BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All signs point to deserter and traitor, but thanks to the story the Army generated about him lost on patrol and promoting him twice what the fuck can they do about it now?
View Quote

Simple.  The Truth.  It needs to be there, this admin has been running on fairy tales for 6 years, but the truth is still there.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Lets see how Obama spins this one, especially since the guys in his unit say that  they were forced to sign NDA's but don't care because this is so outrageous.   They are going to tell the truth and make it be known that this guy  caused the death of six men that were sent out to look for him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
fuck that dude in the ass with a razor dildo.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Two members voted "hero".

I didn't know Bill Ayers and Obama were members here.

View Quote

Ron Paul and Adam Kokesh
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's a major domestic security risk if he's allowed to go free when he returns to the States, that much is sure.
View Quote

Shouldn't DHS have done something to prevent the release of those who's life goal is to destroy us?

TXL
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bowe Bergdahl. Hero, Deserter, or Traitor?
View Quote

I don't know enough of the facts around the case to make a rational and reasonable decision.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
For one minute I don't believe he was kidnapped or lost on patrol. I believe he was disillusioned and decided to leave in his own way by walking off post. I also don't believe he first intended on going to the Taliban, but he knew it was a possibility to be caught by them and that's why he left his rifle at the post.

Once in the Taliban's hands, no one but he and Taliban know what occurred and what information he gave them. At the time he walked off his post or away from his squad, he lost all the respect and honor given to the other heroes in the service for our country.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]
His dad damned well better be on some watchlists.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All signs point to deserter and traitor, but thanks to the story the Army generated about him lost on patrol and promoting him twice what the fuck can they do about it now?
View Quote

I know one of the guys who was in his squad with him when this all went down. They all had to sign NDA's but he has told me enough to know that their is no doubt that this scumbag deserted. What is in doubt is how much he told told the Taliban whom he actively sought out after deserting. Anyway you look at it, because of him at least six good men were killed. and many more WIA. There needs to be redemption.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I know one of the guys who was in his squad with him when this all went down. They all had to sign NDA's but he has told me enough to know that their is no doubt that this scumbag deserted. What is in doubt is how much he told told the Taliban whom he actively sought out after deserting. Anyway you look at it, because of him at least six good men were killed. and many more WIA. There needs to be redemption.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the possibility of all involved in signing the NDA's to refute them as being forced to sign?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#12]
even CNN is bringing up that many are calling him a deserter
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
even CNN is bringing up that many are calling him a deserter
View Quote

They don't wanna be on the wrong side of this issue
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For one minute I don't believe he was kidnapped or lost on patrol. I believe he was disillusioned and decided to leave in his own way by walking off post. I also don't believe he first intended on going to the Taliban, but he knew it was a possibility to be caught by them and that's why he left his rifle at the post.

Once in the Taliban's hands, no one but he and Taliban know what occurred and what information he gave them. At the time he walked off his post or away from his squad, he lost all the respect and honor given to the other heroes in the service for our country.

View Quote

...and you would be wrong in your belief. I have it on good account that he was actively seeking them out, asking the locals to point him toward the Taliban after he deserted.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.facebook.com/Operatorasphuk/posts/1498917640323682:0

If that's all true this guy needs to be charged. I can't even believe we would trade for him. I'm in disbelief, and shock right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl.
Don't feed into the hype. Fuck this guy.

"Forwarded from Jeff Howard. "We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little "out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them.

https://www.facebook.com/Operatorasphuk/posts/1498917640323682:0

If that's all true this guy needs to be charged. I can't even believe we would trade for him. I'm in disbelief, and shock right now.

You can't believe FBHO would release 5 jihadists for one American jihadist sympathizer. Where have you been since 2008?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now let's make a deal with Mexico.

We will trade them 10,000,000 illegals for one Marine.

View Quote

Now there's a deal I can support. Just take the illegals here in OH first.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck him. Throw him in gitmo amd water board. Exhile the whole family.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...and you would be wrong in your belief. I have it on good account that he was actively seeking them out, asking the locals to point him toward the Taliban after he deserted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wrong at least once before.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He's a major domestic security risk if he's allowed to go free when he returns to the States, that much is sure.
View Quote

This.

Pretty ominous that guys like him (and his dad) were/are lurking in the shadows in our country.

