Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2015 9:21:42 AM EDT
'Jihadi John' threatens to kill Japanese hostages unless they receive $200m in 72-hour ultimatum after their Prime Minister pledged the same amount to countries fighting ISIS

The Islamic State has released a video threatening to kill two Japanese hostages unless they receive $200 million within 72 hours.

It comes two days after Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe pledged $200million in non-military support for countries fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

The video, identified as being made by the group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, mirrored other hostage threats it has made.

The clip, posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, featured the British-accented militant widely known as 'Jihadi John' who appeared in the beheading videos of four Western hostages last year.
View Quote

It will be interesting to see what Japan does, I doubt they will pay and those hostages will likely die either way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Katanas of the Rising Sun, ISIS edition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
needs more giant robots invading the Middle East...

Japan needs to go ape shit on them practicing to repel the Chinese.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I would love to see Abe donate another $200 million to fighting ISIS in response
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I 'm so sick of these fuckers and wish we'd (allied forces) would just accept their offer for a holy war and get it over with already.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Will they cook the peni first?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's sit this one out to see if Japan has any balls...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#7]
No worries. Once our guys train all the "moderates" over there, this stuff will stop.

Obama sez so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
So is Jihadi John the new Osama Bin Laden? Public Enemy #1? Gonna take us 10 years to find and kill him (allegedly), so we'll be at war somewhere in the mean time?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope the Japanese capture the terrorists and then proceed to run bamboo slivers up their fingernails.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess they're just going down the list of nations, trying to make sure they piss off everyone of them. Wonder who's next
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#11]
These ignorant fucks keep poking at cultures that have in the recent past had vast empires just don't know what they are dealing with.

The Asians tremble at the thought of a muscular expansionist Japan. All of Africa has leaders that were children when white guys had drinks served at the officers club of thier capital. If Europe and Japan get all Empire Strikes Back on the Jihadis the Arabs will be serving Gins and tonic at the Officers club in Bagdad to thier new overlords.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting demands.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
In a perfect world it would be death by giant robots.  That would be outstanding.  "So sorry...  The giant robot is malfunctioning.  We can get it back under control but it requires cash.  Could you be so kind as to send us $200 million USD along with your hostages so we can get this thing resolved?"

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#15]
My thoughts on this are not PC due to the fact I just happen to reading the book "Flyboys" about the Japanese beheading and eating American pilots during WWII.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#16]
why are these fucks still allowed to utilize oxygen?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
'Jihadi John' threatens to kill Japanese hostages unless they receive $200m in 72-hour ultimatum after their Prime Minister pledged the same amount to countries fighting ISIS

The Islamic State has released a video threatening to kill two Japanese hostages unless they receive $200 million within 72 hours.

It comes two days after Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe pledged $200million in non-military support for countries fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

The video, identified as being made by the group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, mirrored other hostage threats it has made.

The clip, posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, featured the British-accented militant widely known as 'Jihadi John' who appeared in the beheading videos of four Western hostages last year.
View Quote

It will be interesting to see what Japan does, I doubt they will pay and those hostages will likely die either way.
View Quote

If Japan did pay (which I doubt) they wouldn't kill them because it would set a precedent of killing hostages even when ransoms are paid. Then kidnapping and demanding future ransoms wouldn't work.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#18]
They gonna unleash Godzilla up in dat bit_h.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think pissing of the Japanese is a good idea. Abe has no idea how to fix that economy, so war would be a great thing to keep things off the minds of the males who can't even get a date. (Japanese girls aren't interested in the men).

They also are losing population like Russia was recently due to such low birth rates which hurts the economy. Gotta have new births to pay for the ponzi schemes.

For some reason, I don't think the Japanese will follow all the rules of war like we do either.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I would be really happy if that fucker is smoked by a hellfire.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Send a pic of $2M.  "Here it is for pickup in Tokyo"
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think pissing of the Japanese is a good idea. Abe has no idea how to fix that economy, so war would be a great thing to keep things off the minds of the males who can't even get a date. (Japanese girls aren't interested in the men).

They also are losing population like Russia was recently due to such low birth rates which hurts the economy. Gotta have new births to pay for the ponzi schemes.

For some reason, I don't think the Japanese will follow all the rules of war like we do either.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#23]
How can Japan even afford to give away any money??
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Deliver them $200 million in jdams
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would be really happy if that fucker is smoked by a hellfire.
View Quote

Needs more NINJA.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I thought this fuckstick got waxed.

Damn.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh no, there goes Aleppo,
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't imagine it's a good idea to poke the folks that _invented_ and then _perfected_ crashing airplanes into stuff to break things.  Or that have BOTH Samurai and Ninjas on their side. That think everybody else is beneath them.

Look, little sandal-man, you aren't dead because we are trying to treat you "humanely".

