Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Never go full retard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would any real American want to display the flag of traitors that engaged in human trafficking and killed US Army soldiers?

Flying the Confederate battle flag is no different than flying the flag of Al Qaeda. Maybe worse, because the body count is bigger for the Confederates.

The American soldiers that these traitorous Confederates killed were good, patriotic American men from states like New York and Pennsylvania. THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.  They had families and they had better things to do, but they answered the call of their country and the only reason we are here today is because of the extreme sacrifices these men made. When you fly the Confederate battle flag you piss on the graves of these heroes.

Never go full retard

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is a specific statute that photographers violated by refusing the homosexuals service. I am prohibited from refusing to represent homosexuals and transgender whatever's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, I'm confused, a private business (school) can violate someone free speech but a private business (bakery) can't not bake a cake for homos?  
There is a specific statute that photographers violated by refusing the homosexuals service. I am prohibited from refusing to represent homosexuals and transgender whatever's.

So if it was a rainbow flag could he have flown it without suspension?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to break it to you, but Confederate soldiers were REAL people as well...........and they had families. Human trafficking also went on under the Stars and Stripes for awhile as well. And the Al-Qaeda reference is silly......not even remotely close

Quoted:
Why would any real American want to display the flag of traitors that engaged in human trafficking and killed US Army soldiers?

Flying the Confederate battle flag is no different than flying the flag of Al Qaeda. Maybe worse, because the body count is bigger for the Confederates.

The American soldiers that these traitorous Confederates killed were good, patriotic American men from states like New York and Pennsylvania. THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.  They had families and they had better things to do, but they answered the call of their country and the only reason we are here today is because of the extreme sacrifices these men made. When you fly the Confederate battle flag you piss on the graves of these heroes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#4]
A few years ago we took a trip along the gulf coast and stopped at the Jefferson Davis home and library called Beauvoir and My wife bought two posters of confederate flags and battle flags for me.

To my surprise she put them in frame and hung them on the walls.  Her friends gave it some what the fuck looks over the years and I just smiled on the inside.

It is our heritage, our history and no I would not go out of my way to show off one of these flags to blacks but I am proud of the heroic stand for freedom our southern fathers and mothers made against the north.

I do not have a stars and bars flag but I might just go out and find one and fly it on confederate hero's day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait, I'm confused, a private business (school) can violate someone free speech but a private business (bakery) can't not bake a cake for homos?  
View Quote

Well, clearly it's different and you're a racist.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]
[Lurch voice] Long Islanders [/Lurch voice]

The folks from L.I. that I've met were among the most self aggrandized, self important, egocentric and arrogant yet woefully ignorant people. It made me genuinely wonder if they knew the entire planet did not revolve around them.

I found them very quick to insult anyone or anything not to their liking.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

With out the good folks from below NY and PA this never would of happened since we southerners turned the tide of our countries history starting at King's Mountain ....where were "real americans" you speek of then at...home up north?

or how about the governor of TN asking for 2600 volunteers to help Texas, our state had 30,000 volunteers show up! these men had other things to do also, when duty calls these Real Americans" stood up

fast forward 150 years........I stood up and Volunteered for service as a 5th generation American Soldier (3rd gen as a Tanker)......did you?

This countries history is rich in valor during times of need, everyone has an "idea" of what they perceive as truth, I for one believe the main purpose behind the civil war was an economic one, others disagree, so be it, they are American and have that right....at least we still have that

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Umm....people from Pennsylvania and New York also took part in human trafficking....aka  slavery.  I hope you seriously don't think the War of Nothern Aggression was fought over the morality/ethics of slave owning.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:50:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't tell if trolling or herping and derping. Probably both.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:51:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So the "African-American students" acted heroically by not assaulting the students with the flag? That's heroism?

I'm not saying it was smart but come on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,” Cregan said

So the "African-American students" acted heroically by not assaulting the students with the flag? That's heroism?

I'm not saying it was smart but come on...
You must have missed the thread where people were saying they would assault people they saw mistreating an american flag.

Emotional people are very emotional.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Trolling hard aren't you?

Anyway, I'd love to see those students wearing shirts with my state's flag on it....