Look for the next terrorist attack to be carried out by American born islamists. And not the prison convert NOI types,
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:09:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Another story from a Soldier who served with Bergdahl, Nathan Bradley Bethea.  This was particularly interesting:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html#

Bergdahl was not the first American soldier in modern history to walk away blindly. As I write this in Seoul, I'm about 40 miles from where an American sergeant defected to North Korea in 1965. Charles Robert Jenkins later admitted that he was terrified of being sent to Vietnam, so he got drunk and wandered off on a patrol. He was finally released in 2004, after almost 40 hellish years of brutal internment. The Army court-martialed him, sentencing him to 30 days' confinement and a dishonorable discharge. He now lives peacefully with his wife in Japan—they met in captivity in North Korea, where they were both forced to teach foreign languages to DPRK agents. His desertion barely warranted a comment, but he was not hailed as a hero. He was met with sympathy and humanity, and he was allowed to live his life, but he had to answer for what he did.

I believe that Bergdahl also deserves sympathy, but he has much to answer for, some of which is far more damning than simply having walked off. Many have suffered because of his actions: his fellow soldiers, their families, his family, the Afghan military, the unaffiliated Afghan civilians in Paktika, and none of this suffering was inevitable. None of it had to happen. Therefore, while I’m pleased that he’s safe, I believe there is an explanation due. Reprimanding him might yield horrible press for the Army, making our longest war even less popular than it is today. Retrieving him at least reminds soldiers that we will never abandon them to their fates, right or wrong. In light of the propaganda value, I do not expect the Department of Defense to punish Bergdahl.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
By deserting under the circumstances he did, he effectively became a traitor, imo.

View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1!
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Deserter

Also responsible for 5 solders deaths looking for him
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Based on this dudes backstory, is it any suprise the administration was excitted for the exchange to secure his release?

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#28]
All he needs right here.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#29]
During my time at Ft. Bragg in the 1990s one of my buddies that was in basic and Airborne with me deserted but eventually came back through a amnesty process that gave him a dishonorable discharge. But what Bergdahl did goes beyond what my buddy's as this was during war time and endangered other soldier's lives.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FUCK berghdal, he is a Traitor and good men died because of him.
View Quote

More will die in the future.  Those  released fiveTaliban  leaders  will go back to making war and killing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Deserter and attempted traitor, even hajj didn't want his dumb ass.

Gurantee he tries to blow something up within 5 years
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#33]
It was necessary to free him in order to once again try and focus all attention on "BUSH'S WARZ!!1!" as a build up to the election. Can't have people focusing on every other failure... Now the Democrats have a new talking head who will say how the Taliban are awesome, cute and cuddly and the Great Satan sucks monkey dick.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I do not know all the details of what happened when he disappeared just internet rumors, if those rumors are remotely true.

All I can think about is the television show "Homeland"

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bullshit!  How will he repay the men who died trying to "rescue" him?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If true - deserter.

However I think he got smacked (or other things) by the hard dick of reality. Typical of libtards his age when he "grew a brain" and thought walking off would be better, as if the Taliban would see his ways...

That being said, he doesn't deserve any more time in captivity, tried, anything. He's served his hell I'm sure. Just because he might have played their game in captivity doesn't mean they didn't fuck his world up.

What he does deserve is to be discharged, and left in peace. I don't care who you are - 5 years with the Taliban will ruin your life and smash your rose colored glasses.

Bullshit!  How will he repay the men who died trying to "rescue" him?  

I refuse to use the word rescue to describe that. Recapture is more suited, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#36]
People are just starting to find out that the official version is a pack of lies.  The fallout should be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If true - deserter.

However I think he got smacked (or other things) by the hard dick of reality. Typical of libtards his age when he "grew a brain" and thought walking off would be better, as if the Taliban would see his ways...

That being said, he doesn't deserve any more time in captivity, tried, anything. He's served his hell I'm sure. Just because he might have played their game in captivity doesn't mean they didn't fuck his world up.

What he does deserve is to be discharged, and left in peace. I don't care who you are - 5 years with the Taliban will ruin your life and smash your rose colored glasses.

View Quote

I think you are the one wearing the rose colored glasses. You don't think it's a coincidence his father (remember he was homeschooled) back in the states is an islam sympathizer? You really think he was "captured"?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Good, only 24 people are currently retarded in GD.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
How do we really know this guy goes AWOL and who 'hates America' did not participate in attacks on Americans with the Taliban?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If true - deserter.

