used to it.
View Quote

I'm on day 136 of this new pain. Therapy 3 times a week. More tests this Thursday.

Docs just tell me I should be dead and they don't know how to help me since people that do what I did generally die.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Chronic back pain sufferer as well.  Have had it up to the level of OP once, and the fucking dr wouldn;t give me anything stronger than Tylenol.  Tried that a day and threw them out.  Crawled into a liquor store and got a fifth of scotch. That got me thru the next few days.

Hope OP gets some relief.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Most people can't handle much pain. I get fillings with no meds and people think I'm insane for it. I had a doc's eyes go wide and he stammered thru "you walked in on these?" when I took the socks off of my feet that had completely bruised bottom thru to the top black and purple, I'd been putting in eight hour days on concrete for three days and finally went in because they weren't getting better and my GF was worried. I worked as a mechanic with broken bones in my hand, and later with broken ribs grinding when I pulled a wrench. I avoid meds at all costs. I struggle with the doc's 1-10 scale 10 being the worst you've ever felt, because it might be the worst I've felt but it's not that bad, and I don't see how they can diagnose on such a subjective scale. I'm not particulalry tough, but people deal with pain differently.

Goodluck at the ER, even with a valid history you're incredibly likely to get the pill popper run around.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Hope this gets resolved soon. Don't give up.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#41]
If you have back pain consider trying one of those inversion tables like the teeter.  I lived with back pain off and on for years as an attack would come on.  When it does now it's some Motrin IB to take the swelling down and the table to pull me straight again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#42]
That level of pain sounds like you need Oxycontin, MS Contin, or Fentanyl with something like oxycodone or oxymorphone for breakthrough.

Back pain is no shit and should be treated as such.

I'm praying for you brother.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't offer any advice that you probably don't know already but I will say chronic pain management eventually becomes a mind over matter situation.

I have diabetic neuropathy and most nights I deal with 7/10 or 8/10 pain almost constantly.  I take 240 5/500's a month.  Barely keeps it in check.

God bless you brother
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Have you tried a chiropractor?   Two compressed disks and siadic nerve pain.  Chiropractic care and acupuncture can help a lot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How old are you ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Try smoking some pot
View Quote

If it was legal, and didn't jeopardize my income, I would.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#47]

EDIT ^ dude beat me to it.

flame suit on

have you tried smoking the dope?    600 billion people can't be wrong i guess..   supposed to help the pains

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If you have back pain consider trying one of those inversion tables like the teeter.  I lived with back pain off and on for years as an attack would come on.  When it does now it's some Motrin IB to take the swelling down and the table to pull me straight again.
View Quote

I've thought about trying one.  Wouldn't be the dumbest think I've spent money on.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, in a few years the govt thugs will have locked all the pain meds down, so enjoy the relief you can get now.

The thugs seem to be busy chasing down pain docs,and busting them for rolling a few too many pills.  A NV demonrat has been chasing the big pharma companies for the records of any doc that prescribes more than a few pills a week...

And no, you really don't want cancer. BTDT.  Got the 5 year T Shirt nobody expected me to own too.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#50]
its how you know yer alive bud... walk it off..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top