User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta give credit where it's due -

Trent at Unity Tactical is a great dude to deal with; answered all my questions, and is genuine.

If ya'll are looking for a pre-milled slide for your Glock, check out Unity Tactical.

I bought a Unity Tactical ATOM slide in FDE for my G19, and already bought the RMR and Aimpoint Micro adapter plate for it; I'm gonna try out both optics to see which one I like the most.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/10100622316_590055b3e1_h.jpg

ETA: Not affiliated with UT in any way; just giving credit where its due, and recommending a good solution for individuals who want to get into the MRDS Glock.
View Quote

Is the side mount more robust than set screws in the top?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta give credit where it's due -

Trent at Unity Tactical is a great dude to deal with; answered all my questions, and is genuine.

If ya'll are looking for a pre-milled slide for your Glock, check out Unity Tactical.

I bought a Unity Tactical ATOM slide in FDE for my G19, and already bought the RMR and Aimpoint Micro adapter plate for it; I'm gonna try out both optics to see which one I like the most.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/10100622316_590055b3e1_h.jpg

ETA: Not affiliated with UT in any way; just giving credit where its due, and recommending a good solution for individuals who want to get into the MRDS Glock.

I think it has less to do with durability and more to do with keeping the mount modular so you can use any type of optic on it. It would be impossible to mount a T-1 and backup irons if the screws came in from the top.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a RMR but a micro red dot nonetheless.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seen too many reports of the battery losing contact with the RMR while mounted on a pistol. According to ATEI that does a lot of milling for the RMR's they have enough variation between them that ATEI needs the particular RMR you will use to measure and mount it correctly.  

I'll wait for the next couple of generations.
View Quote

I've been there when he fits RMR's to slides, he changes his cutter diameter compensation on his CNC mill a few thousandths of an inch at a time until the RMR body goes into the slide with a slip fit. That's why people have to send them in with their slides, every one is different-probably because there are multiple forging dies used by Trijicon and there's no way to tell which one was used on a particular body.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
stupid question...but is the RMR fiber optic (takes its light from the sun)  or a battery?  

wondering how much a pain in the ass is it to have to turn your dot on for your go-to carry piece
View Quote

Daylight powered, and tritium at night.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

WTF. Space shuttle security?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
why yes i do..milled and cerakote'd by L&M precision.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Think of it this way...your no longer concerned with hitting heads at 25-30 yards...its which EYE do I want to hit him in...RMR on a GLOCK=TV SCREEN OF DEATH...
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Think of it this way...your no longer concerned with hitting heads at 25-30 yards...its which EYE do I want to hit him in...RMR on a GLOCK=TV SCREEN OF DEATH...
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

What is going on at the back of your slide?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the love for the RMR over the Docter a trend thing? I appreciate the RMR is tougher and now comes in more flavours but that thick shroud really puts me off. I use both on carbines and have a Docter equipped long barrelled pistol (don't even ask!). I still favour the thinner shroud of the Docter or Burris as it is less clutter in my sight picture. I am faster with the dot than irons at all ranges, but then, inside 10 yards on a target as large as a man I'm probably not using whatever sights are fitted anyway...
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The charging handle?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the love for the RMR over the Docter a trend thing? I appreciate the RMR is tougher and now comes in more flavours but that thick shroud really puts me off. I use both on carbines and have a Docter equipped long barrelled pistol (don't even ask!). I still favour the thinner shroud of the Docter or Burris as it is less clutter in my sight picture. I am faster with the dot than irons at all ranges, but then, inside 10 yards on a target as large as a man I'm probably not using whatever sights are fitted anyway...
View Quote

The RMR is loved more, because it has a proven track record over the brand new Docter 3.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The charging handle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The charging handle?

I have never seen that. I've seen "wings" on the back of 1911's but not that. Does it replace the plate? Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have never seen that. I've seen "wings" on the back of 1911's but not that. Does it replace the plate? Where did you get it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The charging handle?

Looks like he has one that replaces the slide cover plate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Hello all , I got a delta point for Christmas from my wife -

Looking to mount this on a slide
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slide Racker
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Who has th best deal on RMRs?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you wanna mill it into your slide with iron sights, check out L&M Precision Gunworks..........Mark Housel is a great dude to deal with, and personally did 2 of my Glocks.

You can also mount it to your slide with an adapter from Leupold, however, you won't get co-witness with the iron sights, and "finding the dot" is going to be a pain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who has th best deal on RMRs?
View Quote

DSG Arms if you're MIL/LE, or Grab-A-Gun if you're .CIV
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I had one on a g19 but I got rid of it.  It was definately more accurate, espically at longer ranges.  but it was hard for me to acquire the red dot quickly.  I won't be buying another one.

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

would you put one on a pistol you were going to carry concealed daily?  
  No. I actually don't like it for regular use because I am so used to irons on pistols that I am much faster with them.

I think I spend too much time trying to perfectly center the dot.

Its pretty good for suppressed NVG use though.

ETA: If you do get one make sure to get the adjustable one, I have that and the fiber optic/tritium one, like the adjustable a million times better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an RMR on my suppressed Glock.
What do you want to know? Or are you just randomly asking?

No. I actually don't like it for regular use because I am so used to irons on pistols that I am much faster with them.

ETA: If you do get one make sure to get the adjustable one, I have that and the fiber optic/tritium one, like the adjustable a million times better.

Same here.  I am much faster with irons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an RMR on my suppressed Glock.
What do you want to know? Or are you just randomly asking?

That is most likely because of the amount of time you have devoted to iron sights. The fastest shooters in the world use red dots. The ones that use both are faster with the dot.

No question it takes a lot of work to learn a new system but thankfully most of the practice can be dry fire and done at home.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you wanna mill it into your slide with iron sights, check out L&M Precision Gunworks..........Mark Housel is a great dude to deal with, and personally did 2 of my Glocks.

You can also mount it to your slide with an adapter from Leupold, however, you won't get co-witness with the iron sights, and "finding the dot" is going to be a pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does L&M mill in the Boss's for the RMR? And is the sealing plate needed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody mills the bosses except ATEi, to my knowledge.....Bowie might do it but I'm not sure.

L&M and everyone else mill the tolerances so tight that the bosses aren't needed.

The sealing plate is needed if you want to make it waterproof. I use the sealing plate, and L&M installs the plate as a part of the install package.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top