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Umm....people from Pennsylvania and New York also took part in human trafficking....aka  slavery.  I hope you seriously don't think the War of Nothern Aggression was fought over the morality/ethics of slave owning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I seem to recall reading that when slavery was banned in New York, there was a 'grace period' where New York slave owners were allowed to sell off their slaves to markets in southern states, so they didn't have to lose their investment by freeing them.  I think there was also something about New York banks being allowed to be involved in the finances of the slave trade in southern states, even after slavery was banned in New York.

Then there was the issue of the northern iron industry (high production volume, but lower quality product) wanting to put the southern iron industry (low production volume, but higher quality product) out of business, and applying pressure in favor of the war (wartime profits, with a bonus of eliminating competition by classifying it as a strategic target).

The whole mess wasn't the simple pro-slavery vs anti-slavery question that the progressives want us to think it was.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
first off, what the hell are yankees doing with a confederate flag?  second off, they're inNY, of course someone is going to get butthurt about that shit.  i couldnt even count the # of people at my school that had one on their shirt and/or car/truck.  that was NC, but still nodoby ever raised hell about it.  

“The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,” Cregan said.

"heroic restraint"...hahaha, right.  

just goes to show, the 1A is alive and well, as long as you arent white, or christian, or conserative, or anti-gay, or pro gun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I am honestly surprised at the reaction here, I thought that since this place has so many veterans and so many people that support our military that maybe more than just me would have a problem with Americans displaying the flag of a treasonous rebellion against our country that resulted in the death of around a half-million people .

I’m not trying to argue the political and social causes of the civil war. There are volumes and volumes of books on the topic if that is your interest.

I’m just pointing out some uncomfortable facts;
1. The people that flew the Confederate battle flag took up arms against OUR country.
2.They killed soldiers of the exact same US Army that exists today.  
3.Regular patriotic Americans and immigrants volunteered and were forced into service to put down this violent rebellion, many died heroically in the process, leaving families and loved ones behind.

I think that ANY discussion of this flag should start with recognizing this reality out of respect, if not basic human decency.

Displaying the Confederate battle flag is spitting  right in the faces of the heroes and the widows and the orphans created by the TRAITORS that flew that abhorrent flag. It is disrespecting our nation and our military. I’d expect better from this place.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
first off, what the hell are yankees doing with a confederate flag?  second off, they're inNY, of course someone is going to get butthurt about that shit.  i couldnt even count the # of people at my school that had one on their shirt and/or car/truck.  that was NC, but still nodoby ever raised hell about it.  

“The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,” Cregan said.

"heroic restraint"...hahaha, right.  

just goes to show, the 1A is alive and well, as long as you arent white, or christian, or conserative, or anti-gay, or pro gun.
View Quote

Yep, what he said.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Your hate, my heritage.
Go fuck yourselves.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, bless your heart, aren't you adorable?!!!?!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Haha, yeah.

Georgia had a "racist confederate stars and bars hate flag" as out state flag. Now we have the real one and the assholes are none the wiser
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kid should have used this flag. They never would have known.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q197/hwj_chim/800px-CSA_FLAG_431861-2151861svg_zps656b6fd5.png

Haha, yeah.

Georgia had a "racist confederate stars and bars hate flag" as out state flag. Now we have the real one and the assholes are none the wiser

lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am honestly surprised at the reaction here, I thought that since this place has so many veterans and so many people that support our military that maybe more than just me would have a problem with Americans displaying the flag of a treasonous rebellion against our country that resulted in the death of around a half-million people .

I’m not trying to argue the political and social causes of the civil war. There are volumes and volumes of books on the topic if that is your interest.

1. The people that flew the Confederate battle flag took up arms against OUR country.
3.Regular patriotic Americans and immigrants volunteered and were forced into service to put down this violent rebellion, many died heroically in the process, leaving families and loved ones behind.

I think that ANY discussion of this flag should start with recognizing this reality out of respect, if not basic human decency.

Displaying the Confederate battle flag is spitting  right in the faces of the heroes and the widows and the orphans created by the TRAITORS that flew that abhorrent flag. It is disrespecting our nation and our military. I’d expect better from this place.
View Quote

The flag was never a show of racism while it was being flown proudly in battle, it became a sign of racism when people made it a sign, starting in the 50's and followed through the sixties AND THAT HATRED, NOT THE HISTORY IS WHAT WAS TAUGHT TO THE CHILDREN in school

so 150 years ago, when the northern aggressors wanted to kill, burn and take my family off our land...then yes they can go fuck them selves and we rose up and fought them....what would you of done?

remember there was no internet or phones and people rode horses or walked for days and weeks to get news....all you saw was hate from the north coming into your town or city, they had no regard for civilians vs soldiers either they just destroyed everything you worked hard for

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have
ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you
even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read your post. I award
you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. How much effort did the Confederate military put into advancing into Union states?  How much effort did the Union military put into advancing into Confederate states?  Which side leaned more toward a scorched earth policy for their advances into enemy territory?

