Look at this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foahTqz7On4
View Quote
damn... I am in awe
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
“My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Sounds like reality to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Look at this one.
View Quote

That is really cool.

Those elephants paint better than I could in art class.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Need to add in Yoko Ono for a duet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Look at this one.
View Quote

I mean, I’m seeing it and I still don’t believe it.  Wow
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#10]
“Pure arithmetics can explain how much you’ve lost, but only your ass can tell how badly its been kicked.”
-Gunther Rall, Luftwaffe pilot who served in the Battle of Britain.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
this is pretty neat. It's Bobby McFarrin of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" fame

some of the YouTube comments:

@bwmertz   3 years ago
What Bobby is doing here is transcendent.  He gives an audience four notes of a five note scale, with no context, with no explanation, and the audience is intuitively able to grasp what the 5th note of the scale is.  Not only that, the audience is able to intuitively understand the way the scale continues, above and below the range they were given.  The fact that Bobby says this works with audience anywhere in the world speaks to a deep cross-cultural piece of the human experience and how we understand music and ourselves.  Something is happening at the fundamental level here and I think it's lost on some people how truly profound this is.

@aaravkonidena4850  2 years ago
the best part is that the audience doesn't even realise they're in a pentatonic scale. When Bobby went down below the tonic, the audience still knew which note to sing instinctively, and the fact that the scale is imprinted in our minds is honestly so cool.

Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Cat learns to shoot rubber bands!
Marksmanship starts at 2:07 but the learning curve is cute!

Meet Serena. The Only Cat In the World that Shoots Rubber Bands!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#16]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQkzXnK4vJ8
View Quote
smarter than POTUS
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
smarter than POTUS
View Quote
That's a low bar to set.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQkzXnK4vJ8
View Quote

One of our Siamese cat's absolute favorite thing in the whole world is to have someone shoot hair ties so she can chase them. She'll bring them back, but not always all the way. She looks at me like I'm stupid. "Hey human, get off your butt and get my hair ties so I can chase and find them again."
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

One of our Siamese cat's absolute favorite thing in the whole world is to have someone shoot hair ties so she can chase them. She'll bring them back, but not always all the way. She looks at me like I'm stupid. "Hey human, get off your butt and get my hair ties so I can chase and find them again."
View Quote

Did you?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

Did you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

Did you?

Sometimes. She has teeth and claws, and is not afraid to use them. Plus it is great exercise and fun for her, and breaks up my usually boring day working from home.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#21]

@bwmertz   3 years ago
What Bobby is doing here is transcendent.  He gives an audience four notes of a five note scale, with no context, with no explanation, and the audience is intuitively able to grasp what the 5th note of the scale is.  Not only that, the audience is able to intuitively understand the way the scale continues, above and below the range they were given.  The fact that Bobby says this works with audience anywhere in the world speaks to a deep cross-cultural piece of the human experience and how we understand music and ourselves.  Something is happening at the fundamental level here and I think it's lost on some people how truly profound this is.

the best part is that the audience doesn't even realise they're in a pentatonic scale. When Bobby went down below the tonic, the audience still knew which note to sing instinctively, and the fact that the scale is imprinted in our minds is honestly so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk
View Quote

You'd love this guy.

Jacob Collier - The Audience Choir (Live at O2 Academy Brixton, London)
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Volksgewehr:

You'd love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KsF309XpJo
View Quote

What a joyful noise
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: packinheavy] [#27]
One of my coworkers folded this today on purpose to see how it would turn out as one of the branches has done it by accident on more than one occasion while performing funeral honors.

It's weird looking.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
One of my coworkers folded this today on purpose to see how it would turn out as one of the branches has done it by accident on more than one occasion while performing funeral honors.

It's weird looking.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26168/1000007180_jpg-3158826.JPG
View Quote

We Austria now?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Javak:

We Austria now?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:

It's weird looking.  

We Austria now?  
Nah, just slightly tarded at times. Well, at least one of the branches.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#31]

It's weird looking.  

View Quote

How stupid do you have to be to start folding on the blue end if you ever saw what the final product is supposed to look like.

Go ahead, spit out which branch "has done it by accident (incompetence) on more than one occasion".
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]

How stupid do you have to be to start folding on the blue end if you ever saw what the final product is supposed to look like.

Go ahead, spit out which branch "has done it by accident (incompetence) on more than one occasion".
View All Quotes

It's weird looking.  