How do we really know this guy goes AWOL and who 'hates America' did not participate in attacks on Americans with the Taliban?

We don't. It appears he was taught the language, I'm certain he pulled his share of weight. Maybe they made sure he wasn't in a position to actually get caught like lindahl, but he doesn't look worse for wear.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People are just starting to find out that the official version is a pack of lies.  The fallout should be interesting.
View Quote

Yep, and right after BO is seen hugging his parents outside the White House. Awesome.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Captured US soldier has joined our cause, say Taliban

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/multimedia/archive/00062/Bowe-Bergdahl-580_62843a.jpg

22 August 2010
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/world_news/Afghanistan/article376561.ece

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Captured US soldier has joined our cause, say Taliban

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/multimedia/archive/00062/Bowe-Bergdahl-580_62843a.jpg

22 August 2010

This image made from video released Wednesday April 7, 2010 by the Taliban via the Site Intelligence Group shows U.S. soldier Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl. In the video, Bergdahl, captured in Afghanistan in June 2009, says he wants to return to his family in Idaho and that the war in Afghanistan is not worth the number of lives that have been lost or wasted in prison. It is the first he has been seen since the Taliban released a video of him on Christmas Day. A Taliban commander in Paktika said the 24-year-old Bergdahl had converted to Islam (AP) The only known American soldier in Taliban captivity is training fighters in bombmaking and ambush, according to one of his captors and the Afghan intelligence agents working to free him.

A Taliban deputy district commander in Paktika province said the 24-year-old American had converted to Islam in the months after his capture. He said Bergdahl, from Idaho’s Sun Valley, had trained Taliban fighters in bomb-making and ambushing convoys.

"When I saw him for the second time, he had totally changed. He had a beard and he treated all of us very respectfully. He seemed very relaxed in our company.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/world_news/Afghanistan/article376561.ece

I should have read further, it would have saved me some typing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Deserter for sure, probably a traitor as well.  You don't get captured, treated well, allowed to communicate to your father, used as a bargaining chip, and finally exchanged for prisoners just because.  I'll bet he at least gave up some information voluntarily to the taliban at the time of his "capture".  That's just speculation though.

Confirmed he's a fucking deserter, and lives were lost looking for his sorry ass.  Death penalty.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep, and right after BO is seen hugging his parents outside the White House. Awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non-military people were wondering WTF was going on with him still having his beard.  Once again I'm forced to wonder if there's a sinister overarching plan here or if this administration is just out of it's collective fucking mind
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't really know but reports surrounding his actions seem to indicate a deserter.

His father is evidently a big "America is bad" guy.  Might give some insight into why Bergdahl was "disillusioned" with the war.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Any way to find out who voted 'Hero'?

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If he was/is a deserter and traitor, why would we want to leave him with the enemy? Showing the world, and anyone interested in deserting, that we will eventually find you can be a powerful incentive. Wait till The Obama gets Snowden back. It will happen before he leaves office.

I think 5 major Taliban terrorists may have been a steep price to pay, but we got him back and at some point, hopefully, the truth will come out.
View Quote

Because he is not worth the risk to get back. Because he is more dangerous free here in the homeland, where he can organize domestic terrorists, then back in some Afghani caves. Bringing him back gives him time to regroup, catch up to the present, then defect again with new knowledge.

Heck I'll be he doesn't even have to defect. He is now a planted spy for the Taliban and will be in contact with them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. It may take a few days, but I expect at some point we'll see TV interviews with the families of the soldiers who died and were wounded while looking for Bergdahl. Thos interviews will shed a far different light on his actions and this prisoner swap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

oh brother.

What a farce our country has become.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This.

Pretty ominous that guys like him (and his dad) were/are lurking in the shadows in our country.

Look for the next terrorist attack to be carried out by American born islamists. And not the prison convert NOI types,
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Yep. It's obamas gift, for having to kill OBL.

And no, I don't think that helicopter casualty was an "accident" either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree. It may take a few days, but I expect at some point we'll see TV interviews with the families of the soldiers who died and were wounded while looking for Bergdahl. Thos interviews will shed a far different light on his actions and this prisoner swap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only it could come out before all the ticker tape  parades..........
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top