Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, I haven't actually found a storyline to play, yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, this seems like as good a place to ask as any. Is the game really as one-dimensional as it seems so far? I have crafted virtually everything possible from the materials I have found. I have built 2 little "houses" for stashing my stuff. I have broken, literally, 10's of thousands of blocks.

What's the endgame? What am I preparing for? Some of the structures are amazing and humbling but, if it's not my goal to build a replica of the Taj Mahal am I in the wrong game?

FWIW, the folks on the server have been so freaking helpful I have been truly surprised. What a good bunch, honestly.

Have you played through the actual game part of it?

There are dragons to slay and all that fun stuff. Or you can prep to PVP (fighting in an arena)

You're right though, there is no actual end to it. It's open world, just a fun thing to do as a community.

Unfortunately with a matured server like ours in a lot of cases the Ender Dragon and such have already been located and beaten. There are tons of tunnels and dungeons built into the world to still be explored but it is now primarily a creative release for most of us.

I play primarily just so that I can use the creative side of my brain and relax.  Right now I am working on a complete underground residence with garden, living areas, etc.  it can get tedious but its always nice to see it when its done
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
This. I just built myself a nice island getaway, once that I could never afford in real life...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Unfortunately with a matured server like ours in a lot of cases the Ender Dragon and such have already been located and beaten. There are tons of tunnels and dungeons built into the world to still be explored but it is now primarily a creative release for most of us.

I play primarily just so that I can use the creative side of my brain and relax.  Right now I am working on a complete underground residence with garden, living areas, etc.  it can get tedious but its always nice to see it when its done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, this seems like as good a place to ask as any. Is the game really as one-dimensional as it seems so far? I have crafted virtually everything possible from the materials I have found. I have built 2 little "houses" for stashing my stuff. I have broken, literally, 10's of thousands of blocks.

What's the endgame? What am I preparing for? Some of the structures are amazing and humbling but, if it's not my goal to build a replica of the Taj Mahal am I in the wrong game?

FWIW, the folks on the server have been so freaking helpful I have been truly surprised. What a good bunch, honestly.

Have you played through the actual game part of it?

There are dragons to slay and all that fun stuff. Or you can prep to PVP (fighting in an arena)

You're right though, there is no actual end to it. It's open world, just a fun thing to do as a community.

I'm working on a kick-ass basement, and on expanding my current compound.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag....I may jump on in the next few days....

So I need to add hi-res mod pack?  Do I need to run Forge or is the server running bukkit flavor?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well guys I tried... They will not accept my card, nor paypal nor any thing else.. I can not legally download this game... Ive been sitting her since 7pm waiting for them to accept my money, when I could have just easily stolen the game and been playing hours ago. This is what happens when you try to be honest I guess
View Quote
The site has trouble every now and then, wait a while and give it another shot

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well guys I tried... They will not accept my card, nor paypal nor any thing else.. I can not legally download this game... Ive been sitting her since 7pm waiting for them to accept my money, when I could have just easily stolen the game and been playing hours ago. This is what happens when you try to be honest I guess

I sent them 2 emails, tried 7 credit cards, paypal you name it, they simply dont want my money... Im sitting here looking at the free download thinking to my self, why.. why am I honest, its here for the taking, but I just cant do it.. I even said that in one of my emails to them.. I pointed out that Im trying to legally download this game and its nothing but head aches.. I could have had this game up and running last night in about 5 minutes but here I sit pissed off and frustrated...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks for the help earlier snake.
View Quote
Oh I hope you set a home there I forgot to before taking off.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Tag....I may jump on in the next few days....

So I need to add hi-res mod pack?  Do I need to run Forge or is the server running bukkit flavor?
View Quote
You don't NEED a hi red resource pack that's just if you want one.

You don't need forge to play on the server.

If you would like your game to look nicer you can download any texture pack of your choice and then just drop it in one of your minecraft folders and select it in game and your minecraft will look nice.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the server texture pack installed that is offered for download in the valhalla server townhall. Looks pretty damn good with that!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
How do you reload the weapons such as the pistol, and the musket?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you tried mouse click? I have the M16, that's auto reload...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you just click it until it reloads?

Also, I have a set of diamond horse armor.. and the gun texture pack makes it look like an M16.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]

M16.. I must have one. How do I craft one?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can buy them in the town hall
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'muricraft
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
You press "Q" they are muzzle loaders so the reload takes abut 15 seconds.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm. My blunderbuss reloaded with a mouse click...?

My gun texture pack is installed, the 16 still looks like horse armor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty clear that whoever did the Gun texture pack fucked that up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#20]
on the wall and in your inventory yes, but in your hands, looks like a m16...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I fixed it. Changed the order of the installed packs (put the gun pack first in the list, before the snake pack). Now the 16 looks just fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meh, I fixed it. Changed the order of the installed packs (put the gun pack first in the list, before the snake pack). Now the 16 looks just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have the gun pack first in my text pack list.

Over the default pack, because while the Snake pack looks cool and all, I don't really like it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey I'm not sure which one of you is solidcool223 in game but I had to ban your account. I think your son was on it running around destroying things and smacking people. If you want it unbanned I can do that I just need a guarantee that the account wont cause any further problems.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I sent them 2 emails, tried 7 credit cards, paypal you name it, they simply dont want my money... Im sitting here looking at the free download thinking to my self, why.. why am I honest, its here for the taking, but I just cant do it.. I even said that in one of my emails to them.. I pointed out that Im trying to legally download this game and its nothing but head aches.. I could have had this game up and running last night in about 5 minutes but here I sit pissed off and frustrated...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I originally downloaded it my debit card got lock down twice. Seems smaller banks will flag and freeze cards quick when dealing with off shore card processors.   I don't remember exactly how I did eventually pay for the game though.    I know I bitched about it in one of reservists original server threads though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Awesome server, Bros!

