Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 224
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
NOLO, let me get this one for you.  SOON...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Originally Posted By excursel:
So NOLO can we get detail what role etc Mr Heller will have in the case and any other information?

the press release will spell everything out.

eta on press release?

Well done!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

Why is there a statue of Donald Regan in Berlin?  It was his boss, Ronald Reagan that gave the famous speech.

Minor nit that I pick.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:
Originally Posted By dillehayd:

It took years of work to get a statue of Regan in Berlin. A Nolo statue would take days if not hours.

Why is there a statue of Donald Regan in Berlin?  It was his boss, Ronald Reagan that gave the famous speech.

Minor nit that I pick.  

I'll make sure Mike knows my transgression.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GuardianAgent:

Well done!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GuardianAgent:
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:
So NOLO can we get detail what role etc Mr Heller will have in the case and any other information?

eta on press release?

Well done!

WAIT FOR IT.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

A press conference?  No way!

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitkashooter] [#5]
Some guy here in Alaska has accused Nolo of being an idiot shyster lawyer... Here is what he just wrote on an Alaska NFA page:

"Criticizing the plan or the players does not make one antigun, or gay, or retarded, or a rich fatcat. Can you agree with that? Not the end goal, but the plan and the players. Can you distinguish between those three things? I have to ask, because as a rule, nobody else has when these issues are brought up.
First way- inexperienced lawyers. Just because a lawyer knows what an AR15 is or what NFA stands for or feels that a trust is a good means to possess a firearm does not mean he is a good lawyer, or an experienced lawyer. Which is why I would like to keep everyone aware of the fact that those lawyers who argued Heller are not involved in Hollis. That is a very important fact, one which is not only not being discussed, when it is pointed out, the person who points it out is personally attacked...
Alan Gura, Robert Levy, and Clark Neily are stellar lawyers, both in their grasp of law and in legal maneuvering. I have seen nothing that would indicate that those currently involved in Hollis, or those involved in the Heller Foundation, make me want to have them 'help' determine the future of our gun rights in any fashion. And remember- Gura & Co. only won Heller by a single vote.
Second way- a bad case. Starting with a bad case is a great way to make bad case law. Finding and filing your case only after you have received $20-30,000 in free money from a gofundme campaign is not how you find a good case. Any lawyer who doesn't have $20-30,000 in free money from a gofundme campaign will say that. Your first personal attack against someone who disagrees with your assertion is that I'm financially driven- I don't have a no strings attached gofundme campaign in place. Starting with the first way, continuing with the second way, leads you right into the third way-
Activist judges- of which they all are. So you've got the first, you've got the second- hell, you don't even need both, you could have varying degrees of either or, for that matter, just a moonbat judge who has spent her entire life to get to where she can 'make a difference'... which means she not only gets to say 'no', she gets to say 'no- and here's why, and where, and for whom...'
I'll add more in a bit."

I really don't understand the haters.... I just don't.

ETA: I never accused him of anything in the first sentance.... All I did was wonder if he was sitting on MGs for investment reasons.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbl23] [#6]
hellerfoundation.org/ is back online

ETA: Well sorta...
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 00sdime00] [#7]
NVM
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitkashooter] [#8]
Originally Posted By 00sdime00:
K
Have you linked the above chicken little to http://hellerfoundation.org/ and told him to fuck off yet!
View All Quotes
K
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
Some guy here in Alaska has accused Nolo of being an idiot shyster lawyer... Here is what he just wrote on an Alaska NFA page:

