Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/22/2014 3:09:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Drugs got better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Freddy had the gay aids, but Magic had the straight aids.

No freaking clue, to be honest. Whole thing seems kinda weird.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The cure is all about the benjamins,.,,
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Magic was tested early when he contracted HIV, which can lead to AIDS. Freddy wasn't tested at all (or tested too late) and developed full-blown AIDS.

AIDS is the death sentence, not HIV.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#6]
God punished Freddie for being gay.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Freddy didn't want to live forever, he just wanted to break free.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Freddy's Johnson wasn't magic enough.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Magic was tested early when he contracted HIV, which can lead to AIDS. Freddy wasn't tested at all (or tested too late) and developed full-blown AIDS.

View Quote

Probably this and to a lesser extent but still important, money.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#10]
That set Freddie and Queen did during that Live Aid or whatever it was concert.......I'm not a concert going guy but I would have liked to have been there for that.  Dude was a rock'n roll frontman (pun not intended)
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Magic Johnson went on a full court press to fight the disease.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Conspiracy duh
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#14]
It was that song about JackieO...
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn beat to it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]
The virus needs certain enzymes to replicate. Treatments beginning in 1995 began to block several of those enzymes. Magic was treated by the Dr that pioneered this. IIRC, this treater was Time's man of the year.

Freddy was in an earlier cohort of patients before this technology was available. The initial therapies were defeated by subtle mutations of the virus.

Companies and researchers in the field are pursuing a cure. Several patients have been cured with bone marrow transplants from donors that lack certain cell receptors. The therapies now are leaps and bounds beyond initial AZT only therapy.

Gay, straight, rich, or poor, there are programs and treatments available. In 30 years, pharma has turned a death sentence into a chronic, manageable condition where life expectancies are only modestly different from the uninflected for people that receive treatment and take good care of themselves.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That set Freddie and Queen did during that Live Aid or whatever it was concert.......I'm not a concert going guy but I would have liked to have been there for that.  Dude was a rock'n roll frontman (pun not intended)
View Quote

I would have loved to have been at Live Aid.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This ^

Magic doesn't have AIDS, he has HIV. Meds have come a long way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#19]
RACISM!

AIDS hates white people.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Magic doesn't really have HIV?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Magic was a giver, Freddy was a taker

it's all about care and $$, as already mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:48:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Affirmitive action.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
God punished Freddie for being gay.
View Quote

Why wouldn't He punish Magic Johnson for being an adulterer?

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The virus needs certain enzymes to replicate. Treatments beginning in 1995 began to block several of those enzymes. Magic was treated by the Dr that pioneered this. IIRC, this treater was Time's man of the year.

Freddy was in an earlier cohort of patients before this technology was available. The initial therapies were defeated by subtle mutations of the virus.

Companies and researchers in the field are pursuing a cure. Several patients have been cured with bone marrow transplants from donors that lack certain cell receptors. The therapies now are leaps and bounds beyond initial AZT only therapy.

Gay, straight, rich, or poor, there are programs and treatments available. In 30 years, pharma has turned a death sentence into a chronic, manageable condition where life expectancies are only modestly different from the uninflected for people that receive treatment and take good care of themselves.

View Quote

People are amazing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:51:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Thats funny my daughter keeps asking the same question.  She did a bio on freddie and she thinks if he had come out about it sooner it might have made a differance.

One thing is I would not trade freddie for a thousand magic johnsons
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#27]
MJ thrives on HIV.  He draws whore power from it, same way Godzilla craves electricity.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#28]
he had butt aids.  you get butt aids and you die
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Fourth post nails it. If Freddie Mercury (pbuh) had contracted HIV 5 years later, we'd all be talking about how good Queen used to be, and how they really should just hang it up.

Magic Johnson was diagnosed with HIV very early in the disease, and after Freddie Mercury had died.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:08:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

What he said ^
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of this right here. Combination drug therapies are so good that in some patients, while still infected, you cannot even detect the virus. Therapies also help prevent conversion of medical and other personnel exposed via needle stick or other contamination. I know a few people that were spared from infection including a brilliant surgeon after he screwed up big time in the OR.

The CCR5-delta32 mutation is fascinating
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Remember when AIDS was called GRIDS and HIV was HTLV-3?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:11:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Because there is no justice in this godless world. Instead of having a man with a heavenly voice, who could be singing today; we get a basketball has-been hawking forced Obamacare on radio and youtube.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because there is no justice in this godless world. Instead of having a man with a heavenly voice, who could be singing today; we get a basketball has-been hawking forced Obamacare on radio and youtube.
View Quote

Yes.  If Freddy were still alive he'd be taking a stand against Obama and Obamacare.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#36]
It's Magic.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
RACISM!

AIDS hates white people.
View Quote

Mmm...Freddie was from India.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes.  If Freddy were still alive he'd be taking a stand against Obama and Obamacare.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would he even care?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why would he even care?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would he even care?

I'm virtually certain he would be queer for everything Obama did.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Freddy was just a poor boy from a poor family.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Remember when AIDS was called GRIDS and HIV was HTLV-3?
View Quote

Don't remember that. Not saying it's not true.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That set Freddie and Queen did during that Live Aid or whatever it was concert.......I'm not a concert going guy but I would have liked to have been there for that.
View Quote

Live Aid 1985.

That set by Mercury, and his control of the vast crowd was rightly described as "Looking like the Nuremburg Rallies with a band." it is also called "The Greatest Performance in Rock and Roll History."

I've been to and watch video of lots of live shows in my half century, including seeing Queen twice, but I have never seen anything like it (and all I've seen is the video).

As others said, he was an early casualty in the AIDS epidemic. Someone mentioned HTLV-3... i remember that moniker from a virology class I took in like 1988(?). Back then people simply refused to understand the hazard such a virus posed to the human population. Especially once it was shown to affect the heterosexual population through non-blood, non-sexual transmission. Picture, if you will America and Europe having the same AIDS epidemic and the epidemic consequences as Africa or Thailand has today. Bloody grim outcome, I tell you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Freddy was just a poor boy from a poor family.
View Quote

He tied  his mother down !
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Freddie had the NHS, Magic had the free market.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Semen in the mouth & ass can never be healthy...

Magic just some bad cooter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Racism.

No, I mean homophobia.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Semen in the mouth & ass can never be healthy...

View Quote

I've been trying to convince my wife of the health benefits ....
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:56:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah like Mercury was broke...
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mercury was in Queen. You think money was an issue? Lol news flash. He was rich as fuk
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Freddy Mercury (pbuh) would be too busy singing newer and greater songs to care about American politics. Some people are artists who transcend petty things such as popularity contests.

If you are a washed up Basketball player whaddyado? But if you are Freddy Mercury.   If you are Freddy Mercury you can do anything.  Remember Commando?  He almost beat Arnold.  How many people can say that?

Gonna listen to a night at the opera now
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top