Thanx for the warm welcome!

I had to click the "Voted for O", thanks for breaking me out.

Looking forward to some good times for myself & the kid. He's the master crafter & he knows to be respectful & will not abuse the freedom.

Urbane

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:22:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey I'm not sure which one of you is solidcool223 in game but I had to ban your account. I think your son was on it running around destroying things and smacking people. If you want it unbanned I can do that I just need a guarantee that the account wont cause any further problems.
View Quote

I ran his IP, it was a Comcast, Colorado, IP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#28]
My importation of villagers to my island

http://youtu.be/Nzhh-P9ou7Y

http://youtu.be/Nzhh-P9ou7Y
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably smashed my house
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been playing too much Elite: Dangerous lately to get on Minecraft... I guess I play it in spurts, get super into it for a couple of months then never want to see it again for about 6 months, then start over

Maybe I'll jump back in when I get bored with E:D and get my donator status back up.

BTW, who won the Trollheim contest? I had high hopes for my build
View Quote

what is your user name in ED?

Too bad its not 1.6.4 then i could use the Minecrift version..
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that was my 6yr old son. He loves that game. No worries or need to unlock I really don't play.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah that was my 6yr old son. He loves that game. No worries or need to unlock I really don't play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Started playing on the arfcom server fairly lightly a couple of weeks ago. Really good group of guys on teamspeak. They will help you and answer any questions you might have getting started. If you are thinking about getting the game and have never played don't even worry about it. They will get you up to speed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I both see points toward working on one server, but most servers are just a bunch of individuals doing their own things.

Is there a collective build project on the arfcom server, or is it like the survival individual mode - only easier?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When I originally downloaded it my debit card got lock down twice. Seems smaller banks will flag and freeze cards quick when dealing with off shore card processors.   I don't remember exactly how I did eventually pay for the game though.    I know I bitched about it in one of reservists original server threads though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im still trying to get it.. Iv been emailing them for almost 2 weeks now, and its getting pretty heated.. I mentioned in one of my emails that I order some legos for my son from the UK, the same day I was trying to get this game, and he has them in his room now, and yet were still emailing each other about a 20$ download... I think may have cursed a few times as well. Im still waiting to here back from "DAvid" at minecraft... (Thats how he signs his emails).. At this point I have lost all hope, but Im going to continue emailing him, and demanding satisfaction, maybe Ill they will just give me a free download to get me to stop.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I both see points toward working on one server, but most servers are just a bunch of individuals doing their own things.

Is there a collective build project on the arfcom server, or is it like the survival individual mode - only easier?
View Quote
Yeah lots of different community builds, you really to be on the team speak though to get in on them. I'm always working on something too and I dont mind if people help the last thing I made was this viking castle thats larger then our whole town.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah lots of different community builds, you really to be on the team speak though to get in on them. I'm always working on something too and I dont mind if people help the last thing I made was this viking castle thats larger then our whole town.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, quite a few community builds, but why stop there. Got a big idea an think you cant handle it on your worn, there lots of people who will help YOU with your builds. Just have some chests with materials and lots of time someone is looking to do something NOT on there own. a change of scenery as such..
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup, quite a few community builds, but why stop there. Got a big idea an think you cant handle it on your worn, there lots of people who will help YOU with your builds. Just have some chests with materials and lots of time someone is looking to do something NOT on there own. a change of scenery as such..
View Quote

I've been dreaming of building a scale-correct ferrari where the roof is as high as the highest sky block space.  It might take some time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I've been dreaming of building a scale-correct ferrari where the roof is as high as the highest sky block space.  It might take some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ehh we have a car like that but its not a Ferrari.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been playing too much Elite: Dangerous lately to get on Minecraft... I guess I play it in spurts, get super into it for a couple of months then never want to see it again for about 6 months, then start over

Maybe I'll jump back in when I get bored with E:D and get my donator status back up.

BTW, who won the Trollheim contest? I had high hopes for my build

MadMonkey (or MadMonkey572). I haven't been playing as much lately, got frustrated at bounty hunting when I'd kill an Anaconda and it wouldn't give me a voucher

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I just want to know how to buy the M-16, as you can't buy it in the town, the store just says "coming soon".

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just want to know how to buy the M-16, as you can't buy it in the town, the store just says "coming soon".

View Quote

Do /warp town, turn to your right and walk towards the admin shop. The gun shop will be to your right, just before the ATM. The 16 is 66,666.00 Snake Bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do /warp town, turn to your right and walk towards the admin shop. The gun shop will be to your right, just before the ATM. The 16 is 66,666.00 Snake Bucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

Now what? (picture taken on server, about 30 seconds ago)
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
K

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/brownj255/wat_zps02acefa2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

K

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/brownj255/wat_zps02acefa2.jpg

I'll add those two right now.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Snake refilled them? Good.

Did you try the servers texture pack along with the gun pack? Things look a lot better with Snakes server texture pack...
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Snake refilled them? Good.

Did you try the servers texture pack along with the gun pack? Things look a lot better with Snakes server texture pack...
View Quote
I added the Vietnam Era M-16

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Did any of you guys try out our PVP server?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Not into PvP.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did any of you guys try out our PVP server?
View Quote

I built a little shack, hopefully far enough out.  I may pop on during the weekend to see if there is any action.

Only met a couple people there so far.  I went when I got tpa requests, but so far only one of the teleporters wound up killing me after checking out my place.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Who is forster46 and why are they such an asshole?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top