Well, it's the troof!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even the Taurus 'version' is better.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've read on this site in at least 2 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I stumbled into a troofer thread yesterday

Well, it's the troof!

The safety is in a better position...but I'll bet dollars to donuts the Beretta is way better in every other possible way.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think it is some of the Elite models and the 92G-SD's that were decocker only, so if you had to TRB the gun during a malf, and you accidentally flipped the lever down while slingshotting the slide, it was springloaded.  It would be automatically flipped back to up, to the FIRE position, once the slide went into battery and the hammer dropped.

I did the inadvertent safety activation during a USPSA match once.  Felt like a total idiot.  I was squeezing and SQUEEZING! the trigger and I was like "WHY WON'T THIS GUN FIRE?!" .  "Oh, yeah, durrrrr!".
View Quote

Easy way to prevent that from happening is grabbing the under wings of the safety decocking lever "pulling up" slightly on the as you pull the slide back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta 92 Stock??? :

Beretta Combat:

Notice that Beretta moved the safety down to the frame???

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Beretta 92 Stock??? :
http://www.berettaweb.com/92%20combat/92-Stock.gif

Beretta Combat:
http://s1.subirimagenes.com/otros/1746372beretta-92-combat-2.jpg

Notice that Beretta moved the safety down to the frame???

View Quote

I do like those

I guess the safety decocking lever thing never really bothered me once I learned how to work the pistol well

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Because it's not trendy these days? It's a great pistol and very reliable, but a lot of people don't seem to shoot them well, and dislike them as a result. And it's a bit bulky, which doesn't fit well with concealed carry. If you like it, don't worry about what anyone thinks; they are great pistols.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I never had a problem with my issued M9. Only got to shoot it on two occasions. Once was familiarity training (us SAW gunners were issued one and never given formal training at the time) from a staff NCO who went through Frontsite and many other schools. Second was to qualify.

For having really little experience with a handgun before that I was able to put rounds where I wanted them. Low recoil and because we had to wear gloves the "humongous" grip didn't affect any of us, with or without gloves. I never heard anyone bitch about the M9  who carried one, just from the internet. The location of the safety never bothered me either, even with malfunction drills.

I really don't see why people hate them so much. I love Glocks and will choose a Glock over handgun, but my beat up M9 worked well for me. I was a Lance Corporal grunt, I broke an M16A4, ACOG, PEQ15 and countless other shit in training and deployment. I know how to make things fail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
my 92fs shoots great, most recent purchase was a Italian made 92c from 2011,the 92c fits my hands a lot better,and I carry it almost everywhere I go,the nice thing is it will accept the larger cap mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The safety is in a better position...but I'll bet dollars to donuts the Beretta is way better in every other possible way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even the Taurus 'version' is better.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've read on this site in at least 2 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I stumbled into a troofer thread yesterday

Well, it's the troof!

Early Taurus pistols were as good as Beretta's.
No surprise, since Beretta set up the factory and trained Taurus' employees.

However, like Kimber, once Taurus got to be more popular, QC took a shit and never recovered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Most likely because it only measures up as few millimeters against the sidearm it replaced?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#11]
They are great pistols - one of my favorites. Accurate, reliable, and with the readily available 17, 18 and 20 round mags they pack plenty of firepower.

The only pistol I shoot as accurately as my M9 is my G34.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
All of my objections to 92FS were removed when Mecgar came out with those 18rd flush fit mags. It was no longer too big for its capacity at that point.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just bought one today because I had a holster that needed a gun.

Anyways, why do we not like it again?
View Quote

I don't hate it, but there are better guns today that do what it does.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not reading 4 pages to tell you that it's a smoking piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I am guessing the hate comes from all the Glock lovers that hate metal guns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I was an MP for 5 years and nearly carried an M9 for everyday beside basic etc. Every M9 I was issued was almost like racking a slide on a handgun without the recoil spring, it was just a sloppy and beaten pistol. All of the sights were worn out where there was no white dots remaining. Do I hate the M9, yes absolutely. Would I buy an M9, yes absolutely.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Shit, I love it. Smooth shooting, slick and accurate. Fits my hand really well. Not to mention quite handsome.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am guessing the hate comes from all the Glock lovers that hate metal guns.
View Quote

Glock lovers love glocks

They don't hate metal guns
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I finally bought a 92A1 used because it was a good deal and I like it.

But I'm not the sort of person who gets picky with guns...........if they work I usually like them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I personally am not a fan of any DA/SA gun and  also dislike the placement of the controls. I wouldn't say I hate it as I have shot them before and shoot them just fine, I just much rather prefer to spend my money on other guns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I love mine.

I wish it didn't have a decocker though, and had a 1911 style safety. The Beretta Combat, or whatever it's called seems awesome.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#22]
It was forced upon me and I have done more preventative and routine maintenance on them while I was a GM Armorer on my ship that I would rather have oblowme as King of the US for the rest of his life then pick one up much less purchase one.  Fuck that unAmerican piece of shit!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't turn one down though if given to me as a gift or if it was the only firearm I had to defend my family
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#23]
It's not a bad gun, it's just meh.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I like my 92 FS. Not my favorite gun, but was my first semi-auto.
View Quote
Same here.  Mine is an F model.  1980's vintage, bought new.  I haven't put more than a couple thousand rounds through it over the years, but overall, I like it.

