Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2014 4:04:59 PM EDT
Take a deep breath.  Put aside the rancor for a moment.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  Why the hell do I have oranges in February ?

I'm not sure if this is extra late or extra early.........but it sure is a great to go out and pick some fresh fruit in February.

Ok.......resume the Cali hating.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
nice dawg. bad state
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The hate only makes us stronger.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
that would be a great state if we could retake it from the moonbat libs and illegal immigrants
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The hate only makes us stronger.  
View Quote

It keeps me warm inside.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My mom lives in Rancho Bernardo.  She has oranges and grapefruit.

One of my neighbors in San Diego has Mandarin oranges.  Super sweet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You irrigate those trees with water stolen from Nevada and Arizona!

View Quote
Nahh....he uses hippie tears.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have mandarin oranges coming in as well.
The oranges usually come in around October......which they did. It was a bit of a small crop, and this is a relatively small crop as well. I don't recall getting oranges in February in the past.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah we have that too.....and freedom.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
why not post some more pix the view from your back yard, looks to be beautiful

wish i had an answer for you... has it been an abnormally warm winter? tree looks pretty mature, when does it usually start / stop putting out fruit?

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Fruit in winter, no water.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
that dog is thinking hard about that big orange ball at the top.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I just picked some lemons today at a clients house. Unfortunately the two lemon trees are slated for removal for the addition to the house we are doing.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The oranges usually come in around October......which they did. It was a bit of a small crop, and this is a relatively small crop as well. I don't recall getting oranges in February in the past.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My trees are utterly teeming with fruit right now.
Gave my dad a couple of bags, the fruit picker and told him go nuts when he was here earlier.

ETA: Doc, how do you get you dog to do that? I swear, just about every picture you post has him in it with that classic GSD smile.

ETA2: Froot pics, taken with potato

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The smell of orange blossoms in bloom is straight out of heaven.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Mighty big possum you got there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#19]
nice.

but I think I'll stick with Wyoming, 10 below zero, and FREEDOM!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have lemons up here in Northern California right now, its nice from one perspective for fresh fruit but really its going to be a bad summer unless it dumps like crazy for the next few months. But supposedly we are getting rain for the next 5 days.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gave my dad a couple of bags, the fruit picker and told him go nuts when he was here earlier.

ETA: Doc, how do you get you dog to do that? I swear, just about every picture you post has him in it with that classic GSD smile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doggy just loves me!  She follows me everywhere.  She is always quite interested in anything I am doing. She sits and watches.......and I am certain she wishes she could help me with any task I may be doing.  Damn paws........and no opposing thumbs.  She really can't do much.......so she quietly watches me.  She would follow me right off a cliff.

Seriously though......we REALLY lucked out with this GSD. We did put a fair amount if effort into training her, but we also got very lucky.  She is absolutely a perfect dog.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't know that.

Makes sense. We haven't had didly-squat for rain.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The smell of orange blossoms in bloom is straight out of heaven.
View Quote

Absolutely! One of my favorite memories of Florida was the orange blossom aroma as we went to the 12 Hours of Sebring each March.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

ok then

Is that dog allowed to have more than 10 teeth?

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
nice dawg. bad state
View Quote

GSD's rule. Cali sucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
We grow watermelons here. And then we get to shoot them. With real guns.  

(All kidding aside, nice trees!)
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I refuse to put it aside. I don't share my toys.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a California thing, you born and bred PNW pasty skins wouldn't understand
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#30]
[div style='text-align: left;']
Quoted:

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/IMG_2685_zpsfca603c2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/IMG_2685_zpsfca603c2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/IMG_2683_zps1381d503.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/IMG_2683_zps1381d503.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/IMG_2685_zpsfca603c2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/IMG_2685_zpsfca603c2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/IMG_2683_zps1381d503.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/IMG_2683_zps1381d503.jpg</a>

Wow !  Those trees are heavy with fruit.

Mine had a bit more than what is shown in the picture, as I have picked quite a bit before the picture. But, NOTHING like that !

By the way ......how is that owl house working out ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Mine had a bit more than what is shown in the picture, as I have picked quite a bit before the picture. But, NOTHING like that !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That pic was taken after my dad left with 2 grocery bags stuffed too. Probably going to pick a bunch and fire up the juicer in the next week or so.

Owl house has been up for about 2 years now. No takers yet. The one at the house next door is currently occupied though. Since Owls are territorial to an extent, that is probably why ours is empty. They are really cool to watch and keep the rats at bay.
If you want one, I can dig up the number of the guy that put it up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Our dwarf orange tree is the same, too bad the apricot tree didn't follow suit. I haven't looked recently but I bet the raspberries are the same. We also had the longest lasting tomatoe plants I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I refuse to put it aside. I don't share my toys.

http://www.nutwoodrocks.com/rancor.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't hate California... It is a beautiful state.
I hate California's POLITICS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the smell of being able to shoot my suppressed evil assault rifles and hi capacity pistols all day long in my backyard.

I can buy oranges at the grocery store, if I feel like it.  

I lived in san diego for 4 years, I don't really miss it all that much.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I miss the way hills look in CA

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#37]
In before someone says the Rancor causes global warming!

My baby neva did nuffin to nobody!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
nice dawg. bad state
View Quote

LOL OHIO
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be in del mar next month, invite me over for dinner and new crowns
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I cannot honor OP's request, I'm out.  I'm still traumatised by my trip to San Jose last week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I cannot honor OP's request, I'm out.  I'm still traumatised by my trip to San Jose last week.
View Quote

Are you British?

What happened in San Jose?

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We grow watermelons here. And then we get to shoot them. With real guns.  

(All kidding aside, nice trees!)
View Quote

We shoot lemons and avocados.  Watermelons are way too big for guys who shoot as well as we do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Take a deep breath.  Put aside the rancor for a moment.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  Why the hell do I have oranges in February ?

I'm not sure if this is extra late or extra early.........but it sure is a great to go out and pick some fresh fruit in February.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/drsalee/8AE44D3E-CD6E-4F85-8874-502353A052F5_zpsy9zodz4i.jpg

View Quote

You do not understand how citrus works.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#44]
They make the fruit a lot.

Not quite sure how often, but always seem to see more orange trucks, 2-3 times a year. So yeah, living in a nice biome will do that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Our dwarf orange tree is the same, too bad the apricot tree didn't follow suit. I haven't looked recently but I bet the raspberries are the same. We also had the longest lasting tomatoe plants I have ever seen.
View Quote

I don't think that stone fruits and citrus are both going to do well at the same place.  Weather conditions are going to favor one or the other most of the time.  This year is particularly squirrely.

dwarf oranges and lemons often bear year round.  Ours did..

The local fresh farmer who usually concentrates on strawberries, has had years where he has had 3 corn crops a year.  That used to really amaze the mid-west guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#46]
"...unseasonable warmth?"

--Bart Simpson

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't think that stone fruits and citrus are both going to do well at the same place.  Weather conditions are going to favor one or the other most of the time.  This year is particularly squirrely.

The local fresh farmer who usually concentrates on strawberries, has had years where he has had 3 corn crops a year.  That used to really amaze the mid-west guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avocados thrive here (I am pretty sure they are stone fruits) . In fact you can see the corner of one of my trees in the pics I posted. It is pretty heavy as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Driest, warmest winter we have had in a while. You know it is bad when the forest service puts stage 3 fire restrictions in place in the first week of January.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are you British?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you British?

He stopped and asked for directions to Santa Cruz @ 7-11 on Story and King
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You irrigate those trees with water stolen from Nevada and Arizona!

View Quote

They fertilize them with pot. That's why he has oranges in February.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top