2. What percentage of Union forces were state militia?  Did Lincoln face a problem with Union governors becoming tired of a drawn out war and recalling their militias?

3. How many Confederate volunteers were killed in battle?  How many Confederate volunteers died in POW camps?  Were there any Union POW camps that have caused questions to be raised about harsh treatment of prisoners, starvation, unsanitary conditions, withholding medical treatment, etc?

Do you follow Lincoln's philosophy of welcoming the southern states back into the Union, or his successor's plan of punishing the southern states?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The flag was never a show of racism while it was being flown proudly in battle....
View Quote

Yes it was, in some instances.  There are some well-documented cases of Confederate soldiers, flying their battle flags, engaging in racial atrocities.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Read up on some other uncomfortable facts from the war....... Roswell, GA ........a town who's women, children and old people were taken away from their homes and abandoned up North with no way to support themselves. If not for the kindness and compassion of the people where they were abandonded, the few that did make it back home would not have survived.

Or Jack Hinson, a man who didnt want to get involved, until Union soldiers captured his sons while they were out foraging for food...........and beheaded them and put their heads on his fenceposts. He took matters into his own hands and sent quite a few Union soldiers to meet their maker

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you so easily ignore that every confederate was also an American.  

Does the fact that they held a different set of beliefs make them less than human?

Loss and tragedy followed both sides of the war, and families on both sides were destroyed. Many confederates died heroically too.

You too are spitting in the face of thousands of men who gave their lives for what they believed. You only get to ridicule them because they lost.
We are not the first generation to question when the Tree of Liberty needs to be watered. They stood up and fought against what they saw as tyranny. Are they less than human for doing so?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.

When I see a Confederate flag down south or on a vehicle up here that has southern plates, I assume that it's a heritage/cultural thing.

When I see a Confederate flag up here, or on a vehicle with NY plates, I figure it's more of a racist thing, and I have personally known people who used it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I certainly think this particular symbol of hate falls in the category of something that should be excised from our culture,"

http://www.ny.gov/images/lovenylogo.jpg
Based on my limited interaction with Long Islanders I would guess the flag was not brought to school to represent state's rights, I can almost guarantee it was meant as a racist dig at black students  

This.

When I see a Confederate flag down south or on a vehicle up here that has southern plates, I assume that it's a heritage/cultural thing.

When I see a Confederate flag up here, or on a vehicle with NY plates, I figure it's more of a racist thing, and I have personally known people who used it that way.

+1

Context is everything.  I'm pretty sure these jacklegs were not in this for the historical remembrance of their heritage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 I think most southerners would agree that it was a terrible mistake from the start, and we pay for it every day.  

View Quote

Amen to that Brother.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Never go full retard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never go full retard

Too late.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes it was, in some instances.  There are some well-documented cases of Confederate soldiers, flying their battle flags, engaging in racial atrocities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The flag was never a show of racism while it was being flown proudly in battle....

There is documentation of Union forces using captured/confiscated slaves (not freed slaves, but slaves that were removed from plantations similar to how horses were confiscated from plantations) to build Union fortifications in Tennessee.  I seem to recall reading about letters that a Union soldier wrote, where he described Union troops target practicing by shooting at the heads of slaves who fell behind during river crossings.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same can be said of the US flag. Lord knows my grandfathers killed plenty of their  British countrymen and Hessian mercenaries in our own war of independence.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, just Wow,

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Personally, I don't think those kids were celebrating their Southern heritage. They interpreted a symbol of southern heritage as a symbol of hatred and racial intolerance, a mistake made by many, and using it as a figurative slap in the face to their classmates. And in so doing, they also served up an insult to Southerners by co-opting a symbol of Southern heritage and reducing it to a nothing more than an hateful racial insult.

They insulted both blacks and Southerners, and I can't blame the school for kicking them out. I wouldn't want anything to do with them either.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Based on my limited interaction with Long Islanders I would guess the flag was not brought to school to represent state's rights, I can almost guarantee it was meant as a racist dig at black students  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I certainly think this particular symbol of hate falls in the category of something that should be excised from our culture,"

http://www.ny.gov/images/lovenylogo.jpg

Admit it, you love us!!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Private school.  No rights.