Only trouble I ever had was some ejection troubles caused by improper cleaning by me.  I do a decent job cleaning, but Gunk builds up behind the extractor in a spot I had missed for a while.

Not my favorite, but my first pistol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I discovered it is a big gun and it feels good in the hands if you have larger hands IMHO.

I never realized that until I actually bought one.  I had never even held one before.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really like my 92 "G".
View Quote

this ! i got my 92G for $350 and its like new except for some minor holster ware.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really hate that gun.
View Quote

Too big.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Before the "wonder 9's" became all the rage:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/1f/S%26W4506.jpg/400px-S%26W4506.jpg

I have never heard one single complaint about where that gun's safety was located.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bulky and controls on the slide instead of on the frame. At least, those are two of the things those who hate it bitch about. Me, I like the gun.

By the way, where the hell are the pictures?

Before the "wonder 9's" became all the rage:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/1f/S%26W4506.jpg/400px-S%26W4506.jpg

I have never heard one single complaint about where that gun's safety was located.

Because cops didn't know any better back then - that was the wheelgun replacement model.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:01:34 AM EDT
[#29]
on of my favorite range guns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#30]

I'm not reading all the posts so this is probably covered already, but

Slide mounted safety that somehow managed to unsafety itself often.

It's fucking huge.

A little bit of sand and the damn slide wouldn't move whether running wet or dry (at least in my experience). Even tried graphite...didn't work.

Trigger sucks in DA.

Trigger sucks in SA.

The ones I shot were fairly accurate and to be fair my poor opinion of them is based off of the ones I was issued that were beat to shit anyway.  My overall experience with them has led to zero interest in owning one...ever.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well I discovered it is a big gun and it feels good in the hands if you have larger hands IMHO.

I never realized that until I actually bought one.  I had never even held one before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The size isn't an issue for me, but the fact that it only carries 15 rounds is. I'm also not a fan of the placement of the safety.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The size isn't an issue for me, but the fact that it only carries 15 rounds is. I'm also not a fan of the placement of the safety.
View Quote

Ahh..........the other models carry 15 rounds, mine carries 17 but that doesn't matter much to me personally.

I don't understand why you guys don't like the safety on the slide?  I mean, for me I never noticed much difference but I'm just an ordinary Joe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ahh..........the other models carry 15 rounds, mine carries 17 but that doesn't matter much to me personally.

I don't understand why you guys don't like the safety on the slide?  I mean, for me I never noticed much difference but I'm just an ordinary Joe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever tried using the safety with winter gloves on?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.........it was ok.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#35]
No love or hate here.

If it were available in 45, I'd have one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes.........it was ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.........it was ok.

Your experience is different from mine. I thought about getting a Beretta when I started out shooting, but the safety caused me to look elsewhere (Glock).
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like mine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your experience is different from mine. I thought about getting a Beretta when I started out shooting, but the safety caused me to look elsewhere (Glock).
View Quote

You gotta understand that I am an ordinary Joe when it comes to using firearms.

I am not what you would call "fast with the draw" or other similar things.

So, what might be a problem for a guy or gal with better skills isn't something I would really notice.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So, what might be a problem for a guy or gal with better skills isn't something I would really notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm no ninja either.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Many seem to hate a lot here.
View Quote

The hate binds us all together.
I vote we keep it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just bought one today because I had a holster that needed a gun.

Anyways, why do we not like it again?
View Quote

I love my 92FS's.  They balance well, point naturally, are extremely accurate and will eat any ammo I feed them.

ETA

The slide mounted safety/decocker is very easy to get used to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Its not my favorite pistol, mainly due to size and ergonomics. But, they are very accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#43]
The Beretta 92 was adopted by the military not because it was the best weapon but because our Cold War allies were using 9mm ammo. It was easier for us to change from 45ACP to 9MM then for all those Euroqueers to change.

The Beretta 92 is the poor man's compromise of military handguns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Its not my favorite pistol, mainly due to size and ergonomics. But, they are very accurate and reliable.
View Quote

Grip is too big for my hands, like holding a chunk of 2by4 for me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my complaint as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Because they bust locking blocks like a fat whore breaks bed frames.

Slide mounted safety is redonkulous.

I have a G Model, and it's as close as I would get.

I still don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks, sounds and fires like a desert eagle.......
Because I saw it on sons of guns...
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried it with Hogue wraparound grips?
My GF had problems with the regular grip panels, but found the Hogues to be quite a bit more comfortable.
She still prefers her XD, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Bulky. Safety is in the wrong place. Trigger pull takes all day
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My GF had problems with the regular grip panels, but found the Hogues to be quite a bit more comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I haven't tried that, I'm not sure it would help though.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top