Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2015 12:53:53 PM EDT
I would think there could be a market for one with all the same options.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Because .45 > 9mm
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy one like that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless I'm remembering wrong wasn't the FNX Tac their entry into the Joint Combat Pistol Program? Wasn't one of the requirements of that program that all submissions be in 45ACP?

I'm sure FN could crank out a 9mm host gun without much modification though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.

I would love to have a high capacity 9mm pistol with high iron sights and can readily take a red dot and suppressor.

I've gotten to the point that I'm thinking about buying a regular service pistol, adding an after market barrel and sights, and sending it off to a gunsmith to mill the slide.

But good gracious that's expensive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
You need to seek out the

HK Tactical USP 9MM. It was at SHO T this year.

I am going to get a threaded pipe for my VP9 soon. My wife's FN MK 2 Fiveseven. .is can ready from FN ..jjust waiting on my can to get out of jail.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
FNH keeps kinda flirting with the handgun market, but just doesn't seem to ever take it very seriously.

I guess making 87 zillion other guns, most of which with wildly successful military contracts, can lead to neglecting market segments.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need to seek out the

I am going to get a threaded pipe for my VP9 soon. My wife's FN MK 2 Fiveseven. .is can ready from FN ..jjust waiting on my can to get out of jail.
View Quote

The HK does not have a built in red dot mount, does it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What I want is the FNP45, but chambered in 9mm. Same size, same everything, just change the barrel and magazine. A big, meaty, soft shooting, 20 round capacity 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FNH keeps kinda flirting with the handgun market, but just doesn't seem to ever take it very seriously.

I guess making 87 zillion other guns, most of which with wildly successful military contracts, can lead to neglecting market segments.
View Quote

They've been playing around with that design for several years now.  It can't seem to catch on with the market.  Decent pistol just doesn't do anything a dozen other designs already do just as well.  Honestly don't know anyone who owns any of the FN pistols.  It doesn't help that they keep coming out with a new version every couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Other than the Fiveseven and 45 TAC..their pistols are meh at best. In the years I was a part time counter jockey I don't think I ever sold one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree.

I would love to have a high capacity 9mm pistol with high iron sights and can readily take a red dot and suppressor.

I've gotten to the point that I'm thinking about buying a regular service pistol, adding an after market barrel and sights, and sending it off to a gunsmith to mill the slide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

An FNX tactical isn't all that much cheaper either.  

Looking forward to the Glock MOS line. If anything, it may shake up the market for RDS ready guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems like they are going all in on the FNS striker fired pistol, I think they added a compact version recently
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It seems like they are going all in on the FNS striker fired pistol, I think they added a compact version recently
View Quote

Yep

They should have stuck to the FNP line. Their DA/SA guns are great, even for my inner DA/SA hater. Their striker fired guns are extremely meh, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looking forward to the Glock MOS line. If anything, it may shake up the market for RDS ready guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

It's tempting me. And I'm not a Glock fan at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You need to seek out the

View Quote

Hkparts has some threadsd barrels for VP@. After handling a VP9 last week, I might be buying one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I do think that Glock's new line is exciting.  

Now, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Glocks.  Nothing against the guns, they just fit my hand weird & I do prefer a thumb safety.

But...the MOS line has got me drooling.  Not to the point I'm ready to jump into Glocks, but pretty darn close to it.

I really do hope that they jump start the market for RDS ready guns.

ETA - One drawback with the Glock MOS is that the sights are all standard height.  So you'd still have to install aftermarket sights and barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#17]
For the size of the gun, 10mm would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What I want is the FNP45, but chambered in 9mm. Same size, same everything, just change the barrel and magazine. A big, meaty, soft shooting, 20 round capacity 9mm.
View Quote

You mean like the FNP-9 or its replacement the FNX-9?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/handguns/fnx-series/fnx-9/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently you think the 45 and 9/40 are the same frame...

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

My Glock 19, rmr, milling work, cerakote and aftermarket threaded barrel cost about $1450. Same price as a FNX tactical. Could get that cheaper if you bought one of the glocks that came with factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#21]
All things being equal, the M&P Core wouldn't be awful for $770.

Still need to put an aftermarket barrel on it though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I mean literally the same frame and slide as the 45, just chambered in 9mm. I want a big 45 sized 9mm, not the scaled down version.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I want a FNX tactical BAD. But all my pistols are in 9mm because I have like 8k rounds of 9mm and 0 rounds of .45. I would FO hard on a FNX tactical 9.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#25]

you're also talking about striker vs. SA/DA then. Completely different animals so not really an apples to apples comparison.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No, I mean literally the same frame and slide as the 45, just chambered in 9mm. I want a big 45 sized 9mm, not the scaled down version.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awww I gotcha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

you're also talking about striker vs. SA/DA then. Completely different animals so not really an apples to apples comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know, this thread is just hitting on something I've been thinking about a lot here lately & its giving me the chance to think out loud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could sell a FNX .45/9mm Tactical Combo.
Swap some parts and run .45 or 9mm.

Then a matching PCC  that does the same and use the same mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Because .45 > 9mm
View Quote

7.62>5.56 too, except most people realize the 5.56 and 9 prove that bigger is not necessarily better.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be tits. I'm meh about the carbine, but I'd like to know how many 9mm rounds they could fit in the 45 frame. It holds fifteen 45, so that's at least twenty 9mm I'd assume?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Because .45 > 9mm
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#32]
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEWPEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW click.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Now, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Glocks.  Nothing against the guns, they just fit my hand weird & I do prefer a thumb safety.

But...the MOS line has got me drooling.  Not to the point I'm ready to jump into Glocks, but pretty darn close to it.

ETA - One drawback with the Glock MOS is that the sights are all standard height.  So you'd still have to install aftermarket sights and barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Yeah, you'd think taller sights would be a standard option.  You don't have to replace the barrel unless you plan on a silencer, which probably wouldn't be as common.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#34]
The FNX is too manly for you,9mm shooter        

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd buy one like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Did they ever update the trigger on the CORE? I heard the regular M&Ps have a newer trigger with a better reset.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been wondering this myself
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#38]
30 round 9mm
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If only they would take the BHP and make it into a great gun with lots of options.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top