"Criticizing the plan or the players does not make one antigun, or gay, or retarded, or a rich fatcat. Can you agree with that? Not the end goal, but the plan and the players. Can you distinguish between those three things? I have to ask, because as a rule, nobody else has when these issues are brought up.
First way- inexperienced lawyers. Just because a lawyer knows what an AR15 is or what NFA stands for or feels that a trust is a good means to possess a firearm does not mean he is a good lawyer, or an experienced lawyer. Which is why I would like to keep everyone aware of the fact that those lawyers who argued Heller are not involved in Hollis. That is a very important fact, one which is not only not being discussed, when it is pointed out, the person who points it out is personally attacked...
Alan Gura, Robert Levy, and Clark Neily are stellar lawyers, both in their grasp of law and in legal maneuvering. I have seen nothing that would indicate that those currently involved in Hollis, or those involved in the Heller Foundation, make me want to have them 'help' determine the future of our gun rights in any fashion. And remember- Gura & Co. only won Heller by a single vote.
Second way- a bad case. Starting with a bad case is a great way to make bad case law. Finding and filing your case only after you have received $20-30,000 in free money from a gofundme campaign is not how you find a good case. Any lawyer who doesn't have $20-30,000 in free money from a gofundme campaign will say that. Your first personal attack against someone who disagrees with your assertion is that I'm financially driven- I don't have a no strings attached gofundme campaign in place. Starting with the first way, continuing with the second way, leads you right into the third way-
Activist judges- of which they all are. So you've got the first, you've got the second- hell, you don't even need both, you could have varying degrees of either or, for that matter, just a moonbat judge who has spent her entire life to get to where she can 'make a difference'... which means she not only gets to say 'no', she gets to say 'no- and here's why, and where, and for whom...'
I'll add more in a bit."

ETA: I never accused him of anything in the first sentance.... All I did was wonder if he was sitting on MGs for investment reasons.

Have you linked the above chicken little to http://hellerfoundation.org/ and told him to fuck off yet!

Yes!!! He posted this soon after!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Got_Nukes] [#9]

View All Quotes
K

I'll add more in a bit."

So he would rather maintain the status quo than challenge the law.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm litigating this case with Steve.  I tend to stay away from these internet forums but I figured I'd chime in regarding our experience.  
I actually litigated the Hawaii handgun carry case Baker v. Kealoha. That was argued and won on the same day as San Diego v Peruta at the Ninth Circuit.
I overturned Hawaii ban on resident aliens in Fotoudis v. City and County of Honolulu
I have two other Hawaii cases on appeal to the Ninth Circuit on Second Amendment issues. Both are fully briefed and deal with novel issues for the nation
I also currently represent Ares Armor against the A.T.F. in several matters.
I also have been successful in other areas of constitutional law. Primarily First Amendment and government takings issues.
I have spent almost my entire legal career dedicated to curbing governmental abuse.  Prior to that I served in the Marines which provided me with basic weapons knowledge most other attorneys in this area of law do not possess.  I have found Stephen to be a capable attorney that is easy to work with.  I believe that the pleadings we have drafted in this matter are on par with anything you will find from the gun lobbies' attorneys.  

-Alan Beck

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:

K

I'll add more in a bit."

Cowards gonna coward.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyingGorilla] [#12]
Excellent news to hear that you're on the team with Nolo, Alan.  Welcome aboard the floating internet asylum known as Arfcom.  Here's hoping you and Nolo meet with the greatest of success in your efforts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wolfwood:
I'm litigating this case with Steve.  I tend to stay away from these internet forums but I figured I'd chime in regarding our experience.  
I actually litigated the Hawaii handgun carry case Baker v. Kealoha. That was argued and won on the same day as San Diego v Peruta at the Ninth Circuit.
I overturned Hawaii ban on resident aliens in Fotoudis v. City and County of Honolulu
I have two other Hawaii cases on appeal to the Ninth Circuit on Second Amendment issues. Both are fully briefed and deal with novel issues for the nation
I also have been successful in other areas of constitutional law. Primarily First Amendment and government takings issues.
I have spent almost my entire legal career dedicated to curbing governmental abuse.  Prior to that I served in the Marines which provided me with basic weapons knowledge most other attorneys in this area of law do not possess.  I have found Stephen to be a capable attorney that is easy to work with.  I believe that the pleadings we have drafted in this matter are on par with anything you will find from the gun lobbies' attorneys.  

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Rahh Glad to have a Marine in the fight. Welcome Sir!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuxorDeathbed] [#15]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

If you are as you claim then

Most people here see Nolo as a very competent person.  Just some naysayers.

[edit]  I see Nolo has confirmed, just have to watch out for trolls.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Thank you, and thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes thank you in many different ways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:39:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ejeviking] [#18]

-Alan Beck
View Quote
Welcome to the site Alan! You have a lot of support here and, of course, some detractors. Thank you for helping with the cause, good luck, and take it to 'em!

ETA: Semper Fi! Now log out and log back in!