No, they start the initial length wise folds wrong and the stars end up inside instead of outside.   They do the triangle folds from the proper end.  

If the flag is pre folded from the funeral home for a cremation, it is frequently folded wrong with the blue on the wrong side(but still on the exterior).  When we unfold it we just "flip" the flag and fold it properly.  The funeral homes do this as they come out of the box, or more recently bags, the opposite of how they would be placed on a casket(stars in the left hand of the person at the head of the casket or over the heart of the deceased if you think of it that way).

I'm thinking they just don't recognize that they stars are on the wrong side and start folding it without flipping it.

That's about the only way I can see it happening.  The Private said she had to work at it to get it to look exactly like this. I'm guessing when the Oops happen there is still some blue visible.  

This is a failure of leadership to train their people. They do the least number of services, so they get the least experience.  But the poor bastards get sent out without the needed training. We try to help them as much as possible and frequently do re-folds for them if red is showing after they are done.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/sponsored/people-feared-being-buried-alive-so-much-they-invented-these-special-safety-coffins-180970627/

In 17th century England, it is documented that a woman by the name of Alice Blunden was buried alive. As the story goes, she was so knocked out after having imbibed a large quantity of poppy tea that a doctor holding a mirror to her nose and mouth pronounced her dead. (Tea made from dried, unwashed seed pods would have contained morphine and codeine, which are sedatives.) Her family quickly made arrangements for her burial, but two days after she was laid in the ground, children playing near her grave heard noises. Their school master went to check the gravesite for himself. He found that Blunden was still alive, but it took another day to exhume her. She was so close to death that she was returned to her grave, where a guard stood by before deserting his post. The next morning, she was found dead, but only after struggling to free herself once more.
-------------------------
There were a series of inventions in the 19th century, which would aid someone, who was buried alive, to escape, breathe and signal for help.

Patent No. 81,437 granted to Franz Vester on August 25, 1868 for an “Improved Burial-Case”

The tomb is equipped with a number of features including an air inlet (F), a ladder (H) and a bell (I) so that the person, upon waking, could save himself. “If too weak to ascend by the ladder, he can ring the bell, giving the desired alarm for help, and thus save himself from premature death by being buried alive,” the patent explains.
Much more on coffins in the article.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#35]
Carrie Fisher and her stunt double Tracey Eddon with Harrison Ford's stunt double Vic Armstrong on the set of Return of the Jedi

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/sponsored/people-feared-being-buried-alive-so-much-they-invented-these-special-safety-coffins-180970627/

In 17th century England, it is documented that a woman by the name of Alice Blunden was buried alive. As the story goes, she was so knocked out after having imbibed a large quantity of poppy tea that a doctor holding a mirror to her nose and mouth pronounced her dead. (Tea made from dried, unwashed seed pods would have contained morphine and codeine, which are sedatives.) Her family quickly made arrangements for her burial, but two days after she was laid in the ground, children playing near her grave heard noises. Their school master went to check the gravesite for himself. He found that Blunden was still alive, but it took another day to exhume her. She was so close to death that she was returned to her grave, where a guard stood by before deserting his post. The next morning, she was found dead, but only after struggling to free herself once more.
-------------------------
There were a series of inventions in the 19th century, which would aid someone, who was buried alive, to escape, breathe and signal for help.

Patent No. 81,437 granted to Franz Vester on August 25, 1868 for an “Improved Burial-Case”

The tomb is equipped with a number of features including an air inlet (F), a ladder (H) and a bell (I) so that the person, upon waking, could save himself. “If too weak to ascend by the ladder, he can ring the bell, giving the desired alarm for help, and thus save himself from premature death by being buried alive,” the patent explains.
Much more on coffins in the article.
View Quote

Thus the term, dead ringer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Carrie Fisher and her stunt double Tracey Eddon with Harrison Ford's stunt double Vic Armstrong on the set of Return of the Jedi

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/432934954_820221150150278_72129131299112-3161006.jpg

ETA:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/ClintonsPray-2565146.png
View Quote

Carrie is hotter, but Tracey looks like fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#41]

@bwmertz   3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk
View Quote

Super cool.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quint taking a nap on setAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#49]

WTF are these guys doing? Never mind using the ceiling fan as support.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bodybagger] [#50]
Page / 155
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top