Still, bunch of crybabies.  "Wah, we're offended by an old battle flag of Tennessee!"  (They wouldn't know the Confederate National Flag if it was shoved up their asses.)

P.S.  Parent named JuJu Quinonez?  WTF.
View Quote

Do YOU know what the Confederate National Flag is?

Edit adding flag's.
Is it this one?

Or this one?

Or this one?

Or all of the above?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm now curious...

-how long have you been in FL?

-where did you move here from?

-what part of FL did you move to?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The United States of America, as it was intended to be, was a  confederation of individual sovereign states, each with the right to determine their own laws and destiny, organized into a Union to protect them from foreign powers and streamline trade.
Those southern states had every right to back out of that Union when they no longer felt it in their best interest to be a part of it. From your modern 21st century view point you see it as betraying America, but as citizens of individual sovereign states they were Tennesseans, Missourans, Virginians, etc FIRST. They were defending their homelands.

As citizen of a flyover state in a nation now becoming more and more dominated by the politics of the coasts, I would like to reserve my states right of  to peacefully bow out and determine our own course, when we find the course our Federal government is no longer in our interest.
This was exactly what the southern states set out to do. The CSA did not attack the north, or invade, or try to force institutions on them.

Now, I can't defend slavery, and wouldn't try to. But you can't paint the north as the good Samaritans either, slavery was still legal in the North during the war, and Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate states, a Nation he didn't control (how generous of him).
In fact he offered a constitutional amendment protecting slavery to try and stop secession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_Amendment
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#43]

If they had brought in this flag

They would have been given an A for celebrating cultural diversity.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Bring a Confederate flag to school and hurt a minority's feelings - indefinite suspension and national outrage.

Bully and Assault a white kid on a bus - crickets.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#46]
So basically government is good and any opposition to it is bad? Have fun sucking the Obama teet.
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The United States of America, as it was intended to be, was a  confederation of individual sovereign states, each with the right to determine their own laws and destiny, organized int a Union to protect them from foreign powers and streamline trade.
Those southern states had every right to back out of that Union they no longer felt it in their best interest to be a part of it. From your modern 21st century view point you see it as betraying America, but as citizens of individual sovereign states they were Tennesseans, Missourans, Virginians, etc FIRST. They were defending their homelands.

As citizen of a flyover state in a nation now becoming more and more dominated by the politics of the coasts, I would like to reserve my states right of  to peacefully bow out and determine our own course, when we find the course our Federal government is no longer in our interest.
This was exactly what the southern states set out to do. The CSA did not attack the north, or invade, or try to force institutions on them.

Now, I can't defend slavery, and wouldn't try to. But you can't paint the north as the good Samaritans either, slavery was still legal in the North during the war, and Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate states, a Nation he didn't control (how generous of him).
In fact he offered a constitutional amendment protecting slavery to try and stop secession.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The United States of America, as it was intended to be, was a  confederation of individual sovereign states, each with the right to determine their own laws and destiny, organized int a Union to protect them from foreign powers and streamline trade.
Those southern states had every right to back out of that Union they no longer felt it in their best interest to be a part of it. From your modern 21st century view point you see it as betraying America, but as citizens of individual sovereign states they were Tennesseans, Missourans, Virginians, etc FIRST. They were defending their homelands.

At least some people know what it was about.

It was about The Union government that became the Fed government trying to tell states what they could and could not do, some did not like it and tried to leave and where FORCEFULLY pulled back in.

THAT is the civil war, if it was a war over racism and slavery there would of been NO black men fighting on the Souths side And there's more than you think that did there just not advertised as that doesn't fit the winning sides story of the EVIL SLAVING SOUTH.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bring a Confederate flag to school and hurt a minority's feelings - indefinite suspension and national outrage.

Bully and Assault a white kid on a bus - crickets.
View Quote

When I was a kid, my brother brought me back a Confederate flag from when he did basic training in SC. I took it into school for show-and-tell.

Much different world back then.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#49]
lol at the troll and lol at all the butthurt southerners taking him seriously
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Face it, the rectangular battle flag has been taken over by the White Power movement since the 1950's.

Kids were dumb and deserved an expulsion.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top