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#19]

I'll add more in a bit."

View Quote

You may also want to remind him that the NRA tried to scuttle Heller half a dozen times before it got to the USSC, and over many of the same fears stated here except for the GoFundMe thing.  And IIRC that was only set up because people here asked for a way to donate, not because NOLO was out soliciting funds.  Going through the Heller Foundations allows people to donate and get a tax deduction since it's a 501c3 non-profit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

Now...log out and log back in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]

I'll add more in a bit."

View Quote

I guess he's not getting enough attention from his 5 person audience on Subguns so now he's spamming other boards too. What a douche.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Welcome!
View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

Welcome!

Shit just got REAL !!!!

Welcome to the looney bin !!!

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#23]
My vote for best post #1 ever.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#24]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Indeed!  Welcome to the asylum!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#25]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome sir, and I hope you will continue to visit here..I am but a lowlife minion who cannot afford machine-guns, but I support everything you guys are doing..thanks ...
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jcriley:

I guess he's not getting enough attention from his 5 person audience on Subguns so now he's spamming other boards too. What a douche.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcriley:

I'll add more in a bit."

Funny thing, he's reading this thread but of course refuses to enter into the conversation.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#27]
The amount of Deep that some supposedly pro gun people exude just amazes me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sbl23:
hellerfoundation.org/ is back online

ETA: Well sorta...
View Quote

The cat got out of the bag early and arfcom hammered the page...  give us a chance, we're working on it!!!    Please bear with us.  I mean, we're working on it RFN as I type this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
My vote for best post #1 ever.  

View Quote

Hey, fargo!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#30]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome Alan!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#31]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Thank you for your efforts, you are greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#32]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome to the site Mr. Beck. Give em hell!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#33]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

15'er of the YEAR! (That's my welcome)

You mentioned it, sort of, so I have to go OT & ask how much longer before the 99% Lower bomb gets dropped?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#34]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome to the board, Mr. Beck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By THEBAUMER:

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

Hey THEBAUMER.....You fucking ROCK Brother....I don't even think he know what this means....yet  

Welcome wolfwood....followed some of your Post over on Calguns.  Some of us know who you are
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#36]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome and thank you for your good work.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#37]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Glad to have you, Alan.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#38]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome to Arfcom!

Please don't be a stranger, at least in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

You mentioned it, sort of, so I have to go OT & ask how much longer before the 99% Lower bomb gets dropped?
View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

The what now??????
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#40]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

You realize that once here you can never leave.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#41]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Post count...check.
Join date...check.

I kid, I kid.

Hope you stay and keep us updated.  It's been awesome to watch Nolo's progress and hear his thoughts throughout this whole thing.  Thanks for all you guys are doing and keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#42]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome to ARFCom and thank you for joining the case and forum!  Glad to have you.

Does a former Corpsman get to give a Marine an ooh-rah!?  Give 'em hell, Marine!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

The what now??????
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

-Alan Beck

The what now??????
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/99percentlower

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I suspect the ATF will use the same argument that they used with the SIG Brace. That misusing a product changes what it is.  However, one could argue that the end user is the one ultimately changing what is, and no transfer of a firearm is taking place at the time of sale. Etc Etc. Not saying the ATF is on solid legal ground, but do you want to be the one they make an example out of?  However, it is something that should be litigated to say the very least. It would just be difficult to find someone who has standing, since no one wants to risk a felony to challenge it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#45]

-Alan Beck

View Quote

Welcome to the site and we are all hoping you guys success
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:07:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ejeviking] [#46]

Originally Posted By ziegenbock:
Hey THEBAUMER.....You fucking ROCK Brother....I don't even think he know what this means....yet  

Welcome wolfwood....followed some of your Post over on Calguns.  Some of us know who you are

View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

THEBAUMER was 12 minutes late though!

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ejeviking:
View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

the dude's probably never going to post here again, and y'all are still tripping over each other to buy him a membership

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

-Alan Beck

Nice 1st post.

Thanks for helping.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MaxTheRabbit:

the dude's probably never going to post here again, and y'all are still tripping over each other to buy him a membership

View Quote

Meanwhile, you continue the trend of making this the most quoted first post.  

Page / 224
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top