The Japanese will have no such qualms.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Oh no, there goes Aleppo,

Go go Godzilla, yeah
View Quote
Well done

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Am I missing something here? Not that I wouldn't mind Japan kicking a little ass, but since when have they had the military might to project any power internationally?  At least the kind of power needed to defeat IS?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Am I missing something here? Not that I wouldn't mind Japan kicking a little ass, but since when have they had the military might to project any power internationally?  At least the kind of power needed to defeat IS?
View Quote

Lol

Ranked 10 on the global strength chart..they have a pretty big and modern military. Tanks, troops, fighters , ships and resources
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I 'm so sick of these fuckers and wish we'd (allied forces) would just accept their offer for a holy war and get it over with already.
View Quote
Thats what blows me away. They have been openly declaring holy war on the USA for 20-30 years! All we have to do is say okey dokey, we accept your declaration of war ...........BOOM! war over!

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
It's not their size, it's their willing to use whatever resources they have and not hold back in order to be "humane".

Unlike the U.S. who are restricted to what we can do the Japanese will honey badger the hell out of rules or war
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"The economy of Japan is the third largest in the world by nominal GDP, the fourth largest by purchasing power parity and is the world's second largest developed economy.."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can Japan even afford to give away any money??

"The economy of Japan is the third largest in the world by nominal GDP, the fourth largest by purchasing power parity and is the world's second largest developed economy.."

I was thinking more of their debt being 237% of GDP.

I keep forgetting spending money you don't have isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Peters has the solution. Find them and exterminate them. There will be collateral damage, accept it and don't apologize for it. Don't do any nation building, don't hold any ground. Leave nothing behind but smoking ruble and crying women.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]
ISIS doesn't remember this is what happens when you get the Japanese going:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hope the Japanese capture the terrorists and then proceed to run bamboo slivers up their fingernailspissholes.
View Quote

You were doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lol

Ranked 10 on the global strength chart..they have a pretty big and modern military. Tanks, troops, fighters , ships and resources
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Ok, let me reword that slightly, do they have the will to project the amount of power needed solely to the middle east, possibly going it alone?  Their economy isn't the greatest at the moment, and they have more concern over Chinese intentions than Muslim I would think.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I think what's its going to take to stop these animals are privately funded "mercenary" groups who don't answer to bureaucrats hunting them down and killing them. With enough funding and the entire play book opened up, I don't think the fuckers would last six months.

How much would you donate to see a response video of "Jihad John" on his knees being shot in the face?

How many ex SF guys from all over the world would love to go after these assholes with no red tape, no rules against torture or assassination and get paid better to do it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Let's sit this one out to see if Japan has any balls...
View Quote

They have less than we do.  A lot less.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Fundamentalists my ass...I KNEW it was all about the money!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/20/purported-isis-video-threatens-japanese-hostages-in-lieu-200m-ransom/

Japan has already said they are eager to pay the ransom.

Japan's Prime Minister vowed Tuesday to save the lives of two Japanese hostages, one a freelance journalist and the other a soldier for hire, threatened with beheading in an online video purportedly released by the Islamic State terror group.

In the video, identified as being made by the Islamic State group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, a militant threatened to kill the men unless a $200 million ransom was paid within 72 hours. If confirmed to be from Islamic State, better known as ISIS, the video would mark the first public demand for ransom from the group in exchange for the release of captives....
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think what's its going to take to stop these animals are privately funded "mercenary" groups who don't answer to bureaucrats hunting them down and killing them. With enough funding and the entire play book opened up, I don't think the fuckers would last six months.

How much would you donate to see a response video of "Jihad John" on his knees being shot in the face?

How many ex SF guys from all over the world would love to go after these assholes with no red tape, no rules against torture or assassination and get paid better to do it?
View Quote

Shot in the face?  No.  Head cut off with a dull knife.  Just as he does.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe I'm just jaded, but I doubt Japan will do anything.  Every time some asshole group does something we all say "Well, they were the wrong people to piss off!" and then nothing happens.  

We said the same thing about the Bosnians in St Louis, and what did they do?  Nothing.  

I guess we can all hope that maybe ISIS will piss off the Mexican drug cartels, maybe then something good will happen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if ISIS has ever heard of Unit 731?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Perfect reason for Japan to scrap Article 9 of their constitution and rebuild a proper military.

If they did scrap Article 9, Japanese SOF would be rescuing their two citizens and the JSDAF would be hitting targets alongside American Fighters and Bombers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/20/purported-isis-video-threatens-japanese-hostages-in-lieu-200m-ransom/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Japan's Prime Minister vowed Tuesday to save the lives of two Japanese hostages, one a freelance journalist and the other a soldier for hire, threatened with beheading in an online video purportedly released by the Islamic State terror group.

In the video, identified as being made by the Islamic State group's al-Furqan media arm and posted on militant websites associated with the extremist group, a militant threatened to kill the men unless a $200 million ransom was paid within 72 hours. If confirmed to be from Islamic State, better known as ISIS, the video would mark the first public demand for ransom from the group in exchange for the release of captives....

"Vowed to save" does not necessarily equal "Pay